Conquer Club

Football (real)

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Football (real)

Postby nietzsche on Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:36 pm

f*ck
el cartoncito mas triste del mundo
User avatar
Brigadier nietzsche
 
Posts: 3755
Joined: Sun Feb 11, 2007 1:29 am
Location: Fantasy Cooperstown
Medals: 45
Monthly Leader Gold (1) Most Improved Bronze (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2)
Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (3)
Polymorphic Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (4)
Teammate Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) Challenge Achievement (1)
General Contribution (2)

Re: Football (real)

Postby maxfaraday on Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:46 pm

Football is a game played by 22 players. And in the end Germay wins.
From: Karl_R_Kroenen
To: maxfaraday

I have noted this post and if it continues, there will be consequences for you.
Sergeant 1st Class maxfaraday
 
Posts: 272
Joined: Thu Nov 04, 2010 2:48 am
Medals: 16
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (1)

Re: Football (real)

Postby nagerous on Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:24 pm

RUTHLESS GERMAN EFFICIENCY STRIKES AGAIN with the help of a pole


Why can't he be this good on my FM 2013 team xD
Image
User avatar
Captain nagerous
 
Posts: 7505
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 7:39 am
Medals: 67
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3)
Tournament Achievement (5) General Achievement (10) Clan Achievement (2) Tournament Contribution (2) General Contribution (14)

Re: Football (real)

Postby betiko on Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:30 pm

nietzsche wrote:f*ck




I'd love to see dortmund win again. I've been to the wesfalenstadion once, it was awesome.
Image
User avatar
Colonel betiko
 
Posts: 9412
Joined: Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:05 pm
Location: location, location
Medals: 210
Conquer Cup Gold Achievement (1) Monthly Leader Silver (1) Monthly Leader Bronze (1) Most Improved Silver (1) Standard Achievement (4)
Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3) Assassin Achievement (3)
Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (4) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (4)
Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (2) Bot Achievement (4) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (19)
General Achievement (36) Clan Achievement (24) Training Achievement (2) Challenge Achievement (21) Tribe Achievement (7)

Re: Football (real)

Postby HardAttack on Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:42 pm

prolly, the darkest week for spanish football in history ever...
dortmund simply said it that, if galatasaray made it 3-1 at thier home, why wudnt we do it 4-1 at our home ? hilarious.

this is a joke though...

bayern 4:0 barca
dortmund 4:1real madrid
+
-------------------------
germany 8:1 spain

TOTAL=OMG.
Image
hey hey my my, rock and roll can never die, there is more to the picture, than meets the eye
playing games with me ? smells like meeting the death...
User avatar
Major HardAttack
 
Posts: 1630
Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 12:15 pm
Location: All Along The Watchtower
Medals: 83
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (4)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (4) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (7) General Achievement (2)
Clan Achievement (15) Tribe Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (2) General Contribution (1)

Re: Football (real)

Postby betiko on Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:04 pm

HardAttack wrote:prolly, the darkest week for spanish football in history ever...
dortmund simply said it that, if galatasaray made it 3-1 at thier home, why wudnt we do it 4-1 at our home ? hilarious.

this is a joke though...

bayern 4:0 barca
dortmund 4:1real madrid
+
-------------------------
germany 8:1 spain

TOTAL=OMG.


lol can't wait to see that happening in national teams now. sick of seeing them win everything.

by the way is it true what marca said a bit before the game? that bayern has sealed the deal not only with gotze but also with lewandowski??
Image
User avatar
Colonel betiko
 
Posts: 9412
Joined: Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:05 pm
Location: location, location
Medals: 210
Conquer Cup Gold Achievement (1) Monthly Leader Silver (1) Monthly Leader Bronze (1) Most Improved Silver (1) Standard Achievement (4)
Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3) Assassin Achievement (3)
Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (4) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (4)
Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (2) Bot Achievement (4) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (19)
General Achievement (36) Clan Achievement (24) Training Achievement (2) Challenge Achievement (21) Tribe Achievement (7)

Re: Football (real)

Postby HardAttack on Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:45 pm

betiko wrote:
HardAttack wrote:prolly, the darkest week for spanish football in history ever...
dortmund simply said it that, if galatasaray made it 3-1 at thier home, why wudnt we do it 4-1 at our home ? hilarious.

this is a joke though...

bayern 4:0 barca
dortmund 4:1real madrid
+
-------------------------
germany 8:1 spain

TOTAL=OMG.


lol can't wait to see that happening in national teams now. sick of seeing them win everything.

by the way is it true what marca said a bit before the game? that bayern has sealed the deal not only with gotze but also with lewandowski??


whereever guardiola steps there also the champions league cup steps
congradulations Mr. Guardiola =D> =D>

About gotze, i have read same stuff on newspapers today, on the other hand, have no idea about lewandowski.
There is a gossip, gotze's reach into bayern might very much mean robben is going to be put in the market, and how is it, galatasaray is the closest club to finish the deal...Well lets see what happens.
Image
hey hey my my, rock and roll can never die, there is more to the picture, than meets the eye
playing games with me ? smells like meeting the death...
User avatar
Major HardAttack
 
Posts: 1630
Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 12:15 pm
Location: All Along The Watchtower
Medals: 83
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (4)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (4) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (7) General Achievement (2)
Clan Achievement (15) Tribe Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (2) General Contribution (1)

Re: Football (real)

Postby GreecePwns on Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:37 am

All signs are pointing to Manchester City owners outbidding the NY Cosmos and joining MLS instead of them, meaning Cosmos will be stuck in the second division for a very long time :(

New York City FC will probably be the name of this abomination.

An explanation of the bidding process:
show


So now this city has one team in MLS that is being used as a billboard for an energy drink company and another being used as a billboard for a Premier League club.
Chariot of Fire wrote:As for GreecePwns.....yeah, what? A massive debt. Get a job you slacker.

Viceroy wrote:[The Biblical creation story] was written in a time when there was no way to confirm this fact and is in fact a statement of the facts.
User avatar
Corporal GreecePwns
 
Posts: 2655
Joined: Tue Feb 20, 2007 7:19 pm
Location: Lawn Guy Lint
Medals: 10
Standard Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1)
Speed Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (3)

Re: Football (real)

Postby betiko on Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:01 am

GreecePwns wrote:All signs are pointing to Manchester City owners outbidding the NY Cosmos and joining MLS instead of them, meaning Cosmos will be stuck in the second division for a very long time :(

New York City FC will probably be the name of this abomination.

An explanation of the bidding process:
show


So now this city has one team in MLS that is being used as a billboard for an energy drink company and another being used as a billboard for a Premier League club.


really? i didn't know about manchester city doing that. will they play in sky blue? I guess they will lend their young and underperforming stars to their nyc based club when it happens. Will they play in skyblue?
By the way, did you guys know that on top of the NY red bulls and the Salzburg red bulls there is one in brazil, one in ghana and one in germany (leipzig)? not sure in which division the other 3 are playing.

Crazy because there was a lot of marketing going on around the cosmos comming back since a couple of years (with cantona as a manager right?). I think the owners of manchester city should ve gone for an alliance with the guys from cosmos, NY cosmos is a big name, very stupid to let it go. No one in NY would ve supported NY red bulls if the cosmos came back to life, init?

Nevertheles, NYC FC sounds better than NY RB
Image
User avatar
Colonel betiko
 
Posts: 9412
Joined: Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:05 pm
Location: location, location
Medals: 210
Conquer Cup Gold Achievement (1) Monthly Leader Silver (1) Monthly Leader Bronze (1) Most Improved Silver (1) Standard Achievement (4)
Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3) Assassin Achievement (3)
Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (4) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (4)
Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (2) Bot Achievement (4) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (19)
General Achievement (36) Clan Achievement (24) Training Achievement (2) Challenge Achievement (21) Tribe Achievement (7)

Re: Football (real)

Postby betiko on Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:06 am

HardAttack wrote:
betiko wrote:
HardAttack wrote:prolly, the darkest week for spanish football in history ever...
dortmund simply said it that, if galatasaray made it 3-1 at thier home, why wudnt we do it 4-1 at our home ? hilarious.

this is a joke though...

bayern 4:0 barca
dortmund 4:1real madrid
+
-------------------------
germany 8:1 spain

TOTAL=OMG.


lol can't wait to see that happening in national teams now. sick of seeing them win everything.

by the way is it true what marca said a bit before the game? that bayern has sealed the deal not only with gotze but also with lewandowski??


whereever guardiola steps there also the champions league cup steps
congradulations Mr. Guardiola =D> =D>

About gotze, i have read same stuff on newspapers today, on the other hand, have no idea about lewandowski.
There is a gossip, gotze's reach into bayern might very much mean robben is going to be put in the market, and how is it, galatasaray is the closest club to finish the deal...Well lets see what happens.



gotze is a sure thing, even the supporters whistled him yesterday before the game started. Heynckess's agent who is also lewandowski's said that he was heading for bayern a couple of days ago.
Oh and this guy, gundogan is awesome. shame for you HA that him and ozil chose to play for germany! ;)
Image
User avatar
Colonel betiko
 
Posts: 9412
Joined: Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:05 pm
Location: location, location
Medals: 210
Conquer Cup Gold Achievement (1) Monthly Leader Silver (1) Monthly Leader Bronze (1) Most Improved Silver (1) Standard Achievement (4)
Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3) Assassin Achievement (3)
Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (4) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (4)
Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (2) Bot Achievement (4) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (19)
General Achievement (36) Clan Achievement (24) Training Achievement (2) Challenge Achievement (21) Tribe Achievement (7)

Re: Football (real)

Postby HardAttack on Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:22 am

They are germany produced footballers, they got their education, training, dicipline, every measures from there, germany.
This is said, they deserve being a part of germany national football team and germany deserve them being a part of their national team as a outcome of all the investment germany supplied to have them reach to this point become real good players. I think turkey should look inside rather than trying to grab ready and trendy legionaries. What i all the time respect is, have your own thing more than having things others made. To me, this is more honourable, self satisfactory. You see it ? Once you make it, you can be proud of it, something like, i did it, we did it. This is my achievement or our achievement.

I like those names anyways, pretty fine classy players.
Image
hey hey my my, rock and roll can never die, there is more to the picture, than meets the eye
playing games with me ? smells like meeting the death...
User avatar
Major HardAttack
 
Posts: 1630
Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 12:15 pm
Location: All Along The Watchtower
Medals: 83
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (4)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (4) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (7) General Achievement (2)
Clan Achievement (15) Tribe Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (2) General Contribution (1)

Re: Football (real)

Postby HardAttack on Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:39 am

betiko wrote:lol can't wait to see that happening in national teams now.


what do we have in 2014 ? world cup ?
well, germany, very much my honest opinion, is going to rock and storm...
spain is likely in collapse period.
turkey ? we are going to be in holidays watching action over HD monitors :lol: :lol:
Image
hey hey my my, rock and roll can never die, there is more to the picture, than meets the eye
playing games with me ? smells like meeting the death...
User avatar
Major HardAttack
 
Posts: 1630
Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 12:15 pm
Location: All Along The Watchtower
Medals: 83
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (4)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (4) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (7) General Achievement (2)
Clan Achievement (15) Tribe Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (2) General Contribution (1)

Re: Football (real)

Postby GreecePwns on Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:31 am

really? i didn't know about manchester city doing that. will they play in sky blue? I guess they will lend their young and underperforming stars to their nyc based club when it happens. Will they play in skyblue?
By the way, did you guys know that on top of the NY red bulls and the Salzburg red bulls there is one in brazil, one in ghana and one in germany (leipzig)? not sure in which division the other 3 are playing.


They will probably play in sky blue. It could be part of a Red Bull-like scheme to set up teams like Shanghai City FC, etc.

MLS has a lot of limitations for how many people can be loaned, maximum salary, etc. so I don't think it will be a straight reserve team of MCFC. Chivas from Mexico tried that and they've failed miserably and that team is in the process being sold to Carlos Slim, the richest man in the world.

Crazy because there was a lot of marketing going on around the cosmos comming back since a couple of years (with cantona as a manager right?). I think the owners of manchester city should ve gone for an alliance with the guys from cosmos, NY cosmos is a big name, very stupid to let it go. No one in NY would ve supported NY red bulls if the cosmos came back to life, init?


There are some people who believe the Cosmos owners don't like the salary restrictions and other things about MLS and think that they can build a team that's just as good as MLS clubs even while playing in the second division which has no restrictions. Thing is, these teams get no TV money average around 5000 fans per game. They don't need restrictions because they barely have a budget for players. Either way, they already have plans to build their own stadium around 10 miles from the planned City stadium now.

I don't think everyone would've abandoned Red Bull if the Cosmos happened. This is a huge city and Red Bull plays on the New Jersey side of Manhattan while the second NY team would be playing on the total opposite side (in Flushing). More than 60 percent of NYRB's fanbase is actually from New Jersey anyway.

NY can easily support 3 MLS teams, but there are 4 cities off the top of my head that don't even have one MLS team that could just as easily enter within the next 5 years which means we probably won't be having a third team for a long, long time if ever.
Chariot of Fire wrote:As for GreecePwns.....yeah, what? A massive debt. Get a job you slacker.

Viceroy wrote:[The Biblical creation story] was written in a time when there was no way to confirm this fact and is in fact a statement of the facts.
User avatar
Corporal GreecePwns
 
Posts: 2655
Joined: Tue Feb 20, 2007 7:19 pm
Location: Lawn Guy Lint
Medals: 10
Standard Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1)
Speed Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (3)

Re: Football (real)

Postby betiko on Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:51 pm

HardAttack wrote:
betiko wrote:lol can't wait to see that happening in national teams now.


what do we have in 2014 ? world cup ?
well, germany, very much my honest opinion, is going to rock and storm...
spain is likely in collapse period.
turkey ? we are going to be in holidays watching action over HD monitors :lol: :lol:


well don't forget messi's argentina and brazil that will be hosting! I would love to see argentina win just to shut pele's big mouth.
France will probably go through playoffs :lol: can't believe we lost the home game vs spain, even with a draw we would've been standing first in our group..
Image
User avatar
Colonel betiko
 
Posts: 9412
Joined: Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:05 pm
Location: location, location
Medals: 210
Conquer Cup Gold Achievement (1) Monthly Leader Silver (1) Monthly Leader Bronze (1) Most Improved Silver (1) Standard Achievement (4)
Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3) Assassin Achievement (3)
Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (4) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (4)
Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (2) Bot Achievement (4) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (19)
General Achievement (36) Clan Achievement (24) Training Achievement (2) Challenge Achievement (21) Tribe Achievement (7)

Re: Football (real)

Postby betiko on Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:57 pm

GreecePwns wrote:like Shanghai City FC

what? there's a chinese club related to mcfc?

the impression I have about US sports is that most of the fans are not very loyal compared to what we have in europe. Seems like most people just like the winners. Is there a lot of people fan of the LA clippers, the NY mets, the NY jets or any of these second teams that have a big giant in the same sport? There is the LA galaxy and the LA chivas right?
Image
User avatar
Colonel betiko
 
Posts: 9412
Joined: Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:05 pm
Location: location, location
Medals: 210
Conquer Cup Gold Achievement (1) Monthly Leader Silver (1) Monthly Leader Bronze (1) Most Improved Silver (1) Standard Achievement (4)
Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3) Assassin Achievement (3)
Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (4) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (4)
Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (2) Bot Achievement (4) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (19)
General Achievement (36) Clan Achievement (24) Training Achievement (2) Challenge Achievement (21) Tribe Achievement (7)

Re: Football (real)

Postby nietzsche on Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:37 pm

HardAttack wrote:
betiko wrote:lol can't wait to see that happening in national teams now.


what do we have in 2014 ? world cup ?
well, germany, very much my honest opinion, is going to rock and storm...
spain is likely in collapse period.
turkey ? we are going to be in holidays watching action over HD monitors :lol: :lol:


In semifinals Mexico beats Germany and wins the final over Brazil. Neymar kneels and asks god why he wasn't born Mexican.
el cartoncito mas triste del mundo
User avatar
Brigadier nietzsche
 
Posts: 3755
Joined: Sun Feb 11, 2007 1:29 am
Location: Fantasy Cooperstown
Medals: 45
Monthly Leader Gold (1) Most Improved Bronze (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2)
Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (3)
Polymorphic Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (4)
Teammate Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) Challenge Achievement (1)
General Contribution (2)

Re: Football (real)

Postby GreecePwns on Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:25 pm

betiko wrote:
GreecePwns wrote:like Shanghai City FC

what? there's a chinese club related to mcfc?

the impression I have about US sports is that most of the fans are not very loyal compared to what we have in europe. Seems like most people just like the winners. Is there a lot of people fan of the LA clippers, the NY mets, the NY jets or any of these second teams that have a big giant in the same sport? There is the LA galaxy and the LA chivas right?


No there isn't the Shanghai thing was just hypothetical to compare it to Red Bull's teams.

US sports fans in general are frontrunners. For the big teams like the Heat you will see plastic fans all over the country. In a city with multiple teams you will see loyal fans in the areas nearby the stadiums (for example the Yankees have the majority of fans in the Bronx but the Mets have the majority of fans in Queens) but in the other, unrepresented areas its a mix fans from both teams. Contrast this to a place like London for example where you have many teams in the Premier League and pretty all areas of the city are represented somewhere in the Football League. In American sports a city has at most 2 teams. This partially has to do with the size of the country and partly to do with the closed league system which limits the number of professional teams that can exist (meaning to maximize TV money they must spread the teams out throughout the country).

Football fans here for the most part stick to their local team. The only time things really ever change is if new clubs come into existence. For example, most fans in Indianapolis were fans of Chicago Fire (the closest team to them) until a 2nd division team was founded there recently and they all switched to supporting the new team. Yeah, there are typical American sports fans which like the Galaxy for no other reason than their image and their trophies, but compared to other sports its much less prevalent. The typical American frontrunner fans are usually ignore American clubs altogether and only watch Champions League and/or Premier League on TV.

Chivas is an abysmally run club by a terrible owner with plans to operate Chivas as a reserve team for the actual Chivas team in Mexico. Meanwhile the Galaxy won three trophies in the last two years with famous players. You can see why no one follows Chivas, and they're being put up for sale by the owner.
Chariot of Fire wrote:As for GreecePwns.....yeah, what? A massive debt. Get a job you slacker.

Viceroy wrote:[The Biblical creation story] was written in a time when there was no way to confirm this fact and is in fact a statement of the facts.
User avatar
Corporal GreecePwns
 
Posts: 2655
Joined: Tue Feb 20, 2007 7:19 pm
Location: Lawn Guy Lint
Medals: 10
Standard Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1)
Speed Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (3)

Re: Football (real)

Postby nietzsche on Tue Apr 30, 2013 4:08 pm

I was irritated during the game.

I felt as if destruction was winning. That's what I felt, I'm was biased for sure.


Time for La Liga to realize that they need more competition.
el cartoncito mas triste del mundo
User avatar
Brigadier nietzsche
 
Posts: 3755
Joined: Sun Feb 11, 2007 1:29 am
Location: Fantasy Cooperstown
Medals: 45
Monthly Leader Gold (1) Most Improved Bronze (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2)
Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (3)
Polymorphic Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (4)
Teammate Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) Challenge Achievement (1)
General Contribution (2)

Re: Football (real)

Postby maxfaraday on Tue Apr 30, 2013 4:25 pm

Deutschland Uber Alles
From: Karl_R_Kroenen
To: maxfaraday

I have noted this post and if it continues, there will be consequences for you.
Sergeant 1st Class maxfaraday
 
Posts: 272
Joined: Thu Nov 04, 2010 2:48 am
Medals: 16
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (1)

Re: Football (real)

Postby maxfaraday on Wed May 01, 2013 3:28 pm

From: Karl_R_Kroenen
To: maxfaraday

I have noted this post and if it continues, there will be consequences for you.
Sergeant 1st Class maxfaraday
 
Posts: 272
Joined: Thu Nov 04, 2010 2:48 am
Medals: 16
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (1)

Re: Football (real)

Postby waauw on Wed May 01, 2013 5:29 pm

HardAttack wrote:
betiko wrote:lol can't wait to see that happening in national teams now.


what do we have in 2014 ? world cup ?
well, germany, very much my honest opinion, is going to rock and storm...
spain is likely in collapse period.
turkey ? we are going to be in holidays watching action over HD monitors :lol: :lol:


Watch out for the Belgium and Croatian squad.
Croatia is always strong and the current Belgian generation could turn out to become very dangers to any team.
User avatar
Lieutenant waauw
 
Posts: 4190
Joined: Fri Mar 13, 2009 1:46 pm
Medals: 68
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (7) General Achievement (2)
Clan Achievement (4) Challenge Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (10)

Re: Football (real)

Postby nietzsche on Thu May 02, 2013 8:28 pm

Image
el cartoncito mas triste del mundo
User avatar
Brigadier nietzsche
 
Posts: 3755
Joined: Sun Feb 11, 2007 1:29 am
Location: Fantasy Cooperstown
Medals: 45
Monthly Leader Gold (1) Most Improved Bronze (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2)
Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (3)
Polymorphic Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (4)
Teammate Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) Challenge Achievement (1)
General Contribution (2)

Re: Football (real)

Postby betiko on Fri May 03, 2013 7:19 pm

nietzsche wrote:Image


al menos has podido consolarte con algo, jeje
Image
User avatar
Colonel betiko
 
Posts: 9412
Joined: Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:05 pm
Location: location, location
Medals: 210
Conquer Cup Gold Achievement (1) Monthly Leader Silver (1) Monthly Leader Bronze (1) Most Improved Silver (1) Standard Achievement (4)
Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3) Assassin Achievement (3)
Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (4) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (4)
Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (2) Bot Achievement (4) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (19)
General Achievement (36) Clan Achievement (24) Training Achievement (2) Challenge Achievement (21) Tribe Achievement (7)

Re: Football (real)

Postby betiko on Fri May 03, 2013 7:21 pm

waauw wrote:
HardAttack wrote:
betiko wrote:lol can't wait to see that happening in national teams now.


what do we have in 2014 ? world cup ?
well, germany, very much my honest opinion, is going to rock and storm...
spain is likely in collapse period.
turkey ? we are going to be in holidays watching action over HD monitors :lol: :lol:


Watch out for the Belgium and Croatian squad.
Croatia is always strong and the current Belgian generation could turn out to become very dangers to any team.


watch out for what, a possibility to see them in WC quarter finals? cause that's as high as they can aspire. I see belgium with a much better generation than croatians though.
Image
User avatar
Colonel betiko
 
Posts: 9412
Joined: Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:05 pm
Location: location, location
Medals: 210
Conquer Cup Gold Achievement (1) Monthly Leader Silver (1) Monthly Leader Bronze (1) Most Improved Silver (1) Standard Achievement (4)
Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3) Assassin Achievement (3)
Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (4) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (4)
Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (2) Bot Achievement (4) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (19)
General Achievement (36) Clan Achievement (24) Training Achievement (2) Challenge Achievement (21) Tribe Achievement (7)

Re: Football (real)

Postby betiko on Fri May 03, 2013 7:23 pm

GreecePwns wrote:
betiko wrote:
GreecePwns wrote:like Shanghai City FC

what? there's a chinese club related to mcfc?

the impression I have about US sports is that most of the fans are not very loyal compared to what we have in europe. Seems like most people just like the winners. Is there a lot of people fan of the LA clippers, the NY mets, the NY jets or any of these second teams that have a big giant in the same sport? There is the LA galaxy and the LA chivas right?


No there isn't the Shanghai thing was just hypothetical to compare it to Red Bull's teams.

US sports fans in general are frontrunners. For the big teams like the Heat you will see plastic fans all over the country. In a city with multiple teams you will see loyal fans in the areas nearby the stadiums (for example the Yankees have the majority of fans in the Bronx but the Mets have the majority of fans in Queens) but in the other, unrepresented areas its a mix fans from both teams. Contrast this to a place like London for example where you have many teams in the Premier League and pretty all areas of the city are represented somewhere in the Football League. In American sports a city has at most 2 teams. This partially has to do with the size of the country and partly to do with the closed league system which limits the number of professional teams that can exist (meaning to maximize TV money they must spread the teams out throughout the country).

Football fans here for the most part stick to their local team. The only time things really ever change is if new clubs come into existence. For example, most fans in Indianapolis were fans of Chicago Fire (the closest team to them) until a 2nd division team was founded there recently and they all switched to supporting the new team. Yeah, there are typical American sports fans which like the Galaxy for no other reason than their image and their trophies, but compared to other sports its much less prevalent. The typical American frontrunner fans are usually ignore American clubs altogether and only watch Champions League and/or Premier League on TV.

Chivas is an abysmally run club by a terrible owner with plans to operate Chivas as a reserve team for the actual Chivas team in Mexico. Meanwhile the Galaxy won three trophies in the last two years with famous players. You can see why no one follows Chivas, and they're being put up for sale by the owner.


well I'm saying this but it's everywhere the same actually... in any country the clubs with the most trophies have the most fans all around the country. Funny thing for example is the Juventus. In Turin more people are Torino fans, but the juve has the number 1 fanbase all around italy.
Image
User avatar
Colonel betiko
 
Posts: 9412
Joined: Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:05 pm
Location: location, location
Medals: 210
Conquer Cup Gold Achievement (1) Monthly Leader Silver (1) Monthly Leader Bronze (1) Most Improved Silver (1) Standard Achievement (4)
Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3) Assassin Achievement (3)
Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (4) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (4)
Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (2) Bot Achievement (4) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (19)
General Achievement (36) Clan Achievement (24) Training Achievement (2) Challenge Achievement (21) Tribe Achievement (7)

PreviousNext

Return to I Didn't Like Cats

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users