Conquer Club

Core FTP LE - need techno geek help

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Core FTP LE - need techno geek help

Postby wacicha on Tue Jul 31, 2007 1:11 am

I have downloaded a FTP called core ftp lite. I need it to upload a couple of new site themes and a google site map. I have researched on line and there are a few places that give step by step help.. well first off the picture they give of the ftp the same ftp is backwards looking than mine and they say create a new directory to upload my files to the wp program but not haw to make the directory, or how to upload it(them) need help!!!

can one of you techno geeks help
Major wacicha

Postby wacicha on Wed Aug 01, 2007 7:52 am

Wow with all the tech's that i talk to on this site thought I'd get at least 1 response
Major wacicha

Postby Bertros Bertros on Wed Aug 01, 2007 7:59 am

Your question is a bit general and a bit specific at the same time. I FTP stuff daily using SmartFTP. Its good. I'm not sure how I can help you with creating folders and stuff, try right-clicking maybe...

Anyway I can clear some stuff up for you which may enable you to explain your problem better. FTP stands for File Transfer Protocol. There is no such thing a "a FTP" it is a method of transferring data, that is all. You can use an FTP Client (e.g. Core FTP or SmartFTP etc) to transfer files from one location (computer) to another using the FTP protocol.

Nearly all FTP clients will have the common feature of seeing two sets of folder/file trees. One locally on your machine and the remote set on the server you are connected to. You should be able to create folders etc on the server using the folder tree for that machine, and transfer the files using drag and drop usually.

Hope it helps you anyway.
Lieutenant Bertros Bertros

Postby wacicha on Wed Aug 01, 2007 9:28 am

yes, the one I have dpwnloaded is called core ftp lite, it came highly recomended to use with a online program called word press. word press has website themes (like skins) to change the appearance of your website.

I have read the instructions from that and a few other places. They assume that you know how tp make a directory in the ftp. and how to upload the file.

since I do not know how to do this. I can not change the appearance of my site.

well, I guess i will keep reading, maybe it will make some sense soon.
Major wacicha

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,