Conquer Club

Conquer Madness!!! (FULL/ONGOING)

Tournaments in progress

Moderator: Tournament Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Conquer Madness!!! (PRIZE POOL...FULL)

Postby Elaterate on Mon Nov 05, 2018 4:12 am

Week 3 game invites have been sent
Major Elaterate

Medals: 49
Monthly Leader Silver (1) Monthly Leader Bronze (1) Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2)
Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1)
Polymorphic Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2)
Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Bot Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (1) Challenge Achievement (2) Tournament Contribution (5)

Postby jytreberg on Wed Nov 14, 2018 1:29 pm

7 of 10 week 1 games have been completed along with a handful of week 2 and 3 games. I am watching all of the games and updating the spreadsheet linked in the original post every time I see a game go final (usually about once a day).
Sergeant 1st Class jytreberg

Medals: 21
Most Improved Gold (1) Standard Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (1)
General Achievement (1) Challenge Achievement (2)

Postby Elaterate on Wed Nov 14, 2018 3:09 pm

jytreberg wrote:7 of 10 week 1 games have been completed along with a handful of week 2 and 3 games. I am watching all of the games and updating the spreadsheet linked in the original post every time I see a game go final (usually about once a day).

=D> =D> =D>
Major Elaterate

Monthly Leader Silver (1) Monthly Leader Bronze (1) Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2)
Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1)
Polymorphic Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2)
Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Bot Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (1) Challenge Achievement (2) Tournament Contribution (5)

Postby MyNameIsJack on Wed Nov 14, 2018 7:51 pm

Enjoying the tourney so far E doing good
Lieutenant MyNameIsJack

Medals: 28
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (2)
Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (2)
Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Contribution (1)

Postby elddir on Wed Nov 21, 2018 5:33 pm

Not a big deal, but I think the seeding in stage 2 is sub-optimal (i.e. it punishes people for doing better in round 1 by pairing them against stronger teams in round #2). Although I think it's imperfect, I think the below would get much closer to accomplishing the goal of rewarding teams who do well in round 1:
Conf A: Teams #1, 8, 9, 16, 17
Conf B: Teams #2, 7, 10, 15, 18
Conf C: Teams #3, 6, 11, 14, 19
Conf D: Teams #4, 5, 12, 13, 20

(the above is based on the four main branches in this 20 team bracket: https://www.printyourbrackets.com/20seeded.html)

Note that in the above the top 4 teams are all in separate conferences, which makes a lot of sense.
General elddir

Medals: 31
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1)
Polymorphic Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (2) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (6)
Tribe Achievement (2)

Postby Elaterate on Wed Nov 21, 2018 5:49 pm

elddir wrote:Not a big deal, but I think the seeding in stage 2 is sub-optimal (i.e. it punishes people for doing better in round 1 by pairing them against stronger teams in round #2). Although I think it's imperfect, I think the below would get much closer to accomplishing the goal of rewarding teams who do well in round 1:

(the above is based on the four main branches in this 20 team bracket: https://www.printyourbrackets.com/20seeded.html)

Note that in the above the top 4 teams are all in separate conferences, which makes a lot of sense.

That was just an example and for the 24 teams I was hoping for... For 20 teams I was thinking....

Option 1: (Similar to yours)

Conf 1) 1,5,9,13,17

Conf 2) 2,6,10,14,18

Conf 3) 3,7,11,15,19

Conf 4) 4,8,12,16,20

Option 2:

Conf 1) 1,3,5,9,15

Conf 2) 2,4,6,10,16

Conf 3) 7,11,13,17,19

Conf 4) 8,12,14,18,20

Option 3:

Conf 1) 1,3,6,8,12

Conf 2) 2,4,7,9,13

Conf 3) 5,10,14,16,19

Conf 4) 11,15,17,18,20

Leaning towards Option 2 cause just like in College Basketball there are some conferences who's worst team is better then other conference's best team. Thoughts?
Major Elaterate

Postby elddir on Wed Nov 21, 2018 5:56 pm

Well, it's your tournament, so obviously your choice! :)

Personally, I'd think the main idea would be to reward the best performers for round 1 with optimal placement in round 2. In a lot of those options, you'd rather not be the #1 (or even #2) seed. Option #1, the optimal seed is #4; Option #2, the optimal seed is #8; Option #3, the optimal seed is #11!

Note: the difference in my proposal and your option #1 is the "snaking" of the teams - this makes the seed preference generally follow the seed # (i.e. you'd prefer seed #1 to #2, etc.)
General elddir

Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1)
Polymorphic Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (2) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (6)
Tribe Achievement (2)

Postby Elaterate on Wed Nov 21, 2018 6:12 pm

elddir wrote:Well, it's your tournament, so obviously your choice! :)

Personally, I'd think the main idea would be to reward the best performers for round 1 with optimal placement in round 2. In a lot of those options, you'd rather not be the #1 (or even #2) seed. Option #1, the optimal seed is #4; Option #2, the optimal seed is #8; Option #3, the optimal seed is #11!

Note: the difference in my proposal and your option #1 is the "snaking" of the teams - this makes the seed preference generally follow the seed # (i.e. you'd prefer seed #1 to #2, etc.)

It's the players tournament, I'm just hosting ;) I will run this by the other Captains through a PM and see what the majority thinks before I make a final decision.
Major Elaterate

Postby elddir on Wed Nov 21, 2018 6:30 pm

Cheers! Thanks for taking suggestions! :)
General elddir

Tribe Achievement (2)

Postby All Black Rugby on Tue Nov 27, 2018 4:06 pm

I agree with elddir. I'd rather this was seeded with the strong playing the weak, as per the NBA playoffs e.g. 1v8; 2v7 etc. This provides incentive to get the highest seeding in Round 1.

elddir wrote:Not a big deal, but I think the seeding in stage 2 is sub-optimal (i.e. it punishes people for doing better in round 1 by pairing them against stronger teams in round #2). Although I think it's imperfect, I think the below would get much closer to accomplishing the goal of rewarding teams who do well in round 1:

Colonel All Black Rugby

Medals: 75
Monthly Leader Bronze (1) Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (2)
Terminator Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (17)
Challenge Achievement (4) Tribe Achievement (13)

Re: Conquer Madness!!! (FULL/ONGOING)

Postby jytreberg on Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:18 pm

Just wanted to provide an update on the standings based on the few games that completed overnight and this morning (Eastern Time). Looks like the Ducks and Wildcats are off to an early lead, as the only unbeaten teams in Stage 1 after the Terps went down today. All week 1 games are complete and only two week 2 games are still active (Game 18618334-Illini vs. Lakers and Game 18618438-MO Tigers vs. KY Wildcats) and competitive at the moment.

Three games from week 3 remain (Game 18631038-Jayhawks vs. Illini, Game 18631041-Lakers vs. MO Tigers, and Game 18631046-Buckeyes vs. Wolfpack) with catstevens's Grand Valley St. Lakers looking to land their first victory in Game 18631041.

In other news, the 0-4 Pitt Panthers are looking to rebound from a rough start to the season with a late lead over the UNLV Runnin' Rebels in Game 18666178. The 0-3 Michigan State Spartans are also looking for a spark with a slight edge over the Missouri Tigers in Game 18646906.

Overall 34 games out of 100 have been completed in Stage 1 which puts us a hair over 1/3 complete in this stage.

Conquer_Madness_Standings_20181205.png
Current Standings

Look for more news and analysis of Conquer Madness and be sure to tune in to the Stage 2 selection show, somewhere further down this forum thread.
Sergeant 1st Class jytreberg

Medals: 21
Most Improved Gold (1) Standard Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (1)
General Achievement (1) Challenge Achievement (2)

Postby tfh182 on Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:12 pm

Best tournament ever... everybody has said so. We need to have E run all the tournaments, that guy is great at it.
Major tfh182

Most Improved Gold (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1)
Terminator Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (4)
General Achievement (1) Challenge Achievement (1)

Postby misteryforall on Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:30 pm

Where is new update....
Oregon Ducks unbeaten in 7 games......Maryland Terrapins need to be disqualify-they are too dangerous
Colonel misteryforall

Medals: 68
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (5)
General Achievement (5) Clan Achievement (4) Challenge Achievement (12) Tribe Achievement (1)

Previous

Return to Ongoing