Conquer Club

Super League - Season 11 ***COMPLETE, WINNER=ESQuire***

Tournaments Completed in 2023

Moderator: Tournament Directors

Re: Super League - Season 11 ***FULL JOIN SEASON12***

Postby Craig25 on Sun Jan 08, 2023 10:17 am

You cannot do that. Just continue like nothing has happened. Your input to the Super League is very entertaining and invaluable!

Still hope you get PUMPED though! :D

Clanlord Carl wrote:Deleted all my posts on this issue.
No desire to upset anyone or put off new players.
I'll just focus on playing the game.
Major Craig25

Postby Clanlord Carl on Sun Jan 08, 2023 10:18 am

Craig25 wrote:You cannot do that. Just continue like nothing has happened. Your input to the Super League is very entertaining and invaluable!

In your dreams.....
Colonel Clanlord Carl

Postby Craig25 on Sun Jan 08, 2023 10:20 am

LOL, that's the spirit!

Clanlord Carl wrote:
Craig25 wrote:You cannot do that. Just continue like nothing has happened. Your input to the Super League is very entertaining and invaluable!

In your dreams.....
Major Craig25

Postby Mad777 on Sun Jan 08, 2023 3:19 pm

Good joke Craig, thx for promoting my shrink status to the crownā€¦ :lol:
".....Under Phucumol treatment....."
https://youtu.be/zlusWzDY4qw
Lieutenant Mad777

Postby Craig25 on Sun Jan 08, 2023 3:27 pm

LOL!

You find it funny until people start to mail you about unfair dice/unlucky cards/banned maps coming up as random games/the super league dictator!

Mad777 wrote:Good joke Craig, thx for promoting my shrink status to the crownā€¦ :lol:
Major Craig25

Postby Mad777 on Sun Jan 08, 2023 6:51 pm

Craig25 wrote:LOL!

You find it funny until people start to mail you about unfair dice/unlucky cards/banned maps coming up as random games/the super league dictator!

Mad777 wrote:Good joke Craig, thx for promoting my shrink status to the crownā€¦ :lol:

Mad shrink has special feature to block unwanted message :lol:
Lieutenant Mad777

Postby Tviorr on Mon Jan 09, 2023 7:16 pm

On a different note, Ive been looking through the hall of fame - or the joint season rankings by (diminishing) points for winning leagues.

Perhaps its because I look so damn good, but I think Ive been registered with too many points. Not sure how stuff gets registered, but if I read it correctly, Im registered for a league 9 and a league 16 win (9 points) and I believe that should be a league 11 and a league 16 win (7 points) which is also whats noted with my name in the Live standings for League 8.

As mentioned possibly its my good looks, possibly its a minor early advancement of a fraction of the millions of points Ill scrape in during the next few seasons ;)

Assuming Im not misreading something of course. Its hard to see out of these glasses 8-)
Major Tviorr

Postby Craig25 on Tue Jan 10, 2023 3:55 am

Hi Tviorr

You are correct there. If you find any more errors let me know.

If you have lots of time on your hands, have Excel and can write some Super League commentary you are welcome to join the Team.

If you also have 'God Like' Programming skills like Anila, that is also very desirable. But, when I say 'God Like' I mean it! Being able to automate League Tables is a million miles away from 'God Like'!

C

Tviorr wrote:On a different note, Ive been looking through the hall of fame - or the joint season rankings by (diminishing) points for winning leagues.

Perhaps its because I look so damn good, but I think Ive been registered with too many points. Not sure how stuff gets registered, but if I read it correctly, Im registered for a league 9 and a league 16 win (9 points) and I believe that should be a league 11 and a league 16 win (7 points) which is also whats noted with my name in the Live standings for League 8.

As mentioned possibly its my good looks, possibly its a minor early advancement of a fraction of the millions of points Ill scrape in during the next few seasons ;)

Assuming Im not misreading something of course. Its hard to see out of these glasses 8-)
Major Craig25

Postby Tviorr on Tue Jan 10, 2023 1:26 pm

Hmm I might try my hand at commentary at some point, but my time is limited presently with a new job and an old mans learning curve, so not for this season at least.

As for the rest, the only divine things about me are my looks and my cc skills 8-)

Edit: found another error. - You have more points than me in the hall of fame. - Not to worry though. This will rectify itself in due time :P
Major Tviorr

Postby Mad777 on Tue Jan 10, 2023 5:26 pm

Tviorr wrote:ā€¦

Edit: found another error. - You have more points than me in the hall of fame. - Not to worry though. This will rectify itself in due time :P

:lol: :lol:
Lieutenant Mad777

Re: Super League - Season 11 ***TOURNAMENT PAUSED***

Postby Puddleglum on Wed Jan 25, 2023 12:43 am

Ummmm.... what happened?
Captain Puddleglum

Postby Bilbo1_OC on Wed Jan 25, 2023 9:31 am

Hi all. we will try and provide a more 'official' update shortly.

Rest assured there are conversations that are being attempted to find some form of resolution.
Colonel Bilbo1_OC

Postby ajnicol1973 on Wed Jan 25, 2023 6:21 pm

can we just get past all this petty bullshit and just play the league. thats why we are all here to play the damn game. i have zero involvement or interest in the back door squabbles and politics i just wat to play cc
Sergeant 1st Class ajnicol1973

Postby Bilbo1_OC on Wed Jan 25, 2023 7:33 pm

ajnicol1973 wrote:can we just get past all this petty bullshit and just play the league. thats why we are all here to play the damn game. i have zero involvement or interest in the back door squabbles and politics i just wat to play cc

Yep, indeed that would be the ideal. But at the moment, the creator and leader has had tournament privileges frozen, which makes it awkward to move forward.
Colonel Bilbo1_OC

Postby Mad777 on Thu Jan 26, 2023 9:29 am

Bilbo1_OC wrote:
ajnicol1973 wrote:can we just get past all this petty bullshit and just play the league. thats why we are all here to play the damn game. i have zero involvement or interest in the back door squabbles and politics i just wat to play cc

Yep, indeed that would be the ideal. But at the moment, the creator and leader has had tournament privileges frozen, which makes it awkward to move forward.

Craig25 is still having tournament organizer privileges for Super League tournaments.

The whole conversation and litigation are solely about the mass PM system, nothing to do with the gaming part of this event, it never was.

Just wanted to be clear on that.

Mad777
Lieutenant Mad777

Postby Bilbo1_OC on Thu Jan 26, 2023 10:34 am

Mad777 wrote:
Bilbo1_OC wrote:

Craig25 is still having tournament organizer privileges for Super League tournaments.

The whole conversation and litigation are solely about the mass PM system, nothing to do with the gaming part of this event, it never was.

Mad777

Again, my apologies Mad for my inaccurate statement. He is unable to send/recieve messages or update the forums - thus effectively making it impossible to complete the tasks necesssary to lead this tourny.
There are also other, side issues, that may still need to be resolved. We still look forward to a resolution so that resumption can occur.
Colonel Bilbo1_OC

Postby aaronvollrath on Thu Jan 26, 2023 10:58 am

Mad777 wrote:

Mad777[/color][/b]

if someone doesn't like the messages, then don't read them. set up a filter to delete. perhaps a benighted take, but it seems like a case where one person has an issue with the messages. Another option for someone that either has a problem with the organizers of this tournament or with being updated about the tournament on a frequent basis is to just not join it or leave the tournament. A great option for them would be to join the map masters or the monthly challenges. The former you get updates on the standings without any PMs except for generic ones from the site admin and the latter you get infrequent standings updates w/ little to no communication from the tournament organizers. There are other options out there. just sayin'.

frankly, it's actually refreshing to be in a tournament where there are frequent updates of the standings and some insight into the performance of the players involved. there have been a number of tournaments where updates are infrequent and people have to make the effort to figure out the standings on their own if they want to stay on top of things. This tournament is one of the most well run and organized on this site. The people running this tournament should resurrect Josko's 50th tournament.
Major aaronvollrath

Postby Bilbo1_OC on Thu Jan 26, 2023 11:03 am

Thanks aaronvolrath,

Josko and I have had a chat about his 50th... maybe at some stage we can get that moving :D
Colonel Bilbo1_OC

Postby steenh on Thu Jan 26, 2023 2:27 pm

I personally love the commentary, and if I didn't I would do what most adults do, ignore it and move on. And my wife might argue that I'm just barely an adult, and she'd probably be right.

This is the best run tournament I've been a part of on this site, or any other. Don't ruin it for the 350 players that just want to play the game.
Lieutenant steenh

Postby cliff_icp on Thu Jan 26, 2023 4:53 pm

Mad777 wrote:
Bilbo1_OC wrote:

Mad777

Then don't read the bloody inbox and move on! The fact that you're banning someone who has been running a tournament for over a year and has changed nothing in that year is on CC and the complainers.
Lieutenant cliff_icp

Postby serram on Thu Jan 26, 2023 7:49 pm

Can I suggest a solution? Why can't the organizers add to the next tournament, in addition to change home map or to request a rest season, an option to people who don't want to receive commentaries say so? This way, their names could be taken off of the group of emails before the beginning of the season. All the people who didn't say it has to accept the emails during all the tournament. I too love this tournament, am much appreciative of the effort taken to organize it, and don't want to lose all this because of a minor question
Captain serram

Postby aad0906 on Fri Jan 27, 2023 1:27 am

Let's have a poll.

I enjoy the frequent updates and if I wouldn't, I would simply ignore/delete. I also wonder why this suddenly became a problem, and not in the pervious "seasons". Unless the mass mailing are causing performance/bandwidth/litigation/cost issues for the site owner, I really don't see the problem. This is one of the most well-run and enjoyable tournaments in a long time, please don't ruin it.
Major aad0906

Postby groovysmurf on Fri Jan 27, 2023 2:33 am

Admin and the mods on site have no desire at all to see this event terminated. Craig25 was issued a simple warning, no punishment, but continued to push the issue and do things he was explicitly asked not to do. So, he was given a 72 hour chat ban. He'll be back today and so long as he actually abides by what has been asked of him, this tournament will continue as it has been. I know that Craig has spread some false information about what happened, but please understand, it was HIS choice to pause this tournament and his choice to continue to do things that led to his 72 hour ban.

We as moderators understand this event is enjoyed by many people, but that doesn't give someone allowance to badmouth and attack others; nor should it ever.
Major groovysmurf
Clan Director
Clan Director

Postby Coors1 on Fri Jan 27, 2023 2:44 am

This tourney is really the only thing keeping me active and Paying on this site. I loved the updates for this tourney, makes you feel very involved, and that stats are amazing.

I know, trying to appease 100% of the players is not always possible, just has to be a better way to get thru this issue.

Hoping that we can get through this very soon, and get this tourney back on track.

Thank you

Coors1
Captain Coors1

Postby Iron City Brewer on Fri Jan 27, 2023 8:32 am

Agree with much of what has been said. I look forward to the commentary and I don't feel Craig crossed the line. He unknowingly offended someone who was grieving which he has apologized several times for. If you you don't want the commentary, don't join the tournament. It clearly states you will receive it when you join. So very simple, don't want it, don't join.

I too recently struggled on whether or not to renew my premium membership and ultimately did so primarily because of the Super League and the upcoming memorial tournament. Please resolve this quickly and let us get back to enjoying the tournament.

ICB
Lieutenant Iron City Brewer

PreviousNext

Return to Completed 2023