Conquer Club

the destrution of earth

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Postby tjm123 on Wed Jul 18, 2007 12:57 am

radaition kills you slowy anti matter kills you then. with out the whole painful radition death thing. chose one
New Recruit tjm123

Postby Neutrino on Wed Jul 18, 2007 1:00 am

tjm123 wrote:radaition kills you slowy anti matter kills you then. with out the whole painful radition death thing. chose one

That's only if you were too cheap to invest in some decent radiation shielding when you built your fusion engine. :lol:
We own all your helmets, we own all your shoes, we own all your generals. Touch us and you loooose...

The Rogue State!
Corporal Neutrino

Postby tjm123 on Wed Jul 18, 2007 1:02 am

then i would buy blast shields and a backup genater for my anti matter.
New Recruit tjm123

Postby Jehan on Wed Jul 18, 2007 1:04 am

Neutrino wrote:But what would be the point of firing a anti-matter missile against a crappy little ship?
There is essentially no likelyhood in the near future of developing anything better than Fusion engines.
The cost of the missile would probably outweigh that of the ship you are destroying!
It's not the most ecomomical way to make war.

QFT
people dont spend money for no reason, thats the way the world has always worked.
Sergeant Jehan

Postby tjm123 on Wed Jul 18, 2007 1:05 am

see ya gtg. great conversation. good argument but we may have staryed from the topic a bit
New Recruit tjm123

Postby Neutrino on Wed Jul 18, 2007 1:06 am

tjm123 wrote:then i would buy blast shields and a backup genater for my anti matter.

The backup generator might do you some good, but nothing short of a few solid kilometres of shielding is going to protect you from a matter - anti-matter explosion. :lol:
We own all your helmets, we own all your shoes, we own all your generals. Touch us and you loooose...

The Rogue State!
Corporal Neutrino

Postby frood on Wed Jul 18, 2007 1:10 am

There are already enough nukes on earth to effectively destroy the human race. So how would antimatter make use more powerful? We would be able to destroy everything with more efficiency. How exciting! :twisted:

Also I think this thread needs some smiley faces. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
I have an IQ of 195. Of course my answers are different!
Lieutenant frood

Postby Aegnor on Wed Jul 18, 2007 4:08 am

Well I think that anti-matter weapons could benefit mankind. I'm sure it's more capable of removing asteroid threats than fission weapons.
"War doesn't determine who's right, just who's left" -Anonymous
Corporal Aegnor

Postby Neutrino on Wed Jul 18, 2007 4:15 am

Aegnor wrote:Well I think that anti-matter weapons could benefit mankind. I'm sure it's more capable of removing asteroid threats than fission weapons.

True, but you'd still have the problem of smaller asteroid chunks, unless you used a lot of Anti-matter...

The Rogue State!
Corporal Neutrino

Postby Pico on Wed Jul 18, 2007 4:16 am

How about rocket launchers that fire chainsaws?
Corporal Pico

Postby Aegnor on Wed Jul 18, 2007 4:18 am

Neutrino wrote:
Aegnor wrote:Well I think that anti-matter weapons could benefit mankind. I'm sure it's more capable of removing asteroid threats than fission weapons.

True, but you'd still have the problem of smaller asteroid chunks, unless you used a lot of Anti-matter...

Hehe true. But who knows, some day we might find anti-matter in nature somewhere.
Corporal Aegnor

Postby Neutrino on Wed Jul 18, 2007 4:54 am

Aegnor wrote:
Neutrino wrote:

Hehe true. But who knows, some day we might find anti-matter in nature somewhere.

Hmmm, well it'll have to be somewhere with an extrordinarilary pure vacuum, because anti-matter tends to react explosively with normal matter...

The Rogue State!
Corporal Neutrino

Postby EvilPurpleMonkey on Wed Jul 18, 2007 5:00 am

I don't think the human race will die unless everything else in the universe is destroyed or rendered useless, in a big rip, big crunch or big freeze scenario. We're built to survive. In fact, even if all the nuclear weapons on Earth were detonated we would still survive (They aren't as powerful as you think.). There is no way to kill all humans except for taking away all our resources.
Private EvilPurpleMonkey

Postby Skittles! on Wed Jul 18, 2007 5:03 am

EvilPurpleMonkey wrote:I don't think the human race will die unless everything else in the universe is destroyed or rendered useless, in a big rip, big crunch or big freeze scenario. We're built to survive. In fact, even if all the nuclear weapons on Earth were detonated we would still survive (They aren't as powerful as you think.). There is no way to kill all humans except for taking away all our resources.

Which seems to be happening a lot recently over the past 100 years by the human race.
KraphtOne wrote:when you sign up a new account one of the check boxes should be "do you want to foe colton24 (it is highly recommended) "
Private Skittles!

Postby Neutrino on Wed Jul 18, 2007 5:11 am

EvilPurpleMonkey wrote:I don't think the human race will die unless everything else in the universe is destroyed or rendered useless, in a big rip, big crunch or big freeze scenario. We're built to survive. In fact, even if all the nuclear weapons on Earth were detonated we would still survive (They aren't as powerful as you think.). There is no way to kill all humans except for taking away all our resources.

If they were all detonated in one spot, then no-one would care much (except those living nearby :shock: ) but if it was a war situation and they were all detonated over various population centres, then the impact would be much worse.

Probably a majority of the population would die immidiatly and the rest either rendered sterile, killed slowly by radiation poisioning or produce offspring that bare little to no resemblance to the human norm.

Those that survive the radiation and such will probably die as the ecosystem goes kaput.

Even if some form of humanity does survive the nuclear winter, the present civilization has used up most of the accessable resources, so it will be unlikely they will ever reach the technalogical ehights of today.

The moral of the story?
Nuclear weapons are bad.

The Rogue State!
Corporal Neutrino

Postby Anarchy Ninja on Wed Jul 18, 2007 5:18 am

Neutrino wrote:

If they were all detonated in one spot, then no-one would care much (except those living nearby :shock: ) but if it was a war situation and they were all detonated over various population centres, then the impact would be much worse.

Probably a majority of the population would die immidiatly and the rest either rendered sterile, killed slowly by radiation poisioning or produce offspring that bare little to no resemblance to the human norm.

Those that survive the radiation and such will probably die as the ecosystem goes kaput.

Even if some form of humanity does survive the nuclear winter, the present civilization has used up most of the accessable resources, so it will be unlikely they will ever reach the technalogical ehights of today.

The moral of the story?
Nuclear weapons are bad.

I'm all for it as long as my irradiated mutant horrible offspring have some kind of amazing powers
Sergeant 1st Class Anarchy Ninja

Postby Dancing Mustard on Wed Jul 18, 2007 5:21 am

Pico wrote:How about rocket launchers that fire chainsaws?

Hell yeah! Rocket launchers that fired chainsaws made out of lazers would be the best thing in the world! EVAR!!!!!
Wayne wrote:Wow, with a voice like that Dancing Mustard must get all the babes!

Garth wrote:Yeah, I bet he's totally studly and buff.
Corporal Dancing Mustard

Postby Skittles! on Wed Jul 18, 2007 5:45 am

Anarchy Ninja wrote:
Neutrino wrote:

The moral of the story?
Nuclear weapons are bad.

I'm all for it as long as my irradiated mutant horrible offspring have some kind of amazing powers

Do you count 'amazing powers' as mangled limbs and mental unstability? :D
KraphtOne wrote:when you sign up a new account one of the check boxes should be "do you want to foe colton24 (it is highly recommended) "
Private Skittles!

Postby EvilPurpleMonkey on Wed Jul 18, 2007 6:56 am

Neutrino wrote:

The moral of the story?
Nuclear weapons are bad.
Of course we'd be in a horrible spot if all the nuclear weapons on earth were detonated. But we'd still survive. Let's take a step by step look at it, shall we?
1. All the nuclear weapons on earth are detonated. Everyone in the immediate area is vaporized. This would vaporize all the population that is nearby and destroy pretty much everything in the area, however there are shelters strong enough to withstand ground zero.
2. Fallout. This is the worst part. The fallout would kill almost everything it would come into contact with. But fallout shelters can be built. A 2 foot thick concrete wall or a 3 foot thick barrier of earth will absorb 99.9 % of all gamma rays from fallout. One could easily and quickly prepare such a shelter. Of course the outdoors will be crawling with gamma radiation. But after the initial fallout usually brought about by precipitation, it would be fairly safe to wander about outside. The amount of radiation you would take from being outside after the initial fallout would usually be less than the amount you would get from x rays. And radiation is not permanent.
3. Nuclear Winter. There is not much credible proof of your apocalyptic nuclear winter. The majority of the dust, ash, soot and whatnot causing it would be removed from the atmosphere by precipitation. The remainder would cause about 10 degrees of cooling for decades. We've survived conditions like that before. Also, a few more things you might like to know, The possibility of all the nuclear weapons being detonated is extremely unlikely. The USA and Russia together have approximately 5000-6000 nuclear weapons combined, the majority being small scale weapons. They will likely not be fired at locations that would ensure maximum casualties globally. They would probably not be fired at cities, instead being fired at important military locations. However, with the USA, that's a bit of a problem as the majority of these locations are in or near cities. Un/Luckily the paranoid Americans are prepared for such a thing with personal shelters. The Russians also have giant shelters designed to fit about 80% of the population of the major cities they are near. And the USA and Russia are the main targets for nuclear attacks and attacking. This would be a fairly accurate scenario. Also, the most powerful nuclear weapon had a blast radius of 2 kilometers I believe. Oh, and I think nuclear weapons are bad too. Too much collateral damage and long term effects. Bad for the environment and a waste of time as weapons. You were mostly right, you just exaggerated the effects. Like I said, they aren't as powerful as you think.
Private EvilPurpleMonkey

Postby Anarchy Ninja on Wed Jul 18, 2007 6:56 am

Skittles! wrote:
Anarchy Ninja wrote:
Neutrino wrote:

The moral of the story?
Nuclear weapons are bad.

Do you count 'amazing powers' as mangled limbs and mental unstability? :D

Depends how functional these extra and mangaled limbs are, an extra set of arms would be sweet and if by mental instability you mean mind powers then yes
Sergeant 1st Class Anarchy Ninja

Postby Pico on Wed Jul 18, 2007 6:58 am

So it would be like the Fallout series of games?
"The Ability for quotation, is the absence of original thought."
Corporal Pico

Postby Guiscard on Wed Jul 18, 2007 6:59 am

I imagine the world will end with an enormous explosion in re-posts... This will send the interweb haywire and probably robots will be involved...
qwert wrote:Can i ask you something?What is porpose for you to open these Political topic in ConquerClub? Why you mix politic with Risk? Why you not open topic like HOT AND SEXY,or something like that.
Private 1st Class Guiscard

Postby Aegnor on Wed Jul 18, 2007 7:03 am

You can never know when the intergalactic highway will intersect with earth's orbit.
Corporal Aegnor

Postby Pico on Wed Jul 18, 2007 7:16 am

Check out a short story called "When Sysadmins Ruled The Earth" by Cory Doctorow. Its in a book of his shorts called "Overclocked"

Pretty interesting.
"The Ability for quotation, is the absence of original thought."
Corporal Pico

Postby Jehan on Wed Jul 18, 2007 8:46 am

Neutrino wrote:
Aegnor wrote:
Neutrino wrote:

Hmmm, well it'll have to be somewhere with an extrordinarilary pure vacuum, because anti-matter tends to react explosively with normal matter...

man who wants to discuss why the heck the universe in our particular region is the way it is, cos i really do, why did the anti matter and matter develop in the way that it did, i mean there's so much matter around here, and so little antimatter, what's the deal??
Sergeant Jehan

PreviousNext

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,