Conquer Club

Football (real)

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Football (real)

Postby GreecePwns on Sun May 20, 2012 2:07 am

FOX had Brad Freidel as part of the pre-game and post-game commentary team. Everything he said before the game indicated a potential 8-0 Bayern scoreline. Not a word from him after. He just sat there, on the borderline between wanting to punch a hole in a wall and cry his eyes out.
Chariot of Fire wrote:As for GreecePwns.....yeah, what? A massive debt. Get a job you slacker.

Viceroy wrote:[The Biblical creation story] was written in a time when there was no way to confirm this fact and is in fact a statement of the facts.
Corporal GreecePwns

Postby nietzsche on Sun May 20, 2012 2:35 am

Lame champions league final. What happened? Easy, luck happened.

Chelsea was not a good rival for the final and still they won. Go figure.
el cartoncito mas triste del mundo
General nietzsche

Postby Lord and Master on Sun May 20, 2012 4:59 am

Sniper08 wrote:
Lord+Master wrote:
ps just what did sempaispellcheck say?!

about chelsea sitting back and defending to win titles instead of attacking, idk it sounded like a rant when i read it i guess he was pissed bayern lost :lol:

Is that all? Bah! Thought it must've been a juicy expletive filled post with the contrite tone of his edit!

Sniper08 wrote:well they won it and considering the match the probably just about deserved it considering all of bayern's wasted chances, robben you bastard you cost me €20 :x

Unlucky mate, yeah Chelsea are jammy boring turds! At least Bayern put an effort in, Chelsea did bugger all til the very end...
Lieutenant Lord and Master

Postby chang50 on Sun May 20, 2012 5:55 am

Lord+Master wrote:
Sniper08 wrote:
Lord+Master wrote:

about chelsea sitting back and defending to win titles instead of attacking, idk it sounded like a rant when i read it i guess he was pissed bayern lost :lol:

Is that all? Bah! Thought it must've been a juicy expletive filled post with the contrite tone of his edit!

Sniper08 wrote:well they won it and considering the match the probably just about deserved it considering all of bayern's wasted chances, robben you bastard you cost me €20 :x

Unlucky mate, yeah Chelsea are jammy boring turds! At least Bayern put an effort in, Chelsea did bugger all til the very end...

I would'nt care at all about being defensive or boring if I was a Chelsea fan now,their tactics were right for the occasion as the final result shows :) :)
Captain chang50

Postby betiko on Sun May 20, 2012 6:33 am

epic chelsea! incredible what di matteo managed to acheive when he took the team, who would ve thought? funniest part is how tottenham won't go to the champion's league after that.
the semi finals and the final were all just epic if you have a little sympathy for them. crazy scenarios in all those games, really happy for them, london deserved it's first champion's league ever.
Major betiko

Postby sempaispellcheck on Sun May 20, 2012 6:44 am

Sniper08 wrote:
Lord+Master wrote:

Yes, it was a rant. Short and clean, but still a rant, and that's why I took it down. I was pissed, and I am pissed, and I still feel the same way, but I probably should have just kept it to myself.
High score: 2200 - July 20, 2015
Game 13890915 - in which I helped clinch the NC4 title for LHDD

Lieutenant sempaispellcheck

Location: Among the clouds and the skyscrapers, saving the world.

Postby chang50 on Sun May 20, 2012 6:48 am

Amazing season all round,Chelsea win the CL,with a new manager,City win the EPL after 44 years,NUFC finish 5th, 2nd season up,and qualify for Europe.Can't wait for next year.it will be a hard act to follow..
Captain chang50

Postby JoshyBoy on Sun May 20, 2012 12:10 pm

nietzsche wrote:Lame champions league final. What happened? Easy, luck happened.

Exactly. Bayern were unlucky not to have at least 5 or 6 by half time. What a load of pish.
drunkmonkey wrote:I honestly wonder why anyone becomes a mod on this site. You're the whiniest bunch of players imaginable.

Ron Burgundy wrote:Why don't you go back to your home on Whore Island?
Lieutenant JoshyBoy

Postby Sniper08 on Sun May 20, 2012 12:21 pm

JoshyBoy wrote:
nietzsche wrote:Lame champions league final. What happened? Easy, luck happened.

Exactly. Bayern were unlucky not to have at least 5 or 6 by half time. What a load of pish.

you cant blame luck on them winning, bayern didnt take there multiple chances to score and chelsea did. while i wanted bayern to win you cant fault chelsea for actually putting the ball in the net when presented with an opportunity. Gomez missed chance after chance in that game and robben missed a peno what did want chelsea to do let them walk the ball into the net? :lol:
Colonel Sniper08
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Pirlo on Sun May 20, 2012 12:23 pm

Bayern's coach made a fatal mistake when he replaced Moller... Bayern dramatically lost most midfield battles.. Mario Gomez was a disgrace last night too; 20 corners and a good amount of cross balls with zero effect. didn't see Gomez fighting for an air ball or even jumping at least! Chelsea got a single corner and used it successfully.

On the other hand, Chelsea showed a firm will and solid defense. Cech was awesome, so were David Luiz and Gary Cahill. Now Abramovic is expected to stfu and sit to watch with no over-spending for a while; otherwise, he'd be a mere dumb!
Captain Pirlo

Postby Lord and Master on Sun May 20, 2012 3:09 pm

sempaispellcheck wrote:
Sniper08 wrote:
Lord+Master wrote:

Yes, it was a rant. Short and clean, but still a rant, and that's why I took it down. I was pissed, and I am pissed, and I still feel the same way, but I probably should have just kept it to myself.

One mans rant is another's comedy gold. I'm partial to the odd rant myself ;)

Glad I'm not a Spurs fan, or there'd be the mother of all rants here, how vexed must they be?!

Postby sempaispellcheck on Sun May 20, 2012 3:32 pm

Lord+Master wrote:One mans rant is another's comedy gold.

Yes, but like most people, I prefer not to be laughed at. :P
High score: 2200 - July 20, 2015
Game 13890915 - in which I helped clinch the NC4 title for LHDD

Lieutenant sempaispellcheck

Location: Among the clouds and the skyscrapers, saving the world.

Postby JoshyBoy on Sun May 20, 2012 4:07 pm

Anyway... as an Arsenal fan, I wanted Chelsea to win. No Champions League for Spurs.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!
drunkmonkey wrote:I honestly wonder why anyone becomes a mod on this site. You're the whiniest bunch of players imaginable.

Lieutenant JoshyBoy

Postby nagerous on Sun May 20, 2012 4:08 pm

Lord+Master wrote:
sempaispellcheck wrote:
Sniper08 wrote:
Lord+Master wrote:

One mans rant is another's comedy gold. I'm partial to the odd rant myself ;)

Glad I'm not a Spurs fan, or there'd be the mother of all rants here, how vexed must they be?!

Well I am a Spurs fan, there's no point getting agitated about it though - gotta just commend Chelsea on their performance. A lot of my family support Chelsea so I was supporting them with them, call me a traitor or what not..
Captain nagerous

Postby JoshyBoy on Sun May 20, 2012 6:23 pm

Sorry nag, I do like you. This is from me to all the Spurs fans out there.... London is red. Always has been, always will be. Nice history, mind that gap.

Boom. Goodnight.

Lieutenant JoshyBoy

Postby Pedronicus on Sun May 20, 2012 6:34 pm

Go on West Ham!
Highest position 7th. Highest points 3311 All of my graffiti can be found here
Major Pedronicus

Postby Sniper08 on Sun May 20, 2012 6:37 pm

lol nice one JB , one of the best posts in ages in this thread
Colonel Sniper08
SoC Training Adviser

Postby nagerous on Sun May 20, 2012 6:55 pm

You may be joyous Joshy, but the gap has been dropped from previous seasons to only the 1 point and we also finished above Chelsea, supposed Champions of Europe. This shows that Spurs are on the rise... meanwhile Arsenal, didn't they used to be title contenders? How many points were you behind the winners were you this season? And... one player held your team together this season, Mr Van Persie, without him you guys were nothing and he looks like he is out the door from what I hear from the press.
Captain nagerous

Postby JoshyBoy on Mon May 21, 2012 3:54 am

nagerous wrote:You may be joyous Joshy, but the gap has been dropped from previous seasons to only the 1 point and we also finished above Chelsea, supposed Champions of Europe. This shows that Spurs are on the rise... meanwhile Arsenal, didn't they used to be title contenders? How many points were you behind the winners were you this season? And... one player held your team together this season, Mr Van Persie, without him you guys were nothing and he looks like he is out the door from what I hear from the press.

Ah nag... :roll:

Please remember that this season, one of the best Spurs sides for a while could not manage to finish above one of the worst Arsenal sides for a while. You have not closed the gap, you never will. Arsenal will always be better.

We never claimed to be title contenders this year, while you did. We know our place, and right now, it's not as title contenders. We've had to sit back and watch these past 7 years as first Chelsea and now Man City have bought their way to the top of the tree. If neither of those two teams had foreign investors, the past seven years would have been a different story. We will rise again, never fear.

Finally, listen to the press all you want, they know shit. In my opinion, it's no big loss if Robin moves on, because he is worth so much now, we'll be able to cash in on him big style ie. £45-50mil.

Oh, one final thing. Arsenal are the only English team to earn the name of The Invincibles and The Comeback Kings (reinforced that one this season).

Lieutenant JoshyBoy

Postby Sniper08 on Mon May 21, 2012 8:54 am

JoshyBoy wrote:Oh, one final thing. Arsenal are the only English team to earn the name of The Invincibles and The Comeback Kings (reinforced that one this season).

comeback kings? i wonder what other team is famous for always coming back late on and scoring to win games, you know what i seems to remember a famous instant of it happen somewhere in the ninties CL final i wonder which final it was , joshy can you help me out on this one :lol:

arsenal are the comeback princes but there is only one king ;)
Colonel Sniper08
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Lord and Master on Mon May 21, 2012 9:19 am

Pedronicus wrote:Go on West Ham!

Yep, straight back down! And Reading, to be joined by either Wigan (if Martinez leaves) or Swansea (2nd season syndrome). I reckon Southampton will struggle but just manage to stay up...
United to win everything in fucking sight ;) b

Postby nagerous on Mon May 21, 2012 10:32 am

Lord+Master wrote:
Pedronicus wrote:Go on West Ham!

Yep, straight back down! And Reading, to be joined by either Wigan (if Martinez leaves) or Swansea (2nd season syndrome). I reckon Southampton will struggle but just manage to stay up...
United to win everything in fucking sight ;) b

Swansea are the shit and won't go down unless they lose 2 or 3 of Sigurdsson, Sinclair, Vorm and Graham over the summer. Norwich will fall or Villa.
Captain nagerous

Postby pmchugh on Mon May 21, 2012 11:41 am

Man joshy you really do hate tottenham, it's disgusting.
2009-08-12 03:35:31 - Squirrels Hat: MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!
2009-08-12 03:44:25 - Mr. Squirrel: Do you think my hat will attack me?
Major pmchugh

Postby nagerous on Mon May 21, 2012 11:44 am

Captain nagerous

Postby Lord and Master on Mon May 21, 2012 2:47 pm

nagerous wrote:Swansea are the shit and won't go down unless they lose 2 or 3 of Sigurdsson, Sinclair, Vorm and Graham over the summer. Norwich will fall or Villa.

Oh I'd forgotten Villa, fair enough West Ham, Reading and Villa...

PreviousNext

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,