Conquer Club

A Tribute to Jason Robinson (Rugby)

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

A Tribute to Jason Robinson (Rugby)

Postby Guiscard on Sat Sep 15, 2007 4:59 am

Anyone who's into Rugby Union and who watched last nights tragic performance against South Africa will have seen Robinson's hamstring injury towards the end of the game.

He's retiring after this world cup anyway, but its such a shame he had to go out like that (unless by freak chance its not all that bad and he gets another game...)

He's been constantly reliable, shows regular flashes of brilliance... His consistence in catching and making the crucial tackles and just doing his goddamn job is so admirable in the current team of unsure inconsistent players. He was, in my opinion, the real reason we won the last world cup.

One of the last of the legends, really. An outstanding career both at club level and wearing the white shirt.

I salute you.

Last edited by Guiscard on Sat Sep 15, 2007 10:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
qwert wrote:Can i ask you something?What is porpose for you to open these Political topic in ConquerClub? Why you mix politic with Risk? Why you not open topic like HOT AND SEXY,or something like that.
Private 1st Class Guiscard

Postby Norse on Sat Sep 15, 2007 5:05 am

Nice thread, but mr Robinson has long past it...
Last edited by Norse on Sat Sep 15, 2007 5:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
b.k. barunt wrote:Snorri's like one of those fufu dogs who get all excited and dance around pissing on themself.

suggs wrote:scared off by all the pervs and wankers already? No? Then let me introduce myself, I'm Mr Pervy Wank.
Corporal 1st Class Norse

Postby Guiscard on Sat Sep 15, 2007 5:07 am

Norse wrote:Nice thread, put mr Robinson has long past it...

Yeh but that shows a lot about the state of English rugby. He was the only player who played last night. The only player.
qwert wrote:Can i ask you something?What is porpose for you to open these Political topic in ConquerClub? Why you mix politic with Risk? Why you not open topic like HOT AND SEXY,or something like that.

Re: A Tribute to Jason Robinson (Rugby Union)

Postby heavycola on Sat Sep 15, 2007 5:07 am

Guiscard wrote:Anyone who's into Rugby Union and who watched last nights tragic performance against South Africa will have seen Robinson's hamstring injury towards the end of the game.

He's retiring after this world cup anyway, but its such a shame he had to go out like that (unless by freak chance its not all that bad and he gets another game...)

He's been constantly reliable, shows regular flashes of brilliance... His consistence in catching and making the crucial tackles and just doing his goddamn job is so admirable in the current team of unsure inconsistent players. He was, in my opinion, the real reason we won the last world cup.

One of the last of the legends, really. An outstanding career both at club level and wearing the white shirt.

I salute you.

Hear hear. A legend.
Corporal 1st Class heavycola

Postby Norse on Sat Sep 15, 2007 5:18 am

Guiscard wrote:

Yeh but that shows a lot about the state of English rugby. He was the only player who played last night. The only player.

true true...

I dont follow rugby union, except for the 6-nations and world cup...But like most other sports in britain, we seem to be failing, we just seem to be crushing our own kids chances by our own success as anation (ie, having to import talent to keep it prestigous, as opposed to letting the young-uns take the spot)

Look at the man utd team of the early 90's, all home grown talent, and they were winning everything...

something has changed, I wish I could put my finger on it.

Weneed our athletes to increase our already huge cawks.
b.k. barunt wrote:Snorri's like one of those fufu dogs who get all excited and dance around pissing on themself.

suggs wrote:scared off by all the pervs and wankers already? No? Then let me introduce myself, I'm Mr Pervy Wank.
Corporal 1st Class Norse

Postby Guiscard on Sat Sep 15, 2007 5:28 am

Norse wrote:
Guiscard wrote:

true true...

I dont follow rugby union, except for the 6-nations and world cup...But like most other sports in britain, we seem to be failing, we just seem to be crushing our own kids chances by our own success as anation (ie, having to import talent to keep it prestigous, as opposed to letting the young-uns take the spot)

Look at the man utd team of the early 90's, all home grown talent, and they were winning everything...

something has changed, I wish I could put my finger on it.

We need our athletes to increase our already huge cawks.

I don't think its anything to do with a lack of home grown talent. We have many many good British players in rugby union, and we have a lot of those players in the England team. We could forge team who are the equals of the 2003 squad, but the coaching and the dedication over the last three years hasn't been there. After the last world cup we lost focus. They're not a confidant team, they don't have the experience (generally) and they don't have the intuitive bond. There are great players in there but they need another two years of playing regular sensible rugby to just get into their stride, stop making silly mistakes and get themselves into the habit of taking advantage of every little ball. We should have been doing that since the final whistle of the last world cup final, but we dropped the ball I'm afraid. We assumed we'd be a threat on an international level without putting the work in. We've got the potential, though.

It really isn't anything to do with foreign players coming in to British rugby.

Postby Norse on Sat Sep 15, 2007 5:36 am

OK, maybe I was giving a football-esque response.

Corporal 1st Class Norse

Postby firth4eva on Sat Sep 15, 2007 10:30 am

what you on about just rugby union. he started out in league
Captain firth4eva

Postby Guiscard on Sat Sep 15, 2007 10:58 am

firth4eva wrote:what you on about just rugby union. he started out in league

Yeh I know. He's finished in Union, though and I'd argue that's where he's made the most difference, especially on an international level.

Postby Titanic on Sun Sep 16, 2007 2:05 pm

Yer, he was a really good player for England. Fast, with strength and scored a lot of tries. Shame he never signed for Leicester
Major Titanic

Postby Jehan on Mon Sep 17, 2007 5:28 am

man, he was the only hope for england in that game against SA, great to watch, shame he had no one to back him up. that hammie looked pretty bad.
Sergeant Jehan

Postby DAZMCFC on Mon Sep 17, 2007 11:27 am

an outstanding rugby player in union and league. he did win you the world cup aswell. it was not all down to Johnny`s boot. :roll:
high score:2765
high place:116
Major DAZMCFC

Postby Guiscard on Mon Sep 17, 2007 12:45 pm

DAZMCFC wrote:an outstanding rugby player in union and league. he did win you the world cup aswell. it was not all down to Johnny`s boot. :roll:

True, true.

Postby diddle on Mon Sep 17, 2007 1:21 pm

DAZMCFC wrote:an outstanding rugby player in union and league. he did win you the world cup aswell. it was not all down to Johnny`s boot. :roll:

never was, he got a lot of undeserved attention

i'm not saying he played crap, but it wasn't all down to him
Cadet diddle

Postby Guiscard on Tue Sep 18, 2007 11:56 am

diddle wrote:

never was, he got a lot of undeserved attention

i'm not saying he played crap, but it wasn't all down to him

Did you watch the 2003 world cup at all? He made a great contribution to a great team. One of maybe four/five genuinely outstanding players. If he hadn't scored his try in the final the kicking game, as outstanding as it was, would have left us with a defeat. At his best he's the most capable and dependable fullbacks in the world.

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,