Conquer Club

Money making Schemes

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Money making Schemes

Postby wacicha on Fri Jul 27, 2007 6:39 pm

Making Money Ideas That did not work

Does this seem the norm to you. You try all the new ideas, the get rich schemes and they did not work. The question though is why did they not work.

* Was it a scam and why do you think it was a scam
* Was it too time consuming
* Was it advertised as easy, then when you recieved the info it was in some techno babble
* Did you find that instead of making money you kept spending money.
* Did you find that it did not work for the part of the world you were in
* Did laws change affecting your new industry just after you joined

I am here to say That all of these things happened to me, and maybe happened to you.

So post what it is you tried and why do you believe it did not work
Major wacicha

Postby wicked on Fri Jul 27, 2007 6:52 pm

I got a job and that worked. I go 5 days a week mostly and get a paycheck every two weeks. It's pretty easy and exactly as advertised, although it is a bit time consuming. 8)
Major wicked

Postby wacicha on Fri Jul 27, 2007 7:01 pm

now that was not a scheme lol that was well thought out plan.

And it is true I think that Women fall less for these schemes then the male population. I wonder why that is!!!
Major wacicha

Postby Ronaldinho on Fri Jul 27, 2007 7:50 pm

Steal from the rich and give to the poor. Im going to steal becuase im poor. Thats a pretty good scheme.
Sergeant Ronaldinho

Postby HorusKol on Fri Jul 27, 2007 10:00 pm

wacicha wrote:now that was not a scheme lol that was well thought out plan.

And it is true I think that Women fall less for these schemes then the male population. I wonder why that is!!!

I don't know - but I know that as soon as something has a "sale" tag on it, no woman can resist purchasing the item - even if they don't need it or have half-a-dozen of the damned things already!

I think the proliferation of get rich schemes, and the growing number of people falling for them, is a sad sign of our times where most people expect something for nothing...
50-60 years ago - just after the second world war - people had to work damned hard to rebuild the countries (mostly in Europe and Asia) and their economies (not just because of the war, but because of the preceding depression)... made all the harder by rationing, which for many items was in effect for upto 20 years after the war was over.

nowadays, in the west, we have grown soft, and have expectations of income and comfort... and will try any harebrained scheme to get there... oh, and complain when people from another country come in and work longer hours for less pay than we want to because we've become accustomed to a minimum wage and a 40 hour week...
Cook HorusKol

Postby hecter on Fri Jul 27, 2007 10:54 pm

I'm sure Joe Beevers would have plenty of his successful and cunning schemes to add to this thread...
In heaven... Everything is fine, in heaven... Everything is fine, in heaven... Everything is fine... You got your things, and I've got mine.
Private 1st Class hecter

Postby misterman10 on Fri Jul 27, 2007 10:55 pm

hecter wrote:I'm sure Joe Beevers would have plenty of his successful and cunning schemes to add to this thread...

too bad joebeevers will leave this site once he opens my pm that gives him the link to my flaming of him :twisted:
Pleasant Chaps still suck cock.

Yakuza power.
Major misterman10

Postby Phobia on Sat Jul 28, 2007 5:01 am

I hear becoming a powerseller on ebay is a great money making scheme, I'd like to try that someday.
Sergeant 1st Class Phobia

Postby Norse on Sat Jul 28, 2007 5:16 am

I actually think that if anyone falls for these schemes, then the deserve to lose the money they put in...

So many people have this delusional aspect to their personality, where they only see and hear what they want to see and hear....

MAKE MONEY FAST!!

I don't think that it is neccassarily a naive characteristic, but more of a self-imposed ignorance.

Why did you not just think to yourself "hang on, how am I actually going to make money out of this?"
b.k. barunt wrote:Snorri's like one of those fufu dogs who get all excited and dance around pissing on themself.

suggs wrote:scared off by all the pervs and wankers already? No? Then let me introduce myself, I'm Mr Pervy Wank.
Corporal 1st Class Norse

Postby Phobia on Sat Jul 28, 2007 5:44 am

Norse wrote: "hang on, how am I actually going to make money out of this?"

They see the big red words and think money will pour out of them.

Postby Phobia on Sat Jul 28, 2007 6:36 am

In all seriousness, I have a suggestion -

If you ever want to dropship/wholesale, you have to put a lot of effort and time into research to succeed. First of all, probably 90% of dropshipping and wholesalers websites are fake, and only there to steal money. Legit sites are probably expensive or not open to the public. Second, you have to do market research into products you can sell. You can't rely on one product and let money roll in, won't work. You have to sell by adapting to market change.

If you are clueless about dropshipping, this is basically it -
Drop shipment or drop shipping is a type of retailing where the retailer does not keep goods in stock, but instead passes the customer's order and shipment details to the wholesaler, who then dispatches the goods to the customer directly. The retailer makes their profit on the difference between the wholesale and retail price.

In any money making scheme, it takes lots of time and effort.

Btw, wacicha, I want to post in your blog in your siggy, but there is no way of doing so :?

Postby Norse on Sat Jul 28, 2007 6:57 am

This isn't a scheme as such, but it is something that I heard on the radio.

It's a soloution for home-owners who have ran into financial difficulties.

What happens is:

You sell your house to these guys
They rent it back to you
You can buy it back in 3 years at a fixed rate

Sounds like a great idea! They will be able to be back on their feet in 3 years time having sorted their debt issues!

Hmmm, I really wouldn't trust the financial decisions of a person who has already gotten themselves into this debt in the first place..

Example

Bob and karen inherit a property worth £150,000
They jointly owe £50,000 on credit cards/store cards/bank loans
They sell house to company for £150,000, and also pay flat rate of rent of £800 per month for the 3 year term.
They clear all existing debt.

Right..

150,000 - 50,000 - 3x(12x800) = 70,000

Now, Bob and karen, in this 3 year period are going to have to save up £80,000 to buy back this property.

80K is a hell of alot to save up in 3 years, and one would think that if theywere earning enough money to do this, then they probably wouldnt be in this debt in the first place.

Outcome...They end up losing their house and renting it.

Company acquires not only property, but also long-term tennants as well. Very very clever. Taking advantage of people with financial hardships.

Here's the link to the said company...they aren't very specific about the 'fixed prices' and the 'buy-back' procedure.
http://www.litchfields-property.co.uk/
b.k. barunt wrote:Snorri's like one of those fufu dogs who get all excited and dance around pissing on themself.

suggs wrote:scared off by all the pervs and wankers already? No? Then let me introduce myself, I'm Mr Pervy Wank.
Corporal 1st Class Norse

Postby HorusKol on Sat Jul 28, 2007 7:05 am

Norse wrote:This isn't a scheme as such, but it is something that I heard on the radio.

It's a soloution for home-owners who have ran into financial difficulties.

What happens is:

You sell your house to these guys
They rent it back to you
You can buy it back in 3 years at a fixed rate

Sounds like a great idea! They will be able to be back on their feet in 3 years time having sorted their debt issues!

Hmmm, I really wouldn't trust the financial decisions of a person who has already gotten themselves into this debt in the first place..

Example

Bob and karen inherit a property worth £150,000
They jointly owe £50,000 on credit cards/store cards/bank loans
They sell house to company for £150,000, and also pay flat rate of rent of £800 per month for the 3 year term.
They clear all existing debt.

Right..

150,000 - 50,000 - 3x(12x800) = 70,000

Now, Bob and karen, in this 3 year period are going to have to save up £80,000 to buy back this property.

80K is a hell of alot to save up in 3 years, and one would think that if theywere earning enough money to do this, then they probably wouldnt be in this debt in the first place.

Outcome...They end up losing their house and renting it.

Company acquires not only property, but also long-term tennants as well. Very very clever. Taking advantage of people with financial hardships.

Here's the link to the said company...they aren't very specific about the 'fixed prices' and the 'buy-back' procedure.

why do they need to save 80k?

the repayments on a 25 year mortgage for 80k are a helluva lot less than the repayments on a 25 year mortgage for 150k - so, those guys who inherited the property are onto a winner...
Cook HorusKol

Postby Norse on Sat Jul 28, 2007 7:18 am

HorusKol wrote:why do they need to save 80k?

Because (assuming a fixed buy back price)

capital in bank(that I calculated) = 70K
House price (as assumed) = 150K

150-70 = 80k short of house price
HorusKol wrote:the repayments on a 25 year mortgage for 80k are a helluva lot less than the repayments on a 25 year mortgage for 150k - so, those guys who inherited the property are onto a winner...

The point was that they initially outright owned the house, and are now paying 10k a year in order to live in the house (well 9.6 K...ie 800x 12)

Corporal 1st Class Norse

Postby Stopper on Sat Jul 28, 2007 7:45 am

Norse wrote:Here's the link to the said company...they aren't very specific about the 'fixed prices' and the 'buy-back' procedure.

Hmmm...Interesting. There might be one way of making money out of this. You don't happen to know if this company is a listed plc, with publicly available shares, do you...?
Lieutenant Stopper

Postby DiM on Sat Jul 28, 2007 8:02 am

after the revolution in my country almost 18 years ago a lot of pyramid get rich fast games appeared.
games where 90% lose and 10% win.

how does this work?

i promise everybody who joins 5 times their money after a 3 months period.

in the first month i have 5 people that each give me 1$. in the second month word spread and 15 more people give me 1$ each. in the third month 50 people give me 1$ each. at the end of the first 3 months i have 50+15+5 = 70$. it's time i pay each of the first 5 participants their share. that's 5*5$=25$. i still have a 45$ left. word breaks out that the first participants got their promised share. people go crazy and 100 more people pay me 1$ each. at the end of month 4. i have 145$. i pay 75$ to the guys registered in month 2. and remain with 70$. people get even more exited. it's the second month in a row where people have their promised money. the go wild and 1000 people give me 1$ each. i take the money and declare bankruptcy. i go to jail for 2 years. get out after 6 months for good behaviour. i leave the country and take the money from my swiss bank account.
lots of people hate me, some love me and i'm rich.

the key to these games is to be the first to join. for sure you'll win.
the key for the organizer is to know when the hype has reached a max and when the number of joining people has reached it's peak. then it's time to go bankrupt.
“In the beginning God said, the four-dimensional divergence of an antisymmetric, second rank tensor equals zero, and there was light, and it was good. And on the seventh day he rested.”- Michio Kaku
Major DiM

Postby Norse on Sat Jul 28, 2007 9:13 am

Stopper wrote:
Norse wrote:Here's the link to the said company...they aren't very specific about the 'fixed prices' and the 'buy-back' procedure.

Hmmm...Interesting. There might be one way of making money out of this. You don't happen to know if this company is a listed plc, with publicly available shares, do you...?

I would be worried about investing in a company like this.

Corporal 1st Class Norse

Postby Norse on Sat Jul 28, 2007 9:17 am

DiM wrote:after the revolution in my country almost 18 years ago a lot of pyramid get rich fast games appeared.

Ahh, but there are really sly ways of these operating too.

For example, I set up the pyramid, and also make 30 phoney names up, thus creating the first and second layer of the pyramid out of false identities, and creaming all profits for the first and second layers as well as my own.

Corporal 1st Class Norse

Postby DiM on Sat Jul 28, 2007 9:56 am

Norse wrote:
DiM wrote:after the revolution in my country almost 18 years ago a lot of pyramid get rich fast games appeared.

Ahh, but there are really sly ways of these operating too.

For example, I set up the pyramid, and also make 30 phoney names up, thus creating the first and second layer of the pyramid out of false identities, and creaming all profits for the first and second layers as well as my own.

actually this won't work. being greedy gets you nowhere.

let's say you put phony names on the list. how are those phony names gonna spread the word that the game is for real and that real money come from it?

i guess you can put your best friends and relatives on the list but that does not work because as soon as one of them tries to say it's for real people will find out he's your buddy and won't trust him.

paying somebody to lie and say it's for real also does not work. if that guy is willing to be bought to tell a lie than for sure he's willing to accept bribe and tell the truth.

the best way is with random strangers. as soon as word goes out that the first people got their money the rest of the people go crazy and invest like idiots. i've seen people that sold their houses or cars to invest even more money.

i've seen people that were on the lucky first and after they received their money they sold everything they had and even borrowed and invested again.

the best known game of this type in my country was Caritas. you were promised 8 times your money after 3 months.

millions of people invested over 1 Billion $ and after 3 years the game organizer declared bankruptcy with a debt of over 450 million $.

sentenced to 7 years in jail he appealed and had his punishment reduced to 2 years and was released after just 1 and a half. now he's free and rich.

of course he had to bribe lots of people. many judges senators and many important people played and won in that game.

giving hundreds of millions of dollars to important people will ensure your success in any country and that still leaves you with a pretty decent lump of money. enough to spend the rest of your life with no worries.
“In the beginning God said, the four-dimensional divergence of an antisymmetric, second rank tensor equals zero, and there was light, and it was good. And on the seventh day he rested.”- Michio Kaku
Major DiM

Postby wacicha on Sat Jul 28, 2007 1:45 pm

Email me at JP@wacicha.com with your Screen Name email address and password I will register you------ nevermind

Ok I think I have fixed it Phopia you should be able to register and post. You of course I trust. But there are a couple of you (lol) that shoud never have been allowed to post anywhere ---
Major wacicha

Postby gimil on Sun Jul 29, 2007 8:56 am

Best way to make money.

Go to your local bank, get a loan for 250K pounds. Contacts McDonalds and purchase a franchise from them. They'll give you a store. They carry out there own market research, set all your prices. All you do if run your little store, pay McD's royalties and use your profit to pay of your loan. Now your loan is paid off what do you do? take out another loan start another franchise. Now you have the profit of two stores to pay of your loan back quicker. As the the years progress you continues this process suddenly you have 5 stores. At any time you can go to McD's and give them back theses stores and they will give you back the initial 250k you payed for the store.

5*250k=1,250,000 pound

suddenly you have over a million pound in your bank account. That bank account can make 12,500 a month on 1% interest. Interest you can live on without working for the rest of your life (or at least i could)
What do you know about map making, bitch?

natty_dread wrote:I was wrong

Top Score:2403
Corporal 1st Class gimil

Postby unriggable on Sun Jul 29, 2007 9:08 am

Here's one: Ask people to donate money to the Chicago All Saints Hospital (tell them to write the initials to save space). Free money right there.
Cook unriggable

Postby wacicha on Sun Jul 29, 2007 3:48 pm

lol saw that one on the beverly hillbilly's show
Major wacicha

Postby The1exile on Sun Jul 29, 2007 3:56 pm

gimil wrote:suddenly you have over a million pound in your bank account. That bank account can make 12,500 a month on 1% interest. Interest you can live on without working for the rest of your life (or at least i could)

Your math is out. 1% interest is per annum, not monthly, so what you mentioned is 12% interest - and if you have that, then I suggest you get a good credit rating, take out a loan for like 8% interest, stick it in the 12% bank account, and you're making 4% FOC.

What you want instead is a 4% p.a. bank account (much easier to get that 12% p.a. :P) with the million (just pay back the loan with the cash back from the fifth) and you're making 50K a year free.

But getting profit out of mcdonalds is not as easy - or at least not as quick - as you make it sound.
Lieutenant The1exile

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,