Conquer Club

Republican primaries poll

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Who would you vote for in the primaries?

Total votes : 0

Postby Chris7He on Wed Jan 02, 2008 11:44 am

Snorri1234 wrote:
jay_a2j wrote:Just say NO to Mike Huckabee

No to Giuliani

No to Romney

No to Hillary

I wasn't going to say yes.
Barack Obama is my favourite.

Amen.
Corporal 1st Class Chris7He

Postby Dancing Mustard on Wed Jan 02, 2008 11:44 am

jay_a2j wrote:Just say NO to Mike Huckabee

No to Giuliani

No to Romney

No to Hillary

VOTE RON PAUL!

jay_a2j wrote:THE MOST BASIC FORM OF MIND CONTROL IS REPETITION.

Lollercaust...
Wayne wrote:Wow, with a voice like that Dancing Mustard must get all the babes!

Garth wrote:Yeah, I bet he's totally studly and buff.
Corporal Dancing Mustard

Medals: 2
Doubles Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)

Postby Norse on Wed Jan 02, 2008 11:48 am

Dancing Mustard wrote:

Dancing Mustard wrote:

Dancing Mustard wrote:

Dancing Mustard wrote:

b.k. barunt wrote:Snorri's like one of those fufu dogs who get all excited and dance around pissing on themself.

suggs wrote:scared off by all the pervs and wankers already? No? Then let me introduce myself, I'm Mr Pervy Wank.
Corporal 1st Class Norse

Medals: 6
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (2)

Postby Chris7He on Wed Jan 02, 2008 11:51 am

Norse wrote:
Dancing Mustard wrote:

Dancing Mustard wrote:

Dancing Mustard wrote:

Dancing Mustard wrote:

LOLZ

Postby jay_a2j on Wed Jan 02, 2008 12:15 pm

Try and find something wrong with this video:

The Choice is Clear

(try and get past the fact that this is on youtube, I know you can do it)
THE DEBATE IS OVER...
PLAYER57832 wrote:Too many of those who claim they don't believe global warming are really "end-timer" Christians.

JESUS SAVES!!!
Lieutenant jay_a2j

Medals: 8
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1)
Teammate Achievement (1)

Postby CrazyAnglican on Wed Jan 02, 2008 12:21 pm

Snorri1234 wrote:I didn't insult your intelligence with a conspiracy theory, I insulted it when you clearly didn't read the frigging link.

:shock: You're right I flew off the handle and didn't finish it. :oops:

A little hot-headed there, hopefully not stupid. :D

Now that I have. This is what I see as an educator. It does seem that at the local level people are placing pressure on systems. The superintendents of Arkansas schools are appointed by locally elected schools boards and they keep their jobs at the pleasure of those boards. What influence do you suppose the governor had over these people who are not hired or fired at his whim.

I was looking at the state level which the governor is responsible for as the head of the executive branch in that state.

- The state curriculum says to teach evolution.

- He said "Maybe they're ignoring it, maybe they're not I don't know"
refer to the info. above. The execution of state curriculum is a local
thing not a state one. If I were not teaching the curriculum in my
class. I'd hear from the other teachers and the principals (and my
wife :wink: ), not the governor.

- He stated "I think they (the students) should be exposed to it" (an
endorsement - teach the curriculum teachers; that's your job).

- He stated that he doesn't personally believe it as it stands and makes
the distinction between theory and fact (you may not agree with him /
I don't know that I do either. It is still his right to make up his own
mind isn't it, all he's doing is disagreeing).

I know you may think he's crazy for that last one, but the folks saying that are important too. They're opening up dialogue, and when is that a bad thing? It's when you want to shut the opposition up, that it's bad.
Corporal CrazyAnglican

Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (1)

Postby Snorri1234 on Wed Jan 02, 2008 12:54 pm

CrazyAnglican wrote:
read above the execution of state curriculum is a local thing not a
state one. If I were not teaching the curriculum in my class. I'd hear
from the other teachers and the principals (and my wife :wink: ), not
the governor.
endorsement - teach the curriculum teachers that's your job).
- He stated that he doesn't personally believe it and makes the
distinction between theory and fact (you may not agree with him / I
don't know that I do either. It is still his right to make up his own

Well my problem is mainly that he just avoided the question about what he was gonna do about it. Because something should be done about it and the governor has the power to do that. Saying really earnest that you think it should be taught means jack shit, because he is the governor and therefore in charge. Enforcing the state curriculum is not merely the job of the schools.

Also,
Mike Huckabee wrote:
Huckabee: I’m not familiar that they’re dodging it. Maybe they are. But I think schools also ought to be fair to all views. Because, frankly, Darwinism is not an established scientific fact. It is a theory of evolution, that’s why it’s called the theory of evolution. And I think that what I’d be concerned with is that it should be taught as one of the views that’s held by people. But it’s not the only view that’s held. And any time you teach one thing as that it’s the only thing, then I think that has a real problem to it.

See the problem here is that Evolution is an established scientific fact. And that free expression and fairness are not violated when only evolution is taught.
"Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice skate uphill."

Duane: You know what they say about love and war.
Tim: Yes, one involves a lot of physical and psychological pain, and the other one's war.
Private Snorri1234

Doubles Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)
Clan Achievement (1)

Postby Chris7He on Wed Jan 02, 2008 1:22 pm

Snorri1234 wrote:
CrazyAnglican wrote:
the governor.

Well my problem is mainly that he just avoided the question about what he was gonna do about it. Because something should be done about it and the governor has the power to do that. Saying really earnest that you think it should be taught means jack shit, because he is the governor and therefore in charge. Enforcing the state curriculum is not merely the job of the schools.

Also,
Mike Huckabee wrote:
Huckabee: I’m not familiar that they’re dodging it. Maybe they are. But I think schools also ought to be fair to all views. Because, frankly, Darwinism is not an established scientific fact. It is a theory of evolution, that’s why it’s called the theory of evolution. And I think that what I’d be concerned with is that it should be taught as one of the views that’s held by people. But it’s not the only view that’s held. And any time you teach one thing as that it’s the only thing, then I think that has a real problem to it.

See the problem here is that Evolution is an established scientific fact. And that free expression and fairness are not violated when only evolution is taught.

Yes. Evolution is a theory and a fact. Damn conservatives want to put Intelligent Design into the picture. Those bastards better teach Pastafarian Creationism as well.

Postby muy_thaiguy on Wed Jan 02, 2008 2:11 pm

Chris7He wrote:
Snorri1234 wrote:
CrazyAnglican wrote:
the governor.

Also,
Mike Huckabee wrote:

Yes. Evolution is a theory and a fact. Damn conservatives want to put Intelligent Design into the picture. Those bastards better teach Pastafarian Creationism as well.
I suggest you go to Yahoo! Answers Politics section for this, you may learn something from Conservatives (like me).

BTW, watch who you are calling a bastard, I don't know about other Conservatives on here, but I am a bastard (literal meaning). And another thing, Never trust Michael Moore in anything except an eating contest.
"Eh, whatever."
-Anonymous

What, you expected something deep or flashy?
Private 1st Class muy_thaiguy

Medals: 10
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (1)

Postby luns101 on Wed Jan 02, 2008 3:15 pm

jay_a2j wrote:
luns101 wrote:Just please tell me that the Ron Paul nightmare is going to be over by Super Tuesday!

That's truly sad. Do you even know why you hate him so much? On another site I frequent, someone posted a lot of stuff about Huckabee and it wasn't good. But yeah, maybe the Paul nightmare will be over and a far worse one will begin.

I don't hate Ron Paul. I think he has become a caricature of himself (much like Alan Keyes has now become). He just constantly hypes his own suspicions and mistrust of the federal government. It's almost like he has become a prisoner of his own ideology. I could lay out again why I wouldn't vote for him Jay. Remember, I outlined you some specific points as to why he's not to be trusted in the Jesus Freaks forum.

He preys upon people who feel disenfranchised from the political process and I suppose that does make them feel hopeful. But when you look at his actual voting record and quotations you get a different picture of the guy.

Yeah Jay, this election isn't going to be easy for me. I will probably vote for Mike Huckabee. I did take the time to read his comments in the Jan/Feb edition of Foreign Affairs magazine because I am concerned about his lack of foreign policy experience. There probably are some bad things about Huckabee. I can't be an expert on all the political candidates but I do my best to try and be informed on their positions and see how closely it comes to my own conservative principles.

One of the journalists I met at the Clairemont Institute earlier this year was Charles Krauthammer. I respect the guy's insight. Here's something he mentioned back in August on the Fox News network concerning your North American Union conspiracy:

Charles Krauthammer wrote:I love this stuff, because if you ever doubt your own sanity, all you have to do is read this stuff and you know that you are OK.

Part of this great conspiracy is recent evidence that the governor of Texas, who is a Republican, who supports this highway from Laredo into Oklahoma, was recently at the Bilderberg conference, which is, supposedly, one of these trilateral conferences involving financiers who want to globalize the world and pull strings.

But let me tell you — I have spoken to the Bilderberg conference, as has George Will and Paul Gigot, and I can assure you that Gigot and Will and I are not three amigos who are going to order in black helicopters to force Americans to watch hockey on Monday night and soccer on Sundays.

The reason the Bilderberg Conference is secret is because its proceedings are so dull that if the transcripts were ever published, nobody would ever attend.

What's happening here is that the president organized a meeting a few years ago with the leaders of Mexico and Canada to work out stuff like how to regulate the borders in terms of terrorism, or pandemics, or how much pesticide you can have on a cabbage.

This is the piddling stuff that these committees are involved in. and anybody who believes it is about a great North American Union is in the league of people who believe that Elvis is still alive.
Major luns101

Medals: 12
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (1)

Postby Napoleon Ier on Wed Jan 02, 2008 3:20 pm

Luns-Huckabee?? I mean, you're a smarter, more experienced man than I, but honesty, Huckabee? The man's a joke amongst economic circles! America must be self-sufficien! Protectionisms yays! :roll: I just dont buy him. Yes, if youhave no choice because he's the only anti-abortionnist in the race fine, but you got Paul right now, who flawed though heay be on some counts, at least will give the US a sorely needed dose of economic and social reform.
Le Roy est mort: Vive le Roy!

Dieu et mon Pays.
Cadet Napoleon Ier

Location: Exploiting the third world's genetic plant resources.

Postby Napoleon Ier on Wed Jan 02, 2008 3:20 pm

I do love your country luns, and I wouldn't want to see it become a European style welfare state.
Le Roy est mort: Vive le Roy!

Dieu et mon Pays.
Cadet Napoleon Ier

Location: Exploiting the third world's genetic plant resources.

Postby luns101 on Wed Jan 02, 2008 3:31 pm

Napoleon Ier wrote:Luns-Huckabee?? I mean, you're a smarter, more experienced man than I, but honesty, Huckabee? The man's a joke amongst economic circles! America must be self-sufficien! Protectionisms yays! :roll: I just dont buy him. Yes, if youhave no choice because he's the only anti-abortionnist in the race fine, but you got Paul right now, who flawed though heay be on some counts, at least will give the US a sorely needed dose of economic and social reform.

I said I would probably vote for him. I'm really not sure about the group of candidates the Republicans have this year. There is no true strong conservative in the race. If you want to know the reasons why I won't vote for Ron Paul you can go to the Jesus Freaks forum and look at Jay's thread titled "The Ron Paul Challenge". Look at my posts and the links I provided on Paul's ties to white supremacist groups, civil rights voting record, and willingness to prey on the conspiracy-minded people of America, etc.

I definitely don't have the answers on who to vote for but that doesn't mean I have to jump off a cliff and vote for Paul. At least give me the courtesy of reading the posts that I argued with Jay & Ambrose about over there, ok? :wink:

You don't have to worry about me, Napoleon. I may not post much anymore due to work but I'm not about to become a liberal. All you have to do is click on "view all posts by luns101" in my profile to see how many times I've been called a bigot, warmonger, etc. I've probably inspired more liberal hissy-fits here than anyone else.
Major luns101

Medals: 12
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (1)

Postby Chris7He on Wed Jan 02, 2008 3:32 pm

muy_thaiguy wrote:I suggest you go to Yahoo! Answers Politics section for this, you may learn something from Conservatives (like me).

BTW, watch who you are calling a bastard, I don't know about other Conservatives on here, but I am a bastard (literal meaning). And another thing, Never trust Michael Moore in anything except an eating contest.

Yeah. I don't use political propaganda to advance my own agendas like the GOP. I never watched Michael Moore's movies or Al Gore's though I sometimes refer to them (I don't know why). I don't trust Michael Moore. So you are a spoiled child? Not very surprising. My father abandoned my mother and we are living in a basement like apartment (it's not because she's stupid not to get a good job, but she needs to get a degree in accounting and the debt is too much. She doesn't want any welfare for some reason.)

There's a question about square dancing on that site... WHAT THE f*ck??? I think I might just learn something from Ted Haggard, Mark Foley, Scooter Libby, Tom DeLay, Michael D. Brown, and Jack Abramoff.

Postby muy_thaiguy on Wed Jan 02, 2008 3:36 pm

Napoleon Ier wrote:I do love your country luns, and I wouldn't want to see it become a European style welfare state.
I know I don't, but I have to agree with luns about Paul though. I dearly hope that the US does not end up like the EU, because we were founded to be different from Europe, not another Europe. Though many Americans are of European descent, when they immigrate here, and become US citizens, they no longer owe any allegiance to their former country. Why do so many people come to the "New World?" Because they are tired of their old country, looking to move up in the world, or merely for a better life. Not the same thing they find back where they came from.
"Eh, whatever."
-Anonymous

Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1)

Postby ksslemp on Wed Jan 02, 2008 3:38 pm

Although i think Paul is a moron, i still think he or any of the other republican contenders for that matter can beat Hillary. All the repub. candidate has to do is press her with tough questions and her true self (the Egotistical Power Whore) will expose itself. I dont think i have ever heard a direct honest response to ANY question asked of her.

If by some Miracle(corruption) she makes it into the White House, I hope she and her staffers bring back all the W's they took the first time. ( friggin' dirtbags! ).
Major ksslemp

Medals: 17
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3)

Postby Chris7He on Wed Jan 02, 2008 3:40 pm

Chris7He wrote:
muy_thaiguy wrote:I suggest you go to Yahoo! Answers Politics section for this, you may learn something from Conservatives (like me).

Yeah. I don't use political propaganda to advance my own agendas like the GOP. I never watched Michael Moore's movies or Al Gore's though I sometimes refer to them (I don't know why). I don't trust Michael Moore. So you are a spoiled child? Not very surprising. My father abandoned my mother and we are living in a basement like apartment (it's not because she's stupid not to get a good job, but she needs to get a degree in accounting and the debt is too much. She doesn't want any welfare for some reason.)

There's a question about square dancing on that site... WHAT THE f*ck??? I think I might just learn something from Ted Haggard, Mark Foley, Scooter Libby, Tom DeLay, Michael D. Brown, and Jack Abramoff.

I can name more, too.

Postby muy_thaiguy on Wed Jan 02, 2008 3:51 pm

Chris7He wrote:

Why would I be a spoiled child? for the first, oh say, 5-7 years of my life, my mom worked at WyoTech. Then, due to her MS, she had to stop working and going to the University (she was only a year from graduating), and I ended up having to take care of her because she had left my dad before I was born, so I have never met the man, nor do I know what he looks like. I lived in a basement apartment until I was about 14. I then came down with Pnumonia and had to spend 5 days in the hospital and a month (the last month of school) at home. Luckily, my grandma (mom's mom) owns the basement apartment. My family has never been "rich," except for my great-grandfather, but we never asked him for money. My great-grandfather though, started out a poor farmer that moved to Laramie after having his first couple of kids. He owned his house, and nothing more. But over time, he made wise deals and bought property around town, and when he died at 90 last April, he wanted to make sure that his kids, grand kids, and great-grand kids would be well off. You see, he had been born during WWI, lived through the Great Depression, was the youngest male of the family (didn't go to war in WWII, but his brothers did), lived through the Korean War, etc. He had a hard life and wanted his family to be well off. So you see, calling me a spoiled little brat is going to far. Especially since I never had an actual father figure and had to teach myself, for the most part, how to be a man, with some influence from my uncles and grandpa. If your family isn't that close, then I guess I pity you and partly see why you are such an advocate of Communism because it looks good, but your mother seems to want to prove to you that self-reliance can be much better then being a welfare person. But unless you help her, it will be all for nought.
"Eh, whatever."
-Anonymous

Postby CrazyAnglican on Wed Jan 02, 2008 4:34 pm

Edit- due to technical ineptitude- :)
Last edited by CrazyAnglican on Fri Jan 04, 2008 12:33 am, edited 2 times in total.
Corporal CrazyAnglican

Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (1)

Postby Chris7He on Wed Jan 02, 2008 5:04 pm

muy_thaiguy wrote:
Chris7He wrote:

Why would I be a spoiled child? for the first, oh say, 5-7 years of my life, my mom worked at WyoTech. Then, due to her MS, she had to stop working and going to the University (she was only a year from graduating), and I ended up having to take care of her because she had left my dad before I was born, so I have never met the man, nor do I know what he looks like. I lived in a basement apartment until I was about 14. I then came down with Pnumonia and had to spend 5 days in the hospital and a month (the last month of school) at home. Luckily, my grandma (mom's mom) owns the basement apartment. My family has never been "rich," except for my great-grandfather, but we never asked him for money. My great-grandfather though, started out a poor farmer that moved to Laramie after having his first couple of kids. He owned his house, and nothing more. But over time, he made wise deals and bought property around town, and when he died at 90 last April, he wanted to make sure that his kids, grand kids, and great-grand kids would be well off. You see, he had been born during WWI, lived through the Great Depression, was the youngest male of the family (didn't go to war in WWII, but his brothers did), lived through the Korean War, etc. He had a hard life and wanted his family to be well off. So you see, calling me a spoiled little brat is going to far. Especially since I never had an actual father figure and had to teach myself, for the most part, how to be a man, with some influence from my uncles and grandpa. If your family isn't that close, then I guess I pity you and partly see why you are such an advocate of Communism because it looks good, but your mother seems to want to prove to you that self-reliance can be much better then being a welfare person. But unless you help her, it will be all for nought.

We rely on the medicare and medicaid program though. I would help her and get a fucking job if there were no GODDAMN MOTHERFUCKING CHILD LABOR LAWS!!! My family was poor and dedicated their lives to communism. My mother moved out of China to allow me to be born since you cannot have a second child (until recently). My mom told me my grandfather was well off and possibly wealthy before the regime change.

She said he was stripped of all of his land and possessions in addition to being imprisoned despite being an outspoken supporter of what my mom called "freedom". I'm communist in the idea not in the governments that have arisen. My mom is avoid welfare because like many other people that have the option, SHE DOESN"T THINK THE HUMILIATION IS WORTH IT.

She is still quite patriotic of China. I don't know if this is nationalistic loyalty or blind worship, but she often sings songs that support the communists and Mao Zedong. It really annoys me and makes me resent my true country (not of birth, but of descendance). My mom is working day and night. She never sees a doctor nor a dentist. I support communism in the idea. A welfare, syndicalist, communistic, state in which the government administers equality to everyone. I can see why it has failed. People are selfish and ambitious. I have a plan for it though...

Postby bradleybadly on Thu Jan 03, 2008 2:43 am

John McCain. He's not a Christian wacko. He will also do whatever is necessary to defend America.
Corporal bradleybadly

Medals: 3
Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)

Postby Neutrino on Thu Jan 03, 2008 4:06 am

bradleybadly wrote:John McCain. He's not a Christian wacko.

I think a nation has reached a very sad state when a major advertising point for a presidential candidate is "not a Christian wacko".

bradleybadly wrote: He will also do whatever is necessary to defend America.

I don't know why people are convinced otherwise, but the "Big Stick" approach to foreign relations does not work. Israel and the US tried it, and look where it got them.
We own all your helmets, we own all your shoes, we own all your generals. Touch us and you loooose...

The Rogue State!
Corporal Neutrino

Medals: 8
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (1)

Postby Snorri1234 on Thu Jan 03, 2008 7:50 am

CrazyAnglican wrote:Look Snorri,

I'm merely pointing out that you seem to have a fundamental misunderstanding of the governor's place in the whole scheme of things. There are plenty of decision makers in education, but the ones who have the greatest influence are the ones directly answerable to the community they serve. That is the local school stucture. The governor of a state has plenty more important things to consider than riding around trying to make sure that every science teacher is teaching five elements of a curriculum that literally incudes hundreds of elements. Whether you think that they are the most important things that children could learn or not. If he jumped up and down; screamed and shouted about it, he'd still be a state level authority trying to impose rules on local systems that are not directly answerable to him. As President of the United States he'd have even less influence over them.

Most certainly he has better things to do as governor. Like not fucking acting like he doesn't know about it and avoiding the question.
If the schools aren't enforcing the curriculum, you are basically saying that's the end of it and we should just forget about it. Right?
I'm not gonna say Huckabee is directly responsible for it, but I do feel that he has absolutely no idea what he's talking about. If he isn't directly responsible or even has any influence over it, then he should've said that instead of going on about how "darwinism" (does not actually exist) is merely a theory and not a fact and therefore creationism should also be taught.
"Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice skate uphill."

Duane: You know what they say about love and war.
Tim: Yes, one involves a lot of physical and psychological pain, and the other one's war.
Private Snorri1234

Doubles Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)
Clan Achievement (1)

Postby got tonkaed on Thu Jan 03, 2008 12:44 pm

admittedly its a little funny that someone would describe mccain as the guy who would do whatever it takes....considering hes the one who is staunchly anti-torture. Im not saying i dont agree with that position, the word choice just made me chuckle.
Cadet got tonkaed

Medals: 20
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (3)

Postby CrazyAnglican on Fri Jan 04, 2008 12:32 am

Snorri1234 wrote: If the schools aren't enforcing the curriculum, you are basically saying that's the end of it and we should just forget about it. Right?

Of course not. I said educators and administrators who ignore their responsibilities in this regard are guilty of educational malpractice. I've said its a local problem that has to be fixed on a local level through local school boards. You seem to be the one who thinks big brother should come in and fix everything for us.

CrazyAnglican wrote:Basically it boils down to this. If I choose to ignore the curriculum it is not the governor's fault. It's my fault; It's my administrators' fault if they allow it. More indirectly it is my county administration's fault if they have a policy in effect to encourage it.

Snorri1234 wrote: I'm not gonna say Huckabee is directly responsible for it,

That's good, I noticed you didn't want to touch whether or not the problem just cropped up because he was governor. You don't seem to be out after Bill & Hilary Clinton about this issue and they ran Arkansas before Mike got ahold of it.

Snorri1234 wrote:but I do feel that he has absolutely no idea what he's talking about.

Yet, you conceeded he had some good ideas in his foreign policy? If you would look at his stances on the issues you'd find out he isn't the hard-liner that you seem to be afraid he is. There have been plenty of very devout Christians who have held the office of President and did so without jeopardizing the separation of Church and State.

Snorri1234 wrote: If he isn't directly responsible or even has any influence over it, then he should've said that instead of going on about how "darwinism" (does not actually exist) is merely a theory and not a fact and therefore creationism should also be taught.

So now the Theory of Evolution isn't a theory? You seem to have a lot invested in this theory. I agree, as an educator, it's in the state's curriculum it should be taught. The whole idea of teaching kids science, however, is to give them the fundamental knowledge and skills to look at the world around them and make intelligent, well-founded observations based on it. No theory, not this one or any other should be preached as if to question it is lunacy. That is directly the opposite of scientific method. Shouldn't it be more like this?
science teacher wrote:"Hey, this is the theory. Oh? you think you see something wrong with it? Great! set up a model and test it. Okay so now what did you find out?"
Corporal CrazyAnglican

PreviousNext

Return to A Place for People to Practice How to Love