Conquer Club

america

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Postby got tonkaed on Sat Nov 24, 2007 12:38 pm

Frigidus wrote:
got tonkaed wrote:
Napoleon Ier wrote:
Tyr wrote:oh i forgot how much the french helped in world war 2

people tend to.

its not that people tend to forget how much france helped out in ww2 as many are taught they simply got ran over and that was that.

Education is generally a huge let-down when it comes to US History (in America at least). From what I've heard from people older than me it's come a long way, but it still has an incredible bias...it really is just outrageous.

You could say that about a lot of American education. Seemingly more history specific at least is that there are a lot of voices that students just are not hearing anything about. Even more the gap between what students might learn in some of the AP classes and the regular classes is a bit appaling as well.

The end result is that you get a fairly unknowledgable section of the population about history which is bad enough on its own, along with a larger group of people who dont really seem to care, which is probably just as bad if not worse.
Cadet got tonkaed

Postby Chris7He on Sat Nov 24, 2007 9:18 pm

Frigidus wrote:
got tonkaed wrote:
Napoleon Ier wrote:
Tyr wrote:oh i forgot how much the french helped in world war 2

people tend to.

its not that people tend to forget how much france helped out in ww2 as many are taught they simply got ran over and that was that.

Education is generally a huge let-down when it comes to US History (in America at least). From what I've heard from people older than me it's come a long way, but it still has an incredible bias...it really is just outrageous.

You also forget to mention the American Japanese being put in US concentration camps.
Corporal 1st Class Chris7He

Previous

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,