Conquer Club

arguments

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

arguments

Postby heavycola on Tue Sep 18, 2007 11:37 am

this place used to throb with arguments. Good,. honest, insult-laden, aggressive, often well-informed (unless it was about creationism) debate.
Recently the quality and quantity has dropped. I called Norse a racist and he called me a hippy for a bit, and that was quite good fun, but really now the only discussion seems to be about whether pikachu is better than my little pony. I cannot understand why anyone over the age of 6 would care.

I realise the Blackwater news story link was a lame effort. But i like arguing on teh internets and i would like to argue for more arguments.

TYVM.
Corporal 1st Class heavycola

Postby Anarkistsdream on Tue Sep 18, 2007 11:40 am

If you start one with a topic I feel passionate or knowledgable of, I'd be happy to scream and get worked up.

Most of your topics are things I have no idea of, and have no business to argue unless it is for arguments sake.
virus90 wrote: I think Anarkist is a valuable asset to any game.
Cook Anarkistsdream

Postby Minister Masket on Tue Sep 18, 2007 11:41 am

Flame Wars is only a few clicks away!
Victrix Fortuna Sapientia

Private Minister Masket

Postby static_ice on Tue Sep 18, 2007 11:44 am

sigh I never liked those arguments...
R.I.P. Chef
Sergeant static_ice

Postby heavycola on Tue Sep 18, 2007 11:45 am

Anarkistsdream wrote:Most of your topics are things I have no idea of, and have no business to argue unless it is for arguments sake.

I would argue that arguing for arguments' sake is what this is all about.

Flame wars is as ghey as a cartoon for japanese preschoolers.

Postby kalishnikov on Tue Sep 18, 2007 11:49 am

No, we should not have more arguments. Everyone should be happy and get along like a big, degenerate family.

Theres no need for debate and I don't want to see any on these forums. All the arguments previously posted were stupid and lacked merit.

We should all just make polls and post quizzes instead. :)
Sergeant 1st Class kalishnikov

Re: arguments

Postby Norse on Tue Sep 18, 2007 11:49 am

heavycola wrote:this place used to throb with arguments. Good,. honest, insult-laden, aggressive, often well-informed (unless it was about creationism) debate.
Recently the quality and quantity has dropped. I called Norse a racist and he called me a hippy for a bit, and that was quite good fun, but really now the only discussion seems to be about whether pikachu is better than my little pony. I cannot understand why anyone over the age of 6 would care.

Cmon, we also had an interesting discussion about semantics as well.

I agree, whole-heartedly.
b.k. barunt wrote:Snorri's like one of those fufu dogs who get all excited and dance around pissing on themself.

suggs wrote:scared off by all the pervs and wankers already? No? Then let me introduce myself, I'm Mr Pervy Wank.
Corporal 1st Class Norse

Postby jay_a2j on Tue Sep 18, 2007 11:49 am

heavycola wrote:this place used to throb with arguments. Good,. honest, insult-laden, aggressive, often well-informed (unless it was about creationism) debate.

I realise the Blackwater news story link was a lame effort. But i like arguing on teh internets and i would like to argue for more arguments.

TYVM.

Ok, I'll try to start one. :wink:

(off to start a thread to start arguments) :lol:
THE DEBATE IS OVER...
PLAYER57832 wrote:Too many of those who claim they don't believe global warming are really "end-timer" Christians.

JESUS SAVES!!!
Lieutenant jay_a2j

Postby static_ice on Tue Sep 18, 2007 11:50 am

maybe we need a quiz to find whether or not you like to argue
R.I.P. Chef
Sergeant static_ice

Postby Syzygy on Tue Sep 18, 2007 11:51 am

We could argue about so many things - for instance, how badly S.A. will thrash everyone else and win the World Cup. :wink:
Sergeant 1st Class Syzygy

Postby luns101 on Tue Sep 18, 2007 3:45 pm

TYVM.

Perhaps there needs to be a forum where only people above a certain age limit are allowed to enter so that, regardless of ideology, at least you know you're going to be verbally duking it out with someone whose interests go beyond pikachu. I don't know how the age requirement would be verified.
Major luns101

Postby Dancing Mustard on Tue Sep 18, 2007 3:48 pm

I agree entirely with Luns on this one. There should be a 'serious business' forum.
Wayne wrote:Wow, with a voice like that Dancing Mustard must get all the babes!

Garth wrote:Yeah, I bet he's totally studly and buff.
Corporal Dancing Mustard

Postby luns101 on Tue Sep 18, 2007 3:49 pm

Dancing Mustard wrote:I agree entirely with Luns on this one. There should be a 'serious business' forum.

...and the first thread should be on something really important. Like what's going to happen on Season #4 of LOST! :lol:
Major luns101

Postby Anarkistsdream on Tue Sep 18, 2007 3:56 pm

luns101 wrote:
Dancing Mustard wrote:I agree entirely with Luns on this one. There should be a 'serious business' forum.

...and the first thread should be on something really important. Like what's going to happen on Season #4 of LOST! :lol:

Hell yeah, Luns!!!
virus90 wrote: I think Anarkist is a valuable asset to any game.
Cook Anarkistsdream

Postby got tonkaed on Tue Sep 18, 2007 5:23 pm

im going to claim that it started when i went away for the summer and when i came back that my post level has gone down and is primarily in the games forum.....but im not egotistic or anything.
Cadet got tonkaed

Postby heavycola on Wed Sep 19, 2007 1:59 am

luns101 wrote:

is it still going? I transferred my addiction to heroes after all that runnggn around and being kept in cages.

Postby Titanic on Wed Sep 19, 2007 4:29 am

heavycola wrote:
luns101 wrote:

is it still going? I transferred my addiction to heroes after all that runnggn around and being kept in cages.

Yer, I prefer Heroes and Prison Break to Lost...They've just dragged out Lost past any realistic or necessary point.
Major Titanic

Postby Neutrino on Wed Sep 19, 2007 5:20 am

luns101 wrote:
Perhaps there needs to be a forum where only people above a certain age limit are allowed to enter so that, regardless of ideology, at least you know you're going to be verbally duking it out with someone whose interests go beyond pikachu. I don't know how the age requirement would be verified.

Why an age limit? Being 18+ ensures in no way that your arguments will be sound or even valid, in much the same way being 18- in no way automatically makes you Pikachu-centric. If it were to happen, a referral system would be much more efficient; in addition to proving nothing, age would be almost impossible to verify.

Anyway, if it were to be created, I severely doubt I would actually use it. Pontificating by the regulars would ensure that nothing even remotely amusing ever occurs and this same pontificating would ensure no newcomers could ever become regulars and so nothing intellectually stimulating would ever occur there.
We own all your helmets, we own all your shoes, we own all your generals. Touch us and you loooose...

The Rogue State!
Corporal Neutrino

Postby luns101 on Wed Sep 19, 2007 7:54 pm

Titanic wrote:
heavycola wrote:
luns101 wrote:

Yer, I prefer Heroes and Prison Break to Lost...They've just dragged out Lost past any realistic or necessary point.

I see what you mean. We just bought the DVD series for Season #1 and it was excellent. It seems that TV is so much better than the movies as of late.
Major luns101

Postby Beastly on Wed Sep 19, 2007 10:58 pm

many people here are "afraid" to be out spoken, or argue a point.

Some are cool, and can separate reality, and still respect others for having different opinions.

Some can't help but bring flames in non-flame forums because they can't handle someone not agreeing with them.

Then if people argue a point they become a enemy, people can't just debate things rationally it seems.
Corporal 1st Class Beastly

Postby misterman10 on Wed Sep 19, 2007 11:00 pm

to the OP:

If you ever want to argue, just post an opinion of yours that differs with mine, and we will have a nice argument. Right now, the only arguments I have been in are football arguments with GK and riggable.
Pleasant Chaps still suck cock.

Yakuza power.
Major misterman10

Postby MeDeFe on Thu Sep 20, 2007 4:16 am

would that be real football or "american handball with occasional kicking of the elongated object usually called ball"?
Major MeDeFe

Location: Follow the trail of holes in other people's arguments.

Postby Skittles! on Thu Sep 20, 2007 5:17 am

I like arguments. They are fun.
KraphtOne wrote:when you sign up a new account one of the check boxes should be "do you want to foe colton24 (it is highly recommended) "
Private Skittles!

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,