Conquer Club

For or Against Bush

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Is bush a good or bad president?

Total votes : 0

Postby strike wolf on Wed Jul 26, 2006 11:02 pm

I don't know why I view this I never post. :?
Last edited by strike wolf on Thu Jul 27, 2006 12:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cadet strike wolf

Postby reverend_kyle on Thu Jul 27, 2006 12:12 am

DANCING MUSTARD FOR POOP IN '08!
Sergeant reverend_kyle

Postby jay_a2j on Thu Jul 27, 2006 12:20 am

reverend_kyle wrote:Image

No patriotism means loving your country more then your own agenda.
THE DEBATE IS OVER...
PLAYER57832 wrote:Too many of those who claim they don't believe global warming are really "end-timer" Christians.

JESUS SAVES!!!
Lieutenant jay_a2j

Postby theosi on Thu Jul 27, 2006 12:30 am

ROFL LMAO
Someone should have informed BUSH of this before he went up for PRESIDENT!
Private theosi

Postby reverend_kyle on Thu Jul 27, 2006 12:38 am

jay_a2j wrote:
reverend_kyle wrote:Image

thats a message from the dept of homeland security.
Sergeant reverend_kyle

Postby reverend_kyle on Thu Jul 27, 2006 12:38 am

theosi wrote:

ROFL LMAO
Someone should have informed BUSH of this before he went up for PRESIDENT!
[

haha yeah no kidding.. his agenda is killing our country.
Sergeant reverend_kyle

Postby jay_a2j on Thu Jul 27, 2006 9:26 am

Do expain how Bush is "killing this country"? In fact, LIBERALISM is killing it. How?

1. It is now illegal to spank your kids (and we are raising a generation of undiciplined, morally void people)

2. Politital correctness allows us to search grandma's purse and baby carrages while giving arab men a free pass without being searched.

3. The death of 4,000 unborn each day ( number is probably more as that is a 1992 statistic)

Just a few reasons the Left is destroying this country.
THE DEBATE IS OVER...
PLAYER57832 wrote:Too many of those who claim they don't believe global warming are really "end-timer" Christians.

JESUS SAVES!!!
Lieutenant jay_a2j

Postby Pilate on Thu Jul 27, 2006 9:28 am

Bozo wrote:Ya he has been a good president and i can say that even thou I dont like him, the media has been calling him out as a idiot, but if he was a idiot why was he realected? so if you hate Bush dont just sit on your couch complaing get your sorry self off to the poles

So you judge Bush is a good president simply because he was elected? What kind of backwards logic is that?
Colonel Pilate

Postby strike wolf on Thu Jul 27, 2006 9:32 am

He has a hidden message here where he's saying if you don't like a president don't just complain about it, get off your lazy asses and vote for the guy you do like.
Cadet strike wolf

Postby Bozo on Thu Jul 27, 2006 10:20 am

thank you, Now i know for sure that at least one person in this thread isn't a morron
Dead to Me: New York Intellectuals, Men with Beards, California's 50th District, Heather Clark, Bowtie Pasta, Owls, CNN en Espanol, Screw-Cap Wines, Cast of Friends,
Toronto Raptors
Cadet Bozo

Postby Sammy gags on Thu Jul 27, 2006 12:09 pm

bush is my president & i would die for him, but he has horrible social skills & the no child left behind act is making america not get the education that the gifted children are capable of getting. He cant even raise his own kid never mind know wuts best 4 american children. I was lucky enough 2 be the last generation able 2 get pre-algebra in 7th grade. Now everybody in 7th grade will be relearning their timestables. Inside of America Bush has made some shakey decisions, but i support him 100% about what he did in Iraq. He is a strong military leader & doesnt give into appeasement.
Lieutenant Sammy gags

Postby Pilate on Thu Jul 27, 2006 12:21 pm

Bozo wrote:thank you, Now i know for sure that at least one person in this thread isn't a morron

lol, your location is Alberta, mine is Ontario and you're talking about voting against Bush.
Colonel Pilate

Postby Master Bush on Thu Jul 27, 2006 12:22 pm

I love bush.
"You know what they say about Love and War...."
"Yeah, one involves a lot of physical and psychological pain, and the other one's War."
Sergeant Master Bush

Postby Boxcutta on Thu Jul 27, 2006 12:29 pm

Sammy gags wrote:bush is my president & i would die for him

He's still got another two years. You still might.
ImageImageImage
Sergeant 1st Class Boxcutta

Postby Master Bush on Thu Jul 27, 2006 12:33 pm

I would die for bush. Well some anyway.
"You know what they say about Love and War...."
"Yeah, one involves a lot of physical and psychological pain, and the other one's War."
Sergeant Master Bush

Postby Machined on Thu Jul 27, 2006 12:42 pm

jay_a2j wrote:Do expain how Bush is "killing this country"? In fact, LIBERALISM is killing it. How?

1. It is now illegal to spank your kids (and we are raising a generation of undiciplined, morally void people)

2. Politital correctness allows us to search grandma's purse and baby carrages while giving arab men a free pass without being searched.

3. The death of 4,000 unborn each day ( number is probably more as that is a 1992 statistic)

1. spanking children is not illegal (and thank god for that, because no one who was ever spanked as a child has ever done anything horrible with their life, right?)

2. You sound like you should be in charge of security screening at airports. Now just let me hide all my contraban on my frail old grandmother, and in my kid's stroller as we get preboarded...

3. how many spontaneous abortions and miscarriages are there every day? Where's the outrage there? And why is it that the first thing people want to do when they don't like something is to outlaw it instead of actually using practical steps (such as birth control education and access for everyone) that would have just as big an impact in terms of a reduction in the number of abortions?

now quit listening to Michael Savage and start thinking for yourself

(and yes, I know I'm giving you way too much credit by responding to your obvious ignorance, but such is life)
New Recruit Machined

Postby jay_a2j on Thu Jul 27, 2006 10:32 pm

Machined wrote:
jay_a2j wrote:Do expain how Bush is "killing this country"? In fact, LIBERALISM is killing it. How?

1. spanking children is not illegal (and thank god for that, because no one who was ever spanked as a child has ever done anything horrible with their life, right?)

2. You sound like you should be in charge of security screening at airports. Now just let me hide all my contraban on my frail old grandmother, and in my kid's stroller as we get preboarded...

3. how many spontaneous abortions and miscarriages are there every day? Where's the outrage there? And why is it that the first thing people want to do when they don't like something is to outlaw it instead of actually using practical steps (such as birth control education and access for everyone) that would have just as big an impact in terms of a reduction in the number of abortions?

now quit listening to Michael Savage and start thinking for yourself

(and yes, I know I'm giving you way too much credit by responding to your obvious ignorance, but such is life)

1. your responce to this one was in a word lame

2. I don't recall the hi-jackers on 911 hideing their boxcutters "on grannie" or in strollers.

3. We aren't talking about miscarriages. And birth control would be a START.

Before posting that others are ignorant you might wanna sound like you have at least a 75 IQ. :wink:
THE DEBATE IS OVER...

JESUS SAVES!!!
Lieutenant jay_a2j

Postby kingwaffles on Thu Jul 27, 2006 10:50 pm

I would just like to say that I'm scared for my country's future....
Corporal 1st Class kingwaffles

Postby theosi on Thu Jul 27, 2006 11:31 pm

Hmm.... Lets first "define" Liberalism and then break it down to how it is "KILLING" this country.

From WIKIPEDIA
The word "liberal" derives from the Latin liber ("free"), from which the term "liberty" also comes.

So the word is derived from the word "Free" which leads to the word "Liberty"... Hmmm... Well lets continue

Liberalism is an ideology, philosophical view, and political tradition which holds that liberty is the primary political value.

Man this LIBERAL agenda is quite the problem so far!!! A belief that Liberty is the primary Value! What are they thinking?:shock:

[1] Liberalism has its roots in the Western Enlightenment, but the term now encompasses a diversity of political thought.

Broadly speaking, modern liberalism places the rights of the individual above the needs of the group. It seeks a society characterized by freedom of thought for individuals, limitations on power, especially of government and religion, the rule of law, the free exchange of ideas, a market economy that supports relatively free private enterprise, and a transparent system of government in which the rights of minorities are protected.
A group of people that believe an individuals or the minorites rights outwiegh the groups!!!:evil: Now that is pure evil!!! Individuals should conform to any concept that the majority wishes. Hmmm... In some places that would be considered MOB RULE! So if an individual does not conform to your way of thinking that means he is a threat to your way of life? See that only holds true in your form of society... In a liberal society an individual has no effect to your way of living because you have the "RIGHT" to live your life as you see fit.
[2] In modern society, liberals favor a liberal democracy with open and fair elections, where all citizens have equal rights by law and an equal opportunity to succeed
Please do not argue that there could possibly be anything wrong with this concept. Or does your branch of the U.S. philosophy believe that we were not all created equally?
[3]. Modern liberalism usually advocates a limited degree of government interference in the free market, often in the form of anti-discrimination laws, civil service examinations, universal education, and progressive taxation. This philosophy frequently extends to a belief that the government should provide for a degree of general welfare, including the dole for the poor, housing for the homeless, and medical care for the sick. Such publicly-funded initiatives and interferences in the market are rejected by modern advocates of classical liberalism, which emphasizes free private enterprise, individual property rights and freedom of contract; classical liberals hold that economic inequality, as arising naturally from competition in the free market, does not justify the violation of private property rights.
Ok i had stuff to say here but have opted out. i found a statement by someone else that I feel expresses exactly how "I FEEL" on this matter.
John Stuart Mill aptly expressed cultural liberalism in his essay "On Liberty," when he wrote, "The sole end for which mankind are warranted, individually or collectively, in interfering with the liberty of action of any of their number, is self-protection. That the only purpose for which power can be rightfully exercised over any member of a civilized community, against his will, is to prevent harm to others. His own good, either physical or moral, is not a sufficient warrant."
Now I'm sure you get what he was saying but I want to put it into my own words.
Society as a whole has the right to bring about "LAWS" which protect individauls from other individuals... You should not murder another individual. This violates their "Right" to life. You should not practice unfair hireing oportunities.. IE Only hire based on skin color. As this violates the rights of womevers skin does not reflect the color "YOU LIKE"... Although I do feel "AFFIRMITIVE ACTION" is the wrong way of going about it. The person whom may be more qulaified does not get the job because his skin color does not meet the "QUOTA".. His rights are now violated... Affirmitive action is wrong! That was not a LIBERAL law that was an appeasement to the minority vote! It is purely Politics. But back to what I was saying....
No laws should be written that violate an individuals right to live their life as they see fit as long as it does not violate anothers rights... Pretty simple right? Now this subject is where it gets really, really sticky. ABORTION!!!! Well that fetuses right to life is being violated when they are aborted....!....? Hmmm... Well that fetus cannot sustain it's own life right? So in all actuality their life is tied to the Mothers life... So the Mothers life sustains that fetuses life therefore it is her life...!...?
STICKY!!! So it is a violation of her rights if she does not have the right to choose.... But being that fetus does not have a life without that mothers life it really does not have a life....yet.... So the mothers rights trump the fetuses....? I don't know... And being I am not a woman I don't feel I can say. But I feel as a believer in the LIBERAL philosophy that it's her right to choose. I know what I would choose... I know what my Wife would choose. But I don't have the right to DICTATE that mothers choice to her. AS it is HER LIFE! How this mother is KILLING this country I'm not sure.
How Liberalism is killing this country I'm not sure. How anyone can RANT off non thought out statements with absolutely nothing of value to back it up i'm not sure...
But I damn well believe they have the right to RANT whatever the hell they want and I served my country in the defense of that right and I would do it again if that was required. But when those rants become LAWS I have to wonder what the men and women serving this country are fighting for. And if someone whom felt these violations of our rights was justified would take a step away from the KOOL-AID jug long enought to let thier brains think for a change rather than some RIGHT WING commentators they just might see it as well. :D
Private theosi

Postby strike wolf on Thu Jul 27, 2006 11:37 pm

Did not have to read the whole thing basing liberal to mean free is pushing it. It is not a factor in the argument, just a meaningless distraction that leads people to believe something that isn't always true.

Second I don't need to stick around to know that you are going to rebut this and instead of wasting my time arguing back and forth with no real truth I'm just leaving.
Cadet strike wolf

Postby sportsdd2 on Thu Jul 27, 2006 11:45 pm

i really dont care. it doesnt affect me that i know of so i dont care ......yet
907 sportsdd2 1401 191 Image 10-0 United States 2/5/07
Corporal 1st Class sportsdd2

Postby jay_a2j on Fri Jul 28, 2006 12:01 am

theosi wrote:

Hmm.... Lets first "define" Liberalism and then break it down to how it is "KILLING" this country.

From WIKIPEDIA
The word "liberal" derives from the Latin liber ("free"), from which the term "liberty" also comes.

So the word is derived from the word "Free" which leads to the word "Liberty"... Hmmm... Well lets continue

Liberalism is an ideology, philosophical view, and political tradition which holds that liberty is the primary political value.

Man this LIBERAL agenda is quite the problem so far!!! A belief that Liberty is the primary Value! What are they thinking?:shock:

[1] Liberalism has its roots in the Western Enlightenment, but the term now encompasses a diversity of political thought.

Broadly speaking, modern liberalism places the rights of the individual above the needs of the group. It seeks a society characterized by freedom of thought for individuals, limitations on power, especially of government and religion, the rule of law, the free exchange of ideas, a market economy that supports relatively free private enterprise, and a transparent system of government in which the rights of minorities are protected.
A group of people that believe an individuals or the minorites rights outwiegh the groups!!!:evil: Now that is pure evil!!! Individuals should conform to any concept that the majority wishes. Hmmm... In some places that would be considered MOB RULE! So if an individual does not conform to your way of thinking that means he is a threat to your way of life? See that only holds true in your form of society... In a liberal society an individual has no effect to your way of living because you have the "RIGHT" to live your life as you see fit.
[2] In modern society, liberals favor a liberal democracy with open and fair elections, where all citizens have equal rights by law and an equal opportunity to succeed
Please do not argue that there could possibly be anything wrong with this concept. Or does your branch of the U.S. philosophy believe that we were not all created equally?
[3]. Modern liberalism usually advocates a limited degree of government interference in the free market, often in the form of anti-discrimination laws, civil service examinations, universal education, and progressive taxation. This philosophy frequently extends to a belief that the government should provide for a degree of general welfare, including the dole for the poor, housing for the homeless, and medical care for the sick. Such publicly-funded initiatives and interferences in the market are rejected by modern advocates of classical liberalism, which emphasizes free private enterprise, individual property rights and freedom of contract; classical liberals hold that economic inequality, as arising naturally from competition in the free market, does not justify the violation of private property rights.
Ok i had stuff to say here but have opted out. i found a statement by someone else that I feel expresses exactly how "I FEEL" on this matter.
John Stuart Mill aptly expressed cultural liberalism in his essay "On Liberty," when he wrote, "The sole end for which mankind are warranted, individually or collectively, in interfering with the liberty of action of any of their number, is self-protection. That the only purpose for which power can be rightfully exercised over any member of a civilized community, against his will, is to prevent harm to others. His own good, either physical or moral, is not a sufficient warrant."
Now I'm sure you get what he was saying but I want to put it into my own words.
Society as a whole has the right to bring about "LAWS" which protect individauls from other individuals... You should not murder another individual. This violates their "Right" to life. You should not practice unfair hireing oportunities.. IE Only hire based on skin color. As this violates the rights of womevers skin does not reflect the color "YOU LIKE"... Although I do feel "AFFIRMITIVE ACTION" is the wrong way of going about it. The person whom may be more qulaified does not get the job because his skin color does not meet the "QUOTA".. His rights are now violated... Affirmitive action is wrong! That was not a LIBERAL law that was an appeasement to the minority vote! It is purely Politics. But back to what I was saying....
No laws should be written that violate an individuals right to live their life as they see fit as long as it does not violate anothers rights... Pretty simple right? Now this subject is where it gets really, really sticky. ABORTION!!!! Well that fetuses right to life is being violated when they are aborted....!....? Hmmm... Well that fetus cannot sustain it's own life right? So in all actuality their life is tied to the Mothers life... So the Mothers life sustains that fetuses life therefore it is her life...!...?
STICKY!!! So it is a violation of her rights if she does not have the right to choose.... But being that fetus does not have a life without that mothers life it really does not have a life....yet.... So the mothers rights trump the fetuses....? I don't know... And being I am not a woman I don't feel I can say. But I feel as a believer in the LIBERAL philosophy that it's her right to choose. I know what I would choose... I know what my Wife would choose. But I don't have the right to DICTATE that mothers choice to her. AS it is HER LIFE! How this mother is KILLING this country I'm not sure.
How Liberalism is killing this country I'm not sure. How anyone can RANT off non thought out statements with absolutely nothing of value to back it up i'm not sure...
But I damn well believe they have the right to RANT whatever the hell they want and I served my country in the defense of that right and I would do it again if that was required. But when those rants become LAWS I have to wonder what the men and women serving this country are fighting for. And if someone whom felt these violations of our rights was justified would take a step away from the KOOL-AID jug long enought to let thier brains think for a change rather than some RIGHT WING commentators they just might see it as well. :D

Well, lets see where to start?

A group of people that believe an individuals or the minorites rights outwiegh the groups!!!:evil: Now that is pure evil!!!

When the minority dictates what the majority do...yes something is wrong. So the little atheist guy drives by a Baptist chuch and notices a cross on the lawn. He immediately calls the ACLU to tell them how he was "offended" by this sight. The ACLU fights to get cross removed. You see how twisted this is???

Because of time restraints I will address the abortion issue. The fetus cannot live on its own (the mother is sustaining its life). A newborn baby cannot "sustain its own life" yet if the mother smothers it with a pillow she is charged with murder, not abortion. That arguement holds no water. STICKY Should all life be protected? Or shall we continue to allow a woman's right to choose to outweigh a child's right to live? STICKY!!! It does NOT "violate her right". It shouldn't be a choice. If a woman does not take precausions to avoid pregnancy it is unfair to kill the child. Dare I say immoral??? STICKY!!! Indeed, wash your hands. :wink:
THE DEBATE IS OVER...

JESUS SAVES!!!
Lieutenant jay_a2j

Postby strike wolf on Fri Jul 28, 2006 12:07 am

well at first I thought you were going for a different approach but ok.
Cadet strike wolf

Postby Ronaldinho on Fri Jul 28, 2006 2:48 am

i think tony blair is a bit of a noob aswell
Sergeant Ronaldinho

Postby reverend_kyle on Fri Jul 28, 2006 7:15 am

does he play here? or is he a noob at being world leader?
Sergeant reverend_kyle

PreviousNext

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,