Conquer Club

proverbs

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Postby Norse on Tue Oct 23, 2007 1:57 pm

btownmeggy wrote:.

Now, if someone like, I don't know, jay, xtratabasco, Norse, or Stopper were spewing anti-woman mumbojumbo, I would take that a bit more in stride, ignore it.

You're being a bit harsh to sloppy here.
b.k. barunt wrote:Snorri's like one of those fufu dogs who get all excited and dance around pissing on themself.

suggs wrote:scared off by all the pervs and wankers already? No? Then let me introduce myself, I'm Mr Pervy Wank.
Corporal 1st Class Norse

Postby Simonov on Wed Oct 24, 2007 2:42 pm

Stopper wrote:
ignotus wrote:
Rob821 wrote:Ummm...nice moustache for a woman.... http://www.ntesla.org/index.php

:shock:

What are you talking about? Nikola Tesla was a man. :roll:

If he didn't want to confuse English-speaking people like that, he shouldn't have had a girl's name.

And anyway, that link was a bit odd - how can Tesla be regarded as a "forgotten" scientist? He has a unit of measurement named after him!

his ideas were forgotten, i think that's what author (even though i haven't read the article) meant. he was talking about being able to conduct electricity trough air instead of "dalekovodi" (i don't know english word for those cables which transport electricity from powerplants to our homes). one croatian scientist (can't remember his name right now ) in US managed to do this but only to close ranges few months ago.... main problem with this idea is that you cannot charge people to transport electricity in this manner and everyone could do it so US governament made this part of Tesla's research disappear... at least this is what one theory says.
Corporal 1st Class Simonov

Postby Simonov on Wed Oct 24, 2007 2:48 pm

btownmeggy wrote:
Guiscard wrote:And been in a recent bestselling book and film.

Coffee and Cigarettes?

no, it was "The Prestige" i believe.

Postby Simonov on Wed Oct 24, 2007 3:28 pm

Meggy from town of B wrote:I'm not particularly insulted by anything you've said, no more than I am by the exact same stuff encountered nearly every moment of every day in my life. But I'd noticed a recent outbreak of anti-woman content in your posts. If you repeat it often enough it becomes true to you. Words have meaning. I really doubt you would find a joke about genocide in the Balkans funny enough to attempt to distinguish it from reality, BECAUSE IT IS REALITY, and so is the systematic and cultural oppression of women.

yes, words have meaning indeed.
android lust & I, parasite wrote:Words are weapons and we must use them carefully

but i have times when i speak/write all kind of things, if u heard me speak any of this things you most definitely wouldn't have taken me seriously. i sometimes have extreme ways of expressing myself and especially when it comes to humor.

i don't believe there is difference between man and women in intelligence. i respect women and think most of times they're the stronger sex (mentally), are more persistent in achieving their goals, and have many other good qualities. they have far more things on their back then man and it's harder for them to advance their carriers (due to prejudices and their "responsibilities" implemented by patriarchal society we live in).
there are also few flaws they have but we're all human so it's natural.

you don't have to worry about me Meg i believe my stances on this matter are pretty healthy, even believe that i'm more egalitarian then the most. i tend to judge people only on personal basis (for every one of us is rather different then the other).

about my compatriot Tesla i must say that his statement must be viewed in light of time he lived in (women were mostly undereducated then). he also had many opposing, even to say radical views how this is going to change in the future. here's a link to see his thoughts on this matter:
http://www.tfcbooks.com/tesla/1926-01-30.htm
(bet ya feminist would love this)

Postby btownmeggy on Wed Oct 24, 2007 5:56 pm

Simonov wrote:
btownmeggy wrote:
Guiscard wrote:And been in a recent bestselling book and film.

Coffee and Cigarettes?

no, it was "The Prestige" i believe.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olLYiTqLybo
Corporal btownmeggy

Postby btownmeggy on Wed Oct 24, 2007 5:57 pm

Simonov wrote:
Meggy from town of B wrote:I'm not particularly insulted by anything you've said, no more than I am by the exact same stuff encountered nearly every moment of every day in my life. But I'd noticed a recent outbreak of anti-woman content in your posts. If you repeat it often enough it becomes true to you. Words have meaning. I really doubt you would find a joke about genocide in the Balkans funny enough to attempt to distinguish it from reality, BECAUSE IT IS REALITY, and so is the systematic and cultural oppression of women.

yes, words have meaning indeed.
android lust & I, parasite wrote:Words are weapons and we must use them carefully

but i have times when i speak/write all kind of things, if u heard me speak any of this things you most definitely wouldn't have taken me seriously. i sometimes have extreme ways of expressing myself and especially when it comes to humor.

i don't believe there is difference between man and women in intelligence. i respect women and think most of times they're the stronger sex (mentally), are more persistent in achieving their goals, and have many other good qualities. they have far more things on their back then man and it's harder for them to advance their carriers (due to prejudices and their "responsibilities" implemented by patriarchal society we live in).
there are also few flaws they have but we're all human so it's natural.

you don't have to worry about me Meg i believe my stances on this matter are pretty healthy, even believe that i'm more egalitarian then the most. i tend to judge people only on personal basis (for every one of us is rather different then the other).

about my compatriot Tesla i must say that his statement must be viewed in light of time he lived in (women were mostly undereducated then). he also had many opposing, even to say radical views how this is going to change in the future. here's a link to see his thoughts on this matter:
http://www.tfcbooks.com/tesla/1926-01-30.htm
(bet ya feminist would love this)

Thank you, dear. That's exactly what I wanted to hear.

:)
Corporal btownmeggy

Postby riggable on Wed Oct 24, 2007 6:54 pm

btownmeggy wrote:
Stopper wrote:
btownmeggy wrote:Now, if someone like, I don't know, jay, xtratabasco, Norse, or Stopper were spewing anti-woman mumbojumbo, I would take that a bit more in stride, ignore it.

I've made one or two posts I'm not proud of, but I don't think I've ever spewed anti-woman mumbojumbo.

Of course you haven't. I can't imagine that you would ever do something like that.

So it was a joke.

:D

Wait, did I just get the point of the original post in this thread? It's funny because women are actually so much brainier than men??

You are fickle.

My quote is:

"all girls are fickle"

Bwahahahahahahhaha it was joke hahaha!

.... Real good their girly

My fo'realz quote is this:

"most film directors make films with their eyes, I make mine with my cojones"
-Alejandro Jodorosky.
Sergeant riggable

Postby satanspaladin on Thu Oct 25, 2007 3:35 pm

I happen to feel that the degree of a person's intelligence is directly

reflected by the number of conflicting attitudes she can bring to bear on

the same topic.
Are there many things in this cool-hearted world so utterly exquisite
as the pure love of one woman for another?
Sergeant 1st Class satanspaladin

Postby Norse on Thu Oct 25, 2007 3:44 pm

btownmeggy wrote:
Thank you, dear. That's exactly what I wanted to hear.

:)

We know who's wearing the trousers here....thanks for rubbing it in his face :wink:
Corporal 1st Class Norse

Postby satanspaladin on Fri Oct 26, 2007 2:29 pm

the only difference between saints and sinners is that every saint has a past while every sinner has a future .
Are there many things in this cool-hearted world so utterly exquisite
as the pure love of one woman for another?
Sergeant 1st Class satanspaladin

Previous

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,