Conquer Club

[AT] Conquer Map Marathon Cup - Completed

Tournaments Completed in 2018.

Moderator: Tournament Directors

Re: [AT] Conquer Map Marathon Cup - Round 17

Postby Mad777 on Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:02 pm

Silly Knig-it wrote:Please drop me from this tournament. The dice have made it totally not fun. Please remove me or just forfeit my games up front. I don't care about the points I just want out.

Updated to Eliminated, as well as Biddwin123 who is missing turns and got kicked out in a third of his last games in Round 17.
".....Under Phucumol treatment....."
https://youtu.be/zlusWzDY4qw
Lieutenant Mad777

Postby Mad777 on Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:05 pm

josko.ri wrote:
Silly Knig-it wrote:Please drop me from this tournament. The dice have made it totally not fun. Please remove me or just forfeit my games up front. I don't care about the points I just want out.

I am sorry you feel this way. Reason for that is because I will beat him 11-0 in our games where he got very unlucky several times.

This is my third legal 11-0 beat, earning me the GA medal and promoting me again to race for the top place in the tournament.

=D> Congrats, GA medal awarded.
Lieutenant Mad777

Postby Mad777 on Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:06 pm

....and 15 games remains ongoing before Round 18 to start.
Lieutenant Mad777

Postby josko.ri on Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:10 pm

Will this tournament have any special medals such as new Event Medals?

It was some discussion in the beginning that it might have if I recall correctly.
Major josko.ri

Postby Mad777 on Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:14 pm

josko.ri wrote:Will this tournament have any special medals such as new Event Medals?

It was some discussion in the beginning that it might have if I recall correctly.

No, this tournament is not part of a CC event, it may become recurrent (with adjusted settings) but not under event and wonā€™t qualify for the event medal.
Lieutenant Mad777

Postby Mad777 on Thu Mar 22, 2018 2:07 pm

Per their request, withdraws slats789 (upcoming long vacation) & Witt13 (real life changes).

68 athletes remaining, last 2 ongoing game before Round 18
Lieutenant Mad777

Re: [AT] Conquer Map Marathon Cup - Round 18

Postby Mad777 on Sat Apr 07, 2018 5:40 pm

Round 18 is ongoing...
Lieutenant Mad777

Postby agentcom on Sat Apr 14, 2018 3:47 pm

Congrats to josko on the medal. Looks like Fyrdaca (and probably grt) will take the top to spots in the standings this round though :p

But what I came here for was a question for Mad777 and anyone else who checks this:

Have there been any reports or experiences with crazy "lag" (though that's not the right word) after a game is completed? Anytime I win, I basically can't do anything on CC for several minutes. This last time it was even longer. I can't get any pages to load and if I've loaded a game in another page, I get the spinny circle thingy whenever I try to do anything. I've resorted to shutting down my browser and restarting it, but even that didn't seem to help this last time. Other web pages load just fine, and the one time I tried it, I was actually able to load CC on my phone normally while my PC's browser was nonresponsive.

Another weird thing that may or may not be related is that it looks like CC jumps to the postgame processing and doesn't actually clear out the enemy troops from the last territ on the map. I'm not sure whether this issue started at the same time, but it has been going on for quite a while as well. (Example: Game 18185385: MY1101 still has troops on Thailand)

I hope there's something that can be done because right now I have to leave a game that I'm almost done with until I've done everything else I need to do on CC or else risk having to walk away for a while. Knowing me, that's a surefire recipe for missed turns or some other self-inflicted damage :D
Colonel agentcom

Postby Mad777 on Sat Apr 14, 2018 4:00 pm

...Do not worry too much about it, I said not to worry about it because I experience the exact same scenario each round and since probably 5 to 7 rounds ago if I remember right. What's weird is that you just noticed it Round 18... :-s

The culprit is the Auto tournament engine interacting with CC site player data, amount of game and who knows what else....despite your opponent last territ still showing as "not taken" you still get the win counting in the tournament scoreboard (may take several minutes but it's refreshing when Auto Tournament feels to do it :D ) and you still receive the points from defeating your opponent

2018-04-14 16:08:23 - MY1101 lost 15 points
2018-04-14 16:08:23 - agentcom gained 15 points

The issue is tough to the point that you can't do anything else like you found that, I have brought this to webmaster and he did try few thing to "light up" this auto tournament data but not much improvement...
Lieutenant Mad777

Postby agentcom on Sat Apr 14, 2018 4:18 pm

Mad777 wrote:...Do not worry too much about it, I said not to worry about it because I experience the exact same scenario each round and since probably 5 to 7 rounds ago if I remember right. What's weird is that you just noticed it Round 18... :-s

The culprit is the Auto tournament engine interacting with CC site player data, amount of game and who knows what else....despite your opponent last territ still showing as "not taken" you still get the win counting in the tournament scoreboard (may take several minutes but it's refreshing when Auto Tournament feels to do it :D ) and you still receive the points from defeating your opponent

The issue is tough to the point that you can't do anything else like you found that, I have brought this to webmaster and he did try few thing to "light up" this auto tournament data but not much improvement...

I'm not too worried about it from CC's perspective. As I said, it looks like it only affects the interaction between the site and that particular computer or maybe even browser session. So I'm not thinking that this is interfering much with other players' experiences. What I am worried about is that it makes the site unusable for me until after it finishes doing whatever it's doing. During that time it completely stops me from doing anything. I can't load any games (even in a new window). For games that I have already loaded, I can't take any action no matter where I am in the turn (i.e. can't start turn, make attack, etc.).

I was hoping that somebody else had this experience because if it's only affecting me ... well, I just can't think of anything that could/should be happening that would cause that.
Colonel agentcom

Postby Mad777 on Sat Apr 14, 2018 4:23 pm

agentcom wrote:
Mad777 wrote:...Do not worry too much about it, I said not to worry about it because I experience the exact same scenario each round and since probably 5 to 7 rounds ago if I remember right. What's weird is that you just noticed it Round 18... :-s

I'm not too worried about it from CC's perspective. As I said, it looks like it only affects the interaction between the site and that particular computer or maybe even browser session. So I'm not thinking that this is interfering much with other players' experiences. What I am worried about is that it makes the site unusable for me until after it finishes doing whatever it's doing. During that time it completely stops me from doing anything. I can't load any games (even in a new window). For games that I have already loaded, I can't take any action no matter where I am in the turn (i.e. can't start turn, make attack, etc.).

I was hoping that somebody else had this experience because if it's only affecting me ... well, I just can't think of anything that could/should be happening that would cause that.

I confirm it's not only you ;) ...it sucks but I do not have the fix for it other than not creating auto tournament that have that many games, I also found the site lag again (or should I say....still)
Lieutenant Mad777

Postby agentcom on Sun Apr 15, 2018 2:27 pm

Okay thanks. So what things can/can't I do while it's processing? Is my account completely locked down until it completes? (Maybe I was wrong about being able to log in from a phone.) If it's not my account, then is it my browser session? (Maybe I could take those final turns in a different browser or on a different device.)

It's not like the whole site is shut down for several minutes each time one of those games completes, right?
Colonel agentcom

Postby Mad777 on Sun Apr 15, 2018 2:52 pm

agentcom wrote:Okay thanks. So what things can/can't I do while it's processing? Is my account completely locked down until it completes? (Maybe I was wrong about being able to log in from a phone.) If it's not my account, then is it my browser session? (Maybe I could take those final turns in a different browser or on a different device.)

It's not like the whole site is shut down for several minutes each time one of those games completes, right?

What I found when it happen to me is that I can't do anything with CC site itself, I can open another window and browsing but nothing with CC page, what I found usefull sometime is refreshing the browser button (not the CC map refresh button), like in Safari I use that arrow on the right side of the address bar - I think Chrome has it on the left side beside the address bar instead - Refreshing the browser sometime act as a sort "shortcut" to show the game win page and you can move on to the next game - refreshing takes only few seconds.
Lieutenant Mad777

Postby agentcom on Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:14 am

Sounds like we're having the same experience then. The refreshing trick used to work for me ... maybe it still does decrease the total amount of time waiting, but it definitely takes longer than a few seconds. Oh well. Thanks anyway.
Colonel agentcom

Postby MTIceman41 on Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:20 pm

I'm curious to the random generator used...I have 2x duplicate matches against players...1 was back to back.
Also by now the number of times going first vs second in games "should" level out. However I believe over 65% of the time I have gone second. I would like to request josko faces grt and Frydraca faces evetobl...this would satisfy the disparity ;)
Brigadier MTIceman41

Postby grt on Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:16 am

MTIceman41 wrote:I'm curious to the random generator used...I have 2x duplicate matches against players...1 was back to back.
Also by now the number of times going first vs second in games "should" level out. However I believe over 65% of the time I have gone second. I would like to request josko faces grt and Frydraca faces evetobl...this would satisfy the disparity ;)

Well the current top 2 have already faced each other - I played Fydraca a few rounds ago. I see a josko and MTIceman match would make things a little fairer :D
Captain grt

Postby MTIceman41 on Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:11 pm

grt wrote:
MTIceman41 wrote:I'm curious to the random generator used...I have 2x duplicate matches against players...1 was back to back.

Well the current top 2 have already faced each other - I played Fydraca a few rounds ago. I see a josko and MTIceman match would make things a little fairer :D

I dont want PETA coming after me for choking out a wolf :lol:
Brigadier MTIceman41

Re: [AT] Conquer Map Marathon Cup - Round 19

Postby Mad777 on Sun Apr 29, 2018 10:13 am

Round 19 has started, no valid 11-0 during Round 18.
Lieutenant Mad777

Postby evetobl13 on Wed May 02, 2018 2:38 pm

agentcom wrote:...I was hoping that somebody else had this experience because if it's only affecting me ... well, I just can't think of anything that could/should be happening that would cause that.

You're def not the only one. I was going to ask about it at one point but figured after so many rounds it was just something to put up with. I guess it's better than the alternative! (Losing)
Colonel evetobl13

Postby josko.ri on Mon May 07, 2018 1:46 pm

I won for 4th time legally 11-0 which promoted me to second place. grt, you are the next ;)
Major josko.ri

Postby grt on Sun May 13, 2018 5:12 pm

Fyrdraca wrote:Gonna be a fun battle to the finish for about 5 of us: myself, Josko, grt, MTIceman, and evetobl

And then there was 4 - looks like evetobl is out of the running now.
Captain grt

Postby Fyrdraca on Mon May 14, 2018 10:16 pm

Yep. Random games generator - please pair up our friends Josko.ri and MTIceman
Colonel Fyrdraca

Re: [AT] Conquer Map Marathon Cup - Round 20

Postby Mad777 on Thu May 24, 2018 12:48 pm

Round 20 is underway....4 players reached the 150 wins so far:

grt (157)
josko.ri (156)
Fyrdraca (154)
MTIceman41 (151)
evetobl13 (144)

3 rounds - 33 games to go ;)
Lieutenant Mad777

Re: [AT] Conquer Map Marathon Cup - Round 20

Postby Mad777 on Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:38 pm

Gawddog & dragon dor turned Freemium and got eliminated, 66 players remains for the last 2 rounds.

Round 21 start is imminent, good luck!
Lieutenant Mad777

Re: [AT] Conquer Map Marathon Cup - Round 21

Postby xroads on Tue Jun 19, 2018 11:21 am

Now that the tournament is winding down, it will take approx 16 months.

What does everyone think, run it again?
Major xroads

PreviousNext

Return to Completed 2018