Conquer Club

Conquer Madness!!! (winners in OP)

Tournaments Completed in 2020

Moderator: Tournament Directors

Re: Conquer Madness!!! (FULL/ONGOING)

Postby itake on Thu Sep 26, 2019 8:48 am

Thanks for these Elaterate, the are above and beyond. Really fun reads!

Best gamechat ever! Game 12681497
Colonel itake

Postby groovysmurf on Thu Sep 26, 2019 3:44 pm

I love it, Elaterate! You are so awesome for doing all this. =D> =D>

Kentucky!!!
Major groovysmurf
Clan Director
Clan Director

Postby Denise on Thu Sep 26, 2019 10:31 pm

:lol: Funny stuff, Elaterate. =D>
Colonel Denise

Postby misteryforall on Fri Sep 27, 2019 4:15 pm

Didnt seen anything to be close like this tour thread....good work and tnx for efforts....
Captain misteryforall

Postby Elaterate on Fri Sep 27, 2019 4:29 pm

Thanks for the kind words everyone. Running to the store in a few and when I get back home the invites will go out!!!
Captain Elaterate

Postby Elaterate on Fri Sep 27, 2019 5:28 pm

Invites to Semi-Finals/Final-4 have been sent!!!

531 games have been completed in this Tournament so far and only 40 more (+any Tiebreakers if needed) games to go until we finally have a WINNER!!! =D> =D> ;) :D
Captain Elaterate

Postby jytreberg on Fri Oct 18, 2019 8:16 am

It's been almost a month since the last bracket update but there are several games complete in the semi-finals. Both of our lower seeds currently hold a lead in those match-ups! We will see if they hold through the remaining games.

Conquer_Madness_Bracket_20191018.png
October 18th Bracket
Conquer_Madness_Bracket_20191018.png (6.28 KiB) Viewed 8152 times
Private jytreberg

Postby jytreberg on Tue Oct 29, 2019 12:29 pm

It looks like we finally have our finals set here. Last look at the bracket before the finals begin!

Conquer_Madness_Bracket_20191029.png
FINALS ARE SET!
Conquer_Madness_Bracket_20191029.png (5.85 KiB) Viewed 8077 times
Private jytreberg

Postby misteryforall on Tue Oct 29, 2019 3:29 pm

When prepareing for tour was started, we thinking to take R.S.A. for home map, but Cay was explicit to take D-Day( thanks for that)....we have adv on that map, and then comes Monthly challenge when all other studyed map very fast.....we was aware of A^ team and USA2.1 map, but now i must say 'thank you' that u give us a chance to aknowledge that map...
Captain misteryforall

Postby Elaterate on Fri Nov 01, 2019 1:22 pm

\\\\\\\\ FINAL-4 ////////

MARYLAND Vs. OREGON

Oregon didn't want to think about its last meeting with Maryland, when a 34-point victory by the Terrapins saddled the Ducks with their worst non-conference defeat in school history. In the back of their minds, the sting from that humiliating defeat never went away.

But the Ducks eased much of that pain Wednesday night, bouncing the defending national champions out of the Conquer Madness!!! Tournament with an 84-72 victory in the semi-finals.

''We were embarrassed the last time we played them,'' forward Caymanmew said. ''When you get beat by 34, you don't even want to be seen on campus the next day." adding, ''That was the low point of the season. This is the high point.''

The defeat was a bit of a failure for the #2-seeded Maryland who came into the season and the Tournament, albeit the #2 seed, as the favorites to win it all. The Terps have been to the tournament semifinals the past four years, but haven't won a title since 1997.

''We didn't show enough emotion or passion to win this game,'' said sophomore forward elddir, who scored 18 points for Maryland. ''This isn't what we planned for. When I walked on the floor, I wanted to play two games this week and we didn't play well enough to make that happen.''

Oregon, which trailed almost the entire first half, came out swinging in the final 20 minutes.

Playing without misteryforall, their best defender, who went out four minutes into the game with a strained right ankle, the Ducks were able to stifle elddir and the other Terrapins while opening up their offense.

Maryland's Sophomore guard Bariclaw, who had 15 points at halftime on 6-for-9 shooting, couldn't shake Kaiser Szami in the second half. He didn't score for almost 10 minutes while Maryland suffered from turnovers, sloppy passes and poor shooting. Bariclaw finished with just three points in the second half, and wound up 7-for-14 from the floor.

Oregon jumped all over Maryland's mistakes, and Kaiser Szami was solid from long range. He made three 3-pointers in a furious
20-7 run. The Ducks trailed 58-52 before the run. But Kaiser's fifth 3-pointer put Oregon up 72-65 with 6:09 to play.

Maryland coach itake, furious with the Terrapins throughout the second-half of the game, called a timeout down 76-68 to chastise his squad
once again with 2:01 left to play. The coach said after the game," I might have lost my temper at my players but I know we came prepared to win this game and we came out flat in the second half."

Kaiser Szami scored a career-high 25 points, All-American Center ZaBeast recorded his 3rd Triple-Double of his career with 17 points, 18 rebounds and 10 assists while freshman forward misteryforall added just 7 points for the #3-seeded Ducks.

''We believe in what we're doing,'' said Caymanmew, who had 14 points and 9 rebounds. ''We're a confident team, and it shows in our play. Our coach had a great game plan for us and we executed on all levels tonight and it payed out in a big way''

Oregon will face #1-seeded Ohio St. in the Conquer Madness!!! CHAMPIONSHIP this Friday night!!!
Captain Elaterate

Postby Elaterate on Fri Nov 01, 2019 2:24 pm

\\\\\\\\ FINAL-4 ////////

OHIO ST. Vs. KENTUCKY

The lead kept shrinking. It probably seemed like the clock wasn't moving. Ohio State was playing the #5-seeded Kentucky Wildcats at a neutral site but it sure didn't sound that way. The Buckeyes, who led by 16 points with 11:26 to play, appeared destined to be another opponent unable to hold a lead against the talented and deep Wildcats.

Not these Buckeyes. Ohio State, with all five of their starters scoring in double figures, held off a furious rally -- Kentucky got within three points -- for a 84-78 victory Tuesday night at BigWham's Mansion.

"Just poise under pressure," Ohio State's emilywink said. "MTIceman41 and davekettering really ran the show and we have to follow those guys. They handled the pressure the entire game and came up big for us."

"Being a quote "underdog" (Vegas betting lines had Kentucky as a +5 favorite), we had nothing to lose. We had a chip on our shoulder from the beginning and we felt very, very prepared for this game and we executed our system," coach All Black Rugby told us after the game.

The #1-seeded Buckeyes executed enough early to take a 37-25 halftime lead. The crowd of 15,846 was almost all in blue and they got very vocal as the rally went on. It was unfair to call this a neutral-site game. "Just playing a team the caliber of Kentucky, everybody thinks you're going to lose the game except for the guys in the locker room," emilywink said. "So just having that bond together and that tight knit group, made us be able to pull this victory out.

Junior guard Denise had a season-high 33 points for the Wildcats and kept the rally going with 3-pointer after 3-pointer. She finished 7 of 9 from beyond the arc, all the makes in the second half. A 3 by JPlo64 (18 points, 7 assists) brought Kentucky within 75-72 with 3:48 left to play and there weren't many people in the building who didn't think it was just a matter of time before the Wildcats would have the lead.

The Buckeyes, who had missed three of their last five free throws, suddenly started making them. emilywink (16 points, 13 assists) made two and so did davekettering (7-8 from the line for the game) and the lead was back to 79-72 with 2:54 left.

Madmom (18 points), made a 3-pointer as the shot clock expired to pull Kentucky within 4 and was fouled on the play but couldn't make the free-throw as MTIceman41 (21 points, 17 rebounds) pulled down one of the biggest rebounds of his career that basically secured the win for the Buckeyes as he was fouled on the play and sank both of his free-throws on the other end.

Ohio St. Senior big man Astoriana didn't have the best of games but still ended the night with 12 points and 8 rebounds for the Buckeyes while davekettering had a stellar game finishing the game with 23 points, 7 rebounds, and 5 assists.

Freshman starting forward MudPuppy had just 9 points and eight rebounds for the Wildcats.

"We still have to learn how to win. We didn't start the game. They were the aggressor and they came after us," Kentucky coach groovysmurf said. "These guys have just played basketball in the past. Now we're going to come back next year and teach them how to win."

The Top-seeded Buckeyes will be facing the #3-seeded Oregon Ducks in the Conquer Madness!!! CHAMPIONSHIP this Friday night!!!

Coverage can be seen on the CC3 network ;)
Captain Elaterate

Postby Elaterate on Fri Nov 01, 2019 2:26 pm

damn took me almost an hour to write that last one lol :D

CHAMPIONSHIP is best of 16 games... 4 Home, 4 away for each Doubles and Triples Team.

Games will be sent out in 2 batches.... 2 Home, 2 away games for each team.

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!!
Captain Elaterate

Postby elddir on Fri Nov 01, 2019 5:40 pm

GGs to all, especially those damn Ducks!

Thanks to Elaterate and jytreberg for running everything and adding the fun game commentaries.

Best of luck to everyone in the finals - how do we follow along?!
General elddir

Postby Elaterate on Fri Nov 01, 2019 6:32 pm

elddir wrote:GGs to all, especially those damn Ducks!

Thanks to Elaterate and jytreberg for running everything and adding the fun game commentaries.

Best of luck to everyone in the finals - how do we follow along?!

First Batch:

Triples: Game 19445081 / Game 19445080 / Game 19445074 / Game 19445073

Doubles: Game 19445078 / Game 19445077 / Game 19445076 / Game 19445075

BIG SHOUT OUT to ALL who helped either run this with me or just made this Tournament possible in one way or another:

shoop76
jytreberg
EBConquer
TeeGee
Dukasaur
Benga
Captain Elaterate

Postby mdhill on Sat Nov 02, 2019 4:56 pm

Great tourney, guys, and love the write-ups, Elaterate. Y'all smoked us in that semifinal.

mdhill
Click image to enlarge.
Brigadier mdhill

Postby misteryforall on Sun Nov 03, 2019 6:49 am

Its too hard to say/write all greetings in 1 post....at start of tourney we have disscusion does to avoid ur team till the final(at conference stage), but we decided to step on the line...
We have a lot of good and hard games in last year against you(thinking on A^), and we r ready and waiting for other challenges in the future....

Also i must thank to all other players for good games and time spent here...
Thanks E and jytreberg for great texts in their 'newspaper'....

I want to write much more, but final games already start so i must use my brain there( to say 'agreed' to ZaBeast and Kaiser Szami tactic posts)

Sincerely, misteryforall
Captain misteryforall

Postby jytreberg on Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:41 am

This has been a fun tournament to help out with, even if my team didn't make it very far. GL to both teams in the championships!
Private jytreberg

Postby Denise on Sun Nov 17, 2019 5:54 pm

Elaterate wrote:Junior guard Denise had a season-high 33 points for the Wildcats and kept the rally going with 3-pointer after 3-pointer. She finished 7 of 9 from beyond the arc, all the makes in the second half....

=D> :lol: Thanks for an entertaining post, Elaterate.
Colonel Denise

Postby Elaterate on Sun Nov 17, 2019 7:33 pm

Elaterate wrote:First Batch:

Triples: Game 19445081 / Game 19445080 / Game 19445074 / Game 19445073

Doubles: Game 19445078 / Game 19445077 / Game 19445076 / Game 19445075

BIG SHOUT OUT to ALL who helped either run this with me or just made this Tournament possible in one way or another:

shoop76
jytreberg
EBConquer
TeeGee
Dukasaur
Benga

Oregon strikes first blood!

Ducks: 1

Ohio St: 0
Captain Elaterate

Postby Elaterate on Wed Nov 27, 2019 2:39 pm

Elaterate wrote:

Ohio St. puts the pressure back on Oregon...

Ohio St: 1
Captain Elaterate

Postby Elaterate on Thu Nov 28, 2019 1:09 pm

Elaterate wrote:
Elaterate wrote:

Oregon puts on the Full-Court Press and takes the lead back...

Ducks: 3

Captain Elaterate

Postby Elaterate on Sat Nov 30, 2019 4:31 pm

Elaterate wrote:
Elaterate wrote:
Elaterate wrote:

Ohio St. took a punch in the mouth but swings back with a vengeance...

Ohio St: 2
Captain Elaterate

Postby Elaterate on Tue Dec 03, 2019 3:54 pm

Elaterate wrote:
Elaterate wrote:
Elaterate wrote:
Elaterate wrote:

Ohio St. took a punch in the mouth but swings back with a vengeance...

Ohio St: 2

We have reached Halftime in the CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

Ducks: 5

Ohio St: 3

First half Highlights coming soon...
Captain Elaterate

Postby misteryforall on Tue Dec 03, 2019 4:31 pm

First half Highlights coming soon...

Hurray....
Captain misteryforall

Postby Elaterate on Thu Dec 12, 2019 1:43 am

First Half Highlights

The #3 seeded Oregon Ducks heads into the locker room with a 53-47 lead over the #1 seeded Ohio St. Buckeyes. The Ducks came out swinging and had an answer to almost everything Ohio St. threw at them.

Things got a little tense to start the game as the Buckeye's Junior Guard emilywink and Oregon's Junior Forward Caymanmew got into a shoving match 2 minutes into the game after Caymanmew was called for an illegal screen that some might say was a dirty play. emilywink went hard to the floor but bounced right back up and immediately got in the face of the 6-9 Forward before shoves where exchanged.

All-American Center ZaBeast was a force in the middle for the Ducks pulling down an astonishing 16 rebounds but struggled to get the put-backs in the hoop shooting just 2-12 in the half and had 7 points along with 5 assists. ZaBeast’s dominance on the glass and ability to find the open man helped Oregon overcome a slow night from co-star misteryforall, who went into the locker room hanging his head after his 1-8 performance for only 6 points and 5 turnovers.

"He made some freshman mistakes that he hasn't done all year but he'll bounce back," Oregon coach Elaterate told us before joining his team in the locker room adding "We controlled the paint which was our main focus coming into this game and I think if we continue to do that we have a good chance to win this."

The play of the half came from Oregon Freshman guard Kaiser Szami, who put Ohio St.'s Astoriana on a poster late in the first half with a drive down the middle of the lane and throwing down a thunderous dunk over the Buckeye's center that brought a rowdy crowd of mostly Red and Silver fans to silence and gave Oregon a 44-43 lead they would not let go of.

"Both teams played great. We missed some open shots but I'm pleased overall with our performance and believe we can come back out in the second half and make a come back," Ohio St.'s coach All Black Rugby told us before heading into the locker room.

Both Teams shot over 50% from the field with Oregon shooting 19-35 from the field with Ohio St. shooting 17-32. Foul Trouble might be a factor in the second half with the Buckeyes starters davekettering and MTIceman41 having 3 each already.
Captain Elaterate

PreviousNext

Return to Completed 2020