Conquer Club

FAO Dukasaur

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: FAO Dukasuar

Postby KoolBak on Mon Mar 22, 2021 12:14 pm

*frantically searches for a thread for dudes*
"Gypsy told my fortune...she said that nothin showed...."

Neil Young....Like An Inca

AND:
riskllama wrote:Koolbak wins this thread.
Sergeant 1st Class KoolBak

Postby Dukasaur on Mon Mar 22, 2021 12:51 pm

KoolBak wrote:*frantically searches for a thread for dudes*

:lol: :lol: :lol:
“‎Life is a shipwreck, but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats.”
― Voltaire
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby 2dimes on Mon Mar 22, 2021 5:57 pm

Sorry, we’re low on “threads for dudes.” symmetry quit.
Corporal 2dimes

Postby The ram on Tue Mar 23, 2021 5:55 am

Your weight must be preying on your mind a lot judging by the regularity of threads. Due to gyms and martial arts clubs being closed atm. Hire a personal trainer, he will give you the extra kick up the arse you need. Invest a grand, here in England it's around £25ph so 40 hours should get you living a new lifestyle. Get the exercise out the way as early in the day as possible and don't exercise any more than 4 days a week.
Cadet The ram

Postby KoolBak on Tue Mar 23, 2021 6:11 am

:lol:

Must be nice to have that much free time and unencumbered cash flow. Assuming you're young, single / child free. Some of us have businesses to run, families to care for, homes to operate. I can't imagine taking off for a few hours every other day to pay extravagantly to do something purely selfish...that's not how you stay married for 32 years :lol:

Are there lots of threads about fat fucks? Hadn't noticed.

But I AM going out shooting and playing Saturday...corresponds with upgrading the X5 I bought my wife and fulfilling eldest sons birthday wish, so definitely not selfish :lol:

AND:

Postby 2dimes on Tue Mar 23, 2021 8:47 am

I'm not excited to work hard and not see better results but good point. At least I didn't waste any money going to a gym or something. Initially I was just joking about addictive additives and playfully teasing someone. Then a response to koolbak caused a morph into a conversation until he complained when it became about a peculiar magician instead of our favourite series of C-10. Currently the only reason I care about my weight is a us gallon of fuel is 6 pounds. The 7-eca uses about five of those an hour, so in still wind, 30 pounds represents around an extra hundred miles.
Corporal 2dimes

Postby 2dimes on Tue Mar 23, 2021 9:05 am

Back on topic...

Galen G. Weston is in the news.

Update, I just found the video of Penn I remembered. He talked about eating meat like I thought. Basically livekindly.com is using sound bytes to support their agenda.

I occasionally have a corned beef on rye.
Corporal 2dimes

Postby 2dimes on Tue Jul 20, 2021 11:18 am

Someone opened a Buster's pizza and donair. It's not bad for a chain. The big news is they make cauliflower crust. Somewhat unusual here still. I have not tried it but I plan on it.

I doubt it's going to be able to satisfy the cravings I have from avoiding pizza with it but maybe it will.

https://www.busterspizza.ca
Corporal 2dimes

Postby Dukasaur on Tue Jul 20, 2021 5:04 pm

2dimes wrote:Someone opened a Buster's pizza and donair. It's not bad for a chain. The big news is they make cauliflower crust. Somewhat unusual here still. I have not tried it but I plan on it.

I doubt it's going to be able to satisfy the cravings I have from avoiding pizza with it but maybe it will.

https://www.busterspizza.ca

I've heard good things about cauliflower crust pizzas.
― Voltaire
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby 2dimes on Wed Jul 21, 2021 2:09 am

We made fake mashed potatoes out of cauliflower many years ago. It was ok. We have tried gluten free crust pizza once or twice, it was fairly terrible.
Corporal 2dimes

Postby jusplay4fun on Wed Jul 21, 2021 2:23 am

2dimes wrote:We made fake mashed potatoes out of cauliflower many years ago. It was ok. We have tried gluten free crust pizza once or twice, it was fairly terrible.

I think a lot of that depends on your tastes and how you prepare the food. For example, I tried a turkey burger years ago, frozen, pre-made from the store. HORRIBLE. We later learned a few "secrets" to better flavor: Fresh ground turkey and the right blend of spices to greatly improve the taste. We have those grilled often. And to add one more step to the flavor nodes, I grill over charcoal and use wood chips for a smoky flavor, too. I prefer to use half hickory and half apple wood. I have tried pecan and cherry wood chips in place of apple, and those are fine too. But to me, hickory is the key component of that. I have even used mesquite and that too is fine, but I like hickory the best.
JP4Fun

Sergeant 1st Class jusplay4fun

Postby 2dimes on Wed Jul 21, 2021 2:46 am

Do you use the turkey burger for a pizza crust, or potato substitute?
Corporal 2dimes

Postby jusplay4fun on Wed Jul 21, 2021 5:20 am

2dimes wrote:Do you use the turkey burger for a pizza crust, or potato substitute?

neither

And I usually put cheese on my burgers and then smoke them with the cheese on the grill. The cheese gets some of the smoky good flavor, too.
JP4Fun

Postby Dukasaur on Wed Jul 21, 2021 4:38 pm

Actually, using a burger for a pizza crust sounds good.

Make a big 10" burger. Slather on the cheese. Some sun-dried tomatoes, olives, ham, jalapenos, and anchovies.

Put the whole thing in the smoker and cook it good. That's a pizza I could endorse.
― Voltaire
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby 2dimes on Thu Jul 22, 2021 8:21 pm

Dukasaur wrote: I've heard good things about cauliflower crust pizzas.

It was decent. I'll still need a good bread crust on occasion but I believe this will work for most of my pizza needs.
Corporal 2dimes

Postby KoolBak on Fri Jul 23, 2021 9:07 am

*pukes repeatedly* :lol:

AND:

Postby 2dimes on Fri Jul 23, 2021 6:08 pm

My expectations were very low but it was fine. I understand though, I was a sceptic.
Corporal 2dimes

Re: FAO Dukasaur

Postby 2dimes on Sun Jan 09, 2022 5:06 am

Huh, nobody noticed I misspelled Dukasaur in the title?

So we somehow quit pizza for several months. Like every other bit of magical dietary advice. It didn't help.

I lost around ten pounds in 2021. I blame being active from the end of August until it got cold out and my knuckles started hurting too much. Kept it off so far, so I suppose I'm going in the right direction.

I have been joking/teasing everyone about BigMacs all week. I grabbed what was supposed to be a hot chocolate and six McNuggets. We have some gift cards, probably going to use them predominately on hot tea.
Corporal 2dimes

Postby 2dimes on Thu Aug 18, 2022 12:05 pm

Nikon is releasing a new set of binoculars that are quite light and compact. Received a pretty good review for star gazing. They are around $269.99 Canuck probably plus tax.

https://store.nikon.ca/nikon-products/p ... 10x42.html

Could be perfect for a stroll around Taloyoak.

I have been avoiding those grand Big Macs pretty successfully this season, despite the advertisements seemingly everywhere I look. Busters Pizza has been replaced by some similar chain out of Saskatchewan. Maybe I'm partially to blame, we never went back.
Corporal 2dimes

Postby jimboston on Thu Aug 18, 2022 12:40 pm

Lost 40lbs (15%) of my body weight since Christmas… I leveled off when summer came as my schedule has changed… but I haven’t gained anything back.

Once my kids are in school and my schedule normalizes I will make another push to lose another 15-20lbs.

In addition to losing 40Ibs I gained strength… so probably dropped 50Lbs of fat and gained 10lbs muscle.

Prior to the weight loss I was casually walking and “watching what I ate” but never dropped a lb.

What changed?
1) Strength Training with weights…. I used to be big into the gym (in my 20’s) and was in the 300lb+ benching category.
I can’t do that anymore… but after 6 months in the gym I’m stronger than I’ve been in 10+ years.
I stopped going around 30… so was out of the gym for 20 years!

You don’t need to live in the gym… 60mins there 3 times a week is good.

5-7 different exercises each day.

Get a trainer to show you a few exercises…. you don’t need a trainer every time… use him once or twice to get yourself kick started.

2) Serious cardio… walking is fine but you need to get your heart rate to 135bpm-150bpm 4-5 times a week for 15 to 30 minutes.
You can start out just 4-5 times a week for 5 minutes and work up to 15-30min. You need to get the heart rate up and work up a sweat.
If you enjoy it and don’t sweat it’s not cardio.

I hop on the elliptical for 20 mins…get my heart rate up… sweat…. then i will switch to treadmill and stroll for 20 more minutes.

3) Diet… not any specific diet.. but seriously commit to some change.

Don’t deny yourself McDonalds completely… but limit it and use it as a reward maybe once a week only if you workout.

My specific changes…
I dropped soda almost completely out of my diet and only have soda at the movies now. I had previously “given up soda” but had worked it back into my diet usually in the car. I drive a lot so was drinking a lot of soda. I now drink water instead.

I stopped snacking after dinner. I was snacking after dinner pretty much every night. I allow myself a couple nights… usually if I’m out with wife/friends playing cards or whatever.

Make two serious changes and commit to them for 3 months… you will feel it.
Private 1st Class jimboston

Postby 2dimes on Thu Aug 18, 2022 5:20 pm

Did you check out those binoculars?

I quit the arches for everything except an occasional sausage mcmuffin with egg, for about a decade once, didn't miss Big Macs.

My nemesis these days has become fried chicken. I'll be ok if I can limit it to a couple times a month.
Corporal 2dimes

Postby jimboston on Thu Aug 18, 2022 5:28 pm

changing your diet without adding exercise will accomplish little

changing both magnifies the changes

Postby jusplay4fun on Thu Aug 18, 2022 7:02 pm

jimboston wrote:changing your diet without adding exercise will accomplish little

I have to agree with jimB here.
JP4Fun

Postby jimboston on Thu Aug 18, 2022 7:47 pm

jusplay4fun wrote:
jimboston wrote:changing your diet without adding exercise will accomplish little

I have to agree with jimB here.

f*ck

I’m wrong.

JP4 agrees with me… so I must be wrong!

PreviousNext

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,