Conquer Club

Best Console

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Which is best

Total votes : 0

Postby cawck mongler on Sun Sep 02, 2007 2:25 pm

static_ice wrote:
Arbustos wrote:
static_ice wrote:
Fun Fact: Did you know? The Gamecube was actually more powerful than the PS2, at least thats what I heard, and you can tell from comparing screenshots of RE4

Yep, although it still doesn't redeem it as a console. I bought the thing for Melee, and to this day that's the only game I play on it (although I did break down and get Double Dash and Rebel Strike).

did you try Resident Evil 4? that's like the second best game on the system, IMO... or you could just buy the Wii version :lol:

Minister Mas
ket wrote:
Why should £300 be a top figure? Computers usually sell for well over that mark.
Don't forget that it costs about £850 to make a PS3, yet you can buy one for £425. Bargain!
Also don't forget that there will be a price drop come next year. There always is.

computers sell for more because they attract more committed gamers. Consoles are meant to be more casual and accessible by more financially-limited people. It doesn't matter if its a bargain, it still costs more. That's like trying to convince a homeless person to buy a multi-million dollar estate because he can get 90% off. He still can't afford it
:roll:

and there was already a price drop. Tell me, have you ever taken a business class? Businesses drop the prices of a product when the product isn't selling enough, and if the PS3 is dropping AGAIN then that's saying loads

Computers sell for more because they do other things then gaming. Even if they did just game though, they'd still be an alright deal, you can get emulators so its like all the consoles combined into one.
Sergeant cawck mongler

Postby Minister Masket on Sun Sep 02, 2007 2:48 pm

Titanic wrote:
Minister Masket wrote:
Titanic wrote:
Minister Masket wrote:
static_ice wrote:
Tell me, have you ever taken a business class? Businesses drop the prices of a product when the product isn't selling enough, and if the PS3 is dropping AGAIN then that's saying loads

Not true! All products drop in price after a certain amount of time. The same is said for consoles.

Not all products...

Normally price drops are just natural deterioration and the product becoming old and replaced. The PS3 isn even a year old, and theres been a price drop or two. Because Sony themselves dropped the prices, it means that the PS3 is not selling as well as they wanted it too.

What are you talking about? Everywhere I look, the PS3 is still selling for £425. The only difference is that now you get another console and game included. The real price drop will come next year, following the pattern of the PS1 + PS2.

In North America there has been a price drop. Sony decided to keep the PS3 at a ridiculous £425 in the UK. I think Australia is the only market in which they are outselling both the Wii and PS3, but that dusn make much difference in the big picture. Btw, the PS3 has actually shipped 1.8million more units that it has showed, which shows that demand for the PS3 has already faltered within its first year.

They will have to drop the price to about £250 before Christmas if they want to realistically catch up witht he 360, never mind the Wii.

In which case the PS3 wil be considered a bargain and will sell, sell, SELL!
cawck wrote:Computers sell for more because they do other things then gaming

So does the PS3. :roll:
Plays music and videos, can access the Internet, shows pictures, oh and it saves the world by researching cancer!
Victrix Fortuna Sapientia

Private Minister Masket

Postby reverend_kyle on Sun Sep 02, 2007 2:52 pm

I prefer the wii because I couldn't give a shit about graphics, but the ps3 is better in features.
DANCING MUSTARD FOR POOP IN '08!
Sergeant reverend_kyle

Postby 0ojakeo0 on Sun Sep 02, 2007 2:52 pm

ps
hecter wrote:Hey... If your donkey eats my roosters feet, that means I have two feet of my cock in your ass.
Corporal 1st Class 0ojakeo0

Postby Norse on Sun Sep 02, 2007 2:55 pm

Yup, gotta agree with the SNES, can't beat the original mario kart, or the mario-borthers game, the one where they had to rescue yoshi....can't remember the name.
b.k. barunt wrote:Snorri's like one of those fufu dogs who get all excited and dance around pissing on themself.

suggs wrote:scared off by all the pervs and wankers already? No? Then let me introduce myself, I'm Mr Pervy Wank.
Corporal 1st Class Norse

Postby pancakemix on Sun Sep 02, 2007 3:07 pm

Norse wrote:Yup, gotta agree with the SNES, can't beat the original mario kart, or the mario-borthers game, the one where they had to rescue yoshi....can't remember the name.

Who doesn't love the SNES?
Epic Win

"Always tell the truth. It's the easiest thing to remember." - Richard Roma, Glengarry Glen Ross

aage wrote:Never trust CYOC or pancake.
Corporal 1st Class pancakemix

Postby GreecePwns on Sun Sep 02, 2007 3:10 pm

Norse wrote:Yup, gotta agree with the SNES, can't beat the original mario kart, or the mario-borthers game, the one where they had to rescue yoshi....can't remember the name.

N64 Mario Kart was better, but the grand prix point system was a bit too biased toward top 3.

1st:9
2nd:6
3rd:3
4th:1
5th on: 0
Chariot of Fire wrote:As for GreecePwns.....yeah, what? A massive debt. Get a job you slacker.

Viceroy wrote:[The Biblical creation story] was written in a time when there was no way to confirm this fact and is in fact a statement of the facts.
Corporal GreecePwns

Postby cawck mongler on Sun Sep 02, 2007 5:33 pm

Minister Masket wrote:
Titanic wrote:
Minister Masket wrote:
Titanic wrote:
Minister Masket wrote:
static_ice wrote:
Tell me, have you ever taken a business class? Businesses drop the prices of a product when the product isn't selling enough, and if the PS3 is dropping AGAIN then that's saying loads

Not true! All products drop in price after a certain amount of time. The same is said for consoles.

Not all products...

Normally price drops are just natural deterioration and the product becoming old and replaced. The PS3 isn even a year old, and theres been a price drop or two. Because Sony themselves dropped the prices, it means that the PS3 is not selling as well as they wanted it too.

What are you talking about? Everywhere I look, the PS3 is still selling for £425. The only difference is that now you get another console and game included. The real price drop will come next year, following the pattern of the PS1 + PS2.

In North America there has been a price drop. Sony decided to keep the PS3 at a ridiculous £425 in the UK. I think Australia is the only market in which they are outselling both the Wii and PS3, but that dusn make much difference in the big picture. Btw, the PS3 has actually shipped 1.8million more units that it has showed, which shows that demand for the PS3 has already faltered within its first year.

They will have to drop the price to about £250 before Christmas if they want to realistically catch up witht he 360, never mind the Wii.

In which case the PS3 wil be considered a bargain and will sell, sell, SELL!
cawck wrote:Computers sell for more because they do other things then gaming

So does the PS3. :roll:
Plays music and videos, can access the Internet, shows pictures, oh and it saves the world by researching cancer!

Who the f*ck would want to do all that on a console? Your pretty much saying its a very shitty computer that still can't emulate stuff. Also, all the consoles have price drops, once they work out the bugs and are able to manufacture them cheaply, I don't see why that matters though, because its still an overpriced retarded system that only retards buy. And if you've already bought it then why do you care if its price goes down in the future? That just means yours is going to be worth less (moot point, as its already worthless).
Sergeant cawck mongler

Postby static_ice on Sun Sep 02, 2007 8:13 pm

cawck mongler wrote:
Computers sell for more because they do other things then gaming. Even if they did just game though, they'd still be an alright deal, you can get emulators so its like all the consoles combined into one.

well I was talking about gaming computers seeing that those are the only ones you can decently play games on :roll:
R.I.P. Chef
Sergeant static_ice

Postby Kaplowitz on Sun Sep 02, 2007 8:55 pm

graphing calculater :roll:
Private 1st Class Kaplowitz

Postby reverend_kyle on Sun Sep 09, 2007 6:48 pm

im posting this from aps3 its the shit
DANCING MUSTARD FOR POOP IN '08!
Sergeant reverend_kyle

Previous

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,