Conquer Club

What some Brits are doing to their speed cameras

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Postby Guiscard on Thu Oct 18, 2007 11:09 am

Norse wrote:
Guiscard wrote:
Guiscard wrote:Preceding a post about speed camera vandalism with 'hehe' would indicate to me that either a) you agree with it or b) you think its just a cheeky bit of fun.

Wrong!

So why the hehe then?
qwert wrote:Can i ask you something?What is porpose for you to open these Political topic in ConquerClub? Why you mix politic with Risk? Why you not open topic like HOT AND SEXY,or something like that.
Private 1st Class Guiscard

Postby Norse on Thu Oct 18, 2007 11:10 am

Guiscard wrote:
Norse wrote:
Guiscard wrote:
Guiscard wrote:Preceding a post about speed camera vandalism with 'hehe' would indicate to me that either a) you agree with it or b) you think its just a cheeky bit of fun.

Wrong!

So why the hehe then?

Well, that is for me to know and for you to find out.
b.k. barunt wrote:Snorri's like one of those fufu dogs who get all excited and dance around pissing on themself.

suggs wrote:scared off by all the pervs and wankers already? No? Then let me introduce myself, I'm Mr Pervy Wank.
Corporal 1st Class Norse

Postby Guiscard on Thu Oct 18, 2007 11:12 am

Norse wrote:Well, that is for me to know and for you to find out.

:D You're digging yourself deeper and deeper into this silly hole, and I don't know who you think you're fooling... and getting fairly irate, it seems.
qwert wrote:Can i ask you something?What is porpose for you to open these Political topic in ConquerClub? Why you mix politic with Risk? Why you not open topic like HOT AND SEXY,or something like that.

Postby Norse on Thu Oct 18, 2007 11:16 am

oh no no.

Im teaching you a valuable lesson, boyo.

Do not assume. Have you given up already? or have you ran out of idea's?

Maybe a herbal tea may refresh you.
b.k. barunt wrote:Snorri's like one of those fufu dogs who get all excited and dance around pissing on themself.

suggs wrote:scared off by all the pervs and wankers already? No? Then let me introduce myself, I'm Mr Pervy Wank.
Corporal 1st Class Norse

Postby Guiscard on Thu Oct 18, 2007 11:35 am

Norse wrote:oh no no.

I didn't need to assume, Norse, as it was patently obvious to anyone reading your post exactly what you meant by it. The rest of the posters know it, I know it and the fact that you have avoided giving any kind of explanation for a whole page means that you know it too. I don't need to debate this all day with you, I just enjoy calling you out and getting you irate when you make shitty little comments like that. Maybe I've managed to teach you a lesson in that when you don't want your views to be highlighted as so obviously contradictory to common sense and the rule of law (which, by your past record, you seem fairly averse to) then you might read your posts twice to check for little slips of the tongue which betray what you really think. It would have been a whole different story if we'd got posters coming in and spouting off about these rampant and immoral government cash-grubbing machines. You'd have sounded off along with the daily-mail masses, just like you did last week about the millions of polish immigrants you've never met or the societal decline you've never experienced (being only a year older than me). But no, this time you're wrong and you know it.

Postby xtratabasco on Thu Oct 18, 2007 11:36 am

Norse wrote:oh no no.

:D
Corporal xtratabasco

Postby Titanic on Thu Oct 18, 2007 1:31 pm

Guiscard wrote:
xtratabasco wrote:im not a Brit, but i bet there sick and tired of their government using these speed cameras as money generators...

God love them, smash somemore :P

Well they shouldn't be BREAKING THE FUCKING LAW THEN!

For fucks sake. Your threads are usually ridiculous but this one takes the absolute biscuit. I'd have thought you, as the mass exposer of conspiracy theories, would have been sympathetic to the everyday plight of the hundreds of people A DAY who get killed by speeding motorists.

A small small minority of motorists who think that speed cameras should be destroyed are doing it because they don't like the fact that they are being punished for BREAKING THE LAWS IN THIS COUNTRY.

If you think our speed limit laws are unfair then thats an entirely different issue.

What should we be doing next, Xtra, killing cops because they arrest shoplifters? Surely thats curtailing our right to take whatever the f*ck we want from shops!

And believe me, the brits who smash speed cameras are in no way a little far-left revolutionary group who are fighting for the rights of the people. They are well-off people who can afford to buy the kind of car that one can enjoy breaking the speed limit in! Right wing daily mail readers the lot of them.

Exactly. There enforcing the law and I approve of them. Deaths on the road are 3 times as high as homicides in the UK, which is not good.
Major Titanic

Postby Guiscard on Thu Oct 18, 2007 2:28 pm

Titanic wrote:Deaths on the road are 3 times as high as homicides in the UK, which is not good.

So lets get murdering!

Postby xtratabasco on Thu Oct 18, 2007 7:46 pm

xtratabasco wrote:im not a Brit, but i bet there sick and tired of their government using these speed cameras as money generators...

Corporal xtratabasco

Postby Titanic on Thu Oct 18, 2007 10:48 pm

xtratabasco wrote:

Money generators, lol, they have a budget of over £800billion, but its the crucial £10million or whatever from speed cameras which make the difference.
Major Titanic

Postby xtratabasco on Thu Oct 18, 2007 10:50 pm

Titanic wrote:
xtratabasco wrote:

Money generators, lol, they have a budget of over £800billion, but its the crucial £10million or whatever from speed cameras which make the difference.

its obviously a money generator, they dont have to pay cops and they work 24/7 for free and speed has never even been in the top 5 reasons for accidents and deaths.
Corporal xtratabasco

Postby xtratabasco on Thu Oct 18, 2007 11:00 pm

wicked wrote:Speed cameras and red-light cameras are not money generators. they're there for enforcement b/c people won't slow down or stop otherwise. I had to laugh at the article though that said fat people fall asleep at the wheel b/c f their sedentary lifestyle. I've never heard that tidbit before and highly doubt it's true.

they have been proven over and over to flawed and only there to generate revenue for cities and counties.

http://www.highwayrobbery.net

The highwayrobbery.net website has documented a number of similar simultaneous red and yellow tickets in California and traced the cause to a second factor -- the difference in speed between an LED bulb and a slightly slower incandescent bulb. If one signal head uses an LED and another an incandescent bulb, tickets can issue in cases equivalent to running a "red" light in the amount of time it takes for a light to appear after flipping a switch -- an amount so small that it is not detected by the human eye.

According to a report by the California State Auditor, about four out of every five red light camera citations in the state were issued for split-second violations. Shorter trigger settings or "grace periods" allow jurisdictions to collect more revenue because the greatest number of technical violations occur within the first 0.25 seconds after a light turns red, according to a Texas Transportation Institute study. Ticketing such violations has little impact on safety as the same study showed the probability of a right-angle collision within a split-second after a signal changes from yellow to red is almost zero at an intersection with a protected left turn lane. "Given a 1.0-second all-red interval, the probabilities also suggest that crossing through vehicles will not start to enter until after about 4 seconds have lapsed," the Texas study explained (page 99).
Corporal xtratabasco

Postby xtratabasco on Thu Oct 18, 2007 11:03 pm

from http://www.highwayrobbery.net

WELCOME TO HIGHWAYROBBERY.NET

Info & Advice about California Red Light Camera Tickets - - for Free!

Opened Sept. 23, 2002. Updated Oct. 5, 2007

"Traffic rules account for most of the contact by average citizens with law enforcement and the courts. Enforcement of laws which are widely perceived as unreasonable and unfair generates disrespect and even contempt toward those who make and enforce those laws."
The Appellate Department, in People vs. Goulet

New
WHAT'S REALLY NEW OR HOT?

Does your "ticket" have the address of the Court on it? If it doesn't, or if it says, "Do not contact the court," it's not really a ticket at all - it's a police trick!
See the section entitled "Police Going Too Far... Snitch Tickets" on the Your Ticket page.
Go there also, if you don't yet have a ticket but want to be prepared.
Your Ticket page.

Was someone else driving your car, and now the police (or even the clerks at the courthouse) are twisting your arm, trying to get you to identify that driver? You don't have to. See the "It's Not Me!" section on the Your Ticket page.
Your Ticket page.

Photo enforcement tickets can put a point on your driving record. So, they have to have a good picture of your face. A picture of your license plate isn't enough. See Defect # 1, below.
Defect # 1.

If you want more information about traffic school, see the traffic school Editorial on the Links page.

Photo radar is here! Despite a ban by our lawmakers - two recent attempts to permit the photo enforcement of SPEED limits (a.k.a. "photo radar") failed to make it out of the California legislature - in May 2007 a Los Angeles-area parks agency signed a contract for its use on park roads. See the MRCA section on the Camera Towns page and the Hot Legislation section on the Action page.
Action page.

Was your ticket for making a right turn? If so, see Defect # 9 (below), FAQs # 4 and # 27 and, no matter what city your ticket came from, the Hawthorne section on the Camera Towns page (don't miss Hawthorne Docs Set # 3).
Camera Towns page.

Are you worried that you may have had your picture taken in the last few days?
See FAQ's # 8 and # 9 on the Links page.
Links page.

Do you have a 0.2 or less "Late Time" ticket? Check out Defect # 7, below.
Defect # 7.

Is your photo enforcement ticket "in collection?" See the top of the Handling Your Ticket section on the Your Ticket page.
Your Ticket page.

Do you have a cover on your license plate? Or a reflective spray? A new law has been signed, and after Jan. 1, 2008 you could get a $1000 ticket! See FAQ # 11, on the Links page.

Want word-for-word details of how an actual photo enforcement trial goes?
Four trial transcripts are now available - from Culver City, West Hollywood, Hawthorne, and Sacramento.
See links on the Your Ticket page and the Camera Towns page.
Your Ticket page. Camera Towns page.

Videotape "your" camera - today !
The camera that ticketed you could have one of the defects that affected the cameras at Whittier / Atlantic in East LA (3018 tickets reversed) or in Union City (approx. 3000 tickets reversed). You need to get tape of the yellow light, before it gets fixed.
See how to do it, on the Your Ticket page.
Your Ticket page.

On your ticket, does the supposedly "red" light look yellow? To find out if it really is red, or yellow, see FAQ # 20 on the Links page.
Links page.

Does your "ticket" have the address of the Court on it? If it doesn't, or if it says, "Do not contact the court," it's not really a ticket at all - it's a police trick!
See the section entitled "Police Going Too Far... Snitch Tickets" on the Your Ticket page.
Corporal xtratabasco

Postby Titanic on Thu Oct 18, 2007 11:09 pm

xtratabasco wrote:
Titanic wrote:
xtratabasco wrote:

its obviously a money generator, they dont have to pay cops and they work 24/7 for free and speed has never even been in the top 5 reasons for accidents and deaths.

Not in the top 5 reason for deaths and accidents on the road? Proof please, with a link to a credible source (Driving Standards Agency or Road Transport or something similar) and for the UK, not the USA or anywhere else.
Major Titanic

Postby xtratabasco on Thu Oct 18, 2007 11:18 pm

Titanic wrote:
xtratabasco wrote:
Titanic wrote:
xtratabasco wrote:

Not in the top 5 reason for deaths and accidents on the road? Proof please, with a link to a credible source (Driving Standards Agency or Road Transport or something similar) and for the UK, not the USA or anywhere else.

1 young and unexperianced drivers

2 unatenative drivers

3 to old to drive

4 drunk drivers

5 faulty equipment and/or weather
Corporal xtratabasco

Postby Titanic on Fri Oct 19, 2007 12:08 am

xtratabasco wrote:
Titanic wrote:
xtratabasco wrote:
Titanic wrote:
xtratabasco wrote:

1 young and unexperianced drivers

2 unatenative drivers

3 to old to drive

4 drunk drivers

5 faulty equipment and/or weather

1 and 3 would come under driver errors if they were the cause of the accident, and so could 2. Faulty equipment and weather cause more deaths on the road then speeding. Plleeeeaseee......Even a biased website would not have statistics supporting that.

http://www.dft.gov.uk/162259/162469/221 ... 2006v1.pdf

Page 41 on that, 27% of accidents, and 34% of fatalities are from speeding. Only a drivers error is actually a bigger killer.
Major Titanic

Postby wicked on Fri Oct 19, 2007 12:15 am

xtra you're an idiot if you actually believe this crap you're peddling. Running red lights can cause fatalities or severe injuries because of Angle crashes, the second worst type of crash you can be in (head-on being the worst). The only effective way to get people to NOT run red lights is by using enforcement cameras. It's primary function is as a SAFETY tool, not a money generator.

And there's NO WAY faulty equipment causes more crashes than speeding, in the UK or the US.

And BTW, I do this for a living, so quit making shit up, mmmk? :wink:
Major wicked

Postby Titanic on Fri Oct 19, 2007 12:19 am

wicked wrote:xtra you're an idiot if you actually believe this crap you're peddling. Running red lights can cause fatalities or severe injuries because of Angle crashes, the second worst type of crash you can be in (head-on being the worst). The only effective way to get people to NOT run red lights is by using enforcement cameras. It's primary function is as a SAFETY tool, not a money generator.

And there's NO WAY faulty equipment causes more crashes than speeding, in the UK or the US.

Side on can be worse, because the only thing between you and the moving vehicle is a door. With head on youve got the engine and at least a metre of chasis, and the air bags are deployed for the head on accident.
Major Titanic

Postby wicked on Fri Oct 19, 2007 12:22 am

xtratabasco wrote:The highwayrobbery.net website has documented a number of similar simultaneous red and yellow tickets in California and traced the cause to a second factor -- the difference in speed between an LED bulb and a slightly slower incandescent bulb. If one signal head uses an LED and another an incandescent bulb, tickets can issue in cases equivalent to running a "red" light in the amount of time it takes for a light to appear after flipping a switch -- an amount so small that it is not detected by the human eye.

All signal heads at an intersection will all be of the same type, whether LED or not. Not sure actually what that passage is trying to say though... a thousandth of a second isn't going to matter anyway. Most red light cameras don't start until a set time after the beginning of the red phase anyway.
Major wicked

Postby wicked on Fri Oct 19, 2007 12:26 am

Titanic wrote:
wicked wrote:xtra you're an idiot if you actually believe this crap you're peddling. Running red lights can cause fatalities or severe injuries because of Angle crashes, the second worst type of crash you can be in (head-on being the worst). The only effective way to get people to NOT run red lights is by using enforcement cameras. It's primary function is as a SAFETY tool, not a money generator.

Side on can be worse, because the only thing between you and the moving vehicle is a door. With head on youve got the engine and at least a metre of chasis, and the air bags are deployed for the head on accident.

Each crash is different and level of injury depends on many factors, including speed and angle of collision. I'm talking generalities here. You can have a fatality occur in a Rear-End crash, which is typically the safest crash to be in, but not always. So yes, any one crash CAN be worse than another. Angle crashes are indeed considered a severe crash type.

xtra the conspiracy theorist.... lol.. I bet you think the traffic cameras on the highway are spying on you as well, eh? :lol:
Major wicked

Postby wicked on Fri Oct 19, 2007 12:33 am

From the IIHS site,

Myth: Like old-fashioned speed traps, photo enforcement is designed to make money, not protect the public.

Each year crashes involving red light running claim the lives of more than 800 people and injure another 200,000 people.1 More than half of the deaths in red light running crashes are other motorists and pedestrians, so there should be no debate about the fact that red light runners are dangerous drivers who put other road users at risk. A recent Insurance Institute for Highway Safety study in Oxnard, California, showed that red light running violations dropped a total of 42 percent after well publicized photo enforcement was introduced.2 Another study in Fairfax, Virginia, showed that violations declined about 40 percent after one year of photo enforcement.3 A key to all effective traffic law enforcement is publicity; without it there is no deterrent effect, and the purpose of red light cameras is deterrence.

Photo enforcement has such a strong deterrent effect precisely because it is not like so-called "speed traps." The old image of a speed trap was that of "secret" enforcement at a location where almost every driver speeds. Officers could pick and choose whomever they wished to cite, even drivers who barely exceeded the limit.

The objective of photo enforcement is to deter violations, not to surreptitiously catch violators. The more public the enforcement is, the better. Photo-enforcement cameras are in plain view, not hidden. There typically are signs and publicity campaigns warning drivers that photo enforcement is in use. And unlike speed traps, photo enforcement is fair. The cameras are programmed not to photograph vehicles turning right on red or caught in the intersection when the light changes. Only violators who meet objective criteria specifically designed to omit minor, unintended infractions are photographed. There is no potential for impermissible profiling or discriminatory enforcement where photo enforcement is in use.
Major wicked

Postby xtratabasco on Fri Oct 19, 2007 12:02 pm

[quote="wicked"]xtra you're an idiot if you actually believe this crap you're peddling. quote]

im not peddling anything

just applauding the camera busters..... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Corporal xtratabasco

Postby Guiscard on Fri Oct 19, 2007 1:29 pm

xtratabasco wrote:
wicked wrote:xtra you're an idiot if you actually believe this crap you're peddling. quote]

im not peddling anything

Do you believe the speed limit laws are wrong then? Is it right and proper to break those laws?

If its not, you've got no legs to stand on mate.

I seriously doubt you know anyone who's been in a bad accident which could have been prevented or lessened were the driver obeying the speed limit. Otherwise there's no way whatsoever you'd be spouting this absolute bollocks.

Postby xtratabasco on Fri Oct 19, 2007 4:13 pm

Guiscard wrote:
xtratabasco wrote:
wicked wrote:xtra you're an idiot if you actually believe this crap you're peddling. quote]

im not peddling anything

Do you believe the speed limit laws are wrong then? Is it right and proper to break those laws?

I seriously doubt you know anyone who's been in a bad accident which could have been prevented or lessened were the driver obeying the speed limit. Otherwise there's no way whatsoever you'd be spouting this absolute bollocks.

i dont like money/reveune generators.

if the fucking city cant hire and keep their lazy cops then f*ck em.

keep busting those cameras up boyzzz :D
Corporal xtratabasco

Postby Guiscard on Fri Oct 19, 2007 4:35 pm

xtratabasco wrote:
Guiscard wrote:
xtratabasco wrote:

im not peddling anything

i dont like money/reveune generators.

if the fucking city cant hire and keep their lazy cops then f*ck em.

keep busting those cameras up boyzzz :D

So you think thats why people are smashing them up? Because they think the government should increase physical police presence to deter speeding?

If no-one was breaking the law then speed cameras wouldn't generate any revenue now would they?

A much better tactic, were the people who oppose cameras in this way really bothered, would be to simply not break the speedlimit. Then you deny the government whatever corrupt revenue you think they're getting. In reality, thats not why people are doing this. They're doing it because they don't like having their freedom to break the law curtailed.

At the end of the day they are breaking the law. If no-one was breaking the law then they'd have no purpose but people DO constantly break the law and it is the governments duty to enforce it.

PreviousNext

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,