Conquer Club

Just which insane players here are in the 24%

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Yes, im in the 24% and we need people to join this illegal, criminal, empire building war

Total votes : 0

Just which insane players here are in the 24%

Postby xtratabasco on Sun Oct 07, 2007 10:37 am

I am certain that this government of amerika will attack Iran over lies and start a draft. This government is completely out of touch with normal US citizens and the rest of the world. Their just, out right criminally insane (both parties)

Which one of you boot-lickers out there are part of the 24% and if you are when are you joining?

24% Favor Military Draft, 66% Opposed
Friday, September 28, 2007

Twenty-four percent (24%) of American voters favor instituting a military draft. A Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey found that 66% are opposed. The survey also found that this is one war-related issue with bi-partisan agreement. Just 23% of Democrats, 23% of Republicans, and 26% of unaffiliated voters favor a military draft.

Thirty-six percent (36%) of all voters believe that all citizens should be “required to spend a year in public service, either in the military or some other form of service.” Fifty-two percent (52%) are opposed. On this question, with 45% in favor of mandatory public service and 43% opposed. Just 33% of Republicans and 31% of Democrats support the concept.

If there is a military draft, 41% of voters believe women should be drafted and 49% disagree. Democrats and unaffiliated voters are evenly divided on this question. Republicans are opposed by a 56% to 32% margin. Fifty-five percent (55%) of men believe that women should be drafted and 58% of women disagree.

When it comes to the question of mandatory public service, 59% of women are opposed and only 26% support the concept. Men are evenly divided.

The survey also found that just 17% of voters are following news stories about Blackwater USA Very Closely. Another 35% say they are following it Somewhat Closely. Thirty-six percent (36%) of voters say that ”private security firms like Blackwater undermine the U.S. relationship with Iraq.” Twenty-one percent (21%) disagree. Reflecting the low level of interest in the story, 43% have no opinion

Blackwater is a private security firm whose employees were accused of killing 10 Iraqis by mistake. The company says its men were responding to an ambush. The incident has raised many questions including concerns that such security firms are competing with the U.S. military for employees.

Crosstabs available for Premium Members only.

Rasmussen Reports is an electronic publishing firm specializing in the collection, publication, and distribution of public opinion polling information.

The Rasmussen Reports ElectionEdge™ Premium Service for Election 2008 offers the most comprehensive public opinion coverage ever provided for a Presidential election.

Rasmussen Reports’ Election 2006 coverage has been praised for its accuracy and reliability. Michael Barone, Senior Writer for U.S. News & World Report and co-author of The Almanac of American Politics, mentions, “One clear lesson from the Republican victory of 2004 and the Democratic victory of 2006 is that the best place to look for polls that are spot on is RasmussenReports.com." And University of Virginia Professor Larry Sabato states, “In election campaigns, I’ve learned to look for the Rasmussen results. In my experience, they are right on the money. There is no question Rasmussen produces some of the most accurate and reliable polls in the country today.”

Rasmussen Reports was also the nation's most accurate polling firm during the 2004 Presidential election and the only one to project both Bush and Kerry's vote total within half a percentage point of the actual outcome.

During both Election 2004 and Election 2006, RasmussenReports.com was the top-ranked public opinion research site on the web. We had twice as many visitors as our nearest competitor and nearly as many as all competitors combined.

Scott Rasmussen, president of Rasmussen Reports, has been an independent pollster for more than a decade.
Corporal xtratabasco

Postby got tonkaed on Sun Oct 07, 2007 10:41 am

those are some interesting stats....suprising that so many people would consider contiuing courses of action that would require a draft. Also surprising that people who suggest compulsory service would suggest so, when there is a greater possiblity of fatality.
Cadet got tonkaed

Postby Dancing Mustard on Sun Oct 07, 2007 10:43 am

100K... f*ck yes! And I get a free gun... deal

SOLD to the 12 year old boy in the poncho!!!
Wayne wrote:Wow, with a voice like that Dancing Mustard must get all the babes!

Garth wrote:Yeah, I bet he's totally studly and buff.
Corporal Dancing Mustard

Postby diddle on Sun Oct 07, 2007 10:44 am

wheres the 'i'm not american and don't give a crap' option?
Cadet diddle

Postby muy_thaiguy on Sun Oct 07, 2007 10:48 am

Historically speaking though, the US has used the Draft in previous wars (not just Vietnam), even in WWI and II. Though, they were a bit different.

By the way, not saying I support or oppose, just a little something there.

aka, random crap.
"Eh, whatever."
-Anonymous

What, you expected something deep or flashy?
Private 1st Class muy_thaiguy

Postby got tonkaed on Sun Oct 07, 2007 11:08 am

muy_thaiguy wrote:Historically speaking though, the US has used the Draft in previous wars (not just Vietnam), even in WWI and II. Though, they were a bit different.

By the way, not saying I support or oppose, just a little something there.

aka, random crap.

thats such a small little something it pretty much didnt merit posting.
Cadet got tonkaed

Postby xtratabasco on Sun Oct 07, 2007 11:19 am

I wonder if the 24% are the same 18-24% that are still holding on to Bush?
Corporal xtratabasco

Postby Burrito Loco on Sun Oct 07, 2007 11:47 am

It would appear not seeing as that 24% is evenly distributed across 'D's, 'R's, and 'I's.

And if we do invade Iran it will be under a Democratic president. That would be delicious irony. But it means I'll need to get a job in the defense industry to avoid getting my ass drafted out of college.
Corporal 1st Class Burrito Loco

Postby static_ice on Sun Oct 07, 2007 11:51 am

I might end up doing what my friend's dad did, that is join the army before the draft got him for "advanced services" to avoid the front line... I wonder if the army needs a graphic designer :lol:
R.I.P. Chef
Sergeant static_ice

Postby Stopper on Sun Oct 07, 2007 12:04 pm

Oh noes! I'm finding myself almost in agreement with some of what xtra's saying. Bizarro-world!
Lieutenant Stopper

Postby Fircoal on Sun Oct 07, 2007 12:42 pm

QFt with Stopper, I didn't read the whole thing, but I am very much against drafts.
Vote: Mandy
Eddie35: hi everyone
Serbia: YOU IDIOT! What is THAT supposed to be? Are you even TRYING to play this game?! Kill the idiot NOW please!
Skoffin wrote: So um.. er... I'll be honest, I don't know what the f*ck to do from here. Goddamnit chu.
Captain Fircoal

Postby xtratabasco on Sun Oct 07, 2007 2:36 pm

Stopper wrote:Oh noes! I'm finding myself almost in agreement with some of what xtra's saying. Bizarro-world!

they all come around, just a matter of when. :D
Corporal xtratabasco

Postby Nobunaga on Sun Oct 07, 2007 3:39 pm

... It could happen. The Democrats have a good shot at the White House next year (drafts have historically been issued during Democratic administrations).

... That's no guarantee either way, however.

... It's more or less a draft right now. These poor minority kids growing up in America - their options severely limited by both a culture and a history of oppression. "Drafted" into the military for lack of options and sent to a far away desert to die for oil companies.

... HAHAHAHA!!! Just kidding. \:D/

Sergeant 1st Class Nobunaga

Postby duday53 on Sun Oct 07, 2007 3:47 pm

Dancing Mustard wrote:100K... f*ck yes! And I get a free gun... deal

SOLD to the 12 year old boy in the poncho!!!
:lol:
lalaland wrote:This is what I love about Spamalot... you click on a title to a thread, and you have no idea what you'll find inside...
Sergeant 1st Class duday53

Re: Just which insane players here are in the 24%

Postby OnlyAmbrose on Sun Oct 07, 2007 4:29 pm

xtratabasco wrote:I am certain that this government of amerika will... start a draft.

Are you joking? You do realize there's an election in a year right?
"The Nation that makes a great distinction between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting done by fools."
Corporal 1st Class OnlyAmbrose

Postby xtratabasco on Sun Oct 07, 2007 4:54 pm

OnlyAmbrose wrote:
xtratabasco wrote:I am certain that this government of amerika will... start a draft.

Are you joking? You do realize there's an election in a year right?

theres already a draft right now with stop losses and call backs.

but yeah an all right draft.

maybe before the elections, after busch does a false flagg then he will proclaim himself king, and you and your buddies will bow.
Corporal xtratabasco

Postby OnlyAmbrose on Sun Oct 07, 2007 4:55 pm

I never said I agree with a draft.

You can't fight an unpopular war with a drafted army. And after this whole Iraq thing, ANY war will be unpopular.

edit- and I DEFINITELY am not a fan of bush.
"The Nation that makes a great distinction between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting done by fools."
Corporal 1st Class OnlyAmbrose

Postby Titanic on Sun Oct 07, 2007 5:51 pm

Theres no chance there will be a draft before the elections next year, and also if there is a draft wouldnt the senate and congress have to approve it?
Major Titanic

Postby Iliad on Sun Oct 07, 2007 6:15 pm

static_ice wrote:I might end up doing what my friend's dad did, that is join the army before the draft got him for "advanced services" to avoid the front line... I wonder if the army needs a graphic designer :lol:

they might need to draw up plans for the battles... and maybe ads?
Private 1st Class Iliad

Postby Dancing Mustard on Sun Oct 07, 2007 6:16 pm

xtratabasco wrote:after busch does a false flagg then he will proclaim himself king, and you and your buddies will bow.
All hail the "Mighty Bush"

Corporal Dancing Mustard

Postby jay_a2j on Sun Oct 07, 2007 10:53 pm

I believe that the ONLY time a draft should be implemented is when the security of our country is in immediate danger. Like if Canada invaded us, China was invading its neighbors like Hitler did or France looks at us wrong.

People should not be made to fight in wars that have no bearing on the security of their own nation.
THE DEBATE IS OVER...
PLAYER57832 wrote:Too many of those who claim they don't believe global warming are really "end-timer" Christians.

JESUS SAVES!!!
Lieutenant jay_a2j

Postby Dancing Mustard on Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:51 am

Your right, there is a terrible draft in here; and it's only going to get worse if somebody doesn't get off their ass and shut that goddam window. Sort it out people, I'm freezing.

Corporal Dancing Mustard

Postby btownmeggy on Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:24 pm

Well, if a RASMUSSEN POLL says so, it must be true.
Corporal btownmeggy

Postby XGSuperstar on Mon Oct 08, 2007 5:33 pm

I personally dislike drafts myself, I like my body to be in one piece.

However, this war is lose - lose. If we stay, more men will die. If we leave, most likely all hell will break lose, just that it won't be Americans that are dying. An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure, this war might have been best avoided.

I read the survey, and the part "telephone poll" caught my eye. What about the people that don't pick up? Won't those people be more likely to be poor? Chances are, if all people answered, that 24% might be lower or higher, depending on what they would say [I believe lower].
New Recruit XGSuperstar

Postby Tyr on Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:17 pm

wheres the option for patriotic people who fight for their country right or wrong
most people who want to share their veiws with you dont want you to share yours with them
Cadet Tyr

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,