Conquer Club

What are your feelings on China's ban on Reincarnation

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: What are your feelings on China's ban on Reincarnation

Postby Koronna on Fri Aug 17, 2007 9:46 pm

Stopper wrote:
Koronna wrote:
Stopper wrote:
Koronna wrote:This following link is to a book that has caused at least 20 million Chinese to quit the communist party. the number is growing. the communist's fall is looming.

I don't support the CCP either, but be careful what you wish for. When the Soviets fell, it was a disaster for Russia for at least the ten years following 1991.

Well one can't be afraid of change because of the short term aftermath. For the greater and longer good, we should wish for what is the best in the long term for China.

Well, I won't press the point too hard. For one thing, I don't know a lot about China or anything, and I wasn't sure what direction you were coming from when you first posted. I thought you might be a western Trotskyist or something - but you certainly didn't sound like the average American right-winger who presumes to know what is best for the rest of the world - and, well, you aren't.

I find opposition to the Chinese regime awkward to deal with. I'm as aware as I can be of how murderous it can be towards its citizens, but China has also been posting near-double-digit GDP growth for many, many years, and is lifting hundreds of millions of people out of poverty. As long as this keeps happening, it isn't immediately obvious to me that rocking the boat is the best thing for China.

Ironically the growth of China's GDP began when Dun Xiao Ping introduced free market into China in the 70's. If we take a look at China's economy at the moment, it is evidently Capalistic; which is what communists fundamentally fight against. China had adapted a free and Capalist economy, and the next step is towards democracy. The fall of Communism in China can ultimately be not as distatrous as that in Russia; in fact, the fall of communism in many countries such as Poland, Bulgaria, Hungary, Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania were peaceful and did not cause great social disturbance. China can undergo gradual and peaceful transition, because China's society is developed enough to handle this. Of course, I'm not stating that there wouldn't be problems, but I believe China can handle an elite lead transition pretty well - and the inital setbacks will be compensated in the later years as the China - U.s and China - Eupropean Union, China - Taiwan and China - Tibet relations greatly improve.
Private 1st Class Koronna

Postby CrazyAnglican on Sat Aug 18, 2007 11:53 pm

glide to OnlyAmbrose wrote: I will not retract the coarse statements I have made, but will concede that you also have made some valid points. However, remember, doctors, lawyers, etc. who prey on children, do NOT turn around and put on the "pious" routine in their normal lives. They do not belong to an organization that ignores poverty and hunger while getting outrageously rich from their followers. And they do not anger me so consistently as does the high and mighty Catholic church.

So a pediatrician, who abuses his patient, is less objectionable than an institution which helps people out all over the world (ie. the many Roman Catholic charities). A random search of one diocese website showed over 300 entries for ways that the church is marshalling help for others.

http://www.archmil.org

just click on search and enter charities, and this is only one denomination in one city.

The evidence of the good that churches do is there if you are willing to see it.

Here's a report from Milwaukee of the work being done to prevent child abuse in that area.

http://www.archmil.org/resources/userfi ... ring03.pdf
Corporal CrazyAnglican

Postby Dancing Mustard on Sun Aug 19, 2007 1:31 pm

If China has banned regeneration then won't people die from minor scratches?
Wayne wrote:Wow, with a voice like that Dancing Mustard must get all the babes!

Garth wrote:Yeah, I bet he's totally studly and buff.
Corporal Dancing Mustard

Postby Norse on Sun Aug 19, 2007 1:44 pm

No, silly.....they're banning regurgitation.
b.k. barunt wrote:Snorri's like one of those fufu dogs who get all excited and dance around pissing on themself.

suggs wrote:scared off by all the pervs and wankers already? No? Then let me introduce myself, I'm Mr Pervy Wank.
Corporal 1st Class Norse

Postby Dancing Mustard on Sun Aug 19, 2007 1:46 pm

Oh I get it now... banning reciprocation makes much more sense

Corporal Dancing Mustard

Postby Norse on Sun Aug 19, 2007 1:52 pm

Dancing Mustard wrote:Oh I get it now... banning reciprocation makes much more sense

Damn straight! they don't like recycling, and neither do I.
b.k. barunt wrote:Snorri's like one of those fufu dogs who get all excited and dance around pissing on themself.

suggs wrote:scared off by all the pervs and wankers already? No? Then let me introduce myself, I'm Mr Pervy Wank.
Corporal 1st Class Norse

Postby Dancing Mustard on Sun Aug 19, 2007 7:02 pm

No I'm not fond of the Remington Corporation either; "I liked it so much I bought the company" my arse...

Corporal Dancing Mustard

Postby Norse on Mon Aug 20, 2007 10:26 am

But did they try to ban Rent-boys?....

no

Corporal 1st Class Norse

Postby muy_thaiguy on Mon Aug 20, 2007 1:43 pm

I wonder if they even are allowed to check out CC. (with all the restricitoins and all)
"Eh, whatever."
-Anonymous

What, you expected something deep or flashy?
Private 1st Class muy_thaiguy

Postby salvadevinemasse on Tue Aug 21, 2007 11:41 am

How can you ban something that you have ZERO control over? It'll happen anyways doesnt matter if its against the ban or not.... nice of them to notice that though right?
"angel by heart....mistress dressed sexy by night....and by day..just a cool person i guess" By BlueReaper

cawck mongler wrote:Your only option is to quit and become an anti-American Nazi that plays risk.

~*Salva*~
Cadet salvadevinemasse

Postby vtmarik on Tue Aug 21, 2007 12:21 pm

salvadevinemasse wrote:How can you ban something that you have ZERO control over? It'll happen anyways doesnt matter if its against the ban or not.... nice of them to notice that though right?

They hypnotize them, then do a past life regression.

If they regress to a past life, they get shot. If they don't, they get shot for wasting the governments resources
Initiate discovery! Fire the Machines! Throw the switch Igor! THROW THE F***ING SWITCH!
Cadet vtmarik

Postby salvadevinemasse on Tue Aug 21, 2007 12:31 pm

vtmarik wrote:
salvadevinemasse wrote:How can you ban something that you have ZERO control over? It'll happen anyways doesnt matter if its against the ban or not.... nice of them to notice that though right?

If they regress to a past life, they get shot. If they don't, they get shot for wasting the governments resources

Wouldnt that mean they are killing them all despite the ban?
"angel by heart....mistress dressed sexy by night....and by day..just a cool person i guess" By BlueReaper

cawck mongler wrote:Your only option is to quit and become an anti-American Nazi that plays risk.

~*Salva*~
Cadet salvadevinemasse

Postby vtmarik on Tue Aug 21, 2007 12:54 pm

salvadevinemasse wrote:
vtmarik wrote:

Efficiency! Besides, if the Buddhists are right then we all reincarnate.

I was kidding by the way...
Initiate discovery! Fire the Machines! Throw the switch Igor! THROW THE F***ING SWITCH!
Cadet vtmarik

Postby salvadevinemasse on Tue Aug 21, 2007 1:00 pm

vtmarik wrote:
salvadevinemasse wrote:
vtmarik wrote:

Efficiency! Besides, if the Buddhists are right then we all reincarnate.

I was kidding by the way...

lol you know me... serious way to much when it comes to the jokes :P

~*Salva*~
Cadet salvadevinemasse

Previous

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,