Conquer Club

AP Bio help

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Postby Strife on Tue Nov 27, 2007 7:28 pm

soundout9 wrote:Strife you are a loser...at my school in my AD bio class we are learning about the stupid DNA and RNA a crap. We are more in deff than just the parts of the cell (which we already did) :wink:

This was an old test, I got back last wednesday. I got those questions wrong and I can't understand why. We are currently studying arachnids...
Corporal Strife

Postby misterman10 on Tue Nov 27, 2007 7:28 pm

soundout9 wrote:
misterman10 wrote:
Strife wrote:
dustn64 wrote:I did this in regular Biology...
Its the same class, just faster paced and more review of old work. :?
exactly, AP classes are jokes :lol:

Then ALL of classes are jokes cause im in all ADVANCE classes :wink:
AP classes are jokes because they have "AP" in front of them but are no different than regular classes. They only slightly look better on your transcript :?
Pleasant Chaps still suck cock.

Yakuza power.
Major misterman10

Postby soundout9 on Tue Nov 27, 2007 8:15 pm

misterman10 wrote:
soundout9 wrote:
misterman10 wrote:
Strife wrote:
dustn64 wrote:I did this in regular Biology...
Its the same class, just faster paced and more review of old work. :?
exactly, AP classes are jokes :lol:

Then ALL of classes are jokes cause im in all ADVANCE classes :wink:
AP classes are jokes because they have "AP" in front of them but are no different than regular classes. They only slightly look better on your transcript :?

What is AP cause here they are call ADV for advance studies english 9, advance studies modern history, advance studies biology, and then there is geometry which is an advance class for a freshman
Private soundout9

Postby soundout9 on Tue Nov 27, 2007 8:17 pm

Strife wrote:
soundout9 wrote:Strife you are a loser...at my school in my AD bio class we are learning about the stupid DNA and RNA a crap. We are more in deff than just the parts of the cell (which we already did) :wink:

This was an old test, I got back last wednesday. I got those questions wrong and I can't understand why. We are currently studying arachnids...

Thats next semester i think...what did you get wrong..I actually did good on my test about cell parts...although we had a cell video project that was worth 100 points and me and my partner screwed around the whole time and ended up with like a 75 or something :lol: The in the video we were suppose to name ALL the cell parts in animals AND plants....took FOREVER!
Private soundout9

Postby Neoteny on Tue Nov 27, 2007 11:15 pm

Strife wrote:Ok this was my answer on the test. All I find in the sites tell me the same thing. I can't find out what I did wrong...

Cells fall into one of two categories, prokaryotic or eukaryotic. In a prokaryotic cell, found only in bacteria and archaebacteria(-Spelling?), all the components, including the DNA, mingle freely in the cell’s interior, a single compartment. Eukaryotic cells, which make up plants, animals, fungi, and all other life forms, contain numerous compartments, or organelles, within each cell. The DNA in eukaryotic cells is enclosed in a special organelle called the nucleus, which serves as the cell’s command center.

Eukaryotes, insides of the cells are organized into separate membrane wrapped organelles, including a nucleus and mitochondria. An important organelle found in eukaryotic algae is the chloroplast, which contains the light-absorbing pigments responsible for capturing the energy in sunlight during photosynthesis. In most algae the primary pigment is chlorophyll, the same green pigment used in plants.

Chloroplasts, a organelle, contain numerous internal compartments called thylakoids where enzymes aid in the energy conversion process. A function of this is to create glucose. The purpose of glucose would be to form ATP for energy.

Aside from some grammar issues :wink: I don't see much wrong with it. The thing I would have counted off for is that ATP is formed via creation of a proton gradient across the thylakoid membrane, which powers ATP synthase, I believe. Some glycolysis (which converts glucose to energy) occurs in the stroma of the chloroplasts, but the thylakoids' main function is that proton gradient. How much did you have counted off? The only thing I can think of is that your teacher may have also wanted some more detail on non-photosynthetic organisms. I don't know the actual question so I can't give you the actual answer.
Napoleon Ier wrote:You people need to grow up to be honest.
Major Neoteny

Postby got tonkaed on Wed Nov 28, 2007 4:19 pm

kwanton wrote:I GOT A 3 ON AP BIO!

did you get credit for that?
Cadet got tonkaed

Postby Neoteny on Wed Nov 28, 2007 8:24 pm

Sadly, I think I only got a 3 too. I wish I could go back and take it now that I actually pay attention.
Major Neoteny

Postby Strife on Wed Nov 28, 2007 8:28 pm

Neoteny wrote:

Sadly, I think I only got a 3 too. I wish I could go back and take it now that I actually pay attention.
A 3? What is that? lol, My school uses letter grades. If you mean what I think, it's the equivalent of a B.
Corporal Strife

Postby Neoteny on Wed Nov 28, 2007 8:29 pm

Strife wrote:
Neoteny wrote:

A 3? What is that? lol, My school uses letter grades. If you mean what I think, it's the equivalent of a B.

It's the AP test scoring curve. 5 is highest. 3 is about average. 1 is lowest.
Major Neoteny

Re: AP Bio help

Postby EvilPurpleMonkey on Wed Nov 28, 2007 8:49 pm

Strife wrote:Could someone post, all the parts of a cell, some info bout organelles, and organelle structures, please. Thanks to any and everyone who helps. ;)
Ha, I learned this shit in grade 6.
Private EvilPurpleMonkey

Re: AP Bio help

Postby fireedud on Wed Nov 28, 2007 9:11 pm

EvilPurpleMonkey wrote:
Strife wrote:Could someone post, all the parts of a cell, some info bout organelles, and organelle structures, please. Thanks to any and everyone who helps. ;)
Ha, I learned this shit in grade 6.

they probably learned more stuff.
me have no sig
Cook fireedud

Previous

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,