Conquer Club

TD news, Auto Tournament Era & Tribes

Where dead threads are laid to rest - No new topics, no new posts allowed

Moderator: Tournament Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

TD news, Auto Tournament Era & Tribes

Postby Mad777 on Fri Jun 02, 2017 10:33 am

Hi fellow members,

I wanted to take some time to inform you all about the recent changes and what to expect from TD Group (Tournament Directors).
I spent several months sorting stuff out after I took over from this department and tried to lean and improve the tournament scene with TD Group assistance, for long time I was assuming all the task, from creating Tournament into the database up to awarding medals after completion. On top of that I launched the Madness in Rio event that involve a tremendous amount of my time in this site.
After things saddle down and kind of reached a "normal pace" I was able to start recruiting volunteers who were instructed/teached to pertain this kind of assistance I wanted to offer to both, players & Tournament Organizers (TO), with this being said I revised the Task List accordingly.

Now that I found myself available to jump and "learn" into the Auto-Tournament (AT) tool, I launched the monthly AT for you all and first one was back in February. This add'on will not be perfect right away since I believe there is improvement that can be made but I have to rely on admin group to help make some changes if all possible, some of you may have already experienced "issue" that we are facing with it since this tool is kind of working by itself with almost zero human interaction after it start, but that doesn't mean we can't resolve little hurdle though, communication is key there! I found with it that there is much more we can do as far providing great excperience using & playing with AT, just be patient 8-)
We are experimenting many aspect and try to be also "open mind" using various game type & setting allowing everyone to found their fit into one of those AT, so feel free to write/post ideas about what you would like to see out there and we will try to make it happen, I can ensure you that you will start to see more new stuff out there as long as I get support from my group and admin, BUT keep in mind the intent is not to replace the Community Tournament (CT) side of this site at all!

I will need all your support and all your creativity instinct to still helping the site seeing new tournament setup with cool thema and/or basic bracket event, no matter what you want to create, I will support, however we have to remind ourself about the actual member connection activity that is low and subsequently tournament takes longer to fill, but we have to be mindful to stay within the "rule", if you saw your tournament didn't get significant sign'in then don't wait the 30th day to react, I would suggest after 15 days you monitor what you have and try to make some "callout", many player aren't reading this tournament section often and may need a "kicker" to found at about what is going on.
For recall, all Auto Tournament open can be found here

Another point I wanted to bring is the actual amount of available & ongoing tournaments, yes it's really low...but keep in mind that we have used all our effort to get several tournaments that were stalling for months and loosing interest to go back on track and with the help of my group we took over several of those, rescuing what we could to move forward, with this it helped some to move back on track, now the number shows roughly 100 unit ongoing, but 30+ are from me and Madness in Rio, so 70 seems to be the actual number that we need to retain (I monitored this mark since few months now and it kind of stabilize to it), I know in the past was several pages of tournament open for sign'in and even more pages in the ongoing section, but again with the current site activity I don't see those numbers going back to this level until we have more player interest on organizing tournament.
I want also to make sure that everyone to be welcome to create something out there, disregarding if you are a new or experimented member with tournament organization, you will still have your voice heard.

Next subject matter I would like to add is about "Tribes", some of you heard that Tribes are now "attached" to my Tournament Group, I have TDs engaged to manage the new Era for Tribes, again I would like you all to be patient since we have to take into account more than one aspect to ensure we are providing accurate and smooth "transition", I have seen topics out there about member starting to recruit and form new Tribe, that is really exciting, we can only hope to have more going forward.
This section can be found here.
I can only hope it will add some fun and enjoyment to this site allowing more freedom for player to jump from the three distinct section (Clan, Tribes, Tournament) without any hurdle and any conflict.

On top of all that, me and my team are still available to answer any question you may have in regards of Tournament, Auto Tournament & Tribes.
I would like you to use this thread for serious critics and ideas about the subject mentionned into this message (Community Tournament, Auto Tournament), not for complaint about poor dices, or bad settings or bad map choices,
You will found below some reserved post that will compile inquiry, idea that member brings to us, i would like you to refrain using "private messaging" for this unless you have an issue you want to keep private.
".....Under Phucumol treatment....."
https://youtu.be/zlusWzDY4qw
Lieutenant Mad777

Auto-Tournament ideas bucket

Postby Mad777 on Fri Jun 02, 2017 11:45 am

List of ideas, wishes members would like to play with Auto Tournament:

Lieutenant Mad777

General Improvement with Tournaments

Postby Mad777 on Fri Jun 02, 2017 11:45 am

List of ideas members expressed about tournaments experience improvement:

(CT - Community Tournament / AT - Auto Tournament)

Lieutenant Mad777

Re: TD news, Auto Tournament Era & Tribes

Postby josko.ri on Sat Jun 03, 2017 12:40 am

Thankk you for all your time put into the site, I noticed many of improvements in the Tournament section recently.
Major josko.ri

Postby fairman on Sat Jun 03, 2017 4:35 am

Same here, thanks for your involvement

Nous étions là bien avant les targaryens !!
Brigadier fairman

Postby Thorthoth on Mon Jun 12, 2017 1:05 pm

Why can't all the tournaments just be listed like the ''automatic'' tournaments, regardless of who arranges them?
Corporal Thorthoth

Postby Mad777 on Mon Jun 12, 2017 1:35 pm

Thorthoth wrote:Why can't all the tournaments just be listed like the ''automatic'' tournaments, regardless of who arranges them?

Can you be more specific? Are you talking about the open tournament that are not ongoing and from here? (Left column)

If so it's because Community Tournament aren't using the Auto Tournament interface.
Lieutenant Mad777

Postby Thorthoth on Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:12 am

I guess that's it. It would be nice if all playable tournaments were set up like the automatic ones on the Tournament page. Just click and join.
Corporal Thorthoth

Return to Tournament Archives