Conquer Club

Can we all agree on this at least?

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Does France suck?

Total votes : 0

Postby Kaplowitz on Sun Aug 05, 2007 12:17 pm

French people hate Americans...so why should i love French people?
Private 1st Class Kaplowitz

Postby heavycola on Sun Aug 05, 2007 12:30 pm

Kaplowitz wrote:French people hate Americans...so why should i love French people?

This thread has a higher concentration of idiocy than usual.

Why don't you love them for their blue and white stripey jumpers, their bicycles hung with onions and the way they go 'haw hee haw'?
Alternatively, grab a bag of good ol' freedom fries, sit down by the radio and allow yourself to be spoonfed some more brainless bullshit.
Corporal 1st Class heavycola

Postby MeDeFe on Sun Aug 05, 2007 12:33 pm

heavycola wrote:This thread has a higher concentration of idiocy than usual.

QFT, can we just lock 'er down?
Major MeDeFe

Location: Follow the trail of holes in other people's arguments.

Postby Kaplowitz on Sun Aug 05, 2007 12:38 pm

heavycola wrote:Alternatively, grab a bag of good ol' freedom fries, sit down by the radio and allow yourself to be spoonfed some more brainless bullshit.

what would i do withouth brainless bullshit? :D

Postby Guiscard on Sun Aug 05, 2007 4:50 pm

static_ice wrote:
Guiscard wrote:
static_ice wrote:
I GOT SERVED wrote:The only thing that I can think of that's bad with the French is that they have a history of being wussies.

yeah, I think they only won 2 wars in history, and in one of them they were led by a teenage girl

The French have had a pretty successful military history.

Here's one you might have heard about... Napoleon? Conquered most of Europe.

The Franks were the mainstay of the crusades, which took and held a large swathe of the Levant in the face of almost constant assault for decades.

They won the Hundred Years War eventually...

France was a military Juggernaut during the Ancien Regime, probably the dominant power in the 18th century.

And lets not forget the French had an extensive empire including much of modern day USA!

yeah... all I said was that they won 2 wars... and you mentioned 2 wars (if you count napoleon's conquest as a war, if not then fine they only won a single war)

EDIT: err maybe the crusades too... :lol:

I'd read up on French military history... lots of wars, lots of victories... For one, the Ancien Regime period encompasses many wars. Obviously Napoleon's conquest is a war. The colonial period also encompasses many wars and victories.
qwert wrote:Can i ask you something?What is porpose for you to open these Political topic in ConquerClub? Why you mix politic with Risk? Why you not open topic like HOT AND SEXY,or something like that.
Private 1st Class Guiscard

Postby luns101 on Sun Aug 05, 2007 5:06 pm

heavycola wrote:This thread has a higher concentration of idiocy than usual.

You can say that again! #-o

heavycola wrote:Why don't you love them for their blue and white stripey jumpers, their bicycles hung with onions and the way they go 'haw hee haw'?

...you forgot their ability to solve crime:

Major luns101

Postby Jenos Ridan on Mon Aug 06, 2007 3:47 am

muy_thaiguy wrote:
EvilPurpleMonkey wrote:You know, The US army isn't as great as you guys make it out to be. Let's look at all the wars you've been in, excluding the civil war and world wars, as it was almost everyone against Germany, Italy, and Japan.

War of 1812-Loss (Anyone who says they won is a bullshitter, you failed your objective, you won nothing from it.)
Mexican-American War-Win
Spanish-American War-Win
Philipine-American War-Controversial Win
Korean War-Ceasefire (Still active)
Vietnam War-Loss
Bay of Pigs-Loss
The Alamo-Loss
Gulf War-Win
Iraq War-Losing

That is 4 wins and 4/5 losses. You guys aren't that great.

1. Brits started war of 1812, we beat them and wiped out their entire high command at the Battle of New Orleans
2. The Alamo was a battle in this war, not a seperate war.
3. We came in to help South Korea, we restored the border and protect them, we won that one.
4. Bay of Pigs was not a war
5. Already said it, by the way, when the Mexican Army attacked and finally over ran it, they had lost about half of their entire army.
6. agreed
7. The war was over long ago, if you look at recent reports, the troops are actually working with some regional leaders and wiping out the terrorists even faster then before. The reason why we are still there is so that the new government can get stronger.

The Brits did start it, but the High Command was in Britain so.....

The Alamo was less than two hundred men holding off about 4000 for a week. Not even regular army but undisiplined citizens militia.

Vietnam we had one hand tied behind our backs and didn't go after the north like we should have.

Iraq? Both times the 'war' was over inside of a week. The current policing is nothing, what, six to ten guys on the news per month? Versus 400 muders in the city of New York? Hmmmm.............

I'd say the US is the best. Figures, since we are Rome 2.0
"There is only one road to peace, and that is to conquer"-Hunter Clark

"Give a man a fire and he will be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life"- Something Hunter would say
Private Jenos Ridan

Postby Neutrino on Mon Aug 06, 2007 4:04 am

Jenos Ridan wrote:

Yep. With social structures similar unfairness, the same stupid, expantionist attitude and roughly the same likelyhood of taking the majority of civilization with you when you collapse due to your own decadence, I can certainly see the similarities. :lol:
We own all your helmets, we own all your shoes, we own all your generals. Touch us and you loooose...

The Rogue State!
Corporal Neutrino

Postby Skittles! on Mon Aug 06, 2007 4:05 am

Neutrino wrote:
Jenos Ridan wrote:I'd say the US is the best. Figures, since we are Rome 2.0

Yep. With social structures similar unfairness, the same stupid, expantionist attitude and roughly the same likelyhood of taking the majority of civilization with you when you collapse due to your own decadence, I can certainly see the similarities. :lol:

:lol: :lol: Fantastic similarities.
KraphtOne wrote:when you sign up a new account one of the check boxes should be "do you want to foe colton24 (it is highly recommended) "
Private Skittles!

Postby muy_thaiguy on Mon Aug 06, 2007 9:28 am

Jenos Ridan wrote:
muy_thaiguy wrote:
EvilPurpleMonkey wrote:You know, The US army isn't as great as you guys make it out to be. Let's look at all the wars you've been in, excluding the civil war and world wars, as it was almost everyone against Germany, Italy, and Japan.

War of 1812-Loss (Anyone who says they won is a bullshitter, you failed your objective, you won nothing from it.)
Mexican-American War-Win
Spanish-American War-Win
Vietnam War-Loss
Bay of Pigs-Loss
The Alamo-Loss
Gulf War-Win
Iraq War-Losing

1. Brits started war of 1812, we beat them and wiped out their entire high command at the Battle of New Orleans
3. We came in to help South Korea, we restored the border and protect them, we won that one.
5. Already said it, by the way, when the Mexican Army attacked and finally over ran it, they had lost about half of their entire army.
6. agreed
7. The war was over long ago, if you look at recent reports, the troops are actually working with some regional leaders and wiping out the terrorists even faster then before. The reason why we are still there is so that the new government can get stronger.

The Alamo was less than two hundred men holding off about 4000 for a week. Not even regular army but undisiplined citizens militia.

Vietnam we had one hand tied behind our backs and didn't go after the north like we should have.

Iraq? Both times the 'war' was over inside of a week. The current policing is nothing, what, six to ten guys on the news per month? Versus 400 muders in the city of New York? Hmmmm.............

By High command I meant their Generals this side of the Atlantic.

Alamo had around 180 men against 3000 Mexican regulars, all sharpshooters and volunteers (Alamo defenders that is) that most weren't even from Texas, like Davy Crockett. (Though my point was it wasn't a seperate war, just a battle in a war.)
"Eh, whatever."
-Anonymous

What, you expected something deep or flashy?
Private 1st Class muy_thaiguy

Postby Kaplowitz on Mon Aug 06, 2007 9:33 am

muy_thaiguy wrote:
Jenos Ridan wrote:
muy_thaiguy wrote:

Mexican-American War-Win
Spanish-American War-Win
Vietnam War-Loss
Bay of Pigs-Loss
The Alamo-Loss
Gulf War-Win
Iraq War-Losing

6. agreed

Alamo had around 180 men against 3000 Mexican regulars, all sharpshooters and volunteers (Alamo defenders that is) that most weren't even from Texas, like Davy Crockett. (Though my point was it wasn't a seperate war, just a battle in a war.)

evilpurplemonkey was implying that Mexico is better than the US.

Postby vtmarik on Mon Aug 06, 2007 10:52 am

The current war isn't over. The military is still deployed in a occupational form, if the war was over then the only people over there would be a few training divisions getting the Iraqis up to snuff.
Initiate discovery! Fire the Machines! Throw the switch Igor! THROW THE F***ING SWITCH!
Cadet vtmarik

Postby EvilPurpleMonkey on Mon Aug 06, 2007 5:44 pm

Kaplowitz wrote:
muy_thaiguy wrote:
Jenos Ridan wrote:
muy_thaiguy wrote:

Mexican-American War-Win
Spanish-American War-Win
Vietnam War-Loss
Bay of Pigs-Loss
The Alamo-Loss
Gulf War-Win
Iraq War-Losing

6. agreed

f*ck this is a lot to reply to. First of all, YOU LOST THE WAR OF 1812! You won the Battle of Orleans, not the war. Also, the Battle of Orleans didn't win the war, peace was already declared before it, it in no way affected the end of the war. But seeing as you decided to go farhter into it, lets take a look at all the battles. Also, the war was started because you were trading with Britians enemys. Not exactly a battle, but the first part of the invasion, a scratch force landed at Mackinac Island were they immediately surrendered to the forces there. You surrendered Fort Detroit without a fight. You were beaten at Queenston Heights. You won the siege to fort Meigs, but we slaughtered your reinforcements. You won the battle for Lake Erie, and then the Battle of Thames. You burned down Toronto. You captured Fort George. We beat you at the battle of Stoney Creek and Beaver Dams, whch stopped the US offensive in Upper Canada. You burned Newark, so we burned Buffalo. You stopped us at Sacketts harbour. Then with the HMS St. Lawrence we had full control of Lake Ontario. Most of the war is like this, so I'm not going to dwell on it much longer, but here are a few things you should know. We had a smaller force than you except our navy, and we had fewer deaths than the US. No one really won this war. Canada defended itself, and for the US you just came even. Sorry, I didn't know that the Alamo wasn't a war. You did restore the border and bring peace, however the war is still active. There was a armistice that was still active to this day. Every once in a while, North Korea will send a few people in their to assassinate someone. And it was 21 country's against three in that war, how could you not win. The Bay of Pigs was the beginning of a war, it was an invasion, and it utterly failed. The Iraq war is definitely not over. You are still sending troops over there, and there are more terrorists now then ever. I suppose in a way it is over, in that your not fighting a country anymore, but there are still many enemy combatants, increasing every day. And of course Mexico is better than the US, but America is starting to catch up.
Private EvilPurpleMonkey

Postby sam_levi_11 on Mon Aug 06, 2007 5:46 pm

EvilPurpleMonkey wrote:
Kaplowitz wrote:
muy_thaiguy wrote:
Jenos Ridan wrote:
muy_thaiguy wrote:

War of 1812-Loss (Anyone who says they won is a ter, you failed your objective, you won nothing from it.)
Mexican-American War-Win
Spanish-American War-Win
Vietnam War-Loss
Bay of Pigs-Loss
The Alamo-Loss
Gulf War-Win
Iraq War-Losing

6. agreed
7. The war was over long ago, if you look at recent reports, the troops are actually working with some regional leaders and wiping out the ists even faster then before. The reason why we are still there is so that the new government can get stronger.

The Alamo was less than two hundred men holding off about 4000 for a week. Not even regular army but undisiplined citizens .

f*ck this is a reply to. First of all, YOU LOST THE WAR OF 1812! You won the Battle of Orleans, not the war. Also, the Battle of Orleans didn't win the war, peace was already declared before it, it in no way affected the end of the war. But seeing as you decided to go farhter into it, lets take a look at all the battles. Also, the war was started because you were trading with Britians enemys. Not exactly a battle, but the first part of the invasion, a scratch force landed at Mackinac Island were they immediately surrendered to the forces there. You surrendered Fort Detroit without a fight. You were beaten at ton Heights. You won the siege to fort Meigs, but we slaughtered your reinforcements. You won the battle for Lake Erie, and then the Battle of Thames. You burned down Toronto. You captured Fort George. We beat you at the battle of Stoney Creek and Beaver Dams, whch stopped the US offensive in Upper Canada. You burned Newark, so we burned Buffalo. You stopped us at Sacketts harbour. Then with the HMS St. Lawrence we had full control of Lake Ontario. Most of the war is like this, so I'm not going to dwell on it much longer, but here are a few things you should know. We had a smaller force than you except our navy, and we had fewer s than the US. No one really won this war. Canada defended itself, and for the US you just came even. Sorry, I didn't know that the Alamo wasn't a war. You did restore the border and bring peace, however the war is still active. There was a armistice that was still active to this day. Every once in a while, North Korea will send a few people in their to assassinate someone. And it was 21 country's against three in that war, how could you not win. The Bay of Pigs was the beginning of a war, it was an invasion, and it utterly failed. The Iraq war is definitely not over. You are still sending troops over there, and there are more ists now then ever. I suppose in a way it is over, in that your not fighting a country anymore, but there are still many enemy combatants, increasing every day. And of course Mexico is better than the US, but America is starting to catch up.

ahem to that brother
Sergeant 1st Class sam_levi_11

Postby unriggable on Mon Aug 06, 2007 10:34 pm

Are you kidding? One bomb was dropped for every person living in vietnam. We had a massive advantage.
Cook unriggable

Previous

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,