Conquer Club

Where Will Santana Go?

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Who Will Santana Be Traded To?

Total votes : 0

Where Will Santana Go?

Postby wrightfan123 on Sun Jan 27, 2008 4:32 pm

I'm just curious to see where CCers think Johan Santana of the Minnesota Twins will end up. A lot of people think Boston, but I'm pretty sure they recently took Jon Laster off the table. The Yankees are to mediocre for Santana to allow himself to be traded their (he can almost automatically cut off any deal by saying he wants to sign a contract with Xmillion dollars). I think in the end, the Mets will be willing to send over a few good prospects to get him. I think the Twins will back down a bit and only ask for 2 of the pitchers and 1 of the outfielders. What do you think?
Corporal wrightfan123

Location: Looking over every baseball team's schedule to try to determine who will win the World Series.

Postby wrightfan123 on Sun Jan 27, 2008 5:00 pm

Hello?... Does anyone care enough to post?
Corporal wrightfan123

Location: Looking over every baseball team's schedule to try to determine who will win the World Series.

Postby ignotus on Sun Jan 27, 2008 5:00 pm

wrightfan123 wrote:Hello?... Does anyone care enough to post?

NO! :roll:
heavycola wrote:
Snorri1234 wrote:Man, this thread was great. A whopping 230 pages with noone changing their viewpoint.

I actually converted around page 198. Unfortunately, I converted to satanism.
Lieutenant ignotus

Postby suggs on Sun Jan 27, 2008 5:01 pm

Play cricket.
Norse wrote:But, alas, you are all cock munching rent boys, with an IQ that would make my local spaco clinic blush.
Sergeant 1st Class suggs

Postby jecko7 on Sun Jan 27, 2008 5:04 pm

Boston.

It's not Lester they're worried about trading - it's Jacoby. Right now people are absolutely in LOVE with Jacoby, popular pressure is keeping the Sox from giving him away. But c'mon, this would be such a sweet deal for the Sox - Coco Crisp backs up CF, Santana replaces Lester, it's a win-win. I think one of two things will happen:

A) Sox give in and give the Twins what they want.
B) We (Sox) find some other crazy trade for Santana - we have an excess of pitchers, and we really, really would love Johan.

If the Twins agree to take someone other than Ellsbury, this deal is done.
Captain jecko7

Postby spurgistan on Sun Jan 27, 2008 5:22 pm

I think right now, the market for Johan is so low that they might as well keep him. The A's trading Haren really hurt the Twins chances of getting the qualiy prospects they need. Just wondering, what would the Mets give the Twins? And I'm pretty sure Lester is still on the market. But what I think the Mets will do now is realize that Santana isn't going to lose a lot of value at the trading deadline compared to now, barring some sort of injury. Teams will still be looking to lock up an incredible playoff pitcher. I still see the Sox trying to get him at the deadline, and stil havfing more of what the Twins want than anybody else, but the Twins could have a decent team this year if they keep Santana around.
Sergeant spurgistan

Postby DaGip on Sun Jan 27, 2008 6:03 pm

I live in South Dakota, so I am in the middle of Twins Baseball Country...Santana shouldn't be traded off, he is still one of the best pitchers. It would be nice for the Twins to keep him on as part of their arsenal...unless they think trading him for better hitters is a better option. Twins could always use a couple of good smart hitters.
Army of GOD wrote:This thread is now about my large penis
Sergeant 1st Class DaGip

Postby Iliad on Sun Jan 27, 2008 6:57 pm

Santa doesn't play baseball!
Private 1st Class Iliad

Postby DaGip on Sun Jan 27, 2008 7:19 pm

Iliad wrote:Santa doesn't play baseball!

Bullocks!

Army of GOD wrote:This thread is now about my large penis
Sergeant 1st Class DaGip

Postby InkL0sed on Sun Jan 27, 2008 7:35 pm

I don't think he'll go anywhere, the Twins are being too demanding and teams seem to be going with keeping their youth lately. Which I like – I'm a Yankees fan, and I don't even want Santana to go to the Yankees – they'd be selling their soul if they gave away Cano or Hughes.
Lieutenant InkL0sed

Postby jnd94 on Sun Jan 27, 2008 8:03 pm

Cubs!
Captain jnd94

Postby Serbia on Sun Jan 27, 2008 8:16 pm

InkL0sed wrote:I don't think he'll go anywhere, the Twins are being too demanding and teams seem to be going with keeping their youth lately. Which I like – I'm a Yankees fan, and I don't even want Santana to go to the Yankees – they'd be selling their soul if they gave away Cano or Hughes.

I find this very funny.
CONFUSED? YOU'LL KNOW WHEN YOU'RE RIPE
saxitoxin wrote:Serbia is a RUDE DUDE
may not be a PRUDE, but he's gotta 'TUDE
might not be LEWD, but he's gonna get BOOED
RUDE
Captain Serbia

Postby InkL0sed on Sun Jan 27, 2008 9:16 pm

Serbia wrote:
InkL0sed wrote:I don't think he'll go anywhere, the Twins are being too demanding and teams seem to be going with keeping their youth lately. Which I like – I'm a Yankees fan, and I don't even want Santana to go to the Yankees – they'd be selling their soul if they gave away Cano or Hughes.

I find this very funny.

Serbia is a funny country.
Lieutenant InkL0sed

Postby Serbia on Sun Jan 27, 2008 11:44 pm

InkL0sed wrote:
Serbia wrote:

I find this very funny.

Serbia is a funny country.

=D> =D> =D> Excellent comeback!
CONFUSED? YOU'LL KNOW WHEN YOU'RE RIPE
saxitoxin wrote:Serbia is a RUDE DUDE
may not be a PRUDE, but he's gotta 'TUDE
might not be LEWD, but he's gonna get BOOED
RUDE
Captain Serbia

Postby Heimdall on Sun Jan 27, 2008 11:50 pm

He'll probably join Los Lobos since they are Mexican and they need a good guitarist.
Lieutenant Heimdall

Postby Snorri1234 on Mon Jan 28, 2008 7:25 am

Heimdall wrote:He'll probably join Los Lobos since they are Mexican and they need a good guitarist.

I wanted to make that joke. :lol:
"Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice skate uphill."

Duane: You know what they say about love and war.
Tim: Yes, one involves a lot of physical and psychological pain, and the other one's war.
Private Snorri1234

Postby MeDeFe on Mon Jan 28, 2008 7:56 am

Snorri1234 wrote:
Heimdall wrote:He'll probably join Los Lobos since they are Mexican and they need a good guitarist.

I wanted to make that joke. :lol:

I was thinking along similar lines.
saxitoxin wrote:Your position is more complex than the federal tax code. As soon as I think I understand it, I find another index of cross-references, exceptions and amendments I have to apply.
Timminz wrote:Yo mama is so classless, she could be a Marxist utopia.
Major MeDeFe

Location: Follow the trail of holes in other people's arguments.

Postby kerntheconkerer on Tue Jan 29, 2008 1:39 pm

jecko7 wrote:Boston.

It's not Lester they're worried about trading - it's Jacoby. Right now people are absolutely in LOVE with Jacoby, popular pressure is keeping the Sox from giving him away. But c'mon, this would be such a sweet deal for the Sox - Coco Crisp backs up CF, Santana replaces Lester, it's a win-win. I think one of two things will happen:

A) Sox give in and give the Twins what they want.
B) We (Sox) find some other crazy trade for Santana - we have an excess of pitchers, and we really, really would love Johan.

If the Twins agree to take someone other than Ellsbury, this deal is done.

Pretty much what I think. Or maybe something else along those lines
"Why so Serious?"
<(‘.’<) ^(‘.’)^ (>’.’)>
Corporal 1st Class kerntheconkerer

Postby DeCaptain on Tue Jan 29, 2008 4:40 pm

I laugh at this. Seriously. Too demanding? Have you ever watched him pitch? And your bit about the Yankees trading Cano is dumb. There is really no trade talks with the Yankees about Cano, plus aren't the Yankees almost about to sign him to a new deal anyways?

I don't think he will end up with the mets. They just don't have enough to offer. Best deal for the Twins would be to Boston if they could get Jacoby and Lester, but that would never happen. And the Yankees won't trade Hughes for Santana for some reason unbeknown to me. Personally, I feel the Twins will wind up with him opening the year for them, and then trading him by the trade deadline.
Corporal 1st Class DeCaptain

Postby darvlay on Tue Jan 29, 2008 4:43 pm

DeCaptain wrote:

I laugh at this. Seriously. Too demanding? Have you ever watched him pitch? And your bit about the Yankees trading Cano is dumb. There is really no trade talks with the Yankees about Cano, plus aren't the Yankees almost about to sign him to a new deal anyways?

I don't think he will end up with the mets. They just don't have enough to offer. Best deal for the Twins would be to Boston if they could get Jacoby and Lester, but that would never happen. And the Yankees won't trade Hughes for Santana for some reason unbeknown to me. Personally, I feel the Twins will wind up with him opening the year for them, and then trading him by the trade deadline.

ESPN is reporting that the Mets are the front-runner right now. That being said, I doubt he'll go anywhere now.
Roses are red
Shit is brown
Nothing but assholes
Live in this town
Sergeant darvlay

Postby DeCaptain on Tue Jan 29, 2008 4:56 pm

Don't I feel stupid now that they traded him to the mets (or so says espn<
Corporal 1st Class DeCaptain

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,