Conquer Club

Major League Soccer...discuss here

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Postby Anarkistsdream on Fri Oct 19, 2007 11:23 am

GreecePwns wrote:
Anarkistsdream wrote:I'm a Dallas Burn fan, myself.
They changed to FC Dallas, if that's what you're talking about. :wink:

I'm always gonna call them the Burn... 8)
virus90 wrote: I think Anarkist is a valuable asset to any game.
Cook Anarkistsdream

Postby GreecePwns on Fri Oct 19, 2007 5:14 pm

jnd94 wrote:Chicago Fire pwn your brains
I'll give it to you, they are much better than their record shows.
Chariot of Fire wrote:As for GreecePwns.....yeah, what? A massive debt. Get a job you slacker.

Viceroy wrote:[The Biblical creation story] was written in a time when there was no way to confirm this fact and is in fact a statement of the facts.
Corporal GreecePwns

Postby misterman10 on Fri Oct 19, 2007 9:54 pm

cena-rules wrote:Landon Donovan is the best MLS player ever
No denying that, but on the International level he is only slightly above average
Pleasant Chaps still suck cock.

Yakuza power.
Major misterman10

Postby MR. Nate on Sat Oct 20, 2007 11:09 am

DCU baby. Doesn't matter who leaves, they're always loaded. The most decorated club in MLS is about to get more decorated.
AAFitz wrote:There will always be cheaters, abusive players, terrible players, and worse. But we have every right to crush them.
MeDeFe wrote:This is a forum on the internet, what do you expect?

End the Flame Wars.
Corporal MR. Nate

Postby GreecePwns on Tue Nov 13, 2007 7:38 pm

Just thought I'd bump this for a recap:

DC vs. Chicago 2nd leg @ RFK gets my vote for game of the year for sure.

New England vs. Houston Dynamo

Who ya got?
Chariot of Fire wrote:As for GreecePwns.....yeah, what? A massive debt. Get a job you slacker.

Viceroy wrote:[The Biblical creation story] was written in a time when there was no way to confirm this fact and is in fact a statement of the facts.
Corporal GreecePwns

Postby edwinissweet on Tue Nov 13, 2007 7:44 pm

i thinks its crap that there is only one game for the conference championship. and mls is boring for the most part. i believe that instead of spending so muc money in one player they couldve payed that much to book all the players froma good european club
Lieutenant edwinissweet

Postby 0ojakeo0 on Tue Nov 13, 2007 7:46 pm

GreecePwns wrote:Just thought I'd bump this for a recap:

Who ya got?

rev-o-lution!!!! W00
hecter wrote:Hey... If your donkey eats my roosters feet, that means I have two feet of my cock in your ass.
Corporal 1st Class 0ojakeo0

Postby GreecePwns on Tue Nov 13, 2007 8:13 pm

0ojakeo0 wrote:
GreecePwns wrote:Just thought I'd bump this for a recap:

Who ya got?

rev-o-lution!!!! W00
Well for that, I got the Dynamo 3-0. j/k

Corporal GreecePwns

Houston Dynamo

Postby laxdudenick16 on Tue Nov 13, 2007 9:27 pm

Houston Dynamo all the way baby
Private 1st Class laxdudenick16

Re: Houston Dynamo

Postby GreecePwns on Tue Nov 13, 2007 9:37 pm

laxdudenick16 wrote:Houston Dynamo all the way baby
I really just want them to win because I hate the Revs and all other NE sports teams.

Corporal GreecePwns

Re: Houston Dynamo

Postby 0ojakeo0 on Tue Nov 13, 2007 9:43 pm

GreecePwns wrote:
laxdudenick16 wrote:Houston Dynamo all the way baby
I really just want them to win because I hate the Revs and all other NE sports teams.

Im predicting another twellman bicycle kick goal
hecter wrote:Hey... If your donkey eats my roosters feet, that means I have two feet of my cock in your ass.
Corporal 1st Class 0ojakeo0

Postby spurgistan on Wed Nov 14, 2007 8:41 pm

edwinissweet wrote:i thinks its crap that there is only one game for the conference championship. and mls is boring for the most part. i believe that instead of spending so muc money in one player they couldve payed that much to book all the players froma good european club

The thing is, MLS isn't trying to become a decent Euro-style league, because it honestly can't become one with the present level of fan interest in the US. Basically, if you're a fan of soccer in the United States, you probably follow some Euro club team anyways. These big acquisitions, whether they be mostly PR moves like Beckham or actually good footballers like Denilson or Blanco are mostly to improve the visibility of MLS rather than the talent pool. I don't see MLS ever challenging the supremacy of Europe; the best it could be would be as a developmental league for American talent.
Sergeant spurgistan

Postby GreecePwns on Wed Nov 14, 2007 9:47 pm

spurgistan wrote:
edwinissweet wrote:i thinks its crap that there is only one game for the conference championship. and mls is boring for the most part. i believe that instead of spending so muc money in one player they couldve payed that much to book all the players froma good european club

The thing is, MLS isn't trying to become a decent Euro-style league, because it honestly can't become one with the present level of fan interest in the US. Basically, if you're a fan of soccer in the United States, you probably follow some Euro club team anyways. These big acquisitions, whether they be mostly PR moves like Beckham or actually good footballers like Denilson or Blanco are mostly to improve the visibility of MLS rather than the talent pool. I don't see MLS ever challenging the supremacy of Europe; the best it could be would be as a developmental league for American talent.
I think it can grow, but definitely not European-like talent. I would say that right now, teams like the Houston Dynamo can compete with mid-table Championship teams (England's 2nd division), while teams like Real Salt Lake would be League 1 or 2 teams. At least that's what Preki said, and I agree. Since he played in both leagues, he should know what he is talking about.

And look at Fulham, they may not be the best England club, but the fact that 4 Americans can compete against these types of teams shows that the US is making progress.

Americans on Fulham
1 GK Kasey Keller
3 DF Carlos Bocanegra
20 FW Brian McBride (captain)
23 MF Clint Dempsey

Corporal GreecePwns

Previous

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,