Conquer Club

Excessive Force?

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Was excessive force used?

Total votes : 0

Postby HayesA on Thu Nov 22, 2007 1:35 pm

Don't forget, there was a recent death from a tasering recently.
http://www.boingboing.net/2007/10/26/ta ... vanco.html

I don't support tasers being an acceptable use of force. Even on those who resist arrest. It's perfectly easy to subdue a person using only hands. Plus, police still carry those nightsticks right? Plus mase if i'm correct? There you have it, I would be able to win any fight even with the nightstick. Police are trained in hand to hand combat at the Academy. They are trained to use pressure points, and breaking points on the subjects body. Apply only enough force to make it look like if the subject moves again, their arm will be broken. Trust me, no one likes that feeling of helplessness. Plus, the pain enough should make sure they don't get back up again to fight.

While the Police have an important role in "keeping us safe." They also have an even more important role in upholding the law. If a poilice officer lies, or otherwise breaks the very law he/she has sworn to uphold, they should no longer be a police officer. Period.

We, as a public, need to question the police at every turn. Obviously, not in such a way this guy did, but in the Courts. Accept your citation, sign ONLY that you have accepted it. Pay the fine if you really are guilty of it. But if you think you have broken no law, fight it in court.
Sergeant HayesA

Postby DaGip on Fri Nov 23, 2007 1:25 am

HayesA wrote:Don't forget, there was a recent death from a tasering recently.
http://www.boingboing.net/2007/10/26/ta ... vanco.html

I don't support tasers being an acceptable use of force. Even on those who resist arrest. It's perfectly easy to subdue a person using only hands. Plus, police still carry those nightsticks right? Plus mase if i'm correct? There you have it, I would be able to win any fight even with the nightstick. Police are trained in hand to hand combat at the Academy. They are trained to use pressure points, and breaking points on the subjects body. Apply only enough force to make it look like if the subject moves again, their arm will be broken. Trust me, no one likes that feeling of helplessness. Plus, the pain enough should make sure they don't get back up again to fight.

While the Police have an important role in "keeping us safe." They also have an even more important role in upholding the law. If a poilice officer lies, or otherwise breaks the very law he/she has sworn to uphold, they should no longer be a police officer. Period.

We, as a public, need to question the police at every turn. Obviously, not in such a way this guy did, but in the Courts. Accept your citation, sign ONLY that you have accepted it. Pay the fine if you really are guilty of it. But if you think you have broken no law, fight it in court.

THis story sucks so bad! The story behind the story is horrendous!
I agree mostly with what you are saying, but I think tasering is a better alternative...what happened at the airport I think was he got tasered and the cops piled on top of him full force! The one cop placed his knee and his weight on the man's neck which I believe choked him to death. I don't believe the taser actually killed him...the cops did!

But perhaps I am wrong.

I would, however, rather see someone get tasered than shot.

In a perfect world, why can't we all just...get along?
Army of GOD wrote:This thread is now about my large penis
Sergeant 1st Class DaGip

Postby HayesA on Fri Nov 23, 2007 2:43 am

Tasers use electricity right? Just so we know, and understand that fact.

Now, what happens when the normal man, aged 35-40, decides to show some sort of resistance to an officer at a normal traffic stop? Even if it's unintended, and this is just the way this guy is to everyone else. This guy is then tasered because he resisted just so much, to such a degree that the police officer somehow feels threatened? This man will receive the normal electric pulses am I correct thus far?

Well, what is unknown to the officer at the time is that this man has a bad heart. (It's very possible.) And this man has one of those things that help your heart beat. (I forget the technical name for it. My apologies.) This devices receives this pulse of electricity. It stops working. This man suffers a fatal cardiac arrest on the spot while the offices us placing him in restraints.

What then? Police need to decide on the spot if the resistance warrants the taser to be used to subdue the suspect. I believe the only acceptable time for the taser to be used is on armed subjects who have clear intents to harm the officer.

Acceptable use of force has been in debate for well over the past 100 years. But while the debate has been going on, police are trained, or should have been trained, to handle any situation without using force. The exceptions being against people brandishing weapons with obvious intent to cause bodily harm to the officer. And if force is warranted, and the only way to de-escalate the situation to bring it back under control, it should be very scarce force.

I just fear that police are relying on the taser too much to subdue suspects. Without first thinking about the effects on the human body. Sure, they all get tasered at the Academy. But not everybody is built like a cop! Not everybody trains their body, and are in excellent condition.

My apologies for sounding like I'm beating a dead horse here. I feel as though i am. Ha ha. So, good night everybody, and good luck. :wink:
Sergeant HayesA

Postby jiminski on Fri Nov 23, 2007 7:42 am

that copper wanted to test out his toy on a prick he immediately did not like.

Wealthy dweeb in a swanky 4 wheel drive... with the audacity to question the little piece of authority in the policeman's life.

Don;t get me wrong, America must be a tough place to police and who can tell who has a gun .. but that weedy, stroppy little fella a threat? had a gun? .. that policeman did not once feel threatened! Body language was very telling for both parties.

This particular incident was about authority and an instant individual dislike.
Lieutenant jiminski

Postby zarro on Fri Nov 23, 2007 7:48 am

Well with some duct tape and a few 9 volts the cop can suffer my tazer! Right before he tazes me and i get the crap beaten out of me... good times
Private zarro

Postby DaGip on Fri Nov 23, 2007 12:22 pm

zarro wrote:Well with some duct tape and a few 9 volts the cop can suffer my tazer! Right before he tazes me and i get the crap beaten out of me... good times

I am now inventing The Taze Suit. It will, in effect, protect the wearer from any tazing. In addition, the suit will absorb the energy of the taze, and you can opt to either:

1. Recharge your cellphone or laptop

2. Create an energy ball, and shoot it back at the cop
Army of GOD wrote:This thread is now about my large penis
Sergeant 1st Class DaGip

Postby zarro on Fri Nov 23, 2007 12:25 pm

DaGip wrote:
zarro wrote:Well with some duct tape and a few 9 volts the cop can suffer my tazer! Right before he tazes me and i get the crap beaten out of me... good times

I am now inventing The Taze Suit. It will, in effect, protect the wearer from any tazing. In addition, the suit will absorb the energy of the taze, and you can opt to either:

It's so crazy it might work! I'll order one when your done. No more screwing with cell phone chargers!!!
Private zarro

Postby heavycola on Fri Nov 23, 2007 12:28 pm

zarro wrote:
DaGip wrote:

It's so crazy it might work! I'll order one when your done. No more screwing with cell phone chargers!!!

yeah, but you have to find a cop, and piss him off. Sometimes there just isn't a fascist around when you need one.
Corporal 1st Class heavycola

Postby 2dimes on Fri Nov 23, 2007 12:51 pm

heavycola wrote:
zarro wrote:
DaGip wrote:

yeah, but you have to find a cop, and piss him off. Sometimes there just isn't a fascist around when you need one.

In Canada?

Their everywhere, killed 11 people with tazers.
Corporal 2dimes

Previous

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,