Conquer Club

Why Plymouth Rock?

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Why Plymouth Rock?

Postby Iz Man on Thu Nov 22, 2007 9:01 am

Why did the pilgrims on the Mayflower "pick" Plymouth Rock, of all places?

Beer.

Beer did, indeed, come over on the Mayflower. When the crew began to run short of supplies, they dropped the pilgrims at Plymouth, instead of at the mouth of the Hudson River as planned, and headed for home, keeping the beer that remained.
According to Edward Winslow, author of "Mourt's Relation: A Journal of the Pilgrims at Plymouth, 1622": "We could not now take the time for further search or consideration, our victuals being much spent, especially our beer."

So you see, if it were not for beer, we would have a completely different story of Thanksgiving..... 8)
"Give me a woman who loves beer and I will conquer the world."
-Kaiser Wilhelm II
Lieutenant Iz Man

Postby 0ojakeo0 on Thu Nov 22, 2007 9:02 am

ive been there
hecter wrote:Hey... If your donkey eats my roosters feet, that means I have two feet of my cock in your ass.
Corporal 1st Class 0ojakeo0

Postby unriggable on Thu Nov 22, 2007 9:41 am

Shut up jake.
Cook unriggable

Re: Why Plymouth Rock?

Postby Guiscard on Thu Nov 22, 2007 11:57 am

Iz Man wrote:Why did the pilgrims on the Mayflower "pick" Plymouth Rock, of all places?

Beer.

Beer did, indeed, come over on the Mayflower. When the crew began to run short of supplies, they dropped the pilgrims at Plymouth, instead of at the mouth of the Hudson River as planned, and headed for home, keeping the beer that remained.
According to Edward Winslow, author of "Mourt's Relation: A Journal of the Pilgrims at Plymouth, 1622": "We could not now take the time for further search or consideration, our victuals being much spent, especially our beer."

So you see, if it were not for beer, we would have a completely different story of Thanksgiving..... 8)

I thought Plymouth Rock was an urban myth... no reference to it until a century later, certainly no reference to it in Mourt... But an interesting anecdote none the less. Will set us in good stead for Luns beer subsidy program. Historical precedent and all that...
qwert wrote:Can i ask you something?What is porpose for you to open these Political topic in ConquerClub? Why you mix politic with Risk? Why you not open topic like HOT AND SEXY,or something like that.
Private 1st Class Guiscard

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,