Conquer Club

Tournament Ideas: Free to a Good Home

Where dead threads are laid to rest - No new topics, no new posts allowed

Moderator: Tournament Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Postby Hologram on Wed Feb 21, 2007 11:50 pm

I don't know if this is a common idea or not (seeing as I am a newcomer), and I'm sure as hell not going to skim through this entire sticky, but I would really like to see all the generals get together and do a tournament. No weird things, just plain classic risk. So, maybe it is a common call, but I am calling out Blitzaholic, Jork, eye84free, dugcarr1, and The Black Rose to battle it out and see who truly is the greatest.
Cook Hologram

Postby Qwert on Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:38 pm

WW2 tournament but you need WW2 maps. THese only my idea. :wink:
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Qwert on Fri Mar 02, 2007 2:30 pm

AK_Iceman why you dont have all ideas in 1 page like these in map foundry, people will know what ideas proposed some others, and will not propose same ideas several times.
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby AK_iceman on Fri Mar 02, 2007 3:28 pm

qwert wrote:AK_Iceman why you dont have all ideas in 1 page like these in map foundry, people will know what ideas proposed some others, and will not propose same ideas several times.

Because unlike maps, anyone can just make a tournament. It doesn't matter if 2 people host the same tournament separately.
Sergeant 1st Class AK_iceman

Postby Qwert on Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:09 pm

AK_Iceman wrote
I'm starting this thread as a place where people can trade ideas for tourneys. If you've got a good idea, but don't currently have the time/motivation/skills to pull it off right now, feel free to post it here for someone else to use if they want. If you see something here that you'd like to try working on, just drop a note to let everyone know.

You see its same like map foundry,people place ideas and these dont mine that will do these, and if you have list of ideas, thene people who want to juse some of these ideas he can take, just like you say.Its easy when he see all unused ideas in first page, instead to search all pages.
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Hitmanblood on Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:22 pm

qwert wrote:You see its same like map foundry,people place ideas and these dont mine that will do these, and if you have list of ideas, thene people who want to juse some of these ideas he can take, just like you say.Its easy when he see all unused ideas in first page, instead to search all pages.

Well thi actually might work if someone is ready to put in all the work needed in tourny but s/he doesnt have idea!!
207 Hitmanblood 2045 102 51 (50%)
Lieutenant Hitmanblood

Postby Qwert on Fri Mar 02, 2007 7:14 pm

i dont get it, AK_Iceman open these topic for ideas, but in last post he say that Because unlike maps, anyone can just make a tournament. It doesn't matter if 2 people host the same tournament separately. - why he open a topic if he think that who got idea he host the same tournament, then no need for these topic.
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby AK_iceman on Fri Mar 02, 2007 7:49 pm

qwert, obviously English is not your first language, making it very hard to understand you.
I realize what your saying now, and sure, it may help a little bit but I am too busy right now to make it. If you would like to see it up, you can make the list and PM it to me and I will edit it into the first post.
Sergeant 1st Class AK_iceman

Postby DiM on Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:31 pm

he's from serbia.. i think. :?

anyway. putting all the tournament ideas on the first page means a lot of work and i'm not sure it's wort it.
at the moment there are plenty of tournament and everyday new one pop up. it's not such a big deal to make a tournament. with map making is another thing. ideas are really important there.
ā€œIn the beginning God said, the four-dimensional divergence of an antisymmetric, second rank tensor equals zero, and there was light, and it was good. And on the seventh day he rested.ā€- Michio Kaku
Major DiM

Postby Hitmanblood on Sat Mar 03, 2007 6:03 am

DiM wrote:he's from serbia.. i think. :?

So what's wrong if he's from Serbia???? :evil: :x :evil:
Lieutenant Hitmanblood

tournement

Postby dragon dor on Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:42 am

we could do francophone vs english
continent vs continent ex usa vs asia europe vs sud amerique etc.. :wink:
Sergeant 1st Class dragon dor

Re: tournement

Postby Hitmanblood on Sat Mar 03, 2007 11:37 am

dragon dor wrote:we could do francophone vs english
continent vs continent ex usa vs asia europe vs sud amerique etc.. :wink:

Try to make it seems like great idea.
Lieutenant Hitmanblood

Postby johnnyrotten on Sun Mar 04, 2007 5:52 am

Just had an idea, dunno if it's been mentioned before; can't be arsed to look through. What if we did a UEFA Cup tourney, much like the Champions League one, except limit it to highest rank of lieutenant or something. Due to footballing and educational commitments I wouldn't be able to organize the whole thing, so if the idea got off the ground I would need someone to help out quite a bit.
Sergeant johnnyrotten

Postby Strider24 on Sun Mar 04, 2007 2:57 pm

Well i'm just trying to enter a tournie that has ppl around the same rank as me in it. The idea of a tournie with the highest rnk being a lieutenant sounds great and you could count me in. I might have only just joined but that sounds like a good idea it would be one tournie that i could play in.
Sergeant Strider24

Postby hecter on Wed Mar 14, 2007 2:27 pm

I was thinking about a mafia doubles tournament. You would have a set number of townies and mafia, just like in regular mafia. You would have a day phase and a night phase, just like in regular mafia. This is how it could work. Everybody would talk and converse just like in normal mafia, and they would end up choosing 2 people to be lynched. Once the two people are chosen, they aren't dead just yet. Instead, they are made into a team. After the people are chosen, the mafia would chose two people as their night choices. These two people would be made into a team. The two teams then fight each other, and the team that loses would be taken out of the game. The team that wins gets to fight another day. The rest would be just like normal mafia.
In heaven... Everything is fine, in heaven... Everything is fine, in heaven... Everything is fine... You got your things, and I've got mine.
Private 1st Class hecter

Postby Hitmanblood on Wed Mar 14, 2007 2:49 pm

hecter wrote:I was thinking about a mafia doubles tournament. You would have a set number of townies and mafia, just like in regular mafia. You would have a day phase and a night phase, just like in regular mafia. This is how it could work. Everybody would talk and converse just like in normal mafia, and they would end up choosing 2 people to be lynched. Once the two people are chosen, they aren't dead just yet. Instead, they are made into a team. After the people are chosen, the mafia would chose two people as their night choices. These two people would be made into a team. The two teams then fight each other, and the team that loses would be taken out of the game. The team that wins gets to fight another day. The rest would be just like normal mafia.

This seems to me like great idea. However you must remember that sound and human reflexes are great part in finding mobsters. So maybe you could make hints or riddles for the citizens to be able to solve problems easier.
Lieutenant Hitmanblood

Postby hecter on Wed Mar 14, 2007 2:54 pm

Hitmanblood wrote:This seems to me like great idea. However you must remember that sound and human reflexes are great part in finding mobsters. So maybe you could make hints or riddles for the citizens to be able to solve problems easier.

There are plenty of mafia games in the social lounge, so it could be done the same way they do it there.
In heaven... Everything is fine, in heaven... Everything is fine, in heaven... Everything is fine... You got your things, and I've got mine.
Private 1st Class hecter

Postby Hitmanblood on Wed Mar 14, 2007 3:06 pm

hecter wrote:There are plenty of mafia games in the social lounge, so it could be done the same way they do it there.

I am not really familiar can you explain it a bit.
Lieutenant Hitmanblood

Postby hecter on Wed Mar 14, 2007 3:09 pm

You decide who to lynch on what they say, and the mod may give a few hints or riddles like you said. If you don't know who do play mafia all together, Wikipedia has it in this link.
Private 1st Class hecter

Postby Hitmanblood on Wed Mar 14, 2007 3:22 pm

hecter wrote:You decide who to lynch on what they say, and the mod may give a few hints or riddles like you said. If you don't know who do play mafia all together, Wikipedia has it in this link.

I am familiar with the game though or shell I say with the one version of it. But i still assume hints are good. Also you could try to open topic I would like to play.
Lieutenant Hitmanblood

Postby hecter on Wed Mar 14, 2007 3:27 pm

The thing is that I don't want to organize it. That's why I posted it on this sticky. I was hoping somebody more experienced with moderating mafia games would do it.
Private 1st Class hecter

Postby Hitmanblood on Fri Mar 16, 2007 1:52 pm

Its bad because I ve notied that if person who has idea but doesnt oirganize tournament around that idea usually idea is then just lost. :)
Lieutenant Hitmanblood

Postby MarVal on Sat Mar 17, 2007 6:20 pm

johnnyrotten wrote:Just had an idea, dunno if it's been mentioned before; can't be arsed to look through. What if we did a UEFA Cup tourney, much like the Champions League one, except limit it to highest rank of lieutenant or something. Due to footballing and educational commitments I wouldn't be able to organize the whole thing, so if the idea got off the ground I would need someone to help out quite a bit.

This tournament is already there, only in this format everybody can join in:
the Union of European CC Football Cup (UECCF Cup) at http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=14414 with the rules and Format of the UEFA Cup.

Grtz
MarVal
Image highest score: 2157 (Major) / Verd ori'shya beskar'gam
ImageImage
Corporal MarVal

Postby Hitmanblood on Thu Mar 22, 2007 2:29 pm

MarVal wrote:
johnnyrotten wrote:Just had an idea, dunno if it's been mentioned before; can't be arsed to look through. What if we did a UEFA Cup tourney, much like the Champions League one, except limit it to highest rank of lieutenant or something. Due to footballing and educational commitments I wouldn't be able to organize the whole thing, so if the idea got off the ground I would need someone to help out quite a bit.

This tournament is already there, only in this format everybody can join in:
the Union of European CC Football Cup (UECCF Cup) at http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=14414 with the rules and Format of the UEFA Cup.

Grtz
MarVal

Well by the rules as iceman says if he wants to organize tourny he can eventhough it is on there already running.
Lieutenant Hitmanblood

Postby spinwizard on Sun Apr 01, 2007 4:22 pm

i have a very interesting idea for a tourny involving WW2 and teams/ commanders.

it would b a massive tourny with loads of players and the set up could b vary confusing.

i don't have the time 2 run this tourny by myself so if u r interested pm me and i will send u the full idea!
Private 1st Class spinwizard

PreviousNext

Return to Tournament Archives