Conquer Club

My dog Ghost's last day

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

My dog Ghost's last day

Postby Krueger on Wed Jan 30, 2008 1:50 pm

Her name was Ghost, and she was 12 years old. My wife and I have had her for about 9 years, we got her just after we got married.

Ghost was a racing Greyhound, she was 3 when she was retired form racing, we picked her up from a Greyhound rescue group.

Ghost was an odd one, before we got her she had lived her whole life at the race track. She had never lived in a house, all she knew was the kennel. It was like having a big puppy in your home because everything that was in the house was new to her, like the stairs, couch, cats, and the slippery linoleum.

No other dog that I've known could give the "Look" like Ghost, or tell you what she wanted by the way she would perk up her ears.
I know everyone says it about their dog but she was the best, yes she drove me nuts sometimes with her whining, but it was her way of talking.

I'm going to miss her....

Ghost and her "Look".

On the back deck.

And I took this one just before we left for the vets today.

I don't know why I wanted to post all this....

But I did, thanks for looking.
Shin high sharp edges are karma's debt collectors.
Sergeant Krueger

Postby wicked on Wed Jan 30, 2008 1:53 pm

Sorry for your loss. It's never easy to lose a loved one, no matter the "species."
Major wicked

Postby Krueger on Wed Jan 30, 2008 1:58 pm

Thank you wicked.
Sergeant Krueger

Postby hecter on Wed Jan 30, 2008 1:58 pm

I'm sorry :( She sounds like a wonderful dog, and I know that you'll miss her. I hope that you're able to find another wonderful dog (not that it'll replace Ghost, but it'll still be nice for you to have a dog) in the future.
In heaven... Everything is fine, in heaven... Everything is fine, in heaven... Everything is fine... You got your things, and I've got mine.
Private 1st Class hecter

Postby Krueger on Wed Jan 30, 2008 2:02 pm

Thanks hecter, we have another dog, his name is Dino.
We've had him for about 8 months now.
Sergeant Krueger

Postby Guiscard on Wed Jan 30, 2008 2:57 pm

Sorry, mate. Looks like a lovely dog.

If it's OK with you I'd like to make a joke though? I'll put it in spoilter text so you don't have to read it if you don't want to...

The cat did it. Check the third picture.
qwert wrote:Can i ask you something?What is porpose for you to open these Political topic in ConquerClub? Why you mix politic with Risk? Why you not open topic like HOT AND SEXY,or something like that.
Private 1st Class Guiscard

Postby heavycola on Wed Jan 30, 2008 4:41 pm

that sucks man, sorry to hear it.
Corporal 1st Class heavycola

Postby Plutoman on Wed Jan 30, 2008 4:48 pm

I lost a cat not too long ago, I can easily relate. It's always sad to lose someone you love :(

Just remember the good times ;)
Private 1st Class Plutoman

Postby the_fatty on Wed Jan 30, 2008 4:53 pm

Guiscard wrote:Sorry, mate. Looks like a lovely dog.

If it's OK with you I'd like to make a joke though? I'll put it in spoilter text so you don't have to read it if you don't want to...

lol, good joke, bad timing.

wow that stinks. the dog looked like a good friend, and even though ill never had a dog (allergies :( ) if i could get one, it would look like that. Sorry for the loss.
wicked wrote:agreed, I'm scum. vote wicked.
Dariune wrote:Who said thaf > if i dont (f*ck SAKE!!!) go soon shi gfonna get in troubl with Jen. Teehee

I not drunk im tipsy and my key board is shite thats akl
Private the_fatty

Postby 2dimes on Wed Jan 30, 2008 6:06 pm

I had to put our 7 year old boarder collie down in november, wife says 13th. Just getting over it now pretty much.

Sometimes I'm still looking for her when I close the door coming into the bedroom to make sure she's in with me.

She was deaf and it could make for some stress but she was family so it sucked to lose her.

Condolences to you and your family.
Corporal 2dimes

Postby glide on Wed Jan 30, 2008 6:56 pm

This picture is my desktop....the one on the left is Kiah...I got her 12 yrs ago, to perk up Chelsea, the other one...Poor ole Chelsea had a stroke when she was 14, and after almost a year of trying to nurse her back to health, she seemed to just give up. So, one day, I made the appointment, then I got a steak, and a bowl of ice cream. I fed both dogs the steak, most of it to Chelsea, and then put a valium in some icecream, and fed her that. My cat, and Kiah both seemed to know something was about to change in our home, and they touched noses with Chelsea after she had finished eating. Some friends had come over to say goodbye to her, and we toasted her with drinks, and then a friend drove me over to the vet while I carried her in my arms. The vet let me put the needle in. I still miss her, and I still cry when I tell this tale..but think of it this way......they love you unconditionally, and they are a gift in your life. Be happy remembering her. I am.
Gatekeeper, and Proud Member of XI Games
Newt Hunter
Sergeant glide

Location: 7km outside the thriving metropolis of Centreville, New Brunswick!

Postby Grooveman2007 on Wed Jan 30, 2008 7:07 pm

I feel for ya, I just lost one dog and the other one is on her last legs. Just keep your chin up and rember the happy times. :(
Private 1st Class Grooveman2007

Postby strike wolf on Wed Jan 30, 2008 7:36 pm

since I was a kid, I've had 3 dogs die and the one that was the worst for me was my 5 month old Irish Setter, Lu Lu. I had just gotten home from school and apparently had failed to get the screen door to close properly and she slipped out. It took me only a couple minutes to realize that she had a escaped but it was still to late. I went out into the front yard and was heading toward the street to look for her when I heard some tires screeching and a yelp. She ended up dieing at the vet 4 hours later.

I still blame myself for what happened that day and it's always a horrible thing to lose a beloved pet. I wish you the best and I'm sure that the memories of Ghost will live on inside you.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Strike wolf need brain for smart making.
Cadet strike wolf

Postby Krueger on Wed Jan 30, 2008 8:44 pm

Thanks all for the kind words and stories...

They do love you unconditionally don't they glide, I guess that is part of what makes it so hard.

Their whole lives revolve around you, my wife tells me that Ghost knew what my car sounded like and as soon as she would hear it she would jump up to be at the door as soon as I opened it when I got home from work.
I knew that she was the first one at the door but didn't know that she was so dedicated to seeing me.
She was always happy to see me no mater how bad my day was.

Guiscard wrote:Sorry, mate. Looks like a lovely dog.

It was a good joke Guiscard, if you can't laugh at a good tasteful joke even in a time of sorrow you may never heal.
Sergeant Krueger

Postby Lucky Se7en on Wed Jan 30, 2008 8:52 pm

Yea dogs are man's best friend...I have a dog that I grew up with & is getting pretty old, I might have to make the decision soon & I'm not sure what I'll do.
Sergeant 1st Class Lucky Se7en

Postby nagerous on Wed Jan 30, 2008 9:09 pm

My dog Jack (a golden labrador) died in August this summer. He was 14 and had pretty much lived with me all my life. It was pretty much the saddest day of my life, especially since he had to be put down because he stopped eating and was just lying in pain in the garden. I still think of him all the time, since he helped me through some of the toughest problems in my life, just by being there and being someone to comfort, when you feel all alone in the world and no-one else is there to support you. The hardest part I find is when you're walking through a park and you see lots of owners with their dogs and you are all alone and don't have a dog to walk or be with you any more. You will get over your loss eventually, but it will be tough. People often don't appreciate how much a pet can mean to you but the grief is often just as strong as losing a loved one who is human.
Captain nagerous

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,