Conquer Club

Football (real)

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Football (real)

Postby nietzsche on Wed Nov 16, 2016 2:40 pm

Mou
Klopp
Conte
Pep
Ancelotti
Simeone

you're a little bitch betiko because i asked if i was forgetting someone and you didn't say anything and saved it for the forum.

And are you seriously going to insist on Sampaoli?

Porto[210]

Primeira Liga: 2002–03, 2003–04
Taça de Portugal: 2002–03
Supertaça Cândido de Oliveira: 2003
UEFA Champions League: 2003–04
UEFA Cup: 2002–03

Chelsea[210]

Premier League: 2004–05, 2005–06, 2014–15
FA Cup: 2006–07
Football League Cup: 2004–05, 2006–07, 2014–15
FA Community Shield: 2005

Inter Milan[210]

Serie A: 2008–09, 2009–10
Coppa Italia: 2009–10
Supercoppa Italiana: 2008
UEFA Champions League: 2009–10

Real Madrid[210]

La Liga: 2011–12
Copa del Rey: 2010–11
Supercopa de España: 2012

Manchester United[210]

FA Community Shield: 2016

Sampaoli had his first tittle with U de Chile in 2011, he jumped to la Roja after a succesful year (1 year) with U de Chile. Chile has an excellent generation of players that showed it one again, after Sampaoli left, they won again the America Cup. Sevilla is full of good players and is the Europa League champion of the last two years, so he being second place of La Liga right now doesn't mean much.

Maybe Sampaoli really is a good coach, it's just not possible to say right now.
el cartoncito mas triste del mundo
General nietzsche

Postby betiko on Wed Nov 16, 2016 6:50 pm

waauw wrote:
betiko wrote:
nietzsche wrote:USMNT lmao

what does that mean?

anyways... I wanted to bet with Nietzsche that chelsea wins the league this season; because Conte is the best coach; and he doesn't believe me when I tell him that Mourinho is over. He isn't a top coach anymore.

Oh and yes; for me Jorge Sampaoli is one of the top coaches and he doesn't believe me. Simeone too. So no; I don't think the EPL has 4/5 best coaches on the planet; as he agrees that Ancelotti is on that list.

What would be your current top 5 coaches worldwide?

I must agree. Footballing style is changing, but it seems Mourinho hasn't changed with it. As for top 5 coaches worldwide:
  • Guardiola
  • Conte
  • Simeone
  • Koeman
  • Joachim Löw

ps: Ancelotti, despite the enormous budget advantages is still only shared first in the Bundesliga. If anything RBL's manager is currently performing better than Ancelotti.

If so julian Nagelsmann from Hoffenheim is far more impressive than the leipzig coach, he s not even 30 yo.
Oh and yeah, ok to put Löw. But Koeman, are you high on something? If for you Koeman is a better coach than Ancelotti, then i won t even bother to discuss any further. They are not remotely in the same league, and koeman isn't remotely in the top 20 managers. He was a great player, but he's done shit all as a coach. Even Deschamps isn't in the same league.
Yeah, and Koeman 4th and you don't even put Klopp... I seriously hope you re just trolling.
Major betiko

Postby betiko on Wed Nov 16, 2016 7:04 pm

nietzsche wrote:Mou
Klopp
Conte
Pep
Ancelotti
Simeone

you're a little bitch betiko because i asked if i was forgetting someone and you didn't say anything and saved it for the forum.

And are you seriously going to insist on Sampaoli?

Porto[210]

Primeira Liga: 2002–03, 2003–04
Taça de Portugal: 2002–03
Supertaça Cândido de Oliveira: 2003
UEFA Champions League: 2003–04
UEFA Cup: 2002–03

Chelsea[210]

Premier League: 2004–05, 2005–06, 2014–15
FA Cup: 2006–07
Football League Cup: 2004–05, 2006–07, 2014–15
FA Community Shield: 2005

Inter Milan[210]

Serie A: 2008–09, 2009–10
Coppa Italia: 2009–10
Supercoppa Italiana: 2008
UEFA Champions League: 2009–10

Real Madrid[210]

La Liga: 2011–12
Copa del Rey: 2010–11
Supercopa de España: 2012

Manchester United[210]

FA Community Shield: 2016

Sampaoli had his first tittle with U de Chile in 2011, he jumped to la Roja after a succesful year (1 year) with U de Chile. Chile has an excellent generation of players that showed it one again, after Sampaoli left, they won again the America Cup. Sevilla is full of good players and is the Europa League champion of the last two years, so he being second place of La Liga right now doesn't mean much.

Maybe Sampaoli really is a good coach, it's just not possible to say right now.

Emery won 3 europa leagues straight with sevilla not just 2.
And yes, Sampaoli was Bielsa's disciple and second coach of chile. He understands his attack strategies but in a more balanced way; and he isn't fucking nuts as Bielsa. I agree that he hasn t proven enough just yet, but the way sevilla plays this year has nothing to do with the way they played with Emery. I wouldn't be surprised if they played for the league till the end. And no, don t make me want this as I hate this bitch club. But I really like that coach tbh.

Regarding Mourinho, he has been the best coach of the last decade with ancelotti and pep for sure. But while the other 2 still have a lot to offer... Mourinho never reinvented himself. His tactics don t work anymore and he can t control his players like he did before. He is showing signs of nervous breakdown since his last season in madrid. I m telling you... he is finished. From now on, he s just going to tarnish his reputation.

I d agree that right now the number 1 is Conte. Chelsea is really impressive.
Major betiko

Postby waauw on Wed Nov 16, 2016 7:09 pm

betiko wrote:
waauw wrote:
betiko wrote:
nietzsche wrote:USMNT lmao

what does that mean?

anyways... I wanted to bet with Nietzsche that chelsea wins the league this season; because Conte is the best coach; and he doesn't believe me when I tell him that Mourinho is over. He isn't a top coach anymore.

Oh and yes; for me Jorge Sampaoli is one of the top coaches and he doesn't believe me. Simeone too. So no; I don't think the EPL has 4/5 best coaches on the planet; as he agrees that Ancelotti is on that list.

What would be your current top 5 coaches worldwide?

I must agree. Footballing style is changing, but it seems Mourinho hasn't changed with it. As for top 5 coaches worldwide:
  • Guardiola
  • Conte
  • Simeone
  • Koeman
  • Joachim Löw

ps: Ancelotti, despite the enormous budget advantages is still only shared first in the Bundesliga. If anything RBL's manager is currently performing better than Ancelotti.

If so julian Nagelsmann from Hoffenheim is far more impressive than the leipzig coach, he s not even 30 yo.
Oh and yeah, ok to put Löw. But Koeman, are you high on something? If for you Koeman is a better coach than Ancelotti, then i won t even bother to discuss any further. They are not remotely in the same league, and koeman isn't remotely in the top 20 managers. He was a great player, but he's done shit all as a coach. Even Deschamps isn't in the same league.
Yeah, and Koeman 4th and you don't even put Klopp... I seriously hope you re just trolling.

I like Koeman. He's come a long way in his managing career and I like what he's doing at Everton currently. As for Klopp, I somehow forgot about him. My bad there.
Deschamps is not bad, but not great either. I find him... limited in his capabilities.
Lieutenant waauw

Postby betiko on Thu Nov 17, 2016 3:43 am

Deschamps does not make his teams play well, but he makes them win.
He started with Monaco that was doing pretty bad, won a french league cup and went to the 2004 champion s league final eliminating real madrid and chelsea, but with Giuly Morientes and other key players injured for the final lost against mourinho's Porto.
Then he coached the Juve that was in serie B and starting with -15pts or so.. and won the league easy.
He then left for marseille where he won the league (the club hadn t won it in over 20 years) and 3 french league cups in 3 years.
He then took over a morbid french national team, brought them back on track with a quarter final lost 1-0 against Germany the future winner; and we almost became european champions this summer after taking a revenge in semis against Germany.

Not saying he's one of the very best as he is too result oriented and defensive, but he sure has proved more than Koeman. deschamps has always met or been above expectations; Koeman has been below expectations in most all of his clubs. I remember how catastrophical he was with Valencia for example... And seriously, everton is 7th, what should we say about Rainieri then?
Major betiko

Postby waauw on Thu Nov 17, 2016 5:33 am

betiko wrote:Deschamps does not make his teams play well, but he makes them win.
He started with Monaco that was doing pretty bad, won a french league cup and went to the 2004 champion s league final eliminating real madrid and chelsea, but with Giuly Morientes and other key players injured for the final lost against mourinho's Porto.
Then he coached the Juve that was in serie B and starting with -15pts or so.. and won the league easy.
He then left for marseille where he won the league (the club hadn t won it in over 20 years) and 3 french league cups in 3 years.
He then took over a morbid french national team, brought them back on track with a quarter final lost 1-0 against Germany the future winner; and we almost became european champions this summer after taking a revenge in semis against Germany.

Not saying he's one of the very best as he is too result oriented and defensive, but he sure has proved more than Koeman. deschamps has always met or been above expectations; Koeman has been below expectations in most all of his clubs. I remember how catastrophical he was with Valencia for example... And seriously, everton is 7th, what should we say about Rainieri then?

Ranieri if anything showed himself to be an excellent scout. Great eye for talent.
Lieutenant waauw

Postby betiko on Thu Nov 17, 2016 6:01 pm

waauw wrote:
betiko wrote:Deschamps does not make his teams play well, but he makes them win.

Ranieri if anything showed himself to be an excellent scout. Great eye for talent.

excellent scout? you might need to know that his role in this area is extremely limited, as for 90% of the coaches. Steve Walsh and Jon Rudkin are the ones who built up the whole Leicester project and recruitment.. including Rainieri.
Rainieri managed to find the best system and to put the pieces together and to be a great motivator and inspiration for his players.

So a big question. How to consider Luis Enrique compared to Guardiola? Isn't Luis Enrique a bit under rated?
Major betiko

Postby waauw on Thu Nov 17, 2016 7:02 pm

betiko wrote:So a big question. How to consider Luis Enrique compared to Guardiola? Isn't Luis Enrique a bit under rated?

Hard to rate him since his running 3 up front would probably wreck havoc against most teams regardless of who's in charge.
Lieutenant waauw

Postby betiko on Fri Nov 18, 2016 7:50 am

waauw wrote:
betiko wrote:So a big question. How to consider Luis Enrique compared to Guardiola? Isn't Luis Enrique a bit under rated?

Hard to rate him since his running 3 up front would probably wreck havoc against most teams regardless of who's in charge.

Well, Real Madrid has Bale Cristiano and Benzema, not like they don't have competition.
He was doing pretty well with the Celta de Vigo before Barcelona.
Since he's there; he's won 2/2 ligas; 2/2 copas del rey; won the champions league the first year but got eliminated in semis last year by its kryptonite... the Atletico! (guardiola's barça got eliminated by mourinho's inter in semi finals the second year too)
In 2015, he didn't manage to get the 6 cups as guardiola did in 2009, just losing the spanish supercup (probably the least important of all 6 trophies) as they didn't take seriously the first leg against the Athletic and lost 4-0 the away before winning the home game, but with not enough goals
2016 he won the liga, the copa del rey, and the spanish supercup... basically all that was winnable domestically.
He won all the prizes possible of the best coach of 2015. Yet.. no one wants to put him on his best coach list. And yet... everybody thinks Guardiola is a much better coach. Frank Rijkaard won the champions league 2006 with barcelona; and a lot of these players were still there with Guardiola.
Major betiko

Postby waauw on Wed Mar 08, 2017 8:09 pm

PSG what in the actual f*ck?!
Lieutenant waauw

Postby nietzsche on Wed Mar 08, 2017 8:11 pm

well, yeah, but also, the penalties..
General nietzsche

Postby nagerous on Wed Mar 08, 2017 8:35 pm

No mention of Pochetinno?
Captain nagerous

Postby waauw on Thu Mar 09, 2017 6:16 am

nagerous wrote:No mention of Pochetinno?

One difference, Tottenham sucks. The only player they have that could've made a creative difference got sent off with a horror tackle, and Harry Kane is one of the most overvalued strikers in the world right now. Fine for domestique league, but absolute shit internationally.
Lieutenant waauw

Postby nietzsche on Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:36 am

I don't know how valuated or not Kane is in Europe, but the few times i've seen him play i think he's an excellent player and will soon be merengue.
General nietzsche

Postby waauw on Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:08 am

nietzsche wrote:I don't know how valuated or not Kane is in Europe, but the few times i've seen him play i think he's an excellent player and will soon be merengue.

He's a good finisher but that's about it. He works hard but lacks that extra spark to carry the attack himself, like Aguero does at ManC. In modern football to become one of the best you need to be a complete striker, which Kane will never be. He's not agile enough, not technical enough and certainly not fast enough. The guy might be usefull against mediocre PL-teams and europa-league teams, but Tottenham needs higher calibre if they ever want to win prestigious prizes.
Lieutenant waauw

Postby tzor on Thu Mar 09, 2017 2:11 pm

waauw wrote:One difference, Tottenham sucks.

If Tottenham sucks why are they in the number two slot on the Premier League standings? :lol:

(Points wise tied with Man City, not that this across the pond NYCFC fan would notice.)

Or is Tottenham like the NY Rangers in hockey, as an Islander fan we know they "Suck" even though they are way above us in a playoff spot.

Oh and while I am at it MLS, "A real man's League" has just started. I'm going to the NYCFC home game this Sunday. REAL MEN PLAY IN SUB ZERO (C) TEMPERATURES. (Partly Cloudy -2°-10°)
Cadet tzor

Postby waauw on Thu Mar 09, 2017 3:12 pm

tzor wrote:
waauw wrote:One difference, Tottenham sucks.

If Tottenham sucks why are they in the number two slot on the Premier League standings? :lol:

(Points wise tied with Man City, not that this across the pond NYCFC fan would notice.)

Or is Tottenham like the NY Rangers in hockey, as an Islander fan we know they "Suck" even though they are way above us in a playoff spot.

Oh and while I am at it MLS, "A real man's League" has just started. I'm going to the NYCFC home game this Sunday. REAL MEN PLAY IN SUB ZERO (C) TEMPERATURES. (Partly Cloudy -2°-10°)

There is a difference between EPL and european football.
Lieutenant waauw

Postby nietzsche on Fri Jun 02, 2017 10:18 am

A POR LA DUODECIMA!!!

General nietzsche

Postby iAmCaffeine on Fri Jun 02, 2017 10:55 am

I've barely followed anything for ages because I got bored of the Italian takeover at Leeds, although we barely missed out on play-offs this season which is an improvement. I did notice however, that RB Leipzig finished 2nd in the Bundesliga in their first ever time playing in the league. That's seriously impressive! How did that happen?!
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby betiko on Fri Jun 02, 2017 4:58 pm

iAmCaffeine wrote:I've barely followed anything for ages because I got bored of the Italian takeover at Leeds, although we barely missed out on play-offs this season which is an improvement. I did notice however, that RB Leipzig finished 2nd in the Bundesliga in their first ever time playing in the league. That's seriously impressive! How did that happen?!

Great planning and recruitment strategies. They ve basically climbed the leagues ladder year after year in germany, but also with the experience of the red bull saltzbourg, NY red bulls, and some red bull teams in ghana and brazil. They buy promissing talents and keep them long enough to see them blossom, and they lend players between all their teams with a global strategy. Gerard Houiller takes part in the general strategy. They also have a very good coach.

Forza Juve!
Tomorrow 2-1 for la juve

Yesterday it was the female champions league final and it was PSG vs OL.. unfortunately that will never happen in male football lol. This alex morgan sucks. Is she good only for bathing suit pics?
Major betiko

Postby iAmCaffeine on Fri Jun 02, 2017 5:27 pm

Yeah I heard a lot of it comes from the Red Bull backing. Also don't they pay for coaches so their fans can get to away games because they don't have a very big following?
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby nietzsche on Sat Jun 03, 2017 4:12 pm

HALA MADRID!!!

PIQUE! CABRON! SALUDA AL CAMPEON!!
General nietzsche

Postby betiko on Sat Jun 03, 2017 5:09 pm

well congrats niet (even though i shouldn t talk to you as you stopped talking to me.)

so zidane arrived last year in january or march; benitez left him with a shit situation and an absolute impossibility to win the liga... he almost managed an epic comeback in la liga, and won the champions league, then this year he becomes the first coach to win two straight champions league, and the first to win a liga+champions league for the real madrid since the 1950s or so with di stefano..
pretty impressive, as it's so fucking hard to manage that club. Since he is zidane, and he has such a history as a real madrid player, the pressure has not been the same since his arrival. I wonder what will happen if next year he has 2-3 bad monthes, if florentino will trash him as he always does. probably not! I guess he can do a full bad season and still stay in place, he's earned that much credit! yes... a full bad season next year under florentino and he wouldn't get sacked. that's what i think.
Major betiko

Postby mrswdk on Sat Jun 03, 2017 5:21 pm

Yeah, pretty impressive. For his next trick he'll probably take over as CEO of McDonald's and turn it into a successful burger chain.
Lieutenant mrswdk

Postby tzor on Sat Jun 03, 2017 6:06 pm

Click image to enlarge.

Match Recap: NYCFC 2-1 Philadelphia Union
Defenders Maxime Chanot and Alexander Callens both scored their first goals for NYCFC to get the boys in blue back to winning ways at Yankee Stadium.

Down 1-0 to Philadelphia Union with ten minutes to play, it was a dramatic comeback from Patrick Vieira’s men which gave them a first win in three.

An often frustrating encounter against a staunch Union side, it was a deserved win on the balance of play and leaves NYCFC with a 7-5-3 record through 15.
Cadet tzor

PreviousNext

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,