Conquer Club

Football (real)

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Football (real)

Postby nietzsche on Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:36 pm

f*ck
el cartoncito mas triste del mundo
General nietzsche

Postby maxfaraday on Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:46 pm

Football is a game played by 22 players. And in the end Germay wins.
To: maxfaraday

I have noted this post and if it continues, there will be consequences for you.
Sergeant 1st Class maxfaraday

Postby nagerous on Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:24 pm

RUTHLESS GERMAN EFFICIENCY STRIKES AGAIN with the help of a pole

Why can't he be this good on my FM 2013 team xD
Captain nagerous

Postby betiko on Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:30 pm

nietzsche wrote:f*ck

I'd love to see dortmund win again. I've been to the wesfalenstadion once, it was awesome.
Major betiko

Postby HardAttack on Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:42 pm

prolly, the darkest week for spanish football in history ever...
dortmund simply said it that, if galatasaray made it 3-1 at thier home, why wudnt we do it 4-1 at our home ? hilarious.

this is a joke though...

bayern 4:0 barca
dortmund 4:1real madrid
+
-------------------------
germany 8:1 spain

TOTAL=OMG.
LEGENDS of WAR
Colonel HardAttack

Postby betiko on Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:04 pm

HardAttack wrote:prolly, the darkest week for spanish football in history ever...
dortmund simply said it that, if galatasaray made it 3-1 at thier home, why wudnt we do it 4-1 at our home ? hilarious.

this is a joke though...

+

TOTAL=OMG.

lol can't wait to see that happening in national teams now. sick of seeing them win everything.

by the way is it true what marca said a bit before the game? that bayern has sealed the deal not only with gotze but also with lewandowski??
Major betiko

Postby HardAttack on Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:45 pm

betiko wrote:
HardAttack wrote:prolly, the darkest week for spanish football in history ever...

this is a joke though...

+

TOTAL=OMG.

lol can't wait to see that happening in national teams now. sick of seeing them win everything.

by the way is it true what marca said a bit before the game? that bayern has sealed the deal not only with gotze but also with lewandowski??

whereever guardiola steps there also the champions league cup steps
congradulations Mr. Guardiola =D> =D>

About gotze, i have read same stuff on newspapers today, on the other hand, have no idea about lewandowski.
There is a gossip, gotze's reach into bayern might very much mean robben is going to be put in the market, and how is it, galatasaray is the closest club to finish the deal...Well lets see what happens.
LEGENDS of WAR
Colonel HardAttack

Postby GreecePwns on Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:37 am

All signs are pointing to Manchester City owners outbidding the NY Cosmos and joining MLS instead of them, meaning Cosmos will be stuck in the second division for a very long time :(

New York City FC will probably be the name of this abomination.

An explanation of the bidding process:
show

So now this city has one team in MLS that is being used as a billboard for an energy drink company and another being used as a billboard for a Premier League club.
Chariot of Fire wrote:As for GreecePwns.....yeah, what? A massive debt. Get a job you slacker.

Viceroy wrote:[The Biblical creation story] was written in a time when there was no way to confirm this fact and is in fact a statement of the facts.
Corporal GreecePwns

Postby betiko on Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:01 am

GreecePwns wrote:All signs are pointing to Manchester City owners outbidding the NY Cosmos and joining MLS instead of them, meaning Cosmos will be stuck in the second division for a very long time :(

New York City FC will probably be the name of this abomination.

An explanation of the bidding process:
show

So now this city has one team in MLS that is being used as a billboard for an energy drink company and another being used as a billboard for a Premier League club.

really? i didn't know about manchester city doing that. will they play in sky blue? I guess they will lend their young and underperforming stars to their nyc based club when it happens. Will they play in skyblue?
By the way, did you guys know that on top of the NY red bulls and the Salzburg red bulls there is one in brazil, one in ghana and one in germany (leipzig)? not sure in which division the other 3 are playing.

Crazy because there was a lot of marketing going on around the cosmos comming back since a couple of years (with cantona as a manager right?). I think the owners of manchester city should ve gone for an alliance with the guys from cosmos, NY cosmos is a big name, very stupid to let it go. No one in NY would ve supported NY red bulls if the cosmos came back to life, init?

Nevertheles, NYC FC sounds better than NY RB
Major betiko

Postby betiko on Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:06 am

HardAttack wrote:
betiko wrote:

this is a joke though...

+

TOTAL=OMG.

whereever guardiola steps there also the champions league cup steps
congradulations Mr. Guardiola =D> =D>

About gotze, i have read same stuff on newspapers today, on the other hand, have no idea about lewandowski.
There is a gossip, gotze's reach into bayern might very much mean robben is going to be put in the market, and how is it, galatasaray is the closest club to finish the deal...Well lets see what happens.

gotze is a sure thing, even the supporters whistled him yesterday before the game started. Heynckess's agent who is also lewandowski's said that he was heading for bayern a couple of days ago.
Oh and this guy, gundogan is awesome. shame for you HA that him and ozil chose to play for germany! ;)
Major betiko

Postby HardAttack on Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:22 am

They are germany produced footballers, they got their education, training, dicipline, every measures from there, germany.
This is said, they deserve being a part of germany national football team and germany deserve them being a part of their national team as a outcome of all the investment germany supplied to have them reach to this point become real good players. I think turkey should look inside rather than trying to grab ready and trendy legionaries. What i all the time respect is, have your own thing more than having things others made. To me, this is more honourable, self satisfactory. You see it ? Once you make it, you can be proud of it, something like, i did it, we did it. This is my achievement or our achievement.

I like those names anyways, pretty fine classy players.
LEGENDS of WAR
Colonel HardAttack

Postby HardAttack on Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:39 am

betiko wrote:lol can't wait to see that happening in national teams now.

what do we have in 2014 ? world cup ?
well, germany, very much my honest opinion, is going to rock and storm...
spain is likely in collapse period.
turkey ? we are going to be in holidays watching action over HD monitors :lol: :lol:
LEGENDS of WAR
Colonel HardAttack

Postby GreecePwns on Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:31 am

really? i didn't know about manchester city doing that. will they play in sky blue? I guess they will lend their young and underperforming stars to their nyc based club when it happens. Will they play in skyblue?
By the way, did you guys know that on top of the NY red bulls and the Salzburg red bulls there is one in brazil, one in ghana and one in germany (leipzig)? not sure in which division the other 3 are playing.

They will probably play in sky blue. It could be part of a Red Bull-like scheme to set up teams like Shanghai City FC, etc.

MLS has a lot of limitations for how many people can be loaned, maximum salary, etc. so I don't think it will be a straight reserve team of MCFC. Chivas from Mexico tried that and they've failed miserably and that team is in the process being sold to Carlos Slim, the richest man in the world.

Crazy because there was a lot of marketing going on around the cosmos comming back since a couple of years (with cantona as a manager right?). I think the owners of manchester city should ve gone for an alliance with the guys from cosmos, NY cosmos is a big name, very stupid to let it go. No one in NY would ve supported NY red bulls if the cosmos came back to life, init?

There are some people who believe the Cosmos owners don't like the salary restrictions and other things about MLS and think that they can build a team that's just as good as MLS clubs even while playing in the second division which has no restrictions. Thing is, these teams get no TV money average around 5000 fans per game. They don't need restrictions because they barely have a budget for players. Either way, they already have plans to build their own stadium around 10 miles from the planned City stadium now.

I don't think everyone would've abandoned Red Bull if the Cosmos happened. This is a huge city and Red Bull plays on the New Jersey side of Manhattan while the second NY team would be playing on the total opposite side (in Flushing). More than 60 percent of NYRB's fanbase is actually from New Jersey anyway.

NY can easily support 3 MLS teams, but there are 4 cities off the top of my head that don't even have one MLS team that could just as easily enter within the next 5 years which means we probably won't be having a third team for a long, long time if ever.
Chariot of Fire wrote:As for GreecePwns.....yeah, what? A massive debt. Get a job you slacker.

Viceroy wrote:[The Biblical creation story] was written in a time when there was no way to confirm this fact and is in fact a statement of the facts.
Corporal GreecePwns

Postby betiko on Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:51 pm

HardAttack wrote:

turkey ? we are going to be in holidays watching action over HD monitors :lol: :lol:

well don't forget messi's argentina and brazil that will be hosting! I would love to see argentina win just to shut pele's big mouth.
France will probably go through playoffs :lol: can't believe we lost the home game vs spain, even with a draw we would've been standing first in our group..
Major betiko

Postby betiko on Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:57 pm

GreecePwns wrote:like Shanghai City FC

what? there's a chinese club related to mcfc?

the impression I have about US sports is that most of the fans are not very loyal compared to what we have in europe. Seems like most people just like the winners. Is there a lot of people fan of the LA clippers, the NY mets, the NY jets or any of these second teams that have a big giant in the same sport? There is the LA galaxy and the LA chivas right?
Major betiko

Postby nietzsche on Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:37 pm

HardAttack wrote:

In semifinals Mexico beats Germany and wins the final over Brazil. Neymar kneels and asks god why he wasn't born Mexican.
General nietzsche

Postby GreecePwns on Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:25 pm

betiko wrote:

the impression I have about US sports is that most of the fans are not very loyal compared to what we have in europe. Seems like most people just like the winners. Is there a lot of people fan of the LA clippers, the NY mets, the NY jets or any of these second teams that have a big giant in the same sport? There is the LA galaxy and the LA chivas right?

No there isn't the Shanghai thing was just hypothetical to compare it to Red Bull's teams.

US sports fans in general are frontrunners. For the big teams like the Heat you will see plastic fans all over the country. In a city with multiple teams you will see loyal fans in the areas nearby the stadiums (for example the Yankees have the majority of fans in the Bronx but the Mets have the majority of fans in Queens) but in the other, unrepresented areas its a mix fans from both teams. Contrast this to a place like London for example where you have many teams in the Premier League and pretty all areas of the city are represented somewhere in the Football League. In American sports a city has at most 2 teams. This partially has to do with the size of the country and partly to do with the closed league system which limits the number of professional teams that can exist (meaning to maximize TV money they must spread the teams out throughout the country).

Football fans here for the most part stick to their local team. The only time things really ever change is if new clubs come into existence. For example, most fans in Indianapolis were fans of Chicago Fire (the closest team to them) until a 2nd division team was founded there recently and they all switched to supporting the new team. Yeah, there are typical American sports fans which like the Galaxy for no other reason than their image and their trophies, but compared to other sports its much less prevalent. The typical American frontrunner fans are usually ignore American clubs altogether and only watch Champions League and/or Premier League on TV.

Chivas is an abysmally run club by a terrible owner with plans to operate Chivas as a reserve team for the actual Chivas team in Mexico. Meanwhile the Galaxy won three trophies in the last two years with famous players. You can see why no one follows Chivas, and they're being put up for sale by the owner.

Corporal GreecePwns

Postby nietzsche on Tue Apr 30, 2013 4:08 pm

I was irritated during the game.

I felt as if destruction was winning. That's what I felt, I'm was biased for sure.

Time for La Liga to realize that they need more competition.
General nietzsche

Postby maxfaraday on Tue Apr 30, 2013 4:25 pm

Deutschland Uber Alles

Postby maxfaraday on Wed May 01, 2013 3:28 pm

Postby waauw on Wed May 01, 2013 5:29 pm

HardAttack wrote:

Watch out for the Belgium and Croatian squad.
Croatia is always strong and the current Belgian generation could turn out to become very dangers to any team.
Lieutenant waauw

Postby nietzsche on Thu May 02, 2013 8:28 pm

General nietzsche

Postby betiko on Fri May 03, 2013 7:19 pm

nietzsche wrote:Image

al menos has podido consolarte con algo, jeje
Major betiko

Postby betiko on Fri May 03, 2013 7:21 pm

waauw wrote:
HardAttack wrote:

Watch out for the Belgium and Croatian squad.
Croatia is always strong and the current Belgian generation could turn out to become very dangers to any team.

watch out for what, a possibility to see them in WC quarter finals? cause that's as high as they can aspire. I see belgium with a much better generation than croatians though.
Major betiko

Postby betiko on Fri May 03, 2013 7:23 pm

GreecePwns wrote:
betiko wrote:

No there isn't the Shanghai thing was just hypothetical to compare it to Red Bull's teams.

US sports fans in general are frontrunners. For the big teams like the Heat you will see plastic fans all over the country. In a city with multiple teams you will see loyal fans in the areas nearby the stadiums (for example the Yankees have the majority of fans in the Bronx but the Mets have the majority of fans in Queens) but in the other, unrepresented areas its a mix fans from both teams. Contrast this to a place like London for example where you have many teams in the Premier League and pretty all areas of the city are represented somewhere in the Football League. In American sports a city has at most 2 teams. This partially has to do with the size of the country and partly to do with the closed league system which limits the number of professional teams that can exist (meaning to maximize TV money they must spread the teams out throughout the country).

Football fans here for the most part stick to their local team. The only time things really ever change is if new clubs come into existence. For example, most fans in Indianapolis were fans of Chicago Fire (the closest team to them) until a 2nd division team was founded there recently and they all switched to supporting the new team. Yeah, there are typical American sports fans which like the Galaxy for no other reason than their image and their trophies, but compared to other sports its much less prevalent. The typical American frontrunner fans are usually ignore American clubs altogether and only watch Champions League and/or Premier League on TV.

Chivas is an abysmally run club by a terrible owner with plans to operate Chivas as a reserve team for the actual Chivas team in Mexico. Meanwhile the Galaxy won three trophies in the last two years with famous players. You can see why no one follows Chivas, and they're being put up for sale by the owner.

well I'm saying this but it's everywhere the same actually... in any country the clubs with the most trophies have the most fans all around the country. Funny thing for example is the Juventus. In Turin more people are Torino fans, but the juve has the number 1 fanbase all around italy.
Major betiko

PreviousNext

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,