Conquer Club

Are there chavs in America?

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Are there?

Total votes : 0

Postby Nephilim on Wed Aug 29, 2007 9:48 am

lol at all this......i have to disagree w/ meggy: the definition centers around gold, bling, street fashions....you know, imitations of black culture. they may be "trashy" in some sense, but like someone said, track suits are part of the equation here. not a lot of white/trailer trash wearing those in my experience.

i'd call them greyboys.....it's a little less offensive than wigger, and a little more encoded.
Liberté, egalité, cash moné

Hey, Fox News: Pedicabo ego vos et irrumabo

My heart beats with unconditional love
But beware of the blackness that it's capable of
Captain Nephilim

Postby Guiscard on Wed Aug 29, 2007 11:00 am

Nephilim wrote:lol at all this......i have to disagree w/ meggy: the definition centers around gold, bling, street fashions....you know, imitations of black culture. they may be "trashy" in some sense, but like someone said, track suits are part of the equation here. not a lot of white/trailer trash wearing those in my experience.

i'd call them greyboys.....it's a little less offensive than wigger, and a little more encoded.

Nope... it really doesn't focus on imitation of black culture. You get some farily ingrained racism in those considered 'Chavs'. Generally, it is a section of the working class population who wear sportswear, are loud, uncouth and often violent. The general trashiness is the key.

You get enough 'wiggas' from middle class backgrounds. Its not really a Chav thing by any stretch. Types of electronic music, for example Drum n Bass or Hardcore, are just as likely to fit in with a Chav's musical tastes as mainstream commercial rap!
qwert wrote:Can i ask you something?What is porpose for you to open these Political topic in ConquerClub? Why you mix politic with Risk? Why you not open topic like HOT AND SEXY,or something like that.
Private 1st Class Guiscard

Postby Nephilim on Wed Aug 29, 2007 12:06 pm

Simonov wrote:no, at least according to this definition:

Chav, Charv/Charver (male) and Chavette (female) ('ch' pronounced as in chair) are mainly derogatory slang terms in the United Kingdom for a subcultural stereotype fixated on fashions derived from American Hip-hop such as gold jewellery and designer clothing, combined with elements of working class British street fashion

ah, gotcha guiscard. i was following the above definition, but i'm sure you are more informed than wikipedia (or whatever) on the matter. apologies to meggy....i don't know what a chav is, so only going on what is see here.....

but w/ all this in mind, i'd say there isn't a true parallel in the states. we have white trash, but the rural/southern/country thing is a different dynamic. and i imagine our greyboys are different too.....

Captain Nephilim

Postby btownmeggy on Wed Aug 29, 2007 12:08 pm

Where I was first introduced to the concept of the chav:

http://www.boreme.com/boreme/funny-2005 ... ing-p1.php
Corporal btownmeggy

Postby Kaplowitz on Wed Aug 29, 2007 12:14 pm

muy_thaiguy wrote:
static_ice wrote:
muy_thaiguy wrote:
static_ice wrote::lol: offended? [size=0]...whitey[/size]

[size=0]jk[/size]
No, but it just bugs me that people pretend to be something they are not.

yeah of course, and asians can't be dumb and all mexicans duck when they hear a police siren :P
blacks are natural athletes, Jews are great with money. (Though I have yet to personally meet a stupid Asian. They are always taking the advanced courses where I live.)(Also, I have some Mexican friends that were born in the US, but glorify the whole Mexican stereotype, though not the one you have). :lol:

There is a kid in my school known as "The Stupid Asian".
Private 1st Class Kaplowitz

Postby Arbustos on Wed Aug 29, 2007 12:15 pm

muy_thaiguy wrote:
static_ice wrote:
muy_thaiguy wrote:

[size=0]jk[/size]

yeah of course, and asians can't be dumb and all mexicans duck when they hear a police siren :P
blacks are natural athletes, Jews are great with money. (Though I have yet to personally meet a stupid Asian. They are always taking the advanced courses where I live.)(Also, I have some Mexican friends that were born in the US, but glorify the whole Mexican stereotype, though not the one you have). :lol:

You know it :wink:
Sergeant 1st Class Arbustos

Postby muy_thaiguy on Wed Aug 29, 2007 12:18 pm

Arbustos wrote:
muy_thaiguy wrote:
static_ice wrote:
muy_thaiguy wrote:

[size=0]jk[/size]

You know it :wink:
Though I have heard tales of stupid Asians...
"Eh, whatever."
-Anonymous

What, you expected something deep or flashy?
Private 1st Class muy_thaiguy

Postby btownmeggy on Wed Aug 29, 2007 12:27 pm

muy_thaiguy wrote:Though I have heard tales of stupid Asians...

You guys just don't know enough Asians. I know a plethora of Asian 'tards.

But I have a cute story about a smart Asian. A couple of months ago, the New York Times wedding announcement section included the betrothal of two professors at Columbia Medical School or something of the sort. The bridegroom was the son of old New York financiers, grandson of the Honorable whoever of Somewhere, Connecticut. But the bride, THE BRIDE, was the daughter of restauranteurs (Chinese restaurant owners!!) of El Dorado, Arkansas (the boonies, FOR SURE!). I was so immensely proud. It was certainly the first time that someone from El Dorado, Arkansas (very close to where I grew up) was in the New York Times society pages!, and I was glad that it should be someone apparently smart and hardworking and industrious.
Corporal btownmeggy

Postby Arbustos on Wed Aug 29, 2007 12:49 pm

btownmeggy wrote:

But I have a cute story about a smart Asian. A couple of months ago, the New York Times wedding announcement section included the betrothal of two professors at Columbia Medical School or something of the sort. The bridegroom was the son of old New York financiers, grandson of the Honorable whoever of Somewhere, Connecticut. But the bride, THE BRIDE, was the daughter of restauranteurs (Chinese restaurant owners!!) of El Dorado, Arkansas (the boonies, FOR SURE!). I was so immensely proud. It was certainly the first time that someone from El Dorado, Arkansas (very close to where I grew up) was in the New York Times society pages!, and I was glad that it should be someone apparently smart and hardworking and industrious.

Lies! :lol:
No, I know some real idiots, too :wink:

El Dorado, eh? Where did you grow up?

Postby static_ice on Wed Aug 29, 2007 1:04 pm

btownmeggy wrote:

actually 95% of the kids at my church are at least half-asian and... hmm actually there are a couple of dumbasses but those are only the half breeds ( :P ) all the full asians I know are in fact pretty intelligent.
R.I.P. Chef
Sergeant static_ice

Postby freezie on Wed Aug 29, 2007 1:05 pm

You mean the kids who do drugs? Dont go to school?

Basicly, losers?

Yea..All over the world. ESPECIALLY in America.
Corporal 1st Class freezie

Postby Dancing Mustard on Wed Aug 29, 2007 1:07 pm

Does America have chavs?

America has B.K.Barunt.

So yes. America does have chavs.

There, uncle Mustard answers all your questions for you again. Genuflect.

Right now.
Wayne wrote:Wow, with a voice like that Dancing Mustard must get all the babes!

Garth wrote:Yeah, I bet he's totally studly and buff.
Corporal Dancing Mustard

Postby Arbustos on Wed Aug 29, 2007 1:17 pm

El Dorado actually has quite a few Asians... pretty smart kids :wink:

*this is not an attempted hijack*

Postby steve-O on Wed Aug 29, 2007 1:29 pm

there called wiggers
Cadet steve-O

Postby Arbustos on Wed Aug 29, 2007 1:30 pm

steve-O wrote:there called wiggers

Fastposted by about 19 hours :wink:

Postby Nephilim on Wed Aug 29, 2007 1:44 pm

btownmeggy wrote:Where I was first introduced to the concept of the chav:

http://www.boreme.com/boreme/funny-2005 ... ing-p1.php

now that is some good stuff right there :lol: :lol: :lol:

definitely white trash at it's finest, the only elements of hip hop culture i saw were the bride's cornrows (she looked really mannish) and the grooms little douchey braids.....classic

Captain Nephilim

Postby Strider24 on Wed Aug 29, 2007 2:21 pm

You can asways tell who is a chav or chavette at school.

1) They wear there trousers around there arse and just have their belt really tight.

2) There collars are always up rather then bent over like normal people.

3) They almost always have string bags with a nike logo or adidas, and if not it is either a pink bag or bag with graffiti all over it obviously made from nike etc.

4) And they speak in ther own language e.g. Bbbbbbbbbrrrrrrrrrrrrrruupp(t), ain'it init, blood etc

5) And there the people that think a Polygon is a a type of parrot, whales and dolphins are fish and usually have an IQ of -24 or below.
Tournament Wins:
Back to the Basics II
Sergeant Strider24

Postby btownmeggy on Wed Aug 29, 2007 10:38 pm

Arbustos wrote:El Dorado, eh? Where did you grow up?

A small town a ways outside of Texarkana, so obscure and unworthy that even real hick experts haven't heard of it, accessible only via FMs.
Corporal btownmeggy

Postby mybike_yourface on Tue Sep 11, 2007 2:09 am

we have are own versions. think of the size of the US compared to Brittian then imagine a different american version in every state, or maybe even every city. i think the chav prototype was invented here. you coppied us. think Jay of Jay and Silent Bob. that type of fool seems to be a perenial here no matter what state you're in.
Cadet mybike_yourface

Postby mybike_yourface on Tue Sep 11, 2007 2:13 am

steve-O wrote:there called wiggers

i thinkthe socialology involved is more complicated than that. think of guido's for instance.
Cadet mybike_yourface

Postby mr. incrediball on Tue Sep 11, 2007 11:00 am

wow, i thought chavs were our nation's great acheivment, and now it turns out america has all the rights to them as well :cry:
darvlay wrote:Get over it, people. It's just a crazy lookin' bear ejaculating into the waiting maw of an eager fox. Nothing more.
Cook mr. incrediball

Postby mybike_yourface on Thu Sep 13, 2007 12:07 am

mr. incrediball wrote:wow, i thought chavs were our nation's great acheivment, and now it turns out america has all the rights to them as well :cry:

hey, chavs are all yours. we just have our own version. if only we could have them fight each other...
Cadet mybike_yourface

Postby Fircoal on Thu Sep 13, 2007 12:26 am

yes they are called my schoolmates. :D

Not it's not that bad, but a lot of the people from the ghetto town above us are. >.< How much I hate that city.
Vote: Mandy
Eddie35: hi everyone
Serbia: YOU IDIOT! What is THAT supposed to be? Are you even TRYING to play this game?! Kill the idiot NOW please!
Skoffin wrote: So um.. er... I'll be honest, I don't know what the f*ck to do from here. Goddamnit chu.
Captain Fircoal

Postby Balsiefen on Thu Sep 13, 2007 2:39 am

mybike_yourface wrote:
mr. incrediball wrote:wow, i thought chavs were our nation's great acheivment, and now it turns out america has all the rights to them as well :cry:

hey, chavs are all yours. we just have our own version. if only we could have them fight each other...

Yes! wipe out the population on both sides of the atlantic! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Sergeant 1st Class Balsiefen

Location: The Ford of the Aldar in the East of the Kingdom of Lindissi

Postby heavycola on Thu Sep 13, 2007 4:01 am

Has no one mentioned xtratabasco? He is the answer you seek.
Corporal 1st Class heavycola

Previous

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,