Conquer Club

COVID Update 2022

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: COVID Update 2022

Postby PureStink on Mon Mar 28, 2022 7:18 pm

jusplay4fun wrote:A little less sensitive "skin" would help lots. So will more laughter, even if we laugh at ourselves. Too many react out of anger as if someone insulted the Family over what is really nothing. Too many make "mountains out of mole hills."

Will Smith could learn a thing or two from you.
Corporal PureStink

Postby jusplay4fun on Mon Mar 28, 2022 7:45 pm

PureStink wrote:
jusplay4fun wrote:A little less sensitive "skin" would help lots. So will more laughter, even if we laugh at ourselves. Too many react out of anger as if someone insulted the Family over what is really nothing. Too many make "mountains out of mole hills."

Will Smith could learn a thing or two from you.

He is ONE of many.
JP4Fun

Sergeant 1st Class jusplay4fun

Postby jonesthecurl on Wed Mar 30, 2022 4:40 pm

It doesn't seem to have been the big news item I'd have expected. but US covid deaths are several thousand over one million now.
instagram.com/garethjohnjoneswrites
Sergeant 1st Class jonesthecurl

Postby thegroover on Thu Mar 31, 2022 4:14 am

I've just had omicron B2. The latest one in the UK and its much milder and clears quicker than the earlier ones.

But I am triple vaxed so that may also have helped.
Captain thegroover

Postby jusplay4fun on Mon Apr 18, 2022 9:32 pm

I have heard that with regards to COVID and COVID outbreaks, the usual pattern of late is that the USA is about 4-6 weeks behind Europe. Thus we can soon expect another surge of COVID cases as the virus evolves and mutates.

For that reason (and because Chinese vaccines have proven to be less effective than most in the West) the Very Strict lockdowns in China due to COVID may not be as effective as leaders of the CCP hope. And these lockdowns are hurting (gasp..!..) the Chinese Economy.
JP4Fun

Postby jusplay4fun on Wed Apr 27, 2022 10:07 pm

Here's why Dr. Fauci says the U.S. is 'out of the pandemic phase'
Updated April 27, 20224:07 PM ET

The U.S. is no longer in the grip of the COVID-19 pandemic, despite the coronavirus's continuing global threat, according to Dr. Anthony Fauci, chief medical adviser to President Biden. But Fauci also warns that people should still be mindful of the disease.

"We are certainly right now in this country out of the pandemic phase," Fauci said in an interview with PBS NewsHour. "Namely, we don't have 900,000 new infections a day and tens and tens and tens of thousands of hospitalizations and thousands of deaths. We are at a low level right now."

"So if you're saying, 'Are we out of the pandemic phase in this country?' ā€” we are," he said.

https://www.npr.org/2022/04/27/1094997608/fauci-us-pandemic-phase-covid-19

Thanks God.
JP4Fun

Postby mookiemcgee on Wed Apr 27, 2022 11:12 pm

jusplay4fun wrote:
Here's why Dr. Fauci says the U.S. is 'out of the pandemic phase'
Updated April 27, 20224:07 PM ET

The U.S. is no longer in the grip of the COVID-19 pandemic, despite the coronavirus's continuing global threat, according to Dr. Anthony Fauci, chief medical adviser to President Biden. But Fauci also warns that people should still be mindful of the disease.

"We are certainly right now in this country out of the pandemic phase," Fauci said in an interview with PBS NewsHour. "Namely, we don't have 900,000 new infections a day and tens and tens and tens of thousands of hospitalizations and thousands of deaths. We are at a low level right now."

"So if you're saying, 'Are we out of the pandemic phase in this country?' ā€” we are," he said.

https://www.npr.org/2022/04/27/1094997608/fauci-us-pandemic-phase-covid-19

Thanks God.

Oh please, we are friends no need for such formalities. you can call me Zarathustra
Colonel mookiemcgee

Postby KoolBak on Thu Apr 28, 2022 7:09 am

He call me "Mr. Stud".....it works.

Thanks Obama.
"Gypsy told my fortune...she said that nothin showed...."

Neil Young....Like An Inca

AND:
riskllama wrote:Koolbak wins this thread.
Sergeant 1st Class KoolBak

Postby mookiemcgee on Thu Apr 28, 2022 9:23 am

Anyone been seeing this lastest batch of videos from China where they are basically barricading people into their owns homes? It does make me a little worried there is some weird part two happening over there that has yet to spread...

https://www.reddit.com/r/Damnthatsinter ... _in_china/
Colonel mookiemcgee

Postby jusplay4fun on Thu Apr 28, 2022 9:46 pm

mookiemcgee wrote:Anyone been seeing this lastest batch of videos from China where they are basically barricading people into their owns homes? It does make me a little worried there is some weird part two happening over there that has yet to spread...

Yes, very odd. What is going on in China? Too bad mrswdk is not here to TELL US.
JP4Fun

Postby saxitoxin on Fri Apr 29, 2022 1:16 am

mookiemcgee wrote:Anyone been seeing this lastest batch of videos from China where they are basically barricading people into their owns homes? It does make me a little worried there is some weird part two happening over there that has yet to spread...

There are many mysteries right now.

The Vice-Presidentress - who has not been seen for three days - has received Paxlovid treatment. Medical science says Paxlovid is only indicated for highly symptomatic cases. Observatory Circle has said the Vice-Presidentress is "not symptomatic." So why is she receiving a medicine she's contra-indicated for?

Things are going to get bad. The most important thing everyone can do right now is panic.

Last edited by saxitoxin on Fri Apr 29, 2022 1:24 am, edited 2 times in total.
Corporal saxitoxin

Postby saxitoxin on Fri Apr 29, 2022 1:17 am

jusplay4fun wrote:

Yes, very odd. What is going on in China? Too bad mrswdk is not here to TELL US.

She's in the shower right now. I'll ask her when she gets out.
Corporal saxitoxin

Postby bigtoughralf on Fri Apr 29, 2022 2:55 am

They're still trying to pursue a zero Covid strategy, which means every time they detect even a couple of cases they stick a local lockdown in place. Shanghai had a few thousand cases all at once and the local government basically decided to rewind the entire city to 2020.

https://www.unicef.org.uk/donate/children-in-gaza-crisis-appeal/

https://www.savethechildren.org.uk/how-you-can-help/emergencies/gaza-crisis
Lieutenant bigtoughralf

Postby bigtoughralf on Fri Apr 29, 2022 2:56 am

saxitoxin wrote:
jusplay4fun wrote:

Kinda weird you're that clued up on her daily routine. You do seem like the spy can sorta guy though so I'm not really surprised.

Lieutenant bigtoughralf

Postby saxitoxin on Fri Apr 29, 2022 8:13 am

bigtoughralf wrote:
saxitoxin wrote:
jusplay4fun wrote:

Kinda weird you're that clued up on her daily routine. You do seem like the spy can sorta guy though so I'm not really surprised.

More weird that you think it's weird that I know who's in my shower at any given time.
Corporal saxitoxin

Postby bigtoughralf on Fri Apr 29, 2022 10:07 am

As if you'd let another person use your shower. You'd probably feel compelled to throw it out and get a new one afterwards.

Lieutenant bigtoughralf

Postby jusplay4fun on Sat Apr 30, 2022 10:18 pm

Fauci backs out of White House correspondents' dinner over Covid risk

White House press secretary Jen Psaki said that while Biden will attend the event, he will not be there the meal portion and may wear a mask when heā€™s not giving remarks.

WASHINGTON ā€” Dr. Anthony Fauci has decided not to attend the White House Correspondents' Association dinner on Saturday amid concerns about Covid, a senior administration official confirmed to NBC News.

Fauci, 81, President Joe Biden's top Covid adviser and director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, told The New York Times on Tuesday that he decided not to go to the dinner "because of my individual assessment of my personal risk." His decision was first reported by CNN.

Biden, 79, and first lady Jill Biden, 70, plan to attend the event at the Washington Hilton on Saturday, the first time the event has been held since 2019 because of the pandemic.

White House press secretary Jen Psaki said Wednesday that the president will not be there for the dinner portion of the night's festivities, and that he may wear a mask when he's not giving remarks.

ā€œJust like anything itā€™s a risk assessment and a decision he made on a personal basis,ā€ she said.

A few thousand people have attended the dinner in previous years, held in a large ballroom at the Hilton hotel. Washington, D.C., lifted its mask mandate for many indoor public venues in February.

When asked about Fauci's decision to skip Saturday's event, Psaki said, ā€œHe can speak for himself and his decisions, and every individual will make their own decisions about whether they attend this event.ā€

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/politics-news/fauci-backs-white-house-correspondents-dinner-covid-risk-rcna26212

Rumor has it that saxi tried to sneak in BUT was caught and denied entrance since he is not VAXXED. :D His PAL ralf was trying to help, but failed, again. :lol: mrswdk was rumored to be in the shower, but that could not be confirmed. :lol: =D>
Llama was a no show, and has not been seen in a long time; also, KB was NOT KOOL 'nuff to get invited.

I had a few good laughs while I sipped my Cognac there. :D
JP4Fun

Postby saxitoxin on Sun May 01, 2022 3:43 am

I sincerely hope Biden got COVID-19 tonight. The comment about how he made a "personal risk assessment" while he simultaneously has his lawyers seeking to deny federal employees from enjoying the freedom to do likewise shows he is a fundamentally wicked and vile person who deserves a mild cough for 1-2 days.
Corporal saxitoxin

Postby jusplay4fun on Sun May 08, 2022 10:32 pm

saxitoxin wrote:I sincerely hope Biden got COVID-19 tonight. The comment about how he made a "personal risk assessment" while he simultaneously has his lawyers seeking to deny federal employees from enjoying the freedom to do likewise shows he is a fundamentally wicked and vile person who deserves a mild cough for 1-2 days.

Is this another false prediction by you, saxi? Or, saxi, do you merely prove what a wicked and vile person you are?
JP4Fun

Postby saxitoxin on Mon May 09, 2022 12:07 am

jusplay4fun wrote:
saxitoxin wrote:I sincerely hope Biden got COVID-19 tonight. The comment about how he made a "personal risk assessment" while he simultaneously has his lawyers seeking to deny federal employees from enjoying the freedom to do likewise shows he is a fundamentally wicked and vile person who deserves a mild cough for 1-2 days.

Is this another false prediction by you, saxi? Or, saxi, do you merely prove what a wicked and vile person you are?

A hope is not a prediction.
Corporal saxitoxin

Postby jusplay4fun on Wed May 11, 2022 2:26 am

saxitoxin wrote:
jusplay4fun wrote:

A hope is not a prediction.

That must mean that you continue to prove that you are a "wicked and vile person."

It is just like my quote that keep you repeating and wear like a badge of dishonor.
JP4Fun

Postby KoolBak on Wed May 11, 2022 10:35 am

So, I'm on our biannual trip to Kauai. 30th in 50 years. We skipped the last one due to COVID.

Just before we left, they dropped all the requirements for flying (proof of being healthy, mask mandates, etc).

One of the couples that always comes invited all their adopted kids. One of those couples is COVID positive and they fucking hopped on their plane and happily came anyway. Then joined in a nightly happy hour celebration of our group. Stupid fucking people.

So a 50 year (expensive, well planned out) tradition is fucked.

My direct family (bride, kids, siblings/spouses and 90 year old dad) left that get together immediately and will have zero interaction with the rest of the group for the rest of the trip. Dad's birthday party cancelled. Dinners cancelled. Beach trips, happy hours, etc cancelled.

Stupid ass selfish fucking tools.
"Gypsy told my fortune...she said that nothin showed...."

Neil Young....Like An Inca

AND:
riskllama wrote:Koolbak wins this thread.
Sergeant 1st Class KoolBak

Postby mookiemcgee on Wed May 11, 2022 3:02 pm

KoolBak wrote:So, I'm on our biannual trip to Kauai. 30th in 50 years. We skipped the last one due to COVID.

Just before we left, they dropped all the requirements for flying (proof of being healthy, mask mandates, etc).

One of the couples that always comes invited all their adopted kids. One of those couples is COVID positive and they fucking hopped on their plane and happily came anyway. Then joined in a nightly happy hour celebration of our group. Stupid fucking people.

My direct family (bride, kids, siblings/spouses and 90 year old dad) left that get together immediately and will have zero interaction with the rest of the group for the rest of the trip. Dad's birthday party cancelled. Dinners cancelled. Beach trips, happy hours, etc cancelled.

f*ck buddy, that's brutal.
Colonel mookiemcgee

Postby saxitoxin on Wed May 11, 2022 5:24 pm

KoolBak wrote:One of the couples that always comes invited all their adopted kids. One of those couples is COVID positive and they fucking hopped on their plane and happily came anyway. Then joined in a nightly happy hour celebration of our group. Stupid fucking people.

Were they vaccinated?
Corporal saxitoxin

Postby jusplay4fun on Wed May 11, 2022 6:53 pm

KoolBak wrote:So, I'm on our biannual trip to Kauai. 30th in 50 years. We skipped the last one due to COVID.

Those tools must have followed the saxi prescription: do not think, do not think of others , act stooopidly, ignore medical advice, and certainly be sure to think only ABOUT me, me, meeeeee..! And, for good measure, tell a few lies, and act wicked, vile, and EVIL, too.
JP4Fun

PreviousNext

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,