Conquer Club

I COULDN'T HAVE SAID IT BETTER!!!!!

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Postby Frigidus on Thu Nov 08, 2007 10:09 pm

graeme89 wrote:Going back to the original post, guns dont make you a killer? I think they do. All the guns in the USA couldnt protect the students in Columbine or Virg Tech. So where does that leave you? Arm prefects to protect students?
And what if the prefect goes crazy?.
The gun law in the USA was written over 200 years ago when the world was a totally different place. If George Washington was alive today i think he would probably agree with restrictions on firearms.

George Washington supported armed militia. I think that the founding fathers would find the idea of everyone owning firearms a bit extreme.
Sergeant Frigidus

Postby Frigidus on Thu Nov 08, 2007 10:12 pm

And before you jump on me, I refer to semi-automatic pistols and the like. Definitely different from a hunting rifle.
Sergeant Frigidus

Postby Nobunaga on Thu Nov 08, 2007 10:22 pm

... How did religion get into this? The original post had nothing religious about it.

... Oh yeah, somebody called Jay a "bible-thumper" and then it began.

... Shall I assume all "Liberals" are pot-smoking welfare-loving homosexuals?
Sergeant 1st Class Nobunaga

Postby Frigidus on Fri Nov 09, 2007 12:13 am

Nobunaga wrote:... How did religion get into this? The original post had nothing religious about it.

You haven't seen jay's other posts have you?
Sergeant Frigidus

Postby The Weird One on Fri Nov 09, 2007 12:14 am

Nobunaga wrote:... How did religion get into this? The original post had nothing religious about it.

well, now that you mention it. . . :wink:
sheepofdumb wrote:I'm not scum, just a threat to the town. There's a difference, thank you very much.

ga7 wrote: I'll keep my vote where it should be but just in case Vote Strike Wolf AND f*ck FLAMINGOS f*ck THEM HARD
Sergeant The Weird One

Postby The Gunslinger on Fri Nov 09, 2007 1:13 am

What is all this 'sovereign' nation bullshit? So it's not 'official' until western 'civilized' people say it is so?

Civilized? they were not civilized. Civilized people do not slaughter massive amounts of people for no reason. Civilized people do not make treaties then go break the treaties and make them void. Yup, having more powerful weapons makes you civilized. Natives shared everything they had with each other and were close knit people and they were just fine. We weren't savages so everyone who thinks that can stfu!

and about the original post he make a point about how its his RIGHT to NOT be tolerant.....no its not. I hate how everyone throws "its my right to blah blah blah because were in america." into their argument and its completely valid. read the constitution. Thats not your right it just makes you look like a bigot. In my personal opinion conservatives have used this excuse more often. Isn't it ironic that other conservatives are taking away your precious "rights" with just about every bill they pass?[/quote]
Private 1st Class The Gunslinger

Postby MeDeFe on Fri Nov 09, 2007 3:08 am

*makes a mental dose to start using slightly larger portions of irony*
Major MeDeFe

Location: Follow the trail of holes in other people's arguments.

Postby unriggable on Fri Nov 09, 2007 6:54 am

Frigidus wrote:
graeme89 wrote:Going back to the original post, guns dont make you a killer? I think they do. All the guns in the USA couldnt protect the students in Columbine or Virg Tech. So where does that leave you? Arm prefects to protect students?
And what if the prefect goes crazy?.
The gun law in the USA was written over 200 years ago when the world was a totally different place. If George Washington was alive today i think he would probably agree with restrictions on firearms.

George Washington supported armed militia. I think that the founding fathers would find the idea of everyone owning firearms a bit extreme.

Because it took 20 seconds to load a gun when it was written.
Cook unriggable

Postby b.k. barunt on Fri Nov 09, 2007 1:36 pm

The answer to gun control is certainly not to disarm the citizens who are law abiding - that is utter stupidity. Gun control has to start with harsh penalties for violence with guns - disarm the criminals first. As long as there are guns in the hands of criminals, it would be foolish for me to give up mine and leave my family unprotected. For that matter, as long as there are guns in the hands of the police, i'll stay armed as i don't trust them either. You "let'sgetridofalltheguns" folks have it ass backwards.

Honibaz
Cook b.k. barunt

Previous

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,