Conquer Club

Whatever happened to...

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Postby browng-08 on Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:36 pm

Napoleon Ier wrote:
got tonkaed wrote:i like futuristic dystopia movies....im sorry, its a weakness.

Bladerunner is one of the best films ever made, possibly in th top ten.
mmmm... I love Asimov. Has anyone seen "A Scanner Darkly"?
Corporal browng-08

Re: Whatever happened to...

Postby DirtyDishSoap on Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:56 pm

muy_thaiguy wrote:Good quality movies that had good actors, good singers, good story lines, non-political message, family-friendly movies? You rarely see them anymore. There are a few being made, but not very many at all. So, what happened to such quality movies? Where comedy wasn't a sexual inuendo every second scene and was actually funny to a wide range of audiences. Now all you really see are "IT'S AN ALIEN! BLOW IT UP!," or "He chopped off that guys head!" or, "it's teh robot-sex! let's do it in public!" Just to name a few examples of what I seem to see in nearly every movie that is made. If it wasn't so common, then I wouldn't have a problem with such low quality films (don't even get me started on Napolean Dynamite, that movie was a waste of an hour and a half of my life), but the amount that they are made is just dissapointing, with only a few decent ones being released at such great intervals.

Your thoughts on this?
God i love you

I blame the new marvel comic movies...Since i started watchin these i have the incredible need to stick a gun to my head.
Dukasaur wrote:
saxitoxin wrote:taking medical advice from this creature; a morbidly obese man who is 100% convinced he willed himself into becoming a woman.

Your obsession with mrswdk is really sad.

ConfederateSS wrote:Just because people are idiots... Doesn't make them wrong.
Corporal 1st Class DirtyDishSoap

Postby Snorri1234 on Tue Jan 29, 2008 1:12 pm

Iliad wrote:
Napoleon Ier wrote:
muy_thaiguy wrote:don't even get me started on Napolean Dynamite, that movie was a waste of an hour and a half of my life

:lol: :lol: :lol: What was that even mean to be??

I sincerely believe that the worst film ever made in the past couple of years was either Hitman or Pirates of the Carribean III.
Pirates was a cool movie! :evil:

Pirates III wasn't.
"Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice skate uphill."

Duane: You know what they say about love and war.
Tim: Yes, one involves a lot of physical and psychological pain, and the other one's war.
Private Snorri1234

Postby darvlay on Tue Jan 29, 2008 1:20 pm

The last three films I saw: Juno, Zodiac, and No Country for Old Men

All three were great and very entertaining.

Maybe you just suffer from cranky old man syndrome.

Regardless, I wonder why people remember the "good ol' days" as if crap was never produced back then. Just because you don't remember it doesn't mean it never existed.
Roses are red
Shit is brown
Nothing but assholes
Live in this town
Sergeant darvlay

Postby Neoteny on Tue Jan 29, 2008 1:24 pm

darvlay wrote:The last three films I saw: Juno, Zodiac, and No Country for Old Men

All three were great and very entertaining.

Maybe you just suffer from cranky old man syndrome.

Regardless, I wonder why people remember the "good ol' days" as if crap was never produced back then. Just because you don't remember it doesn't mean it never existed.

:lol:
Napoleon Ier wrote:You people need to grow up to be honest.
Major Neoteny

Postby darvlay on Tue Jan 29, 2008 1:27 pm

browng-08 wrote:
Napoleon Ier wrote:
got tonkaed wrote:i like futuristic dystopia movies....im sorry, its a weakness.

Bladerunner is one of the best films ever made, possibly in th top ten.
mmmm... I love Asimov. Has anyone seen "A Scanner Darkly"?

That's Dick, not Asimov.

Your love is not genuine.

Or maybe you just didn't want to say "I love dick"?
Roses are red
Shit is brown
Nothing but assholes
Live in this town
Sergeant darvlay

Postby Napoleon Ier on Tue Jan 29, 2008 1:31 pm

Snorri1234 wrote:
Iliad wrote:
Napoleon Ier wrote:
muy_thaiguy wrote:don't even get me started on Napolean Dynamite, that movie was a waste of an hour and a half of my life

:lol: :lol: :lol: What was that even mean to be??

I sincerely believe that the worst film ever made in the past couple of years was either Hitman or Pirates of the Carribean III.
Pirates was a cool movie! :evil:

Pirates III wasn't.

3 hours my life wasted watching some senseless garbage that some bespectacled idiot had put together on the computer with a bit of contrived attempts at acting out appalling script thrown in. *shudders*

I ate a deep fried mars-bar to console myself.
Le Roy est mort: Vive le Roy!

Dieu et mon Pays.
Cadet Napoleon Ier

Location: Exploiting the third world's genetic plant resources.

Postby Gypsys Kiss on Tue Jan 29, 2008 2:00 pm

darvlay wrote:

I agree with you mostly. The old 'crap' films are not remembered because they are easily forgotten. It just seems as if a lot more 'crap' movies are being made today. This may just be my imagination of course.

I blame money. These days directors go for all singing, all dancing special effects and 'megastars' who rarely turn in a decent performance. Cash seems to be no object anymore.

Another problem I have is British actors playing Americans and vice versa. There are enough good actors on both sides of the pond that this shouldn't be an issue.

My favourite newish film is The Usual Suspects.
My favourite alltime film is Captains Courageous. Spencer Tracy could really act.
Sergeant Gypsys Kiss

Postby darvlay on Tue Jan 29, 2008 2:08 pm

Gypsys Kiss wrote:
darvlay wrote:

I agree with you mostly. The old 'crap' films are not remembered because they are easily forgotten. It just seems as if a lot more 'crap' movies are being made today. This may just be my imagination of course.

It's not your imagination. The presence of more crap is the nature of consumerism but that does not mean that no quality exists in art today. You just need to seek it out a little harder now, in my opinion.
Roses are red
Shit is brown
Nothing but assholes
Live in this town
Sergeant darvlay

Previous

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,