Conquer Club

Get to Know Ron Paul

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Get to Know Ron Paul

Postby Tyr on Wed Dec 05, 2007 7:41 pm

[yay ron paul

go to this link if you dont know who he is

http://youtube.com/watch?v=yCM_wQy4YVg
most people who want to share their veiws with you dont want you to share yours with them
Cadet Tyr

Postby unriggable on Wed Dec 05, 2007 7:43 pm

Who the hell doens't know who ron paul is who visits these forums...
Cook unriggable

Postby Tyr on Wed Dec 05, 2007 7:45 pm

some people might know who he is but not his veiws on things so here it is
most people who want to share their veiws with you dont want you to share yours with them
Cadet Tyr

Postby soundout9 on Wed Dec 05, 2007 7:54 pm

I ♥ ron paul!
Private soundout9

Postby Nobunaga on Wed Dec 05, 2007 8:07 pm

... somebody kill this thread, please. Can't you guys recycle one of the many previous Ron Paul threads?

... I've nothing against you, it's just that this is the umpteenth Ron Paul thread.

Sergeant 1st Class Nobunaga

Postby vtmarik on Wed Dec 05, 2007 8:09 pm

Call me when he wins and actually does what his platform says he'll do. Until then, I'm not gonna jump in to the big "He'll save us all" bandwagon....

...there be snakes in there.
Initiate discovery! Fire the Machines! Throw the switch Igor! THROW THE F***ING SWITCH!
Cadet vtmarik

Postby Guiscard on Wed Dec 05, 2007 8:10 pm

vtmarik wrote:Call me when he wins and actually does what his platform says he'll do. Until then, I'm not gonna jump in to the big "He'll save us all" bandwagon....

I doubt your gonna get that call... And not because he won't deliver...
qwert wrote:Can i ask you something?What is porpose for you to open these Political topic in ConquerClub? Why you mix politic with Risk? Why you not open topic like HOT AND SEXY,or something like that.
Private 1st Class Guiscard

Postby Snorri1234 on Wed Dec 05, 2007 8:20 pm

vtmarik wrote:Call me when he wins and actually does what his platform says he'll do. Until then, I'm not gonna jump in to the big "He'll save us all" bandwagon....

Let's revert back to the goldstandard even though that is stupid even according to the most right-wing republicans with an economic comprehension!
"Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice skate uphill."

Duane: You know what they say about love and war.
Tim: Yes, one involves a lot of physical and psychological pain, and the other one's war.
Private Snorri1234

Postby Heimdall on Wed Dec 05, 2007 8:30 pm

Wow, thanks for the link.

I'm actually quite surprise by his views and it's nice to see a candidate with integrity. I'm usually a democrat, but this is actually a republican who could win my vote (if i was American).
Lieutenant Heimdall

Postby Risktaker17 on Wed Dec 05, 2007 8:31 pm

soundout9 wrote:I ♥ ron paul!

How did you make a heart?
Highest place: 40 1/17/08
Highest point total: 2773 1/17/08
Top Poster Position: 97th
Captain Risktaker17

Postby Dancing Mustard on Wed Dec 05, 2007 8:33 pm

Guiscard wrote:

I doubt your gonna get that call... And not because he won't deliver...

More likely he won't perform...

... I hear it happens to all guys at least once in their life. I'm told stress is a factor.
Wayne wrote:Wow, with a voice like that Dancing Mustard must get all the babes!

Garth wrote:Yeah, I bet he's totally studly and buff.
Corporal Dancing Mustard

Postby Tyr on Wed Dec 05, 2007 8:44 pm

Snorri1234 wrote:

Let's revert back to the goldstandard even though that is stupid even according to the most right-wing republicans with an economic comprehension!

if you watched the clip you would know he doesnt want to go back to a gold standard only to stabalize the valueof the dollar instead of rampant inflation
Cadet Tyr

Postby Skittles! on Wed Dec 05, 2007 8:46 pm

You have to vote Ron Paul, he's for the constitution!
Private Skittles!

Postby soundout9 on Wed Dec 05, 2007 8:46 pm

Risktaker17 wrote:
soundout9 wrote:I ♥ ron paul!

How did you make a heart?

It is a secret :roll:

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥☺☺☺☺☺☺☺
Private soundout9

Postby Frigidus on Wed Dec 05, 2007 9:11 pm

You know, the first Ron Paul thread was interesting but I'm starting to hate the guy because of threads like these.
Sergeant Frigidus

Postby riggable on Wed Dec 05, 2007 9:13 pm

GOOGLE IS GOING TO TAKE OVER THE WORLD.
Sergeant riggable

Postby jay_a2j on Wed Dec 05, 2007 9:14 pm

CC ♥'s Ron Paul! :D
THE DEBATE IS OVER...
PLAYER57832 wrote:Too many of those who claim they don't believe global warming are really "end-timer" Christians.

JESUS SAVES!!!
Lieutenant jay_a2j

Postby Skittles! on Wed Dec 05, 2007 9:15 pm

jay_a2j wrote:CC ♥'s Ron Paul! :D

No, I do not ♥ Ron Paul, please make amends for thinking more than half of us actually care for the old guy.
Private Skittles!

Postby radiojake on Wed Dec 05, 2007 9:40 pm

I watched about 25 minutes of it.

I'm just wondering when it will be before everyone realises that carrying on with our current standard of living is not in any way shape or form even slightly realistic or viable. Irrespective of global warming (whether you believe it or not) - you can't deny the fact that humans take and use more resources than what is being produced by the Earth. It's going to catch up soon, and we're all fucked then. Doesn't matter that your 'economic' policy was conservative and not based on debt or whatever the f*ck, as none of that will mean shit when we're living on a dead planet.

I don't give a f*ck about the economy, and people who care more about this mythological system more than the very very real system of environment are diluded, brainwashed morons. The state of the environment is at critical point and noone ever seems to give a f*ck or do anything about it, and when people do (activists who tree sit etc) they end up getting arrested. That's how fucked up and backward our society is.

Ron Paul ain't gonna change shit, nothing important anyway
-- share what ya got --
Sergeant 1st Class radiojake

Postby Guiscard on Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:43 am

radiojake wrote:I don't give a f*ck about the economy

Wow. You do realise you're sort of going to have to give a f*ck about the economy to make any kind of environmental difference... It isn't a mythological construct its the inherent base for our political, international and social systems - the same base from which we will have to act to conserve a hospitable environment... At the end of the day, it is economic factors, not tree-sitting activists, who will make the difference. If we move to a greener economy, if we change the use of natural resources in our industrial systems, then we will have a much greater hope than if we simply all go out and chain ourselves to a tree. It is the big economic decisions that matter. Thats why it is so crucial we reach a worldwide economic consensus on how we're going to move forward without destroying that which is of benefit to us.
qwert wrote:Can i ask you something?What is porpose for you to open these Political topic in ConquerClub? Why you mix politic with Risk? Why you not open topic like HOT AND SEXY,or something like that.

Postby radiojake on Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:55 am

Guiscard wrote:

Wow. You do realise you're sort of going to have to give a f*ck about the economy to make any kind of environmental difference... It isn't a mythological construct its the inherent base for our political, international and social systems - the same base from which we will have to act to conserve a hospitable environment... At the end of the day, it is economic factors, not tree-sitting activists, who will make the difference. If we move to a greener economy, if we change the use of natural resources in our industrial systems, then we will have a much greater hope than if we simply all go out and chain ourselves to a tree. It is the big economic decisions that matter. Thats why it is so crucial we reach a worldwide economic consensus on how we're going to move forward without destroying that which is of benefit to us.

Granted.
But under the same guise of 'keeping the economy strong' and 'creating employment', there is going to be a big f*ck off Pulp Mill set up in Tasmania which will only further erradicate Tasmania's old growth forests. The whole system of capitalism is to make as much money as you can, if that means cutting down a forest (then replacing it with a homogenised farm of the same tree in straight lines.. this is not a forrest!) then it'll happen.

My 'i don't give a f*ck about the economy' stance stems from the fact that I truly believe that we are fucked in the near future, once our unsustainable lifestyles catch up with us. Money can't buy fresh water if there isn't any around!

I really don't see how it's possible for this society that we are in today to continue as is. It's based on oppression (of animals and the third world) exploitation (sweat shops) and a stupid mentality of consumerism. Everyone wants more, they want it better, and they want it now. - -It's not going to be able to continue like this
-- share what ya got --

Postby Guiscard on Thu Dec 06, 2007 8:02 am

radiojake wrote:
Guiscard wrote:

Granted.
But under the same guise of 'keeping the economy strong' and 'creating employment', there is going to be a big f*ck off Pulp Mill set up in Tasmania which will only further erradicate Tasmania's old growth forests. The whole system of capitalism is to make as much money as you can, if that means cutting down a forest (then replacing it with a homogenised farm of the same tree in straight lines.. this is not a forrest!) then it'll happen.

My 'i don't give a f*ck about the economy' stance stems from the fact that I truly believe that we are fucked in the near future, once our unsustainable lifestyles catch up with us. Money can't buy fresh water if there isn't any around!

I really don't see how it's possible for this society that we are in today to continue without destroying everything at the current rate -

What I'm saying is that you can't say 'f*ck the economy' and still want to promote enovironmental changes. The eonvrionment IS the economy. We're all aware of the evils of capitalism. I don't agree with it any more than you do. But you can't ignore it. That will do more harm than good. One of the most heartening things about the recent 'trend' for green issues in the UK is that, whilst it may be a little superficial to buy fair trade chocolate or drive a Prius, it is making the government take notice. The next election will have green issues as a fairly central theme. Politicians know that, in the UK at least, they can't win elections if they go along with the whole 'global warming is bunk, more money is all that matters' road. Perhaps the US is a little behind in that regard, but hopefully it will get there.

Then we've just got China and India to deal with...

Postby heavycola on Thu Dec 06, 2007 8:07 am

Yes, but what is Ron Paul's stance?

Let me tell you: feet apart, hands on hips, pelvis thrust slightly outwards, staring right through you with those 'come to bed, america' eyes.

Ron Paul. He's attracting everyone. Except homos.
Corporal 1st Class heavycola

Postby radiojake on Thu Dec 06, 2007 8:16 am

Guiscard wrote: One of the most heartening things about the recent 'trend' for green issues in the UK is that, whilst it may be a little superficial to buy fair trade chocolate or drive a Prius, it is making the government take notice. The next election will have green issues as a fairly central theme.

Actually, interestingly enough going 'Green' is very in vogue over here in Australia too, it's just more that (to me anyway) it feels like another advertising angle. Like Virgin Airlines saying they're 'green' if you donate an extra $2 to your flight costs, which they will then use to 'offset your carbon emissions' with some environmental programme.

People talk about going green and all the like but don't actually do anything with substance about it. But yes, granted, it is still early days. But I don't want to see another BMW billboard calling their new car 'Green' - calling a car green is just stupid. It pollutes less than an old one, but it still pollutes!

Guiscard wrote:Then we've just got China and India to deal with...

And here is where the camels back will break - so to speak - The worst thing about these two countries situation is that they will probably cop most of the blame once resources do run out, but it would be awfully unfair to put it squarely on them
-- share what ya got --

Postby Guiscard on Thu Dec 06, 2007 8:53 am

Last edited by Guiscard on Thu Dec 06, 2007 9:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Next

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,