Conquer Club

Chinese MixedMartialArts Art Of War FC

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Chinese MixedMartialArts Art Of War FC

Postby mybike_yourface on Thu Jan 03, 2008 1:40 am

Any MixedMartialArts fans out there?
If you were saddened by the UFC buying out Pride FC( i was) check out the new chinese Art Of War FC.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ofgCB95ONzA

Pride was so much more fun to watch than UFC. I hate all the UFC rules and how much it's rules are geared towards grapplers.
Art Of War's rules are much more along the lines of Pride. Since i do chinese martials i'm also excited to see some chinese freestyle(san da/sou) and chinese wrestling(shui jiao) get more public attention.
Cadet mybike_yourface

Medals: 6
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (1)

Postby muy_thaiguy on Thu Jan 03, 2008 2:04 am

My sensei was in Pride for awhile, and has done Ring of Fire a couple times, and has currently done a few locally sanctioned fights. Also, he went to California to Kickbox with Ernie Rayes Jr, and met Ken Shamrock while there who told him he won the bout with Ernie Rayes Jr (went to judges decision, and the crowd wanted him to win). Looks like I'll have to check that out, even though I'm better on the ground then standing up.
"Eh, whatever."
-Anonymous

What, you expected something deep or flashy?
Private 1st Class muy_thaiguy

Medals: 10
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (1)

Postby mybike_yourface on Thu Jan 03, 2008 3:43 am

muy_thaiguy wrote:My sensei was in Pride for awhile, and has done Ring of Fire a couple times, and has currently done a few locally sanctioned fights. Also, he went to California to Kickbox with Ernie Rayes Jr, and met Ken Shamrock while there who told him he won the bout with Ernie Rayes Jr (went to judges decision, and the crowd wanted him to win). Looks like I'll have to check that out, even though I'm better on the ground then standing up.

who is he? anyone who fights in pride is gnarly.
Cadet mybike_yourface

Medals: 6
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (1)

Postby muy_thaiguy on Thu Jan 03, 2008 1:06 pm

mybike_yourface wrote:
muy_thaiguy wrote:My sensei was in Pride for awhile, and has done Ring of Fire a couple times, and has currently done a few locally sanctioned fights. Also, he went to California to Kickbox with Ernie Rayes Jr, and met Ken Shamrock while there who told him he won the bout with Ernie Rayes Jr (went to judges decision, and the crowd wanted him to win). Looks like I'll have to check that out, even though I'm better on the ground then standing up.

who is he? anyone who fights in pride is gnarly.
Well, he hasn't done it for a few years, but his name is Ryan Fotheringham, and went by the fight name "The Cowboy." :wink:
"Eh, whatever."
-Anonymous

What, you expected something deep or flashy?
Private 1st Class muy_thaiguy

Medals: 10
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (1)

Return to A Place for People to Practice How to Love