Conquer Club

Poll on Racism

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Is it just as racist to SUPPORT someone based on race; as it is to OPPOSE someone based on race

 
Total votes : 0

Re: Poll on Racism

Postby PLAYER57832 on Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:04 pm

Phatscotty wrote:Baron, it's not silly at all. I have collections of clips, tons of evidence.

It's like this. The democratic party is the perceived champion of minorities, right? Anything that goes against liberal policy can and has many times ended up with charges of racism.

Back up a bit. Conservativism and racism have tended to go together, historically. The standard definition of "conservative" is "supporting the status quo". Since white males were, up until very recently, "in charge", those who had racist motives tended to support conservative political causes. Also, people who are racist are often members of what many call "fundamentalist" churches, which tend to support conservative social causes. Those socially conservative have tended to side with the political conservatives.

So, yes, racists are more often conservative. BUT, that doesn't mean conservatives are all racist. Nor does it mean that a definition of racism is "anything non liberal". That kind of statement, however, is something a racist might claim, to draw attention away from his racism, to try and justify it as something else. Does that fit you? I cannot say. Only you know that for sure.

Phatscotty wrote:Jesse Jackson, just to site one example, said "You can not call yourself black and be against the healthcare bill" Thereby implying it's for the blacks, and any white who stand against it are racist. Sharpton and others have echoed this claim many times many different ways.

Jesse Jackson is an idiot, not a spokesperson for the Democratic party, no matter what he might wish to be. And yes, he is definitely racist.
Corporal PLAYER57832
 
Posts: 3085
Joined: Fri Sep 21, 2007 9:17 am
Location: Pennsylvania
Medals: 31
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (4) Ratings Achievement (4)
General Achievement (1) Training Achievement (1)

Re: Phatscotty Poll on Racism

Postby Lootifer on Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:09 pm

Phatscotty wrote:
what about choosing someone based solely on the color of their skin? as the poll specifically asks...

You're purposely ignoring common sense and extrapolating what it means to be racist. Obviously you're arguing a point you can't lose (because it's cyclic) so I'm not going to play along.

Be pragmatic and I might.

edit: Sorry I should clarify: My definition of racist is applying a negative prejudice against someone based on race.
Last edited by Lootifer on Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Lieutenant Lootifer
 
Posts: 1042
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2009 7:30 pm
Location: Competing
Medals: 15
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (1) General Contribution (1)

Re: Poll on Racism

Postby Phatscotty on Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:10 pm

History clearly, undisputedly records that democrat's are the party of racism.
User avatar
Major Phatscotty
SoC Training Adviser
 
Posts: 3714
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2007 5:50 pm
Medals: 102
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (3) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (6)
General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (10) Training Achievement (11) Challenge Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (16)
General Contribution (2)

Re: Poll on Racism

Postby notyou2 on Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:18 pm

Wow, just wow.
Image
User avatar
Captain notyou2
 
Posts: 6425
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2009 10:09 am
Location: In the here and now
Medals: 58
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2)
Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (3)
General Achievement (4) Clan Achievement (16) Training Achievement (1)

Re: Poll on Racism

Postby PLAYER57832 on Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:18 pm

Gillipig wrote: As much as I appreciate that you read my sources carefully you must've missed the underlying red thread, that even with the environmental aspect taken into account it doesn't compensate for the entire difference in IQ between races!!

Actually, he misread nothing, but you apparently have.


Gillipig wrote:That's what these studies show and I think the east asian vs caucasian is a brilliant example to demonstrate just that. If environment was the only variable when it comes to IQ in humans, east asians would've scored lower on IQ tests than caucasians! (unless you argue that the average chinese has a more IQ stimulating environment than we do lol) They score higher on IQ tests that were made by and for westerner's than we do ourselves despite everything! The total IQ difference between east asians and africans can't in a million years be explained without talking genetics! My question was if you can say something racist (a.k.a one race superior to another) and be right but I think I've already answered that question! The real question however should be; can society ever accept that there are differences between races?

You are confusing some different issues. Nobody says that environment is the "only variable". Genetics, etc absolutely play a part. The question is whether race is one of those genetic traits tied to intelligence. It is not. As for the "Asians do better on IQ tests". It is not really as true as you seem to imply. To the extent it is, it is due to upbringing. BUT, you have to remember that IQ is only a very specific measure of a particular kind of intelligence. Original tests were very heavily biased toward professional white men. They BEGAN with the idea that white men were superior and basically looked for qualities these "great men" shared to use as measures for others. When your basis for judgement is white men, then naturally white men do better. Newer tests have evolved and are more legitimate tests of ones' ability to assess and cognify issues, data, etc.

What the tests you refer to really show is that some cultures value different things. It so happens that many Asian cultures innately value a type of learning and memorization that can be translated as IQ. Basically, the culture brings up good test takers. Does that mean that other cultures are inferior or even in some abstract way "less intelligent" No. In fact, it is more a failing of the testing methodology. You see in modern Asian cultures a lot of criticism regarding lack of creativity (do not confuse this with art... I mean the ability to see things differently, find new solutions to things and so forth), etc. cultures change and evolve. More asian societies are now embracing what is often called "creativity", as well as sports, etc.
Corporal PLAYER57832
 
Posts: 3085
Joined: Fri Sep 21, 2007 9:17 am
Location: Pennsylvania
Medals: 31
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (4) Ratings Achievement (4)
General Achievement (1) Training Achievement (1)

Re: Poll on Racism

Postby PLAYER57832 on Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:19 pm

Phatscotty wrote:History clearly, undisputedly records that democrat's are the party of racism.

If you make that "were", you are correct. The KKK was largely a Democratic organization after the civil war.
Now, it is most definitely not.. but then, neither is the Republican party.
Corporal PLAYER57832
 
Posts: 3085
Joined: Fri Sep 21, 2007 9:17 am
Location: Pennsylvania
Medals: 31
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (4) Ratings Achievement (4)
General Achievement (1) Training Achievement (1)

Re: Phatscotty Poll on Racism

Postby PLAYER57832 on Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:21 pm

Lootifer wrote:edit: Sorry I should clarify: My definition of racist is applying a negative prejudice against someone based on race.

This is a trap. See, what you consider "positive" prejudice can be just as harmful as obviously negative stereotypes.

Classic examples: They are better basketball players"
They are good at business
They do best in math

etc.
We need to judge people as individuals, and who they choose to be, not some outward label that they cannot control.
Corporal PLAYER57832
 
Posts: 3085
Joined: Fri Sep 21, 2007 9:17 am
Location: Pennsylvania
Medals: 31
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (4) Ratings Achievement (4)
General Achievement (1) Training Achievement (1)

Re: Poll on Racism

Postby Phatscotty on Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:24 pm

PLAYER57832 wrote:
Phatscotty wrote:History clearly, undisputedly records that democrat's are the party of racism.

If you make that "were", you are correct. The KKK was largely a Democratic organization after the civil war.
Now, it is most definitely not.. but then, neither is the Republican party.


yeah, but the only evidence to have to point to is that "democrats always say they are racist" despite piles of evidence on the contrary. There are much more difficult myths you could try to pump because this one only flies for people who don't have a brain or actually need to believe the democrats aren't racist. that's why they get away with everything and republicans are held to a higher standard. thats all
User avatar
Major Phatscotty
SoC Training Adviser
 
Posts: 3714
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2007 5:50 pm
Medals: 102
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (3) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (6)
General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (10) Training Achievement (11) Challenge Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (16)
General Contribution (2)

Re: Poll on Racism

Postby PLAYER57832 on Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:28 pm

Phatscotty wrote:
PLAYER57832 wrote:
Phatscotty wrote:History clearly, undisputedly records that democrat's are the party of racism.

If you make that "were", you are correct. The KKK was largely a Democratic organization after the civil war.
Now, it is most definitely not.. but then, neither is the Republican party.


yeah, but the only evidence to have to point to is that "democrats always say they are racist" despite piles of evidence on the contrary. There are much more difficult myths you could try to pump because this one only flies for people who don't have a brain or actually need to believe the democrats aren't racist. that's why they get away with everything and republicans are held to a higher standard. thats all

Try posting when you are not drunk next time.
Corporal PLAYER57832
 
Posts: 3085
Joined: Fri Sep 21, 2007 9:17 am
Location: Pennsylvania
Medals: 31
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (4) Ratings Achievement (4)
General Achievement (1) Training Achievement (1)

Re: Poll on Racism

Postby notyou2 on Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:28 pm

Phatscotty wrote:
PLAYER57832 wrote:
Phatscotty wrote:History clearly, undisputedly records that democrat's are the party of racism.

If you make that "were", you are correct. The KKK was largely a Democratic organization after the civil war.
Now, it is most definitely not.. but then, neither is the Republican party.


yeah, but the only evidence to have to point to is that "democrats always say they are racist" despite piles of evidence on the contrary. There are much more difficult myths you could try to pump because this one only flies for people who don't have a brain or actually need to believe the democrats aren't racist. that's why they get away with everything and republicans are held to a higher standard. thats all



You amaze me. I never know what to expect to spew from your mouth. It's astounding what comes out.
Image
User avatar
Captain notyou2
 
Posts: 6425
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2009 10:09 am
Location: In the here and now
Medals: 58
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2)
Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (3)
General Achievement (4) Clan Achievement (16) Training Achievement (1)

Re: Poll on Racism

Postby Phatscotty on Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:33 pm

notyou2 wrote:
Phatscotty wrote:
PLAYER57832 wrote:
Phatscotty wrote:History clearly, undisputedly records that democrat's are the party of racism.

If you make that "were", you are correct. The KKK was largely a Democratic organization after the civil war.
Now, it is most definitely not.. but then, neither is the Republican party.


yeah, but the only evidence to have to point to is that "democrats always say they are racist" despite piles of evidence on the contrary. There are much more difficult myths you could try to pump because this one only flies for people who don't have a brain or actually need to believe the democrats aren't racist. that's why they get away with everything and republicans are held to a higher standard. thats all



You amaze me. I never know what to expect to spew from your mouth. It's astounding what comes out.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3ctO7fdrcc What do you call this?
User avatar
Major Phatscotty
SoC Training Adviser
 
Posts: 3714
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2007 5:50 pm
Medals: 102
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (3) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (6)
General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (10) Training Achievement (11) Challenge Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (16)
General Contribution (2)


Re: Poll on Racism

Postby notyou2 on Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:48 pm

I call it a set up.
Image
User avatar
Captain notyou2
 
Posts: 6425
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2009 10:09 am
Location: In the here and now
Medals: 58
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2)
Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (3)
General Achievement (4) Clan Achievement (16) Training Achievement (1)

Re: Poll on Racism

Postby Phatscotty on Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:56 pm

"Put Clarence Thomas back in the fields" That is thee most racist thing I have ever heard. so are some of the other things in that clip, and it's all from the same progressive rally.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJE5MqesHlw how about this one, at 1:50? A couple of union protesters in WI...This is the ugliest I have seen in my life.
User avatar
Major Phatscotty
SoC Training Adviser
 
Posts: 3714
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2007 5:50 pm
Medals: 102
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (3) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (6)
General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (10) Training Achievement (11) Challenge Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (16)
General Contribution (2)

Re: Phatscotty Poll on Racism

Postby Lootifer on Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:57 pm

PLAYER57832 wrote:
Lootifer wrote:edit: Sorry I should clarify: My definition of racist is applying a negative prejudice against someone based on race.

This is a trap. See, what you consider "positive" prejudice can be just as harmful as obviously negative stereotypes.

Classic examples: They are better basketball players"
They are good at business
They do best in math

etc.
We need to judge people as individuals, and who they choose to be, not some outward label that they cannot control.

Sorry if you are repeating arguments that have already taken place, I just don't think it's worth the effort to read the entire thread (since we all know internet arguments are serious business).

I don't see how those kind of prejudice can be harmful as long as you remove any ties with associated flipside negative prejudice.

(modifying your first example because I know much more about athletics than BB)

- Black people are faster runners.

Now even ignoring the science around fast-twitch fibres, and just looking at the stats, even then you face overwhelming data showing Black people to, on average, run faster than their white counterparts. Now there is more than enough statistical evidence to make this claim with some pretty accurate alpha values.

The law of averages exists for a reason, it's a well proven law (as well as being common sense). Therefore extending the law you could make a reasonable estimate on a population containing mixed races that the black members in the population are more likely to be faster than the white people.

A real life example would be an athletics scouting organisation putting an emphasis on checking out schools where the populations are predominantly Black.

Now is this racist in itself? No. It's rational behaviour. Racism is an irrational trait.

Could it be racist under some circumstances? Yes. If the scouting organisation refused to scout "white" schools because they claim Black people are faster then they are being racist. But they are also acting under false pretences. They are not avoiding predominantly white schools because they believe Black people are faster, they are avoiding them because they believe white people to be slower, which, while it may seem like the same thing, it isn't because one is a positive and one is a negative.

e.g.
- I can be consistent and say Black people run fast, and then accept a white person into my sprint team (I never said white people can't be fast too)
- I am being inconsistant when I say White people run slow, and then accept a white person into my sprint team

Subtle but important difference. And any percieved racism always has its roots in the negative, not the positive.
User avatar
Lieutenant Lootifer
 
Posts: 1042
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2009 7:30 pm
Location: Competing
Medals: 15
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (1) General Contribution (1)

Re: Poll on Racism

Postby Phatscotty on Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:04 pm

Player, let me ask you this. All those uber pro-life republicans, who think that every baby that is aborted deserves to live, how does your "republicans are racist" stack up when it's a fact that 60% of abortions come from single black mothers, and black are less than 20% of our population. In fact republicans are the only ones supporting all those babies, and the democrats who are for them being aborted.

Your myth is busted on so many levels
User avatar
Major Phatscotty
SoC Training Adviser
 
Posts: 3714
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2007 5:50 pm
Medals: 102
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (3) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (6)
General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (10) Training Achievement (11) Challenge Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (16)
General Contribution (2)

Re: Poll on Racism

Postby Aradhus on Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:10 pm

Phatscotty wrote:"Put Clarence Thomas back in the fields" That is thee most racist thing I have ever heard. so are some of the other things in that clip, and it's all from the same progressive rally.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJE5MqesHlw how about this one, at 1:50? A couple of union protesters in WI...This is the ugliest I have seen in my life.


That's the most racist thing you've ever heard? f*ck right off.

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/s ... google.com
User avatar
Major Aradhus
 
Posts: 568
Joined: Tue Nov 14, 2006 11:14 pm
Location: Commie Central
Medals: 47
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3)
Tournament Achievement (2) General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (10)

Re: Poll on Racism

Postby Phatscotty on Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:41 pm

Aradhus wrote:
Phatscotty wrote:"Put Clarence Thomas back in the fields" That is thee most racist thing I have ever heard. so are some of the other things in that clip, and it's all from the same progressive rally.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJE5MqesHlw how about this one, at 1:50? A couple of union protesters in WI...This is the ugliest I have seen in my life.


That's the most racist thing you've ever heard? f*ck right off.

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/s ... google.com


and what is you showing me something worse supposed to mean?
User avatar
Major Phatscotty
SoC Training Adviser
 
Posts: 3714
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2007 5:50 pm
Medals: 102
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (3) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (6)
General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (10) Training Achievement (11) Challenge Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (16)
General Contribution (2)

Re: Poll on Racism

Postby Aradhus on Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:10 am

Phatscotty wrote:
Aradhus wrote:
Phatscotty wrote:"Put Clarence Thomas back in the fields" That is thee most racist thing I have ever heard. so are some of the other things in that clip, and it's all from the same progressive rally.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJE5MqesHlw how about this one, at 1:50? A couple of union protesters in WI...This is the ugliest I have seen in my life.


That's the most racist thing you've ever heard? f*ck right off.

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/s ... google.com


and what is you showing me something worse supposed to mean?



That you saying "that's the most racist thing I have ever heard" was retarded.

I was not, in any way, comparing racists and saying your bunch of racists are worse (they are), but I couldn't give a shit, really, about racists. People with power who exploit those prejudices for personal gain, I do give a shit about, and from my experience, the guys on your side of the crazy do that way more.
User avatar
Major Aradhus
 
Posts: 568
Joined: Tue Nov 14, 2006 11:14 pm
Location: Commie Central
Medals: 47
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3)
Tournament Achievement (2) General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (10)

Re: Poll on Racism

Postby BigBallinStalin on Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:17 pm

Gillipig wrote:
BigBallinStalin wrote:Let me show you where you're wrong:

One's environment still plays a large role in determining one's IQ. I've yet to stumble upon any research that states what proportion of environmental factors and what proportion of genetic background determine one's IQ. In your second link, Charles Murry himself can't even answer that.

The first link you mention (Rushton, J. P., & Jensen, A. R, 2005, "Thirty years of research on race differences in cognitive ability") is actually riddled with errors. In the exact same June 2005 issue of Psychology, Public Policy and Law, if you even bothered to actually read it, you would have noticed an article titled "Heredity, environment, and race differences in IQ: A commentary on Rushton and Jensen (2005)."

It's a lovely lambasting of what went wrong in their research, so you should read it to further counterbalance your misled views. (Did you even read the original PDF "Thirty years of research on race differences in cognitive ability", or did you just read some guy's summary?)

http://www.udel.edu/educ/gottfredson/30years/Nisbett-commentary-on-30years.pdf


http://www.udel.edu/educ/gottfredson/30years/ (for all the PDFs and not some crummy summary written by god knows who on medical-news.net).


However, people have to be careful when they conduct such research because they might be labeled as racist. It depends on what they conclude, how they were led to their conclusions, and of course on people's perceptions (which can easily be led astray).

As much as I appreciate that you read my sources carefully you must've missed the underlying red thread, that even with the environmental aspect taken into account it doesn't compensate for the entire difference in IQ between races!! That's what these studies show and I think the east asian vs caucasian is a brilliant example to demonstrate just that. If environment was the only variable when it comes to IQ in humans, east asians would've scored lower on IQ tests than caucasians! (unless you argue that the average chinese has a more IQ stimulating environment than we do lol) They score higher on IQ tests that were made by and for westerner's than we do ourselves despite everything! The total IQ difference between east asians and africans can't in a million years be explained without talking genetics! My question was if you can say something racist (a.k.a one race superior to another) and be right but I think I've already answered that question! The real question however should be; can society ever accept that there are differences between races?


In other words, you didn't read PDFs that criticize the erroneous conclusions of what you're regurgitating.

It was pleasant conversing with a bigot. Please don't let anyone ruin your demented view of the world. We need people like you to laugh at occasionally, and then move on.
User avatar
Major BigBallinStalin
 
Posts: 5151
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:23 pm
Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham
Medals: 48
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Achievement (5) General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (10)

Re: Poll on Racism

Postby BigBallinStalin on Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:18 pm

Did we just get trolled by Gillipig or is he for real?
User avatar
Major BigBallinStalin
 
Posts: 5151
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:23 pm
Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham
Medals: 48
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Achievement (5) General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (10)

Re: Poll on Racism

Postby notyou2 on Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:51 pm

I usually find Swedes very tolerant people, so yes, it may have been sport.
Image
User avatar
Captain notyou2
 
Posts: 6425
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2009 10:09 am
Location: In the here and now
Medals: 58
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2)
Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (3)
General Achievement (4) Clan Achievement (16) Training Achievement (1)

Re: Poll on Racism

Postby Phatscotty on Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:56 pm

Aradhus wrote:
Phatscotty wrote:
Aradhus wrote:
Phatscotty wrote:"Put Clarence Thomas back in the fields" That is thee most racist thing I have ever heard. so are some of the other things in that clip, and it's all from the same progressive rally.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJE5MqesHlw how about this one, at 1:50? A couple of union protesters in WI...This is the ugliest I have seen in my life.


That's the most racist thing you've ever heard? f*ck right off.

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/s ... google.com


and what is you showing me something worse supposed to mean?



That you saying "that's the most racist thing I have ever heard" was retarded.

I was not, in any way, comparing racists and saying your bunch of racists are worse (they are), but I couldn't give a shit, really, about racists. People with power who exploit those prejudices for personal gain, I do give a shit about, and from my experience, the guys on your side of the crazy do that way more.


Dude, cmon man, I grew up in America. I am sorry that I have barely ever heard racist stuff before.
User avatar
Major Phatscotty
SoC Training Adviser
 
Posts: 3714
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2007 5:50 pm
Medals: 102
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (3) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (6)
General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (10) Training Achievement (11) Challenge Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (16)
General Contribution (2)

Re: Poll on Racism

Postby Aradhus on Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:25 pm

Phatscotty wrote:
Dude, cmon man, I grew up



Fucking liar. My friend, I'll say it clear, I'll state my case, of which I'm certain. I've lived a life that's full, I've travelled each and every high way, and more, much more than this, I think you're likely gay.
User avatar
Major Aradhus
 
Posts: 568
Joined: Tue Nov 14, 2006 11:14 pm
Location: Commie Central
Medals: 47
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3)
Tournament Achievement (2) General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (10)

Re: Poll on Racism

Postby Phatscotty on Sun Mar 06, 2011 3:10 pm

Aradhus wrote:
Phatscotty wrote:
Dude, cmon man, I grew up



Fucking liar. My friend, I'll say it clear, I'll state my case, of which I'm certain. I've lived a life that's full, I've travelled each and every high way, and more, much more than this, I think you're likely gay.


Is that a threat?
User avatar
Major Phatscotty
SoC Training Adviser
 
Posts: 3714
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2007 5:50 pm
Medals: 102
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (3) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (6)
General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (10) Training Achievement (11) Challenge Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (16)
General Contribution (2)

PreviousNext

Return to A Place for People to Practice How to Love

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: jonesthecurl