Conquer Club

Music Diversity?

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Postby LePetitStella on Fri Nov 02, 2007 3:56 pm

im everywhere with music.

i got nat king cole, wu-tang, norah jones, billie holiday, n.w.a., bon jovi, ac-dc, the beatles, thunderheist, kavinsky....as long as i enjoy the tunes..im glad to add it to my playlist. ^_^
Yes, you just got beat by a girl...
Corporal 1st Class LePetitStella

Postby I GOT SERVED on Fri Nov 02, 2007 9:26 pm

khazalid wrote:y'all listen to shit music, though kudos to i got served for not being as woeful as the rest of you

flame away ; )

Golly gee whillikers! Thanks mister! :wink:

Highest score: 2512
Highest rank: 424
Captain I GOT SERVED

Postby muy_thaiguy on Fri Nov 02, 2007 9:30 pm

Guiscard wrote:
khazalid wrote:y'all listen to shit music, though kudos to i got served for not being as woeful as the rest of you

flame away ; )

How many Scots use the word y'all... :shock:
And a lot of Americans in the Costal States (East and West) call us in the MidWest and South idiots for it. :?
Last edited by muy_thaiguy on Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Eh, whatever."
-Anonymous

What, you expected something deep or flashy?
Private 1st Class muy_thaiguy

Postby F1fth on Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:08 pm

If anyone's into video game music done well, visit http://www.ocremix.org. It's got a few standard techno mixes, which I don't usually care for, but it has a LOT of awesome stuff (LoZ:ALttP Darkworld Jazz and Super Mario RPG's Booster's Theme done in surfer rock style come to mind as particularly creative ones).

Anyway, they have really high standards, as any song submitted is reviewed for a few weeks by their very picky panel. If it's any indicator, the owner of the site does a write up on every, single song that makes it on there. Good stuff.
<>---------------------------<>
......Come play CC Mafia,
.....where happiness lies
<>----------[Link]----------<>

REMEMBER NORSE // REMEMBER DANCING MUSTARD
Corporal F1fth

Postby static_ice on Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:43 pm

Mainly metal and indie, and anything that falls between. Also in hiphop I like DJ Shadow... and thats about it

oh and T-Bone Burnett... whatever genre he's in.
R.I.P. Chef
Sergeant static_ice

Postby Stymie on Sat Nov 03, 2007 2:25 am

Guiscard wrote:

flame away ; )

That would probably be the first one that I know of. I use it all the time. :lol:
Corporal Stymie

Postby Stymie on Sat Nov 03, 2007 2:28 am

muy_thaiguy wrote:
Guiscard wrote:

flame away ; )

And a lot of Americans in the Costal States (East and West) call us in the MidWest and South idiots for it. :?

I have never been called a idiot for saying Y'all. But I have been called a hick for saying it. :|
Corporal Stymie

Postby mybike_yourface on Sun Nov 04, 2007 3:15 am

just viking black metal.
Cadet mybike_yourface

Postby radiojake on Sun Nov 04, 2007 5:52 am

Guiscard wrote:
Have you heard Joe Strummer and the Mescaleros? His band before he died. Sort of folk/roots/country crossover. World music stuff really. Absolutely brilliant.

RIP Joe.

Joe Strummer was awesome, the mescaleros we're pretty good. Though I'm more of a fan of his work in The Clash
-- share what ya got --
Sergeant 1st Class radiojake

Postby Guiscard on Sun Nov 04, 2007 8:07 am

radiojake wrote:
Guiscard wrote:
Have you heard Joe Strummer and the Mescaleros? His band before he died. Sort of folk/roots/country crossover. World music stuff really. Absolutely brilliant.

RIP Joe.

Joe Strummer was awesome, the mescaleros we're pretty good. Though I'm more of a fan of his work in The Clash

Obviously the Clash were legendary, but he reached such a mature and interesting sound with the Mescaleros... I can't help liking it more I think.
qwert wrote:Can i ask you something?What is porpose for you to open these Political topic in ConquerClub? Why you mix politic with Risk? Why you not open topic like HOT AND SEXY,or something like that.
Private 1st Class Guiscard

Postby EvilPurpleMonkey on Mon Nov 05, 2007 2:10 am

Hmm...I can't really classify myself into one category, but this should give you a good outline. Anthrax, Cannibal Corpse (Only occasionally), Slayer, Korn, Motorhead, Rob Zombie, Powerman 5000, The Prodigy (Mostly their later stuff.), Daft Punk, Bloodhound Gang, System of a Down, The Gorillaz, The White Stripes, Pilot to Gunner, Sigur Ros, Rammstein, some Japanese music, Laibach and They Might be Giants. I also like Classical Opera, Stuff like Dies Irae, Oh Fortuna etc.

The only stuff I won't listen to is mainstream Rap, Country music, Love songs and Techno.
Private EvilPurpleMonkey

Postby F1fth on Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:03 am

mybike_yourface wrote:just viking black metal.

Like who? I actually thought most Viking metal bands were more in the death metal genre. (Although Gaahl of Gorgoroth believes in the Nordic gods, but that doesn't really count :wink: ).
<>---------------------------<>
......Come play CC Mafia,
.....where happiness lies
<>----------[Link]----------<>

REMEMBER NORSE // REMEMBER DANCING MUSTARD
Corporal F1fth

Postby muy_thaiguy on Mon Nov 05, 2007 11:01 am

EvilPurpleMonkey wrote:Hmm...I can't really classify myself into one category, but this should give you a good outline. Anthrax, Cannibal Corpse (Only occasionally), Slayer, Korn, Motorhead, Rob Zombie, Powerman 5000, The Prodigy (Mostly their later stuff.), Daft Punk, Bloodhound Gang, System of a Down, The Gorillaz, The White Stripes, Pilot to Gunner, Sigur Ros, Rammstein, some Japanese music, Laibach and They Might be Giants. I also like Classical Opera, Stuff like Dies Irae, Oh Fortuna etc.

The only stuff I won't listen to is mainstream Rap, Country music, Love songs and Techno.
Mainstream, or just in general?
"Eh, whatever."
-Anonymous

Muzak

Postby peanutsdad on Mon Nov 05, 2007 11:19 am

I like a lot of different styles of music, anything from big bands to frank Sinatra and Dean Martin or Bobby Darin to classic rock like led zepplin and erik clapton, to heavy metal like anthrax, and 80's hair bands like motley crue and def leapord. all the way up to todays popular music of Santannas (old and new stuff) eminem, matchbox 20, natalie embroglia and even some country ( my wife likes that so i have to listen at times).... So overall I'm confused, i like music in general.......

PD
Lieutenant peanutsdad

Postby Syzygy on Mon Nov 05, 2007 12:21 pm

I've actually recently developed an affinity for Infected Mushroom.

Anyone else into their stuff?
Sergeant 1st Class Syzygy

Re: Muzak

Postby muy_thaiguy on Mon Nov 05, 2007 12:59 pm

peanutsdad wrote:I like a lot of different styles of music, anything from big bands to frank Sinatra and Dean Martin or Bobby Darin to classic rock like led zepplin and erik clapton, to heavy metal like anthrax, and 80's hair bands like motley crue and def leapord. all the way up to todays popular music of Santannas (old and new stuff) eminem, matchbox 20, natalie embroglia and even some country ( my wife likes that so i have to listen at times).... So overall I'm confused, i like music in general.......

PD
Your eclectic.
"Eh, whatever."
-Anonymous

Re: Muzak

Postby RjBeals on Mon Nov 05, 2007 1:14 pm

muy_thaiguy wrote:
peanutsdad wrote:I like a lot of different styles of music, anything from big bands to frank Sinatra and Dean Martin or Bobby Darin to classic rock like led zepplin and erik clapton, to heavy metal like anthrax, and 80's hair bands like motley crue and def leapord. all the way up to todays popular music of Santannas (old and new stuff) eminem, matchbox 20, natalie embroglia and even some country ( my wife likes that so i have to listen at times).... So overall I'm confused, i like music in general.......

PD
Your eclectic.

You should listen to Radio Paradise. Online streaming "eclectic" free radio.
Private RjBeals

Postby Ocidean on Mon Nov 05, 2007 1:19 pm

I prefer Grunge, Post-grunge.

But like most rock bands

P.S. System of a down is modern opera :shock:

P.P.S Best songs are Pig and Tongue by Seether
Hmm...
Private Ocidean

Previous

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,