Conquer Club

yay i got ejected

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

yay i got ejected

Postby lord voldemort on Tue Nov 13, 2007 10:59 am

im pretty angry at the moment, i got thrown out of the game tonight (baseball) i hit a groundball to 3rd and running up the line the 1st basemen comes off the line to take the ball and make a tag, i run through him and i get ejected :( :evil:

this also happened in the finals last season *except that time i called the umpire a few choice swear words

wat are your thoughts???
Lieutenant lord voldemort

Postby alex_white101 on Tue Nov 13, 2007 11:03 am

i dont know what you are talking about, i dont play rounders.
''Many a true word is spoken in jest''
Corporal 1st Class alex_white101

Postby lord voldemort on Tue Nov 13, 2007 11:14 am

alex_white101 wrote:i dont know what you are talking about, i dont play rounders.

haha. rounders, u r heaps funny

please note this post may contain traces of sarcasm and very tasty pie

Postby jay_a2j on Tue Nov 13, 2007 11:22 am

As far as I know, the runner has the "right of way". If the 1st baseman is in your path, (to catch the ball from 3rd) too bad. If the 1st baseman already has the ball and you plow through him (because you already know you're out) that could be considered unsportsman-like behavior.
THE DEBATE IS OVER...
PLAYER57832 wrote:Too many of those who claim they don't believe global warming are really "end-timer" Christians.

JESUS SAVES!!!
Lieutenant jay_a2j

Postby lord voldemort on Tue Nov 13, 2007 11:25 am

jay_a2j wrote:As far as I know, the runner has the "right of way". If the 1st baseman is in your path, (to catch the ball from 3rd) too bad. If the 1st baseman already has the ball and you plow through him (because you already know you're out) that could be considered unsportsman-like behavior.

it was a 'bang-bang' play, like he caught it i hit him...it only bothers me cause i have to go to tribunal and i mite get suspended

Postby FiveThreeEight on Tue Nov 13, 2007 11:47 am

You didn't pull an 'Alex Rodriguez', did you?

And I like pie. Especially the tasty variety. :D
Corporal 1st Class FiveThreeEight

Postby Harijan on Tue Nov 13, 2007 11:47 am

your baseball league has a tribunal? Like for war crimes, or crimes against humanity?

That is one F'd up baseball league. If the ban you, sue them for limiting your career potential as a professional ball player. I am sure you can find a lawyer willing to take that case pro bono. I bet you could even win it.
Captain Harijan

Postby Harijan on Tue Nov 13, 2007 11:48 am

are you the kid who played in the little league world series last year?

If so, I would seriously consider suing for a ban.
Captain Harijan

Postby lord voldemort on Tue Nov 13, 2007 11:52 am

Harijan wrote:your baseball league has a tribunal? Like for war crimes, or crimes against humanity?

That is one F'd up baseball league. If the ban you, sue them for limiting your career potential as a professional ball player. I am sure you can find a lawyer willing to take that case pro bono. I bet you could even win it.

haha take them to court over a possible 2 match suspension, which is like 4 days of baseball. lol my arm could use the rest lol

no im 19 and i play the equiv to aa's in aus...so yes we have a tribunal...lol

Postby Minister Masket on Tue Nov 13, 2007 12:55 pm

You would think the "Most Powerful Dark Wizard in History" would know how to play a simple sport properly.
Homestly, why did you not simply kill everyone on the opposing team?
Default win for you!
Victrix Fortuna Sapientia

Private Minister Masket

Postby lord voldemort on Tue Nov 13, 2007 12:56 pm

Minister Masket wrote:You would think the "Most Powerful Dark Wizard in History" would know how to play a simple sport properly.
Homestly, why did you not simply kill everyone on the opposing team?
Default win for you!

u would think that ey, i know how to play, its the stupid umpires :evil:

Postby Skittles! on Tue Nov 13, 2007 2:43 pm

Yup, it's always the Umpires in sport.... :lol:
KraphtOne wrote:when you sign up a new account one of the check boxes should be "do you want to foe colton24 (it is highly recommended) "
Private Skittles!

Postby wrestler1ump on Tue Nov 13, 2007 3:15 pm

It really depends on whether your running into the first baseman was a result of your attempt to reach and stay on a base, or whether it was an intentional action intended to interfere with the play.

From the Jaksa and Evans Rules of Professional Baseball book: A runner has interfered with the flight of a thrown ball, a throw absent a batted ball, or a tag attempt only if such runner:

1) Commits an intentional action to interfere that disregards his try to get to a base safely.
2) Such action hinders a fielder trying to throw or trying to tag.

From your description, you neither committed an intentional act to interfere, nor was your action disregarding your intent to get to first base, nor did the collision even interfer because he never even dropped the ball. The umpire is wrong on all counts of whether there was interference, and has no defence for throwing you out of the game. Bring this up at whatever meeting they have, because the umpire is wrong.

I am an umpire myself and would never make a bad call such as the one this terrible umpire made. What level of ball is this by the way?
Private 1st Class wrestler1ump

Postby -ShadySoul- on Tue Nov 13, 2007 7:39 pm

alex_white101 wrote:i dont know what you are talking about, i dont play rounders.

and stop spaming Lovo :D
Highest rank: Major
Highest score: 2299
Highest score board place: 582

Winner of Number five's AOR Tournament.

Sergeant 1st Class -ShadySoul-

Postby 0ojakeo0 on Tue Nov 13, 2007 7:41 pm

I got ejected for hitting some kid on purpose. I wuz pitching and i knew him from school. good times. this little leauge year i broke my arm so i oculdnt play
hecter wrote:Hey... If your donkey eats my roosters feet, that means I have two feet of my cock in your ass.
Corporal 1st Class 0ojakeo0

Postby unriggable on Tue Nov 13, 2007 7:42 pm

0ojakeo0 wrote:I got ejected for hitting some kid on purpose. I wuz pitching and i knew him from school. good times. this little leauge year i broke my arm so i oculdnt play

Start a thread about it.
Cook unriggable

Postby 0ojakeo0 on Tue Nov 13, 2007 7:42 pm

unriggable wrote:
0ojakeo0 wrote:I got ejected for hitting some kid on purpose. I wuz pitching and i knew him from school. good times. this little leauge year i broke my arm so i oculdnt play

Start a thread about it.
good one :roll:
hecter wrote:Hey... If your donkey eats my roosters feet, that means I have two feet of my cock in your ass.
Corporal 1st Class 0ojakeo0

Postby lord voldemort on Tue Nov 13, 2007 9:38 pm

wrestler1ump wrote:It really depends on whether your running into the first baseman was a result of your attempt to reach and stay on a base, or whether it was an intentional action intended to interfere with the play.

From the Jaksa and Evans Rules of Professional Baseball book: A runner has interfered with the flight of a thrown ball, a throw absent a batted ball, or a tag attempt only if such runner:

1) Commits an intentional action to interfere that disregards his try to get to a base safely.
2) Such action hinders a fielder trying to throw or trying to tag.

From your description, you neither committed an intentional act to interfere, nor was your action disregarding your intent to get to first base, nor did the collision even interfer because he never even dropped the ball. The umpire is wrong on all counts of whether there was interference, and has no defence for throwing you out of the game. Bring this up at whatever meeting they have, because the umpire is wrong.

I am an umpire myself and would never make a bad call such as the one this terrible umpire made. What level of ball is this by the way?

u were an umpire, now it explains everything on why your...oh wait this isnt flame...nm

Postby soundout9 on Tue Nov 13, 2007 9:41 pm

I AM a umpire...I WOULD KICK YOUR ASS OUT!!! :twisted:

LOL really it depends i would have to see it.

Check my profile it even says im am :wink:
Private soundout9

Postby moomaster2000 on Tue Nov 13, 2007 10:35 pm

FiveThreeEight wrote:You didn't pull an 'Alex Rodriguez', did you?

And I like pie. Especially the tasty variety. :D

That was perfectly legal. people are just complaining cuz it hasn't been done in a while.
Corporal moomaster2000

Re: yay i got ejected

Postby TheProwler on Wed Nov 14, 2007 12:41 pm

lord voldemort wrote:im pretty angry at the moment, i got thrown out of the game tonight (baseball) i hit a groundball to 3rd and running up the line the 1st basemen comes off the line to take the ball and make a tag, i run through him and i get ejected :( :evil:

Does your league have a rule against malicious upright contact?

This is not a question about interference is it? I know you received a response that talked about the interference rule, but is that your concern? Did it happen in the 3-foot lane?

Did you really level him? Maybe you are gonna get one in the ear next time you play that team....
General TheProwler

Postby lord voldemort on Wed Nov 14, 2007 12:47 pm

yer i leveled him, he held onto the ball though :evil:
its the fact that he came off the base to make the tag i was running outside the line, so in the track ie on the right side of the base and i leveled him, i got thrown
i got a 2 game suspension, though i already served one game tonight and the next game is tomorrow arvo, so its almost all over

Postby TheProwler on Wed Nov 14, 2007 2:14 pm

lord voldemort wrote:yer i leveled him, he held onto the ball though :evil:
its the fact that he came off the base to make the tag i was running outside the line, so in the track ie on the right side of the base and i leveled him, i got thrown
i got a 2 game suspension, though i already served one game tonight and the next game is tomorrow arvo, so its almost all over

Haha, from your description, you were probably out by a few steps and decided to run at him. You should be tossed for that. That is poor sportsmanship.

This (malicious upright contact) is a play that is usually only acceptable at home plate because the catcher has some good protective equipment. Running violently into a first baseman who is just trying to apply a tag is a dirty play and I say "Good Job!" to the umpire that made the call. I think you'd better watch yourself next time you bat against this team too. You should get plunked.
General TheProwler

Postby diddle on Wed Nov 14, 2007 2:16 pm

TheProwler wrote:

Haha, from your description, you were probably out by a few steps and decided to run at him. You should be tossed for that. That is poor sportsmanship.

This (malicious upright contact) is a play that is usually only acceptable at home plate because the catcher has some good protective equipment. Running violently into a first baseman who is just trying to apply a tag is a dirty play and I say "Good Job!" to the umpire that made the call. I think you'd better watch yourself next time you bat against this team too. You should get plunked.

Ooooooh, you got told :lol:
Cadet diddle

Postby lord voldemort on Thu Nov 15, 2007 12:45 am

TheProwler wrote:

it was a bang bang play he caught it i hit him....and i expect to get roughed up next time against them

though i had a beer with them after the game and they were chilled

and this is senour baseball collisions are allowed :lol:

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,