Conquer Club

Nostradamus

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Do you believe that Nostradamus was

Total votes : 0

Nostradamus

Postby -ShadySoul- on Sat Dec 22, 2007 3:52 pm

Nostradamus- some people believe he is the greatest future teller that was ever born. I dont believe that. I think all predictions he made were just a load of bullshit, and people that believe in them are just weak, and in need of a new "god". He, intentionally, used vague vocabulary that can be applied to any tragic event in our history. I think Nostradamus is such a big deal these days just because some people choose to apply events that have already happened to his quantiles. And the fact that he left out something as important as the Stock Market Crash of 1928, and the great Depression, puts me into even more doubt about his prophet powers.
His most recent theory, that is being applied today, is we are all going to die in 2012 ( or something like that) cause Earth will be hit by a huge ass comet.
Now, I ask you, do you believe in this horse shit or do you stand on my, logical side :D ?
Highest rank: Major
Highest score: 2299
Highest score board place: 582

Winner of Number five's AOR Tournament.

Sergeant 1st Class -ShadySoul-

Re: Nostradamus

Postby Frigidus on Sat Dec 22, 2007 3:52 pm

-ShadySoul- wrote:Nostradamus- some people believe he is the greatest future teller that was ever born. I dont believe that. I think all predictions he made were just a load of bullshit, and people that believe in them are just weak, and in need of a new "god". He, intentionally, used vague vocabulary that can be applied to any tragic event in our history. I think Nostradamus is such a big deal these days just because some people choose to apply events that have already happened to his quantiles. And the fact that he left out something as important as the Stock Market Crash of 1928, and the great Depression, puts me into even more doubt about his prophet powers.
His most recent theory, that is being applied today, is we are all going to die in 2012 ( or something like that) cause Earth will be hit by a huge ass comet.
Now, I ask you, do you believe in this horse shit or do you stand on my, logical side :D ?

Yup, you're right. As I've said, we'll see in 2012 who can act smugly.
Sergeant Frigidus

Postby -ShadySoul- on Sat Dec 22, 2007 3:54 pm

i am glad we got some straight thinking individuals on these forums :D

Postby Norse on Sat Dec 22, 2007 3:56 pm

I believe, that in 2031, there will be a water shortage in egypt!
b.k. barunt wrote:Snorri's like one of those fufu dogs who get all excited and dance around pissing on themself.

suggs wrote:scared off by all the pervs and wankers already? No? Then let me introduce myself, I'm Mr Pervy Wank.
Corporal 1st Class Norse

Postby Frigidus on Sat Dec 22, 2007 3:56 pm

Norse wrote:I believe, that in 2031, there will be a water shortage in egypt!

Going for the long shot, eh?
Sergeant Frigidus

Postby -ShadySoul- on Sat Dec 22, 2007 3:59 pm

In Egypt? I think thats impossible. The longest river, Neil, is running through Egypt, i believe Egypt would be the LAST place to have water shortage.
However, if global warming will continue to rise as it is rising right now, it is not such far-fetched theory.

Postby a-person1192 on Sat Dec 22, 2007 3:59 pm

December 24 2012 is the proposed doom date by the Mayans. Nostradamus did say something about 2012.
If I was lying wouldn't my pants be on fire?
Cook a-person1192

Postby -ShadySoul- on Sat Dec 22, 2007 4:00 pm

Frigidus wrote:

hoping half of us wont survive the 2012 comet hit lol

Postby ignotus on Sat Dec 22, 2007 4:02 pm

-ShadySoul- wrote:
Frigidus wrote:

norse is crossing his fingers as we speak! :wink: :twisted:
heavycola wrote:
Snorri1234 wrote:Man, this thread was great. A whopping 230 pages with noone changing their viewpoint.

I actually converted around page 198. Unfortunately, I converted to satanism.
Lieutenant ignotus

Postby TheHoustonian on Sat Dec 22, 2007 4:02 pm

I believe that Nostradamus is wrong, for only God knows when the world will end, so a guy who is nowhere near God's power says we will all die in 2012, i have to disagree, when God chooses for when the world will end, it will end, and whole new heaven and a whole new earth will be born again.
Corporal TheHoustonian

Postby a-person1192 on Sat Dec 22, 2007 4:04 pm

well if we survive 2012 then we can look forward to the asteroid that will go below satellites in 2027, and if it doesn't hit the same one will return in 2034.
If I was lying wouldn't my pants be on fire?
Cook a-person1192

Postby -ShadySoul- on Sat Dec 22, 2007 4:04 pm

ignotus wrote:
-ShadySoul- wrote:
Frigidus wrote:

norse is crossing his fingers as we speak! :wink: :twisted:

Most likely
or maybe he is already doing this :arrow: ](*,)

Postby DaGip on Sat Dec 22, 2007 11:53 pm

TheHoustonian wrote:I believe that Nostradamus is wrong, for only God knows when the world will end, so a guy who is nowhere near God's power says we will all die in 2012, i have to disagree, when God chooses for when the world will end, it will end, and whole new heaven and a whole new earth will be born again.

Jesus didn't even know, he just said we will know the season of which to expect it, but as for the time of the end...even Jesus said he didn't know.
Army of GOD wrote:This thread is now about my large penis
Sergeant 1st Class DaGip

Postby Skittles! on Sun Dec 23, 2007 12:03 am

-ShadySoul- wrote:

In Egypt? I think thats impossible. The longest river, Neil, is running through Egypt, i believe Egypt would be the LAST place to have water shortage.
However, if global warming will continue to rise as it is rising right now, it is not such far-fetched theory.

You do mean the Nile, right? :wink:
KraphtOne wrote:when you sign up a new account one of the check boxes should be "do you want to foe colton24 (it is highly recommended) "
Private Skittles!

Postby The Factory on Sun Dec 23, 2007 12:17 am

Vague quatrain stanzas ≠ prophecy.

Many people point out how some of his prophecies "come true" but no one ever really seems to remember all of those hundreds of predictions which never really came to fruition.
If you make enough vague, generalized statements concerning events which will transpire in the future I'm sure a great deal of people will believe them if they put enough faith into it, hell, I'm sure some of them might even convince people who aren't looking for answers.
:|
Corporal The Factory

Postby browng-08 on Sun Dec 23, 2007 12:24 am

a-person1192 wrote:December 24 2012 is the proposed doom date by the Mayans. Nostradamus did say something about 2012.
December 21'st, actually. The winter solstice of 2012 is supposed to align the Earth with the Galalctic Equator. When the Earth passes to the other side of the Galactic Equator, a 'pole shift' is supposed to take place. The North and South poles will change places, and it will take only a matter of hours to do so. Such a dramatic event is supposed to cause huge storms and other scary stuff. That's why the Mayan Calendar resets.

I don't know whether I believe it. I don't even care.
Corporal browng-08

Postby Gregrios on Sun Dec 23, 2007 1:58 pm

There is a chance that Nostradamus got mixed up with the year. It might have very well been 2102 he was referring to. Afterall didn't he mix up the letters in Hitler's name when predicting the 3 anti-Christs.

I admit I don't know alot about him and I'm probably not going to look into it either. The fact is that before Jesus ascended to Heaven, he clearly said that prophecy would soon be sealed up. I don't know about others but I'm going to listen to the MAN on this one.
Sergeant Gregrios

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,