Conquer Club

Football (real)

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Football (real)

Postby Pirlo on Sun Jul 01, 2012 4:31 pm

JoshyBoy wrote:Spain. :lol:

They play shit all tournament then come out in the final and make history.

It's called energy management!
Captain Pirlo

Postby Nola_Lifer on Mon Jul 02, 2012 4:34 pm

What's scary about Spain is their age. Xavi, and maybe Alonso, won't be there in Brazil. Barring health the rest of the team should be in Brazil. Puyol of course will be old but it doesn't seem like they missed him much.
Major Nola_Lifer

Postby JoshyBoy on Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:59 am

Nola_Lifer wrote:What's scary about Spain is their age. Xavi, and maybe Alonso, won't be there in Brazil. Barring health the rest of the team should be in Brazil. Puyol of course will be old but it doesn't seem like they missed him much.

Yeah, it's only 2 years away, and their chances of winning it look better than anyone else at this stage. The other countries have 2 years to step it up a bit.
drunkmonkey wrote:I honestly wonder why anyone becomes a mod on this site. You're the whiniest bunch of players imaginable.

Ron Burgundy wrote:Why don't you go back to your home on Whore Island?
Lieutenant JoshyBoy

Postby nietzsche on Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:04 am

Nola_Lifer wrote:What's scary about Spain is their age. Xavi, and maybe Alonso, won't be there in Brazil. Barring health the rest of the team should be in Brazil. Puyol of course will be old but it doesn't seem like they missed him much.

I bet both will be in Brazil.

They are young!

el cartoncito mas triste del mundo
General nietzsche

Postby Pedronicus on Wed Jul 04, 2012 7:35 am

England rise to number 4 spot in world rankings! :shock: Brazil are only 11th :o

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/jul/04/england-rise-to-world-no4

no goal line technology and a team that haven't reached a quarter final since 1996 are the forth best in the world.
What a crock of shit!
Highest position 7th. Highest points 3311 All of my graffiti can be found here
Major Pedronicus

Postby Sniper08 on Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:00 am

Pedronicus wrote:England rise to number 4 spot in world rankings! :shock: Brazil are only 11th :o

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/jul/04/england-rise-to-world-no4

no goal line technology and a team that haven't reached a quarter final since 1996 are the forth best in the world.
What a crock of shit!

what a joke , england arent 4th best they would be lucky to be top 10, argentina, brazil , spain , italy , germany , holland , uruguay would all beat england atm and portugal , russia , france would give them a run for their money.

ireland slip 8 places after losing all 3 group games :( we were looking good until then put are realistically not top 20 at this point.
Colonel Sniper08
SoC Training Adviser

Postby JoshyBoy on Wed Jul 04, 2012 5:25 pm

Robin van Persie's away. I'll reserve judgement until I see where he goes.
drunkmonkey wrote:I honestly wonder why anyone becomes a mod on this site. You're the whiniest bunch of players imaginable.

Lieutenant JoshyBoy

Postby nagerous on Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:07 pm

So Rangers won't be playing in the SPL next season? Is the Scottish league fucked?
Captain nagerous

Postby Sniper08 on Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:51 pm

JoshyBoy wrote:Robin van Persie's away. I'll reserve judgement until I see where he goes.

you got one more season with him so maybe they'll persuade him in time. i cant see him playing in the premier league though most likely la liga awaits him.

nagerous wrote:So Rangers won't be playing in the SPL next season? Is the Scottish league fucked?

they dont deserve to be in the SPL, it will be Celtics title for the forseeable future unless hearts get a cash injection.
Colonel Sniper08
SoC Training Adviser

Postby maxfaraday on Wed Jul 11, 2012 3:26 pm

Rumor has it that Zlatan might go to Paris... :-k
To: maxfaraday

I have noted this post and if it continues, there will be consequences for you.
Sergeant 1st Class maxfaraday

Postby Sniper08 on Wed Jul 11, 2012 4:50 pm

well so far this summer untied have bought kagawa(mid) and an 18 yo nick powell(mid). rumours are they are close to signing Joao Moutinho(mid). so finally fergie is sorting out uniteds biggest weakness from last season. we are als after modric but so is half the other top clubs so i dont expect to get him.
Colonel Sniper08
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Nola_Lifer on Wed Jul 11, 2012 5:35 pm

Sniper08 wrote:well so far this summer untied have bought kagawa(mid) and an 18 yo nick powell(mid). rumours are they are close to signing Joao Moutinho(mid). so finally fergie is sorting out uniteds biggest weakness from last season. we are als after modric but so is half the other top clubs so i dont expect to get him.

I thought he wanted Modric, and I doubt he will go for Moutinho is passed his prime. Also, the may be a little Brazilian on the way. He reminds me of Denilson and not the one at Arsenal.
Major Nola_Lifer

Postby pmchugh on Wed Jul 11, 2012 6:05 pm

nagerous wrote:So Rangers won't be playing in the SPL next season? Is the Scottish league fucked?

You say that like there was much left to be fucked :lol: Hopefully we get into the Champs League or we wont have much to play for beyond October lol.
2009-08-12 03:35:31 - Squirrels Hat: MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!
2009-08-12 03:44:25 - Mr. Squirrel: Do you think my hat will attack me?
Major pmchugh

Postby JoshyBoy on Sun Jul 15, 2012 6:01 am

Had the most vivid dream last night. Holland vs Spain. Spain were dominating and scored in the 2nd minute. Holland scored in the 5th minute, and 20 seconds later, after 2 passes and a huge long ball forward, Dennis Bergkamp headed in for Spain (yeah, he was Spanish in my dream :? ). Bottom line, Spain were so dominant and impressive I woke up in a cold sweat not quite sure what the f*ck was going on. :)

Lieutenant JoshyBoy

Postby maxfaraday on Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:46 pm

Now it's official Zlatan goes to Paris...

We got our own City.
To: maxfaraday

I have noted this post and if it continues, there will be consequences for you.
Sergeant 1st Class maxfaraday

Postby nietzsche on Tue Jul 17, 2012 3:07 pm

maxfaraday wrote:Now it's official Zlatan goes to Paris...

We got our own City.

:( io sono un tifosi rossonero
General nietzsche

Postby GreecePwns on Thu Jul 19, 2012 6:50 pm

They're officially back! New York Cosmos will start playing next year in the 2nd division and MLS in 3 years!

Chariot of Fire wrote:As for GreecePwns.....yeah, what? A massive debt. Get a job you slacker.

Viceroy wrote:[The Biblical creation story] was written in a time when there was no way to confirm this fact and is in fact a statement of the facts.
Corporal GreecePwns

Postby betiko on Sat Jul 21, 2012 9:30 am

nietzsche wrote:
maxfaraday wrote:Now it's official Zlatan goes to Paris...

We got our own City.

:( io sono un tifosi rossonero

well how do you feel about it? :lol: thiago silva and zlatan were your 2 best players!
paris ends it's impressive recruitment with zlatan, thiago silva, lavezzi and verratti. 100% serie A, over 100M€ spent and impressive salaries given.
There are over 10 players from the serie A in the team+ coach and manager... apparently their most commonly used language is starting to be italian in the locker rooms.
I relly think their team is looking good now.

=========sirigu=========
=jallet=silva===alex=maxwell=
===verratti====motta======
=lavezzi===pastore===nene=
=======ibrahimovic=======

========douchez=========
=bisevac=sakho=lugano=tiené=
===matuidi======sissoko===
=bahebeck==bodmer==menez=
=======gameiro==========
Major betiko

Postby betiko on Sat Jul 21, 2012 9:35 am

GreecePwns wrote:They're officially back! New York Cosmos will start playing next year in the 2nd division and MLS in 3 years!

nice! i don't even know if they were really good at the time and if they dominated the ancestor of the mls... funny to see that in the us you decide when you'll be in 1st division! :lol: :lol: :roll:
Major betiko

Postby GreecePwns on Sat Jul 21, 2012 12:55 pm

Pele, Beckenbauer and Chinaglia on the same team won 5 league titles in 6 years, but the lower teams had financial problems and couldn't compete so the league collapsed (this explains why MLS has the salary restrictions it does today). Some teams survived and are in MLS today (Portland, Seattle, San Jose, etc.)

The owner held onto the copyright until recently when he sold it to a Saudi group who's bringing the team back.

The whole "deciding when you're in the first division" is because the first division is still growing. There is no relegation yet because teams have to buy their way in until the league fills up. Right now there are 19 teams. No one knows when they'll decide to stop adding teams though, my guess is at 24. The last team paid $50 million, and people are guessing the next team will have to pay $100 million.
Chariot of Fire wrote:As for GreecePwns.....yeah, what? A massive debt. Get a job you slacker.

Viceroy wrote:[The Biblical creation story] was written in a time when there was no way to confirm this fact and is in fact a statement of the facts.
Corporal GreecePwns

Postby betiko on Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:50 am

GreecePwns wrote:Pele, Beckenbauer and Chinaglia on the same team won 5 league titles in 6 years, but the lower teams had financial problems and couldn't compete so the league collapsed (this explains why MLS has the salary restrictions it does today). Some teams survived and are in MLS today (Portland, Seattle, San Jose, etc.)

The owner held onto the copyright until recently when he sold it to a Saudi group who's bringing the team back.

The whole "deciding when you're in the first division" is because the first division is still growing. There is no relegation yet because teams have to buy their way in until the league fills up. Right now there are 19 teams. No one knows when they'll decide to stop adding teams though, my guess is at 24. The last team paid $50 million, and people are guessing the next team will have to pay $100 million.

the way sports work in the US makes relegations unviable. it's a franchise system based on regular season and playoffs, with no relegation just like any other US sports (nfl, nhl, nba, mlb ect....). People wouldn't be implicated enough in their team if they were relegated from the top league.
Also in the US you can just buy a franchise and move it to another city...
And i don't think pelé, beckenbauer, chinaglia and cruyff played that long over there.
The funny thing is now, that new york has a team with the name of a beverage, the only one in the league. how will they cope with the come back of such a brand as the NY cosmos?
Major betiko

Postby GreecePwns on Mon Jul 23, 2012 12:01 pm

betiko wrote:the way sports work in the US makes relegations unviable. it's a franchise system based on regular season and playoffs, with no relegation just like any other US sports (nfl, nhl, nba, mlb ect....). People wouldn't be implicated enough in their team if they were relegated from the top league.
This is true. The only way it is possible is if MLS also runs the 2nd division. Which probably will never happen, but you never know.

The funny thing is now, that new york has a team with the name of a beverage, the only one in the league. how will they cope with the come back of such a brand as the NY cosmos?

Meh, New York is too big a city for one team. Back in 2006 when Red Bull bought the team a lot of the hardcore supporters left and most of them are going to support this team. But the fanbase is still growing there, and probably still will. They will be playing on total opposite sides of the city (RB plays on the New Jersey side, Cosmos will play on the Queens/Brooklyn/Long Island side).

Corporal GreecePwns

Postby nietzsche on Sat Aug 04, 2012 6:06 pm

WTF Refs!

General nietzsche

Postby JoshyBoy on Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:03 pm

Wenger doesn't spend, huh? Well it's all fine and well seeing him spend, but wtf is he playing at buying 4 attacking-minded players?!? Especially if Robin stays...

What about a left back?!? I mean Gibbs as our first choice? REALLY?!?

And what about another quality keeper to push Szczesny?

Lieutenant JoshyBoy

Postby Nola_Lifer on Thu Aug 09, 2012 3:13 am

JoshyBoy wrote:Wenger doesn't spend, huh? Well it's all fine and well seeing him spend, but wtf is he playing at buying 4 attacking-minded players?!? Especially if Robin stays...

What about a left back?!? I mean Gibbs as our first choice? REALLY?!?

And what about another quality keeper to push Szczesny?

Attack is your best defense. Isn't this the way Arsenal play or at least want to?
Major Nola_Lifer

PreviousNext

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,