Conquer Club

Democratic primary poll

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

well?

Total votes : 0

Democratic primary poll

Postby 0ojakeo0 on Tue Jan 01, 2008 11:13 am

vote!
hecter wrote:Hey... If your donkey eats my roosters feet, that means I have two feet of my cock in your ass.
Corporal 1st Class 0ojakeo0

Postby unriggable on Tue Jan 01, 2008 11:20 am

Barracks Osama.
Cook unriggable

Postby jay_a2j on Tue Jan 01, 2008 11:24 am

RON PAUL!
THE DEBATE IS OVER...
PLAYER57832 wrote:Too many of those who claim they don't believe global warming are really "end-timer" Christians.

JESUS SAVES!!!
Lieutenant jay_a2j

Postby unriggable on Tue Jan 01, 2008 11:25 am

jay_a2j wrote:RON PAUL!

Concerning your signature: how do you mispell a word without a pencil?
Cook unriggable

Postby Snorri1234 on Tue Jan 01, 2008 11:26 am

Barack.
"Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice skate uphill."

Duane: You know what they say about love and war.
Tim: Yes, one involves a lot of physical and psychological pain, and the other one's war.
Private Snorri1234

Postby jay_a2j on Tue Jan 01, 2008 12:10 pm

unriggable wrote:

If you misspell a word, is it the pencil's fault? No more than if you shoot someone it is the guns fault.

Also, you can use a pen. :wink:
THE DEBATE IS OVER...
PLAYER57832 wrote:Too many of those who claim they don't believe global warming are really "end-timer" Christians.

JESUS SAVES!!!
Lieutenant jay_a2j

Postby Snorri1234 on Tue Jan 01, 2008 12:13 pm

jay_a2j wrote:If you misspell a word, is it the pencil's fault? No more than if you shoot someone it is the guns fault.

It's not the pencil's fault, but you wouldn't misspell the word if you didn't have a pencil. :wink:
"Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice skate uphill."

Duane: You know what they say about love and war.
Tim: Yes, one involves a lot of physical and psychological pain, and the other one's war.
Private Snorri1234

Postby OnlyAmbrose on Tue Jan 01, 2008 12:47 pm

jay_a2j wrote:
unriggable wrote:

If you misspell a word, is it the pencil's fault? No more than if you shoot someone it is the guns fault.

I'm all for second amendment, but it is a false analogy. I'd say that the consequences of making a mistake with a pencil and killing someone with a gun are pretty different. ;)
"The Nation that makes a great distinction between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting done by fools."
Corporal 1st Class OnlyAmbrose

Postby gryffin13 on Wed Jan 02, 2008 3:00 am

OnlyAmbrose wrote:
jay_a2j wrote:
unriggable wrote:

I'm all for second amendment, but it is a false analogy. I'd say that the consequences of making a mistake with a pencil and killing someone with a gun are pretty different. ;)

it's not implying that the consequences are the same, its just pointing out that guns are not responsible for peoples deaths, its the people who can't handle guns that are responsible. I assume it's an anti-gun control signature?
"I am fond of pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals."

"You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life."

-Winston Churchill
Corporal 1st Class gryffin13

Postby Skittles! on Wed Jan 02, 2008 3:03 am

Guns kill people even with someone that knows how to handle one. Ever heard of WAR, jay? Those people are trained with guns, what for? Oh, that's right, to kill.

Guns are made for killing. You can't say that it isn't.
KraphtOne wrote:when you sign up a new account one of the check boxes should be "do you want to foe colton24 (it is highly recommended) "
Private Skittles!

Postby Neutrino on Wed Jan 02, 2008 4:11 am

Since this thread is already offtopic and looks destined to stay there...

I've always considered Jay's signature to be particularly nonsensical. Yes, pencils misspell words. However, this is not their primary function. Misspelling is an abberation to be hunted down and terminated by all sentient individuals. Guns have precisely one purpose, and that is to kill. The killing action of a gun is not an unfortunate sideffect; it is a direct result of the gun being fired. How you can justify the intended function of one instrument with the misfunction of another is beyond me.

p.s. The second part of your signature is equally crap.
We own all your helmets, we own all your shoes, we own all your generals. Touch us and you loooose...

The Rogue State!
Corporal Neutrino

Postby CrazyAnglican on Wed Jan 02, 2008 8:48 am

unriggable wrote:

verbally. :)
Corporal CrazyAnglican

Postby Dancing Mustard on Wed Jan 02, 2008 9:27 am

Neutrino wrote:Since this thread is already offtopic and looks destined to stay there...

I've always considered Jay's signature to be particularly nonsensical. Yes, pencils misspell words. However, this is not their primary function. Misspelling is an abberation to be hunted down and terminated by all sentient individuals. Guns have precisely one purpose, and that is to kill. The killing action of a gun is not an unfortunate sideffect; it is a direct result of the gun being fired. How you can justify the intended function of one instrument with the misfunction of another is beyond me.

Word up.

The signature also fails to note that without the pencil nobody would be capable of mispelling anything. Just as, without guns, nobody would be capable of commiting mass public shootings. Yes yes, I know that the we-love-guns lobby will immediately cry 'they could have killed some other way! And they would have too!'... but that fails to accept the reality that you just can't perpetrate a mass public killing with a bread-knife. Columbine with meat-cleavers? Dunblaine with Cricket Bats? V-Tech with sticks and stones? Unlikely events I'd say.

It's just physically impossible to massacre double-figures of people in under five minutes when you don't have a gun. That's the ugly truth at the bottom of the 'legalise firearms' debate. Incidences of crime don't really matter too much, because the debate ought to be focusing around this particular type of high-impact crime which is entirely unique to handgun weilding offenders.

No matter how hard people wriggle and whine about it, and no matter how often they come up with bizarre pencil analogies, you can't deny that not having access to guns makes it near impossible for most people to perpetrate mass murder; at the very least, it makes mass killings significantly less likely. But just watch, we'll be hard-pressed to get a sensible answer from Jay on this topic...

*Prepares for an angry backlash of illogical "but I like my gun and don't want to lose it because the Pentagon is inside my head and trying to steal my mind with oppression rays" humbug*
Wayne wrote:Wow, with a voice like that Dancing Mustard must get all the babes!

Garth wrote:Yeah, I bet he's totally studly and buff.
Corporal Dancing Mustard

Postby Norse on Wed Jan 02, 2008 9:46 am

Dancing Mustard wrote: Columbine with meat-cleavers? Dunblaine with Cricket Bats? V-Tech with sticks and stones? Unlikely events I'd say.

Win win win.

However, as serious as the events were, they would have been amusing with the scenarios listed here.
b.k. barunt wrote:Snorri's like one of those fufu dogs who get all excited and dance around pissing on themself.

suggs wrote:scared off by all the pervs and wankers already? No? Then let me introduce myself, I'm Mr Pervy Wank.
Corporal 1st Class Norse

Postby Chris7He on Wed Jan 02, 2008 10:35 am

Dancing Mustard wrote:
Neutrino wrote:Since this thread is already offtopic and looks destined to stay there...

Word up.

The signature also fails to note that without the pencil nobody would be capable of mispelling anything. Just as, without guns, nobody would be capable of commiting mass public shootings. Yes yes, I know that the we-love-guns lobby will immediately cry 'they could have killed some other way! And they would have too!'... but that fails to accept the reality that you just can't perpetrate a mass public killing with a bread-knife. Columbine with meat-cleavers? Dunblaine with Cricket Bats? V-Tech with sticks and stones? Unlikely events I'd say.

It's just physically impossible to massacre double-figures of people in under five minutes when you don't have a gun. That's the ugly truth at the bottom of the 'legalise firearms' debate. Incidences of crime don't really matter too much, because the debate ought to be focusing around this particular type of high-impact crime which is entirely unique to handgun weilding offenders.

No matter how hard people wriggle and whine about it, and no matter how often they come up with bizarre pencil analogies, you can't deny that not having access to guns makes it near impossible for most people to perpetrate mass murder; at the very least, it makes mass killings significantly less likely. But just watch, we'll be hard-pressed to get a sensible answer from Jay on this topic...

*Prepares for an angry backlash of illogical "but I like my gun and don't want to lose it because the Pentagon is inside my head and trying to steal my mind with oppression rays" humbug*

Then how come statistics show that any attempt to try to utilize gun control results in more violence. We can face the REAL truth and know that guns will always be out there. The most we can do is to stop distributing them.
Corporal 1st Class Chris7He

Postby Dancing Mustard on Wed Jan 02, 2008 10:49 am

Chris7He wrote:Then how come statistics show that any attempt to try to utilize gun control results in more violence.
Tee hee, here they come...

Evidence to support your claims please. Remember statistics that you imagined and made up in your head don't count. At the moment you're just a child making up 'facts' because you really really want to own a gun.

Come back when you know what you're talking about, and can evidence your claims. I doubt we'll be seeing you soon.

Corporal Dancing Mustard

Postby btownmeggy on Wed Jan 02, 2008 3:36 pm

I'm absolutely undecided as to who I'll vote for in the primary, not that it matters because I don't live in any of the incredibly non-representative states of Iowa, New Hampshire, Nevada, or South Carolina.

Since way-early-on, long before he announced, I've been for Richardson. I think he's been a great governor in NM, and his foreign policy experience is unrivaled by any of the candidates, and practically any politician in the United States. He's been anti-Iraq War since day one and has made it a focal point of his campaign. But, it became clear several months ago he doesn't have a chance.

I think Edwards is incoherent and opportunistic.

Clinton is in general much too conservative for my taste, but I like her health care plan much better than anyone else's. In fact, her proposal is the only respectable one out of any major candidate's.

Biden, the poor little goof-ball, has an excellent plan for Iraq, and is a competent politician when he can get his foot out of his mouth. He also has no chance, of course. However, he's still a senator and his federalism plan may still come to fruition... we can hope.

Obama is very charismatic and I think symbolically would improve the US's image in the world. He claims to be all about change, but he doesn't have much of anything revolutionary to say.
Corporal btownmeggy

Postby Chris7He on Wed Jan 02, 2008 3:44 pm

It seems as if there are neither women nor Democrats on the Internet...
Corporal 1st Class Chris7He

Postby unriggable on Wed Jan 02, 2008 4:00 pm

Chris7He wrote:It seems as if there are neither women nor Democrats on the Internet...

Look at the graph in the republican thread. You'd think that a bigger image would turn more heads, but you ignored it completely.
Cook unriggable

Postby Dancing Mustard on Wed Jan 02, 2008 4:30 pm

unriggable wrote:Look at the graph in the republican thread. You'd think that a bigger image would turn more heads, but you ignored it completely.

Nah... f*ck it, let's just drag it over here and make sure that the bonkers "more guns=less shooting" crowd see it:

Corporal Dancing Mustard

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,