Conquer Club

LAKOTA REVOLUTION

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Postby Neutrino on Fri Dec 21, 2007 11:25 pm

THORNHEART wrote:ok sorry for who ever asked for a link i dont have one i just read it off the fox news home page....

the fact is not that we took the land from them...which we did...which is debateable over ethics( personally i think it was ok since it was just country expansion as they and all ohter countries had participated in we just happened to win) the point of the post was to show the obserdity of them actually thinking the can leave the united states! and have their own little indian nation....umm didnt we already fight a war about this ...anyways i dont think anyone cares and doubt it will last a month before the come begging for their monthly social security pyments for their booze and cigs

I'm suprised your keyboard hasn't tried to strangle you for forcing it to type this utter dribble.
We own all your helmets, we own all your shoes, we own all your generals. Touch us and you loooose...

The Rogue State!
Corporal Neutrino

Postby dcowboys055 on Fri Dec 21, 2007 11:41 pm

Dumb question...but would this mean to leave their own lands they would need a passport, and all the other things needed to go between countries, etc.?
Captain dcowboys055

Postby mandalorian2298 on Fri Dec 21, 2007 11:59 pm

THORNHEART wrote:ok sorry for who ever asked for a link i dont have one i just read it off the fox news home page....

the fact is not that we took the land from them...which we did...which is debateable over ethics( personally i think it was ok since it was just country expansion as they and all ohter countries had participated in we just happened to win) the point of the post was to show the obserdity of them actually thinking the can leave the united states! and have their own little indian nation....umm didnt we already fight a war about this ...anyways i dont think anyone cares and doubt it will last a month before the come begging for their monthly social security pyments for their booze and cigs

I loved the underlined part. It made me recall all those nations that Lakotas have whiped out in their quest to create a vast Lakota Empire. However, as you have pointed out, that is debatable over ethics, so I will move on to the point that you have tried to make with your post and admit that you have indeed showed obserdity as it has rarely been shown before. Too bad that you have shown so very little in the spelling, interpunctions and/or history 1-on-1 departments.
Also, I like the 'umm' part of your post. While it is sad that even the slightest mental efforts (such as allowing your mental diarrhea to spill out in the literary form) cause you to grunt in pain, it is very generous of you to share the pain of using your atrophied brain with the rest of us. You finished your post by concluding that 'you dont think that anyone cares' about the topic that has been viewed 380 times in 1 day, which was very insightful. Now stop wasting your time on that darn computer and go help your pa with the distillery.
Last edited by mandalorian2298 on Sat Dec 22, 2007 12:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mishuk gotal'u meshuroke, pako kyore.

Talapus wrote:I'm far more pissed that mandy and his thought process were right from the get go....damn you mandy.
Lieutenant mandalorian2298

Postby radiojake on Sat Dec 22, 2007 12:06 am

mandalorian2298 wrote:

I loved the underlined part. It made me recall all those nations that Lakotas have whiped out in their quest to create a vast Lakota Empire. However, as you have pointed out, that is debatable over ethics, so I will move on to the point that you have tried to make with your post and admit that you have indeed showed obserdity as it has rarely been shown before. Too bad that you have shown so very little in the spelling, interpunctions and/or history 1-on-1 departments.
Also, I like the 'umm' part of your post. While it is sad that even the slightest mental efforts (such as allowing your mental diarrhea to spill out in the literary form) cause you to grunt in pain, it is very generous of you to share the pain of using your atrophied brain with the rest of us. In conclusion of your post by concluding that 'you dont think that anyone cares' about the topic that has been viewed 380 times in 1 day, which was very insightful. Now stop wasting your time on that darn computer and go help your pa with the distillery.

Gold
-- share what ya got --
Sergeant 1st Class radiojake

Postby DaGip on Sat Dec 22, 2007 1:36 am

radiojake wrote:
mandalorian2298 wrote:

Also, I like the 'umm' part of your post. While it is sad that even the slightest mental efforts (such as allowing your mental diarrhea to spill out in the literary form) cause you to grunt in pain, it is very generous of you to share the pain of using your atrophied brain with the rest of us. In conclusion of your post by concluding that 'you dont think that anyone cares' about the topic that has been viewed 380 times in 1 day, which was very insightful. Now stop wasting your time on that darn computer and go help your pa with the distillery.

Gold

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,22 ... 02,00.html

Here is a link...you see, the American media is really keeping this quiet so that it will take a while for it to spread word-of-mouth. This is a Aussie media source.

I don't know how serious this incident is, but I am keeping in contact with my Lakota freinds. As of right now it is more of a statement made by Russel Means, who is the father of the American Indian Movement (AIM).

If taken seriously, the Lakota Nation (which is a sovereign nation and may decide to do so under federal mandate, like it or not) may pick up its own reigns and become its own country. Of course the Federal Government holds the right to intervene militarily if it sees so fit. This is a very blatant and dangerous move on the Lakota people's part if such statements remain true. However, in South Dakota, there are many of us sympathetic to the Natives. Almost everyone I know around here has some type of Indian blood in their ancestory.

And if the Lakota Nation goes...guess what? The reservations near your home towns and cities will go as well. In theory, forming their own Native American States of America (NASA...not the space agency). Interlinked in sovereignty with the Lakota.

All Americans need to take this seriously and not laugh it off. They will gain more support than the secession of the Souht during the Civil War. And the difference here is that the South was the United States, but the Reservations are not considered part of the United States. They were considered dependant sovereign entities that are free to make their own choices concerning their sovereignty. And if that means for them to try and go off and be their own country, so be it.

If this is taken seriously, those citizens of the United States that live in Montana, NorthDakota, SouthDakota, Wyoming, and Nebraska would be allowed citizenry within the Lakota Nation under a renunciatory declaration of allegence with the United States government.

It is quite compelling, but can it work? I say that it can...depends on what form of government they decide to have. And what of a military? Do the Lakota form their own army, airforce, navy (kind of hard since they are land locked)? It is stated that their country would be taxfree...so then what would happen to the welfare of the people and the state itself?

I haven't heard too much more about this, so I am just thinking it is more of a stunt to grab people's attention...but if it is taken seriously, America might actually benefit. I mean taxpayers would have to be totally relieved of any support that is now given in subsidies, but, on the other hand, I believe, the Native Nations would hold Americans highly accountable for Trusts and Land that were given and stolen from them. There are large Trust accounts that are owed to Native Americans but the government never ever paid them out. That is what alot of lawyers now are going to court over.

If Lakota Nation became its own country, they would definitely push the Trust and Land issue. They would try to get other countries involved as well, just like the United States gets the United Nations involved with disputes.

This issue is interesting, and it was quite surprising to hear about it from CC, because the major media sources in the USA aren't making this information very prevailant. But now that it is coming home to roost a bit, I am starting to think it is perhaps just a stunt being pulled off by AIM. Something they can use as a way to get their voices heard.

I don't blame them...
Army of GOD wrote:This thread is now about my large penis
Sergeant 1st Class DaGip

Postby radiojake on Sat Dec 22, 2007 1:46 am

that sounds pretty interesting

how big would this state/nation be? Like, where would the borders be if they got it through
-- share what ya got --
Sergeant 1st Class radiojake

Postby Frigidus on Sat Dec 22, 2007 1:50 am

radiojake wrote:that sounds pretty interesting

how big would this state/nation be? Like, where would the borders be if they got it through

By the above idea it would take several good-sized chunks out of the country. If this was going to happen it would probably involve people moving to the new country rather than all of them forming their own ones. Of course it's all pipe-dream, but whatever.
Sergeant Frigidus

Postby DaGip on Sat Dec 22, 2007 2:05 am

Frigidus wrote:
radiojake wrote:that sounds pretty interesting

By the above idea it would take several good-sized chunks out of the country. If this was going to happen it would probably involve people moving to the new country rather than all of them forming their own ones. Of course it's all pipe-dream, but whatever.

That's not including all the land that is disputed as being stolen. Half of SouthDakota would fall off. All of the Black Hills would have to be given back. What would happen to all those people living there but didn't want to become citizens of the Lakota Nation. These are big problems, how would it be resolved? I mean just saying it is one thing but following through with it and doing it is a whole 'nother ball of wax, if you know what I mean.

Wish I had the answers. I would love to participate in it, since I am single and don't mind living in a tent. But what about families? And what about the wealthy Natives? Are they going to dish out all their belongings to form this Nation? I mean that's what the Chiefs of old would have done, that was what was expected of the leadership back in the day. The Chiefs were expected to always give all their possessions away to the people so that there was no such thing as poverty.

How are they going to handle their health issues, drug addictions?

There are so many questions that need to be answered over this if they really are serious about becoming their own country.

If the Navajo Nation goes (and all these tribes are very close in their support of one another) that is a very large percentage of land in the SouthWest!

Bush really screwed up if the Indians don't want to be in the United States anymore. They have always been in support of the United States and have always fought with pride in the wars. Patriotism was always a strong point among Natives because they have a lot more to lose than the Euro-centrics.

I will keep more informed over this issue as I live in SouthDakota.
Sergeant 1st Class DaGip

Postby muy_thaiguy on Sat Dec 22, 2007 2:47 am

Umm, since when have the tribes on the reservations been in support of the US in full? Granted a few tribes here and there supported the US (Wind talkers of WWII), but far from all of them. :? Not to mention many of the plains tribes were enemies for centuries. With rival tribes living in the same reservation here in Wyoming, and they still don't get along well (to say the least.)
"Eh, whatever."
-Anonymous

What, you expected something deep or flashy?
Private 1st Class muy_thaiguy

Postby DaGip on Sat Dec 22, 2007 4:15 am

muy_thaiguy wrote:Umm, since when have the tribes on the reservations been in support of the US in full? Granted a few tribes here and there supported the US (Wind talkers of WWII), but far from all of them. :? Not to mention many of the plains tribes were enemies for centuries. With rival tribes living in the same reservation here in Wyoming, and they still don't get along well (to say the least.)

Do you ever go to PowWows? The American flag is always carried, and the Native Americans sing about their vets! And when they open their PowWow, the Flag is always carried in first along with veterans. So, yes, Natives have supported the United States, perhaps not loved its policies, but their country they do indeed love. And what do you mean "in full"...like Indians haven't given as much blood as any other American? When a Native American dies it is like the death of a hundred or a thousand non-Natives. Their blood and sacrifice is just as important as yours. The natives gave their hearts "in full" to the piligrims so that they would not perish! Thusly, the story of Thanksgiving...have you forgotten?
Sergeant 1st Class DaGip

Previous

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,