Conquer Club

Football (real)

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Football (real)

Postby waauw on Wed Sep 02, 2015 7:02 pm

nietzsche wrote:
WingCmdr Ginkapo wrote:
waauw wrote:
ps: Van Gaal needs to get sacked.

Van Gaal or Ed Woodward? Both have their flaws. David Moyes got sacked because of Woodwards failing, not sensible to sack another manager because of it.

Van Gaal has been an ass to too many players for it to be only accidents.

Valdes, DeGea, Di Maria, Van Persie, Falcao, Hernandez. (Lately to Romero, the keeper, Van Gaal didn't need to declare like that). I think he also said something of Januzaj, but not sure. I'm pretty sure he has something to say of Rooney and Mata, as soon as he decides he doesn't want them in the starting 11, I bet you will hear some gem about them.

He's just an ass. ANd I guess Manchester UTD is going to put up with because they're desperate. But Manchester UTD used to display an image of greatness in the past years, which Van Gaal is destroying now.

Yeah, he said before the away game in Bruges that he won't let januzaj play purely because he is a young talent. It pretty much took januzaj's confidence in playing opportunities away. Result, he's now at Dortmund. By talking too much, the guy chased out one of ManU's most popular young talents. If VG stays any longer, Januzaj will probably not even want to come back.
Lieutenant waauw

Postby nietzsche on Tue Sep 15, 2015 12:03 pm

The Champions League is back!
el cartoncito mas triste del mundo
General nietzsche

Postby nietzsche on Tue Sep 15, 2015 12:06 pm

el cartoncito mas triste del mundo
General nietzsche

Postby iAmCaffeine on Tue Sep 15, 2015 12:38 pm

nietzsche wrote:The Champions League is back!

Go Leeds!
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby tzor on Tue Sep 15, 2015 3:20 pm

Must root for the mother ship ...

Cadet tzor

Postby waauw on Tue Sep 15, 2015 3:42 pm

tzor wrote:Must root for the mother ship ...

Deserved loss, they were clueless against juve defense.
Still better than ManU though, losing against PSV :lol:
Lieutenant waauw

Postby WingCmdr Ginkapo on Sun Sep 20, 2015 10:45 am

It really annoys me that Martial has turned out to be quite good.
Major WingCmdr Ginkapo

Postby waauw on Sun Sep 20, 2015 11:41 am

WingCmdr Ginkapo wrote:It really annoys me that Martial has turned out to be quite good.

I feel ya, got the same opinion. But well, he still has to show himself capable of elevating United in the Champions League.
Lieutenant waauw

Postby betiko on Sun Sep 20, 2015 5:01 pm

Martial is definitely an awesome player, only you guys that don t follow the ligue 1 didn t know about it. Nevertheless, he was paid the price he will be worth in 5 years
Major betiko

Postby iAmCaffeine on Sat Sep 26, 2015 8:38 am

Hahaha Spurs stuffed City 4-1 after being 1-0 down too! Don't like either team but that is funnyyyyyyy.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby betiko on Sun Sep 27, 2015 8:07 am

Saw that game, then the arsenal leicester. Things are getting close on top of the EPL.

By the way... Epl clubs are so ridiculous in european competitions this season, they are surely losing a lot of credit.
Most Epl clubs are freaking terrible recruiting, it's a real joke. They overpay so much players...
I think one of the worse recruiting is probably liverpool. Every year I have a good laugh looking what they do with their money.
Major betiko

Postby iAmCaffeine on Sun Sep 27, 2015 11:31 am

Liverpool are the worst yes, and Man Utd haven't done so well lately. Man City have now lost two consecutive league games and Chelsea are playing terribly too. I found it all hilarious until Leeds scored an own goal today, f*ck sake.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby waauw on Sun Sep 27, 2015 12:01 pm

Lieutenant waauw

Postby betiko on Sun Sep 27, 2015 2:17 pm

Actually if you think about it it wasn t as simple as it looks... He s running exactly towards the post, he had to go for a full speed sprint to reach the ball, and it s very hard to both give the right angle with the foot and avoid getting knocked out by the post reaching that spot at full speed...
Major betiko

Postby betiko on Sun Sep 27, 2015 2:20 pm

iAmCaffeine wrote:Liverpool are the worst yes, and Man Utd haven't done so well lately. Man City have now lost two consecutive league games and Chelsea are playing terribly too. I found it all hilarious until Leeds scored an own goal today, f*ck sake.

Yeah marseille lost and betis won, and during the week a nul for marseille and a loss for betis. That s 4/12 points for both my teams, pretty shit.
Major betiko

Postby tzor on Thu Oct 08, 2015 2:15 pm

FIFA suspended President Sepp Blatter for 90 days following an ethics investigation.

Today, in accordance with FIFAā€™s Code of Ethics, Joseph S. Blatter was relieved of all his duties as FIFA President following the decision of the Adjudicatory Chamber of the Independent Ethics Committee to provisionally ban him from all football activities on a national and international level.

Joseph S. Blatter, for the duration of the 90-day ban, is not allowed to represent FIFA in any capacity, act on the organisationā€™s behalf, or communicate to media or other stakeholders as a FIFA representative.

As mandated by article 32 (6) of the FIFA Statutes, Issa Hayatou, as the longest-serving vice-president on FIFAā€™s Executive Committee, will serve as Acting President of FIFA.

It was also announced that the Independent Chairman of the Adjudicatory Chamber of the Ethics Committee issued a provisional 90-day ban for FIFAā€™s Secretary General, JĆ©rĆ“me Valcke.

This decision follows FIFAā€™s announcement on 17 September 2015, that the organization had put JĆ©rĆ“me Valcke on leave and released him from his duties effective immediately. On that date, FIFA requested a formal investigation by the Ethics Committee.

All operational business matters will continue to be overseen by Markus Kattner, Acting Secretary General.
Cadet tzor

Postby Pirlo on Thu Oct 08, 2015 5:06 pm

With Klopp officially signing a 3 years deal, I think I may start liking Liverpool!
Captain Pirlo

Postby waauw on Tue Oct 13, 2015 3:48 pm

\:D/ \:D/ For the first time in our history, Belgium is ranked #1 on the FIFA ranking. \:D/ \:D/
Lieutenant waauw

Postby JBlombier on Tue Oct 13, 2015 5:01 pm

And The Netherlands didn't qualify for the European Championships... :|
Colonel JBlombier

Postby betiko on Wed Oct 14, 2015 3:34 am

yeah pretty crazy fate for belgium and netherlands..... crazy how one is going up while the other is going down!
and the first year we go from 16 to 24 nations in the final phase of the euro... I thought no big nation could ever miss out again.

here is the list of qualified (20/24) for the euro 2016 held in france, in red the big surprises:

Italy
Germany
England
France
Spain
Portugal
Belgium
Switzerland
Turkey
Czech republic
Slovakia
Romania
Poland
Russia
Croatia
Albania
Wales
Northern Ireland
Iceland
Austria

play offs:

Bosnia
Slovenia
Sweden
Denmark
Norway
Hungary
Ireland
Ukraine
Major betiko

Postby iAmCaffeine on Wed Oct 14, 2015 9:33 am

waauw wrote:\:D/ \:D/ For the first time in our history, Belgium is ranked #1 on the FIFA ranking. \:D/ \:D/

This just proves the FIFA ranking is shit.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby WingCmdr Ginkapo on Wed Oct 14, 2015 9:58 am

Come on the Republic of Ireland, lets get a clean sweep.

Its still a farce that N. Ireland, Wales, Scotland and England are separate teams.
Major WingCmdr Ginkapo

Postby waauw on Wed Oct 14, 2015 10:08 am

iAmCaffeine wrote:
waauw wrote:\:D/ \:D/ For the first time in our history, Belgium is ranked #1 on the FIFA ranking. \:D/ \:D/

This just proves the FIFA ranking is shit.

I agree with you, nevertheless the current Belgian generation is most definitely one of the best in the world. At least it makes more sense than the UEFA national team ranking where Belgium is ranked behind Portugal and England, and where the Netherlands who didn't even make 3rd are ranked 7th.

Current pots:
Lieutenant waauw

Postby iAmCaffeine on Wed Oct 14, 2015 10:48 am

I agree that the current Belgian squad is the best it's been in my lifetime and perhaps longer; I can't exactly recall. They're young, exciting and deserving of top ten.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby betiko on Wed Oct 14, 2015 11:11 am

well belgium has been doing very well in the last few years, the ranking takes into consideration all games played,and correlates the win/loss to your opponent's rank. Pretty much like CC... let's say that Belgium is quite disputably the best out there, but as of today, they got the best record. Not their faultif bigger nations have been losing stupid games.

France for example has been playing only friendly games since it's organising the euro cup, and friendlies have less value in the ranking that qualifying games, so even if you do good you lose pace compared to others doing good in qualifyings. We also had 2 games at the end of the season vs albania and I belgium... no one gave a flying shit... not the players nor the fans, the players all wanted to go on holiday after a long season and had nothing in stake.... or so they thought! we lost thos 2 games and went from the 9th spot in the ranking to the 24th, just before the world cup 2018 qualifying draws....

I think this ranking is good, and good coaches should keep their players ALWAYS focused, because at the end of the day that ranking is really important to have easy draws in any competition.
Major betiko

PreviousNext

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,