Conquer Club

the longest thread, thread - Occasionally NSFW

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: the longest thread, thread - Occasionally NSFW

Postby Quirk on Wed Oct 07, 2015 7:08 pm

AndyDufresne wrote:Where's my weekend? Here weekend. Heeeeeeereeeeeee weekend.

Image Image

"Zungguzungguguzungguzeng"
-Yellowman
pancakemix wrote:Quirk, you are a bastard. That is all.
Major Quirk

Postby Quirk on Wed Oct 07, 2015 7:09 pm

BPotW

Image Image

-Yellowman
Major Quirk

Postby pancakemix on Wed Oct 07, 2015 9:01 pm

muy_thaiguy wrote:Well, got a call for jury duty for next Tuesday. I go to the courthouse for the interview and see if I get selected. Only issues are;
1. In the morning I go to Fort Collins to see a doctor about my ankle.
2. Said doctor may schedule surgery.
3. Been working on my mom's apartment to make it more handicap accessible while she does PT at the nursing home.
4. She was taken to the nursing home about a month ago due to a very bad UTI, combined with her MS meant she was hallucinating big time and in no shape to be home alone.
5. She is pretty much 100% now and remembers basically nothing when she was hallucinating (for the better), she's just there for the therapy.
So YAY on more things I really didn't need to deal with (jury duty) in a relatively short expanse in time.

Well then you have a laundry list of reasons why you shouldn't be selected. I wouldn't fret too much on it.

Also forgot I needed a spare keyboard for a minute...
Epic Win

"Always tell the truth. It's the easiest thing to remember." - Richard Roma, Glengarry Glen Ross

aage wrote:Never trust CYOC or pancake.
Corporal 1st Class pancakemix

Postby muy_thaiguy on Wed Oct 07, 2015 9:11 pm

pancakemix wrote:
muy_thaiguy wrote:Well, got a call for jury duty for next Tuesday. I go to the courthouse for the interview and see if I get selected. Only issues are;
3. Been working on my mom's apartment to make it more handicap accessible while she does PT at the nursing home.
4. She was taken to the nursing home about a month ago due to a very bad UTI, combined with her MS meant she was hallucinating big time and in no shape to be home alone.
5. She is pretty much 100% now and remembers basically nothing when she was hallucinating (for the better), she's just there for the therapy.
So YAY on more things I really didn't need to deal with (jury duty) in a relatively short expanse in time.

Well then you have a laundry list of reasons why you shouldn't be selected. I wouldn't fret too much on it.

I'll just show up in a t-shirt, shorts, hat, and jacket while everyone else is in dress clothes.
"Do you REALLY want me on that jury?"
"Eh, whatever."
-Anonymous

What, you expected something deep or flashy?
Private 1st Class muy_thaiguy

Postby jonesthecurl on Thu Oct 08, 2015 9:16 am

How often do people get called for jury duty here? It's happened to me 3 times, though I didn't go cos each time I explained I'm not a citizen.
instagram.com/garethjohnjoneswrites
Sergeant 1st Class jonesthecurl

Postby UCAbears on Thu Oct 08, 2015 10:11 am

I've been running from the law for almost 8 years now... I doubt they'll call me.
Cook UCAbears

Postby jonesthecurl on Thu Oct 08, 2015 10:25 am

Well, who they gonna call?
instagram.com/garethjohnjoneswrites
Sergeant 1st Class jonesthecurl

Postby UCAbears on Thu Oct 08, 2015 10:35 am

Let me guess.... Is it.. Is it the Ghostbusters...?
Cook UCAbears

Postby pancakemix on Thu Oct 08, 2015 3:34 pm

muy_thaiguy wrote:
pancakemix wrote:

I'll just show up in a t-shirt, shorts, hat, and jacket while everyone else is in dress clothes.

I honestly don't know that that would be a deterrent.

jonesthecurl wrote:How often do people get called for jury duty here? It's happened to me 3 times, though I didn't go cos each time I explained I'm not a citizen.

Depends. Some people never get called, while others get called a bunch. I don't think my mother's ever been called, but my dad's been called I think 3 times.

I've been called once, but I got removed from the eligible list for 3 years because I was a student. If you've been called in different localities, I can see why they might call you more than once but otherwise that's really strange.
Epic Win

"Always tell the truth. It's the easiest thing to remember." - Richard Roma, Glengarry Glen Ross

aage wrote:Never trust CYOC or pancake.
Corporal 1st Class pancakemix

Postby muy_thaiguy on Thu Oct 08, 2015 5:56 pm

pancakemix wrote:
muy_thaiguy wrote:
pancakemix wrote:

Well, I could go;
"Dey iz guilty already! Dey needs teh go teh prizin! And dey needs teh drop teh soaps!"

jonesthecurl wrote:How often do people get called for jury duty here? It's happened to me 3 times, though I didn't go cos each time I explained I'm not a citizen.

3rd time for me. First time was bad because it was in the middle of the school year and I was also the main help for my mother who has MS. Sent a letter to the judge who excused me. The 2nd time was earlier this year and was just after my 2nd ankle surgery. Whoever put my name in the hat to be drawn (or however it's done) fucked up and didn't read the paper where I had written that I was having ankle surgery. Got excused from it then. This time though, yeah. Let's hope they pick other people.
"Eh, whatever."
-Anonymous

Postby TA1LGUNN3R on Thu Oct 08, 2015 6:03 pm

muy_thaiguy wrote:
pancakemix wrote:
muy_thaiguy wrote:
pancakemix wrote:

Well, I could go;
"Dey iz guilty already! Dey needs teh go teh prizin! And dey needs teh drop teh soaps!"

3rd time for me. First time was bad because it was in the middle of the school year and I was also the main help for my mother who has MS. Sent a letter to the judge who excused me. The 2nd time was earlier this year and was just after my 2nd ankle surgery. Whoever put my name in the hat to be drawn (or however it's done) fucked up and didn't read the paper where I had written that I was having ankle surgery. Got excused from it then. This time though, yeah. Let's hope they pick other people.

Just don't go. It's pretty much impossible to get fined. If you get called, just say you didn't receive any summons. They have to prove you did receive them. My dad's wife hasn't gone the last two times and nothing happened.

-TG
Sergeant 1st Class TA1LGUNN3R

Postby Dukasaur on Thu Oct 08, 2015 6:56 pm

Absolutely disgusting that people would have a right as precious as trial by jury and treat it with so little respect.

The 90% of the world that doesn't enjoy this privilege would switch places with you in a heartbeat, and instead of cherishing and treasuring this precious gift you treat it as some kind of nuisance that will distract you from your pursuit of shallow materialistic claptrap.

It's no wonder your country is spinning downward ever faster into a dictatorship. The tiniest little inconvenience to preserve one of the great pillars of a free society makes you turn your back on it. Truly disgusting.
ā€œā€ŽLife is a shipwreck, but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats.ā€
ā€• Voltaire
Captain Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby muy_thaiguy on Thu Oct 08, 2015 7:10 pm

Dukasaur wrote:Absolutely disgusting that people would have a right as precious as trial by jury and treat it with so little respect.

The 90% of the world that doesn't enjoy this privilege would switch places with you in a heartbeat, and instead of cherishing and treasuring this precious gift you treat it as some kind of nuisance that will distract you from your pursuit of shallow materialistic claptrap.

It's no wonder your country is spinning downward ever faster into a dictatorship. The tiniest little inconvenience to preserve one of the great pillars of a free society makes you turn your back on it. Truly disgusting.

With all this shit I have had to and am still dealing with, another thing like this is the last thing I need and want right now. I made a clear list.
"Eh, whatever."
-Anonymous

Postby Dukasaur on Thu Oct 08, 2015 7:16 pm

muy_thaiguy wrote:
Dukasaur wrote:Absolutely disgusting that people would have a right as precious as trial by jury and treat it with so little respect.

With all this shit I have had to and am still dealing with, another thing like this is the last thing I need and want right now. I made a clear list.

Ah, sorry.

My apologies. I didn't remember your list, but yeah, you've got a lot on your plate.
ā€œā€ŽLife is a shipwreck, but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats.ā€
ā€• Voltaire
Captain Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby TA1LGUNN3R on Thu Oct 08, 2015 10:22 pm

Right versus mandate. If you wanna join the army, go for it, more power to you. A draft is unconscionable.

Also, right to protest. The justice system is a farce, I don't hold with its application of "justice," therefore I do not participate.

-TG
Sergeant 1st Class TA1LGUNN3R

Postby targetman377 on Fri Oct 09, 2015 7:43 pm

wow this thread got heated.. last time that happened was when we hid all the bananas form andy

IN OTHER NEWS!!! I GOT A NEW JOB!!! NO MORE VIVINT!!!! GOODBYE SEE YOU LATER!!!!!
VOTE AUTO/TARGET in 12
Sergeant targetman377

Postby muy_thaiguy on Fri Oct 09, 2015 7:56 pm

targetman377 wrote:wow this thread got heated.. last time that happened was when we hid all the bananas form andy

IN OTHER NEWS!!! I GOT A NEW JOB!!! NO MORE VIVINT!!!! GOODBYE SEE YOU LATER!!!!!

So, you're selling your "banana" to earn money for bananas?
"Eh, whatever."
-Anonymous

Postby strike wolf on Sat Oct 10, 2015 6:34 pm

Fire richt. That game was horribly miscoached in the last 4 minutes. Reggie Davis will have to pull a disappearing act on campus for a while.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Strike wolf need brain for smart making.
Cadet strike wolf

Postby muy_thaiguy on Sat Oct 10, 2015 7:39 pm

If you want to see Bobo's job as a HC so far, you can watch him on CBS Sports. Going up against BSU right now.
"Eh, whatever."
-Anonymous

Postby targetman377 on Sun Oct 11, 2015 9:06 pm

muy_thaiguy wrote:
targetman377 wrote:wow this thread got heated.. last time that happened was when we hid all the bananas form andy

nope going to work at an insurance company... now that i think of it... i only work for types of companies that people seem to hate.
VOTE AUTO/TARGET in 12
Sergeant targetman377

Postby AndyDufresne on Mon Oct 12, 2015 2:30 pm

targetman377 wrote:
muy_thaiguy wrote:

nope going to work at an insurance company... now that i think of it... i only work for types of companies that people seem to hate.

**Munches on a banana**

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby targetman377 on Mon Oct 12, 2015 4:55 pm

AndyDufresne wrote:
targetman377 wrote:
muy_thaiguy wrote:

**Munches on a banana**

--Andy

:lol: :lol:
VOTE AUTO/TARGET in 12
Sergeant targetman377

Postby muy_thaiguy on Tue Oct 13, 2015 11:22 am

Well, I was just excused from jury duty. The charges were possession and intent to sell meth. For once, my deceased drug dealing and making cousin was useful. He had made and sold meth, stole from my family, bullied me when I was only a little kid, and scared the crap out of my great-great aunts (they never wanted to be alone with him and always wanted another family member or friend around when he stopped by) when they were still alive. Funny thing is, the judge who is presiding over the case I was called in for was the same judge who sat in on my cousin's trial. So he knew who and what I was talking about.

Some drugs, if properly controlled and what not, fine. Drugs like meth? Yeah, I'm pretty biased. I admit that. And I have every reason to be.
"Eh, whatever."
-Anonymous

Postby targetman377 on Tue Oct 13, 2015 9:11 pm

muy_thaiguy wrote:Well, I was just excused from jury duty. The charges were possession and intent to sell meth. For once, my deceased drug dealing and making cousin was useful. He had made and sold meth, stole from my family, bullied me when I was only a little kid, and scared the crap out of my great-great aunts (they never wanted to be alone with him and always wanted another family member or friend around when he stopped by) when they were still alive. Funny thing is, the judge who is presiding over the case I was called in for was the same judge who sat in on my cousin's trial. So he knew who and what I was talking about.

Some drugs, if properly controlled and what not, fine. Drugs like meth? Yeah, I'm pretty biased. I admit that. And I have every reason to be.

i hear you on that.
VOTE AUTO/TARGET in 12
Sergeant targetman377

Postby Quirk on Wed Oct 14, 2015 7:01 pm

BPotW

Image Image

-Yellowman
Major Quirk

PreviousNext

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,