Conquer Club

Account Sitting and Tournaments

Where dead threads are laid to rest - No new topics, no new posts allowed

Moderator: Tournament Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Account Sitting and Tournaments

Postby scipioafricanus1 on Mon Nov 23, 2009 5:28 pm

Is it proper to have an account sitter in a tournament? You can't truly say you won the tournament if someone else took your turns.

What if the account sitter in question is also playing in the tournament on a different team? Obviously if they were playing in the same game it would be a problem, but what if they aren't in that game but are in the tournament? Seems to be a conflict of interest.
Corporal 1st Class scipioafricanus1

Re: Account Sitting and Tournaments

Postby amazzony on Tue Nov 24, 2009 4:05 am

I think it's all allowed and from my point of view I see no problem in it because if you trust somebody babysitting your account then you have to know that he/she will play your games as they were his/her own. If you don't trust the person then you shouldn't give your account to that person to babysit.
"Thou shalt accept thy dice rolls as the will of the Gods" (Church of Gaming)
"amazzony is a beast" (Woodruff)
Lieutenant amazzony

Re: Account Sitting and Tournaments

Postby Lindax on Tue Nov 24, 2009 11:20 am

15. Can I let another player take a turn for me when I am away from the game?

You can, with the stipulation that the account babysitter is not your opponent in any current game. It is common courtesy to announce in game chat that another player will take your turn(s) during your absence. Babysitters should only do what is necessary to take the turn(s) and should not interact with the community, start or join new games (except for ongoing tournaments). Furthermore, you should only take another player's turn if they are in danger of missing a turn, not for the purpose of gaining a tactical advantage.

All this applies to standard games as well as tournament games.

Also, account sitting should be a temporary thing. If somebody plays a complete tournament while account sitting, I would think that would be considered "abuse".

Lx
"Winning Solves Everything" - Graeko
Colonel Lindax
Tournament Director
Tournament Director

Return to Tournament Archives