Conquer Club

Madeline Mcann

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Do you know who she is?

Total votes : 0

Postby pancakemix on Wed Sep 26, 2007 3:52 pm

Anybody else see the picture from Morocco?
Epic Win

"Always tell the truth. It's the easiest thing to remember." - Richard Roma, Glengarry Glen Ross

aage wrote:Never trust CYOC or pancake.
Corporal 1st Class pancakemix

Postby legendkiller717 on Wed Sep 26, 2007 4:03 pm

she is in the atlantic ocean, body already eaten by the fishes...this is pretty much pointless...there are hundereds of people murdered every day, and they are lookin for one already dead girl, or one that doesnt WANT to be found...this is just gay...
Private legendkiller717

Postby Anarkistsdream on Wed Sep 26, 2007 4:04 pm

legendkiller717 wrote:she is in the atlantic ocean, body already eaten by the fishes...this is pretty much pointless...there are hundereds of people murdered every day, and they are lookin for one already dead girl, or one that doesnt WANT to be found...this is just gay...

I hate to have to agree, because that is a sad perpective, but it is fucking life...
virus90 wrote: I think Anarkist is a valuable asset to any game.
Cook Anarkistsdream

Postby The1exile on Wed Sep 26, 2007 4:06 pm

Stopper wrote:
The1exile wrote:No, because everyone freaking knows already, the overplaying by the media is what I don't like.

And certain sections of the media are worse than others. The Daily Express (and the Sunday Express) - supposedly a middle-market tabloid - has had Madeleine McCann stories on its front page for 54 days in a fucking row.

Yes, you'd think they'd never run out of stories on Diana, wouldn't you?
Lieutenant The1exile

Postby Anarkistsdream on Wed Sep 26, 2007 4:07 pm

The1exile wrote:
Stopper wrote:
The1exile wrote:No, because everyone freaking knows already, the overplaying by the media is what I don't like.

And certain sections of the media are worse than others. The Daily Express (and the Sunday Express) - supposedly a middle-market tabloid - has had Madeleine McCann stories on its front page for 54 days in a fucking row.

Good lord, all you see is Diana, Lindsey Lohan, or Paris Hilton....
Cook Anarkistsdream

Postby Stopper on Wed Sep 26, 2007 4:12 pm

Anarkistsdream wrote:
The1exile wrote:
Stopper wrote:

The Daily Express doesn't actually feature Paris Hilton on its front pages that much - it prefers its blondes dead.
Lieutenant Stopper

Postby muy_thaiguy on Wed Sep 26, 2007 4:29 pm

Stopper wrote:
Anarkistsdream wrote:
The1exile wrote:
Stopper wrote:

The Daily Express doesn't actually feature Paris Hilton on its front pages that much - it prefers its blondes dead.
So, Anna Nicole Smith was on it?
"Eh, whatever."
-Anonymous

What, you expected something deep or flashy?
Private 1st Class muy_thaiguy

Postby The1exile on Wed Sep 26, 2007 4:39 pm

Anarkistsdream wrote:Good lord, all you see is Diana, Lindsey Lohan, or Paris Hilton....

I reckon Diana is going to be the longest dead celeb though - a decade after her death and they're still dancing on it. Or have the others been dead for the past decade and I haven't noticed?
Lieutenant The1exile

Postby Anarkistsdream on Wed Sep 26, 2007 4:42 pm

The1exile wrote:
Anarkistsdream wrote:Good lord, all you see is Diana, Lindsey Lohan, or Paris Hilton....

I reckon Diana is going to be the longest dead celeb though - a decade after her death and they're still dancing on it. Or have the others been dead for the past decade and I haven't noticed?

I think it's the cocaine that keeps that 'near death' glow about them. 8)
Cook Anarkistsdream

Postby Stopper on Wed Sep 26, 2007 6:14 pm

muy_thaiguy wrote:
Stopper wrote:The Daily Express doesn't actually feature Paris Hilton on its front pages that much - it prefers its blondes dead.
So, Anna Nicole Smith was on it?

No. Anna Nicole Smith was foreign.

BTW, to anyone interested, I didn't mean to suggest from my earlier comment that Madeleine McCann is dead. I wouldn't know.
Lieutenant Stopper

Postby GreecePwns on Wed Sep 26, 2007 7:14 pm

Stopper wrote:

The sad thing is that its circulation appears to have gone up because of this.

Not that I'd read that crap anyway, but I just thought I'd mention that in case anyone had any illusions about the quality of the British press. (Ho-ho.)

Yesterday's front page, by the way:

Edited: thought it was today's
Not to go off topic, but 12 tornadoes? :shock:
Chariot of Fire wrote:As for GreecePwns.....yeah, what? A massive debt. Get a job you slacker.

Viceroy wrote:[The Biblical creation story] was written in a time when there was no way to confirm this fact and is in fact a statement of the facts.
Corporal GreecePwns

Postby magneticgoop on Wed Sep 26, 2007 10:37 pm

mr. incrediball wrote:
GreecePwns wrote:Inspired by sam I'm guessing?

madeline mcann was a british girl who got kidnapped in portugal, sparking a media frenzy...

people now think the parents are directly responsible for her dissappearance :roll:
oh yeah i know who she is i just forgot her name
Fool me once, strike one. Fool me twice, strike...three.Image
Cook magneticgoop

Location: Screaming at the TV as Norv Turner turns the chargers into the worst team in the NFL =(

Postby diddle on Thu Sep 27, 2007 1:43 am

GreecePwns wrote:
Stopper wrote:

Not that I'd read that crap anyway, but I just thought I'd mention that in case anyone had any illusions about the quality of the British press. (Ho-ho.)

right by my grandma's house :shock:
Cadet diddle

Postby Titanic on Thu Sep 27, 2007 6:19 am

GreecePwns wrote:
Stopper wrote:

British tornadoes. Means the wind went above about 40mph. You see the upturned caravan? Thats about the worst damage in the whole of England by these "tornadoes".

I remember the last tornado, in London, the news cameras kept on showing piles of bricks to make it look like loads of damage, but I swear it was the same pile of bricks from different angles.

As for Madeline, the Morocco picture looks a lot like her, but I honestly dont care what happens anymore. its gone well out of proportion, and because I live in Leicestershire the local paper has been full of crap about her and her parents for too long.
Major Titanic

Postby heavycola on Thu Sep 27, 2007 7:47 am

legendkiller717 wrote:she is in the atlantic ocean, body already eaten by the fishes...this is pretty much pointless...there are hundereds of people murdered every day, and they are lookin for one already dead girl, or one that doesnt WANT to be found...this is just gay...

Yes, how gay is that? She's four, and has obviously gone into hiding.
And how do you know a) she'e been murdered and b) where the body is? It's rather a big assumption don't you think?

Anbd for those fucktards moaning about the media coverage, it has been a completely understandable strategy by the parents to keep their MISSING DAUGHTER (try to have a little empathy) in the national consciousness.
I know what you're thinking: it's the same every time a toddler gets abducted. It's sad for a bit, but then it's like, get over it. Jesus. Attention whore kid and her 'look at us, we're celebrities now' parents. Makes you sick.
Corporal 1st Class heavycola

Postby Bertros Bertros on Thu Sep 27, 2007 8:44 am

heavycola wrote:Anbd for those fucktards moaning about the media coverage, it has been a completely understandable strategy by the parents to keep their MISSING DAUGHTER (try to have a little empathy) in the national consciousness.

Absolutely. There is no way you can blame them for it, what else can they do? But the media coverage still fits bemoaning. Honestly, I'm almost entirely desensitised to the case now and am sick of seeing it everywhere. Whilst I wouldn't wipe my arse with the Evening - insert your favoured expletive here - Standard its headlines are forced down my throat on a near daily basis. The entirely inconsistent coverage is disgusting. I sympathise with the McCanns (what could be worse than what has been said about them in the last few weeks?) and can't blame them at all for what they did, but with retrospect the way they courted the attention in an unprecedented manner has sadly done far more harm than good.
Lieutenant Bertros Bertros

Postby heavycola on Thu Sep 27, 2007 8:56 am

Bertros Bertros wrote:
heavycola wrote:Anbd for those fucktards moaning about the media coverage, it has been a completely understandable strategy by the parents to keep their MISSING DAUGHTER (try to have a little empathy) in the national consciousness.

Absolutely. There is no way you can blame them for it, what else can they do? But the media coverage still fits bemoaning. Honestly, I'm almost entirely desensitised to the case now and am sick of seeing it everywhere. Whilst I wouldn't wipe my arse with the Evening - insert your favoured expletive here - Standard its headlines are forced down my throat on a near daily basis. The entirely inconsistent coverage is disgusting. I sympathise with the McCanns (what could be worse than what has been said about them in the last few weeks?) and can't blame them at all for what they did, but with retrospect the way they courted the attention in an unprecedented manner has sadly done far more harm than good.

shouldn't you be packing? :)
Corporal 1st Class heavycola

Postby Bertros Bertros on Thu Sep 27, 2007 10:56 am

heavycola wrote:
Bertros Bertros wrote:

shouldn't you be packing? :)

Ah procrastination - don't you just love it ;)
Lieutenant Bertros Bertros

Postby Stopper on Thu Sep 27, 2007 4:49 pm

Talking of dead blondes, I read an article in the New Statesman about the upcoming Princess Diana inquiry. It appears that the amount of facilities being provided to the press is more than what was given over to the Hutton Inquiry.

I've taken no notice of it until now, but the media are apparently planning to plaster this inquiry all over the place for months to come. Oh dear.
Lieutenant Stopper

Postby Minister Masket on Thu Sep 27, 2007 4:59 pm

It's so obvious she was abducted by aliens. GOSH
Victrix Fortuna Sapientia

Private Minister Masket

Postby Titanic on Fri Sep 28, 2007 5:12 am

Stopper wrote:Talking of dead blondes, I read an article in the New Statesman about the upcoming Princess Diana inquiry. It appears that the amount of facilities being provided to the press is more than what was given over to the Hutton Inquiry.

I've taken no notice of it until now, but the media are apparently planning to plaster this inquiry all over the place for months to come. Oh dear.

NO guesses for what the Daily Express will be covering for the enxt year...

Why dont the media just stop with her. She died over 10 years ago ffs.
Major Titanic

Previous

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,