Conquer Club

What do you guys think of "To Kill a Mockinbird?"

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Postby Hitman079 on Sat Oct 13, 2007 8:56 pm

Iz Man wrote:No offense (well, maybe a little), but the ignorance of youth here at CC is astounding.
Both "To Kill A Mockingbird" & "Huck Finn" are both outstanding examples of quality literature; and film as well (as far as TKAM is concerned).

It's amazing how clueless the current "scholastic generation" can be at times.

Like I said........ no offense........

well, i guess so. the most "quality literature" i have ever read is Gone With the Wind, which i am still reading now. a few more hundred pages to go. i've also read a lot of the cirriculum books at school even if not required such as the outsiders, house on mango st, etc.
Cook Hitman079

Postby Genghis Khant on Sat Oct 13, 2007 9:38 pm

dustn64 wrote:I don't think that the book is not a good examples of mankind but the interest I had in the book plummted once I got through the first page. I enjoy other book that have symbols for mankind such as Lord of the Flies. But TKAM didn't suit my taste.

??
What do they teach you in school these days? If I had written a sentence like that my teachers would have torn me a second arsehole.
:roll:

btw, To Kill A Mockingbird is an excellent book.
Corporal 1st Class Genghis Khant

Re: What do you guys think of "To Kill a Mockinbird?&am

Postby ParadiceCity9 on Sat Oct 13, 2007 10:22 pm

GreecePwns wrote:I just want to know what I'm getting myself into. I have to read it for english class.

hahaha....were reading it too it sucks balls dude.

...but thats coming from someone who hates to read.
Corporal 1st Class ParadiceCity9

Postby reverend_kyle on Sat Oct 13, 2007 11:02 pm

Iz Man wrote:No offense (well, maybe a little), but the ignorance of youth here at CC is astounding.
Both "To Kill A Mockingbird" & "Huck Finn" are both outstanding examples of quality literature; and film as well (as far as TKAM is concerned).

It's amazing how clueless the current "scholastic generation" can be at times.

Like I said........ no offense........

I completely agree with this, however, I would still consider myself a youth here at CC. I've read To Kill a Mockingbird twice, once in 6th grade(my dad wanted me to) and I liked it. Then we were forced to read it again in 10th grade and I liked it even more because my knowledge and opinions had advanced and I got a bit more out of it. We had to read Huck Finn last year in 11th grade and I thought it was quite an amazing piece of work, the subtle use of sarcasm makes it a rather funny read too.
DANCING MUSTARD FOR POOP IN '08!
Sergeant reverend_kyle

Postby Norse on Sun Oct 14, 2007 2:25 pm

Not enough lynching.
b.k. barunt wrote:Snorri's like one of those fufu dogs who get all excited and dance around pissing on themself.

suggs wrote:scared off by all the pervs and wankers already? No? Then let me introduce myself, I'm Mr Pervy Wank.
Corporal 1st Class Norse

Previous

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,