Conquer Club

Anybody else finished the last Harry Potter yet?

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Postby freezie on Wed Aug 01, 2007 9:05 am

Arbustos wrote:He didn't die from Expelliarmus... he died because his killing curse rebounded off of Harry and back at him. It's explained in that anti-climactic speech, you know. The Elder Wand can't hurt its current master, which Harry was. Expelliarmus merely caused the wand to fly out of Voldemort's hand and back to Mr. Potter.
:roll:

And if you didn't notice, almost everyone dies by falling over, because unless you're already lying down, that's kinda how you go. :wink:

QFT

And that's how avada Kedavra kills...People just falls over.

I finished it, and found it fantastic. Many surprises in it..

SpoilerAnd Harry Never died for those who actually understood it.Spoiler
Corporal 1st Class freezie

Postby dustn64 on Wed Aug 01, 2007 9:08 am

What was the thing crying when harry "died"? I don't remember it saying.
Sergeant 1st Class dustn64

Postby freezie on Wed Aug 01, 2007 9:10 am

dustn64 wrote:What was the thing crying when harry "died"? I don't remember it saying.

SpoilerA part of Voldemort's soul...duh..Spoiler
Corporal 1st Class freezie

Postby dustn64 on Wed Aug 01, 2007 9:19 am

freezie wrote:
dustn64 wrote:What was the thing crying when harry "died"? I don't remember it saying.

#-o

Postby strike wolf on Thu Aug 02, 2007 12:28 am

Arbustos wrote:But mass explosions are so cliche. And was it really worse than Senor and Senora Werewolf's deaths? *That* sucked.

Maybe but it still bit dramatic. Yeah I hated the fact that they killed two characters so close to Harry and we didn't get to see their deaths. ALso, in hind-sight I shouldn't have said that Harry's "chat" with Voldemort was unnecessary, I should have said it didn't need to be that long.

Still, they should have at least had some epic duel between Voldemort and Harry, not just that short little thing that they did.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Strike wolf need brain for smart making.
Cadet strike wolf

Postby dustn64 on Thu Aug 02, 2007 12:39 am

strike wolf wrote:
Arbustos wrote:But mass explosions are so cliche. And was it really worse than Senor and Senora Werewolf's deaths? *That* sucked.

Maybe but it still bit dramatic. Yeah I hated the fact that they killed two characters so close to Harry and we didn't get to see their deaths. ALso, in hind-sight I shouldn't have said that Harry's "chat" with Voldemort was unnecessary, I should have said it didn't need to be that long.

Still, they should have at least had some epic duel between Voldemort and Harry, not just that short little thing that they did.

But If they made it long it would only prove that harry potter sucked ass at everything. because all of voldemorts spells wouldn't work and harry either would go blind or just keep missing.

Postby strike wolf on Thu Aug 02, 2007 12:41 am

I'm getting tired of arguing this so I'm just going to end it with a very simple opinion:

ANYTHING WOULD HAVE BEEN BETTER THAN THE WAY SHE ENDED IT!!!
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Cadet strike wolf

Postby Titanic on Thu Aug 02, 2007 10:46 am

strike wolf wrote:I'm getting tired of arguing this so I'm just going to end it with a very simple opinion:

But if they had a long duel, it would have made the thing with the Eldar Wand not true. If they duelled Voldemort would have got a direct shot fairly quickly, the Elder Wand would have had to protect Harry. All she could have added was a couple of spells which missed, which by the way would have hit hit someone behind Harry killing some more people off (as Voldermort was only going to do Avada Kedavra).

Freezie, thanks for that, I never worked that out...
Major Titanic

Postby strike wolf on Mon Aug 06, 2007 8:51 am

Titanic wrote:
strike wolf wrote:I'm getting tired of arguing this so I'm just going to end it with a very simple opinion:

But if they had a long duel, it would have made the thing with the Eldar Wand not true. If they duelled Voldemort would have got a direct shot fairly quickly, the Elder Wand would have had to protect Harry. All she could have added was a couple of spells which missed, which by the way would have hit hit someone behind Harry killing some more people off (as Voldermort was only going to do Avada Kedavra).

Freezie, thanks for that, I never worked that out...

Actually that's not true because like his mother, Harry willingly went to sacrifice himself to protect everyone else. So if Voldemort hit someone else with Avada Kedavra (other than a death eater) it would have rebounded against Voldemort.

Cadet strike wolf

Postby GolemGhoul on Mon Aug 06, 2007 9:10 am

well. . . when I was reading the 6th book I found myself saying 'man I wish I was reading harry potter fanfiction.' I swear to god, when the authors shit starts sounding worse than FANFICTION, there is a problem. So I did what any sensible person should have done: read it on wikipedia :D

Read the Pendragon series by DJ MacHale. Its a lot more rewarding.
Gravity is only an excuse for the people who never learned how to fly.
Private GolemGhoul

Postby Coleman on Mon Aug 06, 2007 9:25 am

freezie wrote:

Coleman quoting this to really hide the spoiler text wrote:This is dumb but Spoilerfor people that don't get it, the wand voldermort used can't kill Harry because it is Harry's wand. It instead killed the horcrux part of Harry, while Harry just had a near death experienceend spoiler.
Warning: You may be reading a really old topic.
Sergeant Coleman

Postby Sh4wz0r on Mon Aug 06, 2007 1:03 pm

I thought it was the best book of the series. The last hundred pages were just awesome, except the 19 years later bit was a little cheesy.
Lieutenant Sh4wz0r

Postby 0ojakeo0 on Mon Aug 06, 2007 1:10 pm

the pendragon erie i better dan dis
hecter wrote:Hey... If your donkey eats my roosters feet, that means I have two feet of my cock in your ass.
Corporal 1st Class 0ojakeo0

Postby misterman10 on Mon Aug 06, 2007 1:13 pm

0ojakeo0 wrote:the pendragon erie i better dan dis

fix your dam keyboard
Pleasant Chaps still suck cock.

Yakuza power.
Major misterman10

Postby GolemGhoul on Mon Aug 06, 2007 1:15 pm

misterman10 wrote:
0ojakeo0 wrote:the pendragon erie i better dan dis

fix your dam keyboard

I agree to both statements! >O
Gravity is only an excuse for the people who never learned how to fly.
Private GolemGhoul

Previous

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,